Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I turned to the synopsis because I most likely have not seen this film since the DVD release in January of 2003. That’s over twenty years ago.
That's understandable. However, in so saying, you are admitting that you aren't well acquainted with the film although you also say, in the same post, that it's demonic deception and not about Christianity and tick off the ways in which you think it is not. You cannot be both informed and uninformed at the same time.

Can you perfectly remember all movies you have not seen since 2003?
Nope, but I'm not about to lambast one of them that I don't remember when someone else here says that it had great meaning for him.

But posters should at least respect the rules in my OP (even if they don’t agree with them).
And that I did! I also pointed this out to you in the previous post. Maybe you should have included a proviso that the films mentioned have to have emphasized the particular Christian themes that you were looking for and only in the way that you had in mind.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That's understandable. However, in so saying, you are admitting that you aren't well acquainted with the film although you also say, in the same post, that it's demonic deception and not about Christianity and tick off the ways in which you think it is not. You cannot be both informed and uninformed at the same time.

Okay. First of all, you are disrespecting the thread OP rule by continuing this kind of promotion of what I believe is a demonic film. For your info: I seen the movie and remember the bulk of the film and what it was about, and I looked at the synopsis to see what I did not recall. I seen the movie in theaters and on DVD. So it’s not like I have not seen the film.

You said:
Nope, but I'm not about to lambast one of them that I don't remember when someone else here says that it had great meaning for him.

So you cannot condemn an older film in 2002 if don’t perfectly remember every little detail of that movie? You cannot condemn a movie you seen in 2002 and fill in the gaps by refreshing your memory by any official written synopsis? That sounds silly and unreasonable.

You said:
And that I did! I also pointed this out to you in the previous post. Maybe you should have included a proviso that the films mentioned have to have emphasized the particular Christian themes that you were looking for and only in the way that you had in mind.

The fact that I am disagreeing with you and giving you reasons why according to the Bible shows that it does not fit my criteria. But I just created a thread rule right now that will take this movie off the list if there is any doubt that it should not be mentioned here. I believe the movie is demonic and anti-Christian. The fact that it scares a person and makes them afraid of aliens is anti-Christian. It’s not a Christian movie by any sense of the word. Thriller movies (that inspire fear) are not Christian. Signs is a Science Fiction thriller film.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Peace&Grace3

Oct 8, 2023
Malibu
✟312.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Be prepared to get your tissues out when you watch it. It is an emotional film. Well, at least both my wife and I teared up. It's not a sad movie, but it has moments that are very emotional. It is an "action / sci fi" with some great Christian messages. I have watched it several times and I liked it so much that I bought the DVD and watched the behind the scenes featurette, and the commentary. Don't let the trailer fool you. It's actually a great movie. Just pop it in and enjoy the ride, brother.

In fact, I actually did not even want to watch this movie after seeing the trailers. But after having watched another Christian movie on Amazon Prime, this movie came up to play next, and I was like, "Okay. I will give it shot but I do not have high hopes for it." Man, was I wrong. This is a great Christian film!
What is the movie? Thank you.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What is the movie? Thank you.
The War Within:

full

Here is the trailer:
You can watch this for free if you have Amazon Prime (Last I checked):
Amazon.com: Watch The War Within | Prime Video

Upvote 0

Peace&Grace3

Oct 8, 2023
Malibu
✟312.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It looks interesting. Thank you for posting this. I look at allot of the Hallmark "Cozy" mysteries. So, it will be good for me to see something a little more dramatic that inspires faith. :)
My full list of recommended Christian films that I find to be the most rewatchable can be found starting in this post here (at the beginning of the thread). Once you reach my Christian movie recommendations, just keep scrolling down to see my entire list. If you like mystery I would recommend not only the War Within, but also 77 Chances. You can check out the trailer in the link provided (Post #3).

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟352,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I have one but i have to find it.i don't know the name. It's the background of many of the writers of famous Christian and Christmas songs and music. It's really beautiful. Tbn showed it on their christian movie station. I bought it after seeing it there. They show it periodically.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Samaritan Woman

Sep 2, 2013
Midwest
✟66,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Please Read This Before Posting:

Please do not mention movies such as Chronicles of Narnia or Lord of the Rings (that promote the sin of witchcraft). Please do not mention any movie that is clearly not obviously Christian. For example: The film called Signs is not a Christian movie even though some Christians may think so because it subtly mentions the faith. The film promotes fear and hopelessness. The film has also not been reported to lead many people to Christ for salvation or inspire many believers to follow the Lord Jesus. Also, please do not mention movies that do not specifically mention Christ, God, the Bible, or Christ's teachings. I am looking for clearly Christian movies only that leads people to want to follow Jesus, God, and His Word. Thank you for understanding; And may God bless you.

What Christian Movies Do You Find To Be The Most Rewatchable?

Well, if you are interested, here is my list below.
NONE

Upvote 0

Blaise N

Jul 4, 2021
Midwest US
✟117,646.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Please Read This Before Posting:

Please do not mention movies such as Chronicles of Narnia or Lord of the Rings (that promote the sin of witchcraft). Please do not mention any movie that is clearly not obviously Christian. For example: The film called Signs is not a Christian movie even though some Christians may think so because it subtly mentions the faith. The film promotes fear and hopelessness. The film has also not been reported to lead many people to Christ for salvation or inspire many believers to follow the Lord Jesus. Also, please do not mention movies that do not specifically mention Christ, God, the Bible, or Christ's teachings. I am looking for clearly Christian movies only that leads people to want to follow Jesus, God, and His Word. Thank you for understanding; And may God bless you.

What Christian Movies Do You Find To Be The Most Rewatchable?

Well, if you are interested, here is my list below.
Personally I love the legendary movie Ben Hur from 1959 but also I love the 1956 film,and perhaps the greatest movie ever made, The Ten Commandments.

These films are two I hold extremely close to my heart,I love them both.I especially love Charlton Heston,he’s my favorite actor,primarily because he’s Christian!,but also he played incredible roles,especially Moses.

We all know we love Moses!

If I had to pick,I’d pick BOTH!

Upvote 0