Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Some of us have a mind of our own by which to discern the character of a person...again, "by their fruit you will know them". If one jettisons the pundits the very words and actions speak for themselves. His business history is well documented, his personal life is well documented, his attacks and vitriol are well documented, his blatant lies, falsehoods, and fabrications are well documented... why would one need the "opinions" of MSM to with reasoned minds discern the truth?

Unless you know him personally, you literally have to rely on pundits, MSM, and 3rd parties to know any bit of that information. All I'm saying is that I don't vote based on who I think has never sinned, otherwise I could only write-in Jesus himself every election. As far are his being a Christian or not, I can't judge his relationship with God. All I can say is that if he isn't a Christian and he came to this forum and saw some of the things Christians said about him, it would drive him farther away from Christ rather than toward him.

Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟61,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I suppose that I'm good with that understanding also, but I still think that 'liar' is a better descriptor and doesn't allow for a lot of the ambiguity that 'less than sincere' might be defined by others. Especially when one juxtaposes 'less than sincere' against 'liar'. The intent being, while 'less than sincere really means closely the same thing, one can walk away and say to themselves, "Well, he's not a liar!" While the definition of 'less than sincere' really means about the same thing. Basically a synonym.

God bless,
Ted
We have many, many synonyms for lie. I don't think the term "liar" is more specific or even better. Withholding key information is one form of deceit, but it would be unfair to yell "liar". Personally I think it is much easier to support a feeling that he is "Less than sincere".

Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟61,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think that in Donald Trump, the United States of America finally has the president the American democracy deserves. I believe that the 63 million Americans who voted for Trump in 2016 deserve four more years of Trump, Trump certainly deserves four more years in the White House and I'm almost hoping Trump does a Putin and orders the constitution to be changed so that he can extend his term to 2036 to make USA truly great like Russia. Donald Trump is the perfect president for his country. Donald Trump embodies everything that the United States of America stands for.
Do you think Finland deserves its neighbors? Does it deserve to have been neighbors with Nazi Germany? Neighbors with the USSR?

Upvote 0

Kalevalatar

Supisuomalainen sisupussi
Jul 5, 2005
Pohjola
✟20,327.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi kalevalatar,

Just curious. Do I detect a bit of sarcasm in that response. You being in Finland and having had to deal in the past with Russia, do you really want another nation like Russia? "...to make USA truly great like Russia'?

God bless,
Ted

There's no sarcasm. It's my honest opinion. I think America deserves Trump. I don't think the poor downtrodden Russians deserve that crook of theirs, but America, a nation built on greed, does deserve Trump.

Do you think Finland deserves its neighbors? Does it deserve to have been neighbors with Nazi Germany? Neighbors with the USSR?

In a democracy, people get exactly the kind of leaders they deserve. A country cannot change its geography, however, a democracy can change its government. Donald Trump is the perfect leader for the United States of America. Granted, he did lose the popular vote and was voted in by a small elitist electoral college, but that does not make him any less the legitimate leader of the United States.

Upvote 0

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Unless you know him personally, you literally have to rely on pundits, MSM, and 3rd parties to know any bit of that information. All I'm saying is that I don't vote based on who I think has never sinned, otherwise I could only write-in Jesus himself every election. As far are his being a Christian or not, I can't judge his relationship with God. All I can say is that if he isn't a Christian and he came to this forum and saw some of the things Christians said about him, it would drive him farther away from Christ rather than toward him.

Why would one have to know him personally, when his hate, vitriol, falsehoods are on full public display? Are you denying trump's rhetoric and behavior - both past and present? You do realize that one need only watch videos of trump speaking to discern truth from falsehoods...is that not true? We all make "judgements" every day about the people we interact with, and choose to engage with on myriad levels... it is judgement of both a different kind and degree than God's judgement.

Again, what did Jesus mean when he plainly stated that "...by their fruits you will know them". How about 1 Cor. 5:12 ... for those who claim he is not a mature Christian, but a Christian nonetheless?

Why would this forum drive him away if he at least became aware of the truth of how he conducts himself? Does he ever take an objective appraisal of the things he says and does? It seems to me in a much wider sense non-believers point to the hypocrisy of Christianity when they hold up a person who is a proven liar, cheater, adulterer, etc. ... that seems to be an area where many are driven "farther away" from Christ. Once again, it seems clear that to many character and virtue are of minimal import...if any at all.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"His followers"? I have voted for several people who were elected president, never once considered myself "their follower". Since when do we refer to those who vote for one candidate or the other as "their follower"?

Since they will defend him tooth and nail no matter what he says or does.

Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟61,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Since they will defend him tooth and nail no matter what he says or does.
Does Biden have any "followers"? Also, do we have a guesstimate on what percentage of those who voted for him or might vote for him fall into this category (in other words are they statistically insignificant or not). Besides a couple of people in the Secret Service I don't know anyone willing to take a bullet for him, and even though those in the Secret Service might take a bullet for him it doesn't mean they will vote for him.

Upvote 0

Jermayn

May 22, 2019
Northwest Florida
✟109,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Why would one have to know him personally, when his hate, vitriol, falsehoods are on full public display? Are you denying trump's rhetoric and behavior - both past and present? You do realize that one need only watch videos of trump speaking to discern truth from falsehoods...is that not true? We all make "judgements" every day about the people we interact with, and choose to engage with on myriad levels... it is judgement of both a different kind and degree than God's judgement.

Again, what did Jesus mean when he plainly stated that "...by their fruits you will know them". How about 1 Cor. 5:12 ... for those who claim he is not a mature Christian, but a Christian nonetheless?

Why would this forum drive him away if he at least became aware of the truth of how he conducts himself? Does he ever take an objective appraisal of the things he says and does? It seems to me in a much wider sense non-believers point to the hypocrisy of Christianity when they hold up a person who is a proven liar, cheater, adulterer, etc. ... that seems to be an area where many are driven "farther away" from Christ. Once again, it seems clear that to many character and virtue are of minimal import...if any at all.

I'm not going to judge someone's personal life that I don't know based on TV snippets and videos from the media who are obviously biased against them. I wouldn't want someone doing that to me, so I'm not going to do that to someone else. As far as driving non-believers away from Christ, they point to our hypocrisy because we so often throw sins in their face that we are all guilty of ourselves, which is exactly what's happening in this thread.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Does Biden have any "followers"? Also, do we have a guesstimate on what percentage of those who voted for him or might vote for him fall into this category (in other words are they statistically insignificant or not). Besides a couple of people in the Secret Service I don't know anyone willing to take a bullet for him, and even though those in the Secret Service might take a bullet for him it doesn't mean they will vote for him.
We will find out on election day.

But an interesting poll would be, "Do you support President Trump no matter what he says or does?"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Nevada Smith

Sep 20, 2020
Paxton
✟14,530.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
the question is about Trump, not Clinton, or anyone else. I really don't know why Christians would support this guy, based on what he himself says and does? It is not in the Bible that Christians have a "duty" to vote for anyone!
It is either go to the polls and vote for Trump or stay home and let the Democrats, the party of racism, abortionist and sodomites, elect their candidate.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm not going to judge someone's personal life that I don't know based on TV snippets and videos from the media who are obviously biased against them. I wouldn't want someone doing that to me, so I'm not going to do that to someone else. As far as driving non-believers away from Christ, they point to our hypocrisy because we so often throw sins in their face that we are all guilty of ourselves, which is exactly what's happening in this thread.

Evidently you never listen to trump speak ... it isn't snippets or videos that are biased, but rather people who deny what is right in front of them that are biased regarding truth, integrity, honesty, etc.. That you choose to ignore his own words and behavior is your perogative, many of us don't. And anyone in public office should be open to justified criticism ... how do you assess someone's Character? Simply dismissing the verified facts on trump both in the past and present is only an abdication of the responsibility that the Founders entrusted to the citizenry. Sorry, people who claim Jesus Christ are accountable for their words and actions, and "we the people" are accountable for those we elect ...

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

WolfGate

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2004
South Carolina
✟449,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am just interested to see what Christians think about Trump? I see so many posts in Trump forums Trump walking along with Jesus in a way i see it as a cult :D although i do support him because he is against liberals. But do honestly most you believe he will save America and he is choosen one? He is really wealthy and was an actor in many films, commercials is he really for the good of all? I remember there was this video where Trump said if he ever goes to become a president he will go through the republican party because they are so dumb.. So where is the truth is he really choosen one? or he is just with Illuminati and pretend to be with the people. My self i am still trying to figure out.

My simple opinion is while he has done some things that I, and other Christians, rightfully see as positive, he has mainly done them because they will give him support and not because he believes in what he has done. He also has done many things that I find abhorrent and shows no fruits I would expect to see from any Christian. I expect he will again get >75% of the evangelical Christian vote. I will be in the <25%.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am just interested to see what Christians think about Trump? I see so many posts in Trump forums Trump walking along with Jesus in a way i see it as a cult :D although i do support him because he is against liberals. But do honestly most you believe he will save America and he is choosen one? He is really wealthy and was an actor in many films, commercials is he really for the good of all? I remember there was this video where Trump said if he ever goes to become a president he will go through the republican party because they are so dumb.. So where is the truth is he really choosen one? or he is just with Illuminati and pretend to be with the people. My self i am still trying to figure out.
I imagine the real question here is does Mr. Trump love Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Be blessed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟61,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We will find out on election day.

But an interesting pol would be, "Do you support President Trump no matter what he says or does?"
The old "I could shoot someone on 5th avenue and they would still support me" poll?

Upvote 0

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As far as driving non-believers away from Christ, they point to our hypocrisy because we so often throw sins in their face that we are all guilty of ourselves, which is exactly what's happening in this thread.

No, when Christians claim to stand for certain beliefs, values, and principles then virtually swear unfettered loyalty to one who represents the opposite of those ... then it would seem clear that those standards are built on sand. Essentially as long I agree with a person's policies, in this case quite debatable, than my Christian beliefs can be set aside...

Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟61,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sadly this trump quip speaks more to the character of many of his supporters than to the man himself!
Really, many? That is the question we are trying to determine. Is many 3, or 3 million. Is it a totally insignificant fringe group of people who have no impact on the election, or is it truly a significant portion of the electorate. No one has put forth any evidence to support the assertion that it is "many".

Upvote 0