Aug 1, 2010
✟55,547.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Let us know what you thought of Time Changer, brother.
I am curious as to your thoughts on it.
Great movie! It was a brilliant concept and gave me a new perspective on things that i already felt strongly about

To elaborate, before the movie i strongly believed that the devil was working through TV, radio, hollywood films and social media to drive people away from the Lord

My perspective comes from growing up in the 90s but to see how someone from the late 1800's would see todays world was very eye opening. The moral decline of society truly saddens me

And we have even taken a few steps further from where the modern day society was in the movie with technology being even more advanced, politics being more divided, the lgbt and churches with rainbow decorations, and so on

It was a great and eye opening movie that I enjoyed alot!

• Agree
Reactions: Heavenhome
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Great movie! It was a brilliant concept and gave me a new perspective on things that i already felt strongly about

To elaborate, before the movie i strongly believed that the devil was working through TV, radio, hollywood films and social media to drive people away from the Lord

My perspective comes from growing up in the 90s but to see how someone from the late 1800's would see todays world was very eye opening. The moral decline of society truly saddens me

And we have even taken a few steps further from where the modern day society was in the movie with technology being even more advanced, politics being more divided, the lgbt and churches with rainbow decorations, and so on

I am so glad that you enjoyed the movie, and the message behind it. I agree, that the enemy uses movies, music, and social media to destroy people. But it is good that there are a few rare gems like this film that can help a person in accepting and following the Lord Jesus Christ.

The director, Rich Christiano (While I do not agree with all of his beliefs) did two other good Christian films. The Secrets of Jonathan Sperry, and Play the Flute are both good Christian films (Although not as good as Time Changer). I like Time Changer because it also adds some humor in it, too.

Another film that I liked that is a Sci-Fi Christian film a lot is “What if.” (Directed by Dallas Jenkins). If you have not seen it already, you can check out the trailers for these films in the beginning of this thread. “What if” is a romantic comedy, but it also has a great Christian message. Note: I do not agree with the director of “What if” (Dallas Jenkins) on his current film project involving the Chosen TV series, though. I believe he went too far in changing the Bible in his series. But still, “What if” is really a great Christian movie despite what he did recently.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,055.00
Faith
Non-Denom

Yeah Time Changer was pretty good. Of course many of a secular audience likes to see lasers going off and space ships going warp speed but it did seek to teach a right theological reality that one must believe God's word is authoritative and Jesus is Lord.

I think Time C touched on the issue I've always sought to share with Christians. Many think in terms that we need a morality revolution in the country. They mean well by thinking this but you can have morality revolution but it still doesn't mean people will make heaven their home. The mandate of the church is to bring people to spiritual transformation or become born again.....filled with God's spirit and eternal life. Once God's life is inside a person morals will come in line that is as they yield to his life and power.

Or message really shouldn't be STOP THIS, STOP THIS....No it really should be RECEIVE HIM, Receive HIM that is the LIFE and LIGHT.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yeah Time Changer was pretty good. Of course many of a secular audience likes to see lasers going off and space ships going warp speed but it did seek to teach a right theological reality that one must believe God's word is authoritative and Jesus is Lord.

I think Time C touched on the issue I've always sought to share with Christians. Many think in terms that we need a morality revolution in the country. They mean well by thinking this but you can have morality revolution but it still doesn't mean people will make heaven their home. The mandate of the church is to bring people to spiritual transformation or become born again.....filled with God's spirit and eternal life. Once God's life is inside a person morals will come in line that is as they yield to his life and power.

Or message really shouldn't be STOP THIS, STOP THIS....No it really should be RECEIVE HIM, Receive HIM that is the LIFE and LIGHT.

I agree. I think the message of the film was that morality without Jesus Christ is pointless. All morality comes from Jesus Christ. Mentioning morals without giving credit to their true origin Jesus Christ is a pointless exercise. Morals alone will not save a person. Only Jesus can save. True morals should follow after a person is saved because it is Jesus working on the inside of them. John 15:5 says we can do nothing without Him. Jesus said only God alone is good. So the source of all good that we do is God doing the good work through us. Without God, we cannot do true good. Our motivations are all wrong. Our effort is all wrong without God or the Lord. When God does the good work through us, it is the restoration of the relationship between God and man. All glory, honor, and power goes to Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I added the Resurrection of Gavin Stone to my Honorable Mentions list (and not my most re-watchable list). This film used to be in my most re-watchable list, but due to the director's odd beliefs (like having fellowship with Mormons, etc.), and his recent film project - The Chosen TV series, I have decided to move this film down. It is still a really good and fun Christian movie if you ignore the director's beliefs and his recent film project.

Anyways, you can check out my update in my Honorable Mentions List in post #5 within this thread.

Upvote 0

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am ashamed to say, earlier on this year I recommended The Chosen after watching one episode but since went back on the forum to apologise and repent publicly of this.
Unfortunately most said I was being too legalistic and didn't care.
There was so much in it that was not biblical (Mary Magdalene travelling as a disciple was one) and it was weird because I really don't watch portrayals of Jesus but I was sucked in.

My point was if you are going to make a biblical film, it should be 100% biblical.
Also I had checked out the director Dallas Jenkins and his advisors (Catholic , Rabbi and church historian). The actor portraying Jesus is Catholic and does rosaries etc on his Instagram that he said has been so much stronger since making The Chosen.

That wasn't accepted either and i was brought to task by one post for looking into it.
Anyway it taught me a lesson that I do not need any film about the Bible. My gosh the early church didn't even have the completed scripture to own as we do, so why do we see the need to be " entertained" in that way.

I am not talking about Christian films, but films that supposed to be telling the Bible.
I'll stick to the real thing.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am ashamed to say, earlier on this year I recommended The Chosen after watching one episode but since went back on the forum to apologise and repent publicly of this.
Unfortunately most said I was being too legalistic and didn't care.
There was so much in it that was not biblical (Mary Magdalene travelling as a disciple was one) and it was weird because I really don't watch portrayals of Jesus but I was sucked in.

My point was if you are going to make a biblical film, it should be 100% biblical.
Also I had checked out the director Dallas Jenkins and his advisors (Catholic , Rabbi and church historian). The actor portraying Jesus is Catholic and does rosaries etc on his Instagram that he said has been so much stronger since making The Chosen.

That wasn't accepted either and i was brought to task by one post for looking into it.
Anyway it taught me a lesson that I do not need any film about the Bible. My gosh the early church didn't even have the completed scripture to own as we do, so why do we see the need to be " entertained" in that way.

I am not talking about Christian films, but films that supposed to be telling the Bible.
I'll stick to the real thing.

Yes, I agree. When they change too much of the biblical narrative and the lives of the apostles, it is an insult to the truth of God's Word.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you for your input and I am sorry if I disrailed the original thread.
I am thankful that I was suitably chastened and God taught me that anyone can be deceived if they don't stick to the Bible alone for all things.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for your input and I am sorry if I disrailed the original thread.
I am thankful that I was suitably chastened and God taught me that anyone can be deceived if they don't stick to the Bible alone for all things.

No apologies necessary.

May God bless you greatly today.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Added the Polycarp film to my most rewatchable Christian movies list.

Oh, and Play the Flute movie just came out on DVD (if anyone is interested).

May God bless you all greatly today.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

wkrause92

Mar 13, 2021
Dallas
✟8,001.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Please Read This Before Posting:

Please do not mention movies such as Chronicles of Narnia or Lord of the Rings (that promote the sin of witchcraft). Also, please do not mention movies that do not specifically mention Christ, God, the Bible, or Christ's teachings. I am looking for clearly Christian movies only that leads people to want to follow Jesus, God, and His Word. Thank you for understanding; And may God bless you.

What Christian Movies Do You Find To Be The Most Rewatchable?

Here is my list:
(Note: You can check out the poster artwork, trailers, and where to rent online in my following posts):

1. Time Changer.
2. What if.
3. The Redemption of Henry Myers.
4. Play the Flute.*
5. The War Within.
6. Heaven's War.
7. 77 Chances.
8. Champion.
9. The Prince of Egypt.
10. Breakthrough.
11. Treasure Lies.
12. The Secrets of Jonathan Sperry.

Honorable Mentions:

1. Overcomer.
2. The Resurrection of Gavin Stone.
3. Risen. *
4. Ben Hur (Remake). *
5. The Star. *
6. Polycarp

Side Note 1:

* Play the Flute (the movie) is currently only available to purchase at Christianmovies.com

Side Note 2:

* I mentioned a few movies involving Jesus (i.e. Rise, Ben Hur (remake), and the Star). Please take note that I do not believe in promoting images of Jesus in general, but I do believe that these films can be helpful witnessing tools or tools to edify. Please do not regard actors or imagery of Jesus depicted in these film as if that was actually Him. We do not know what Jesus looked like.
Please Read This Before Posting:

Please do not mention movies such as Chronicles of Narnia or Lord of the Rings (that promote the sin of witchcraft). Also, please do not mention movies that do not specifically mention Christ, God, the Bible, or Christ's teachings. I am looking for clearly Christian movies only that leads people to want to follow Jesus, God, and His Word. Thank you for understanding; And may God bless you.

What Christian Movies Do You Find To Be The Most Rewatchable?

Here is my list:
(Note: You can check out the poster artwork, trailers, and where to rent online in my following posts):

1. Time Changer.
2. What if.
3. The Redemption of Henry Myers.
4. Play the Flute.*
5. The War Within.
6. Heaven's War.
7. 77 Chances.
8. Champion.
9. The Prince of Egypt.
10. Breakthrough.
11. Treasure Lies.
12. The Secrets of Jonathan Sperry.

Honorable Mentions:

1. Overcomer.
2. The Resurrection of Gavin Stone.
3. Risen. *
4. Ben Hur (Remake). *
5. The Star. *
6. Polycarp

Side Note 1:

* Play the Flute (the movie) is currently only available to purchase at Christianmovies.com

Side Note 2:

* I mentioned a few movies involving Jesus (i.e. Rise, Ben Hur (remake), and the Star). Please take note that I do not believe in promoting images of Jesus in general, but I do believe that these films can be helpful witnessing tools or tools to edify. Please do not regard actors or imagery of Jesus depicted in these film as if that was actually Him. We do not know what Jesus looked like.

Would Legion count as one?

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Would Legion count as one?

No. It's a horror film, and it is not a Christian movie. Horror films glorify murder, death, and seek to put fear within you and they do not seek to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ and His good ways.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

LJK

Aug 25, 2021
Colorado
✟7,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
This is a great thread! We've watched many of your recommendations, and will try to watch the rest.

Agree with your The Chosen assessment - we watched 1 episode, and couldn't believe how they characterized Nicodemus, Simon and Andrew, and Mary Magdelene.

Some movies we've enjoyed that I haven't seen mentioned: The Book of Daniel https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3120944/, The Road to Emmaus https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1697073/, Unidentified (Christiano), A Man Called Peter, The Encounter, Seven Days in Utopia, Beyond the Mask, Hidden Secrets, Steven's Test of Faith, God's Country, & Safe Harbor.

One more you may want to consider: I'm Not Him. I was surprised to find my friend's husband wrote, produced, and directed it.

Upvote 0