Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This is a great thread! We've watched many of your recommendations, and will try to watch the rest.

Agree with your The Chosen assessment - we watched 1 episode, and couldn't believe how they characterized Nicodemus, Simon and Andrew, and Mary Magdelene.

Some movies we've enjoyed that I haven't seen mentioned: The Book of Daniel https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3120944/, The Road to Emmaus https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1697073/, Unidentified (Christiano), A Man Called Peter, The Encounter, Seven Days in Utopia, Beyond the Mask, Hidden Secrets, Steven's Test of Faith, God's Country, & Safe Harbor.

One more you may want to consider: I'm Not Him. I was surprised to find my friend's husband wrote, produced, and directed it.

I am glad you watched many of my recommendations on my list. I hope you get to check out the rest. If you do, let me know which ones are your favorites. I choose Christian films that are focused on following Christ and or in uplifting God’s Word according to the Bible. That is my criteria of a Christian film.

Anyways, I do also hope you enjoy the list of films I recommended, as well.

May God’s grace, love, and peace be upon you and your family.

• Friendly
Reactions: mama2one
Upvote 0

LJK

Aug 25, 2021
Colorado
✟7,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I choose Christian films that are focused on following Christ and or in uplifting God’s Word according to the Bible. That is my criteria of a Christian film.

Same. Have you seen any of the ones I mentioned? I think they all fit that bill.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Same. Have you seen any of the ones I mentioned? I think they all fit that bill.

I have seen Unidentified, and Beyond the Mask. They were okay. I am really particular and picky when it comes to Christian movies. I did look at the Dove.org review on the other films. Unless Dove is not giving an honest review, some did not mention the faith as much as I would like.

I'm Not Him (According to Dove.org) pushes the Catholic faith. No offense, but I find Catholicism to be unbiblical, so that would not be my cup of tea. I am for the Bible alone as the guiding factor of my faith.

I am looking forward to seeing Princess Cut 2: Hearts on Fire with my wife. We both liked the first movie a lot and it had some great Christian messages in it.

full

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7988412/

Upvote 0

LJK

Aug 25, 2021
Colorado
✟7,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Look forward to it too, I liked the first one. I think you would be quite surprised by I'm Not Him. I was. It really didn't push the Catholic faith - I saw that as well before I watched it and was skeptical - but it really didn't, in fact, it was quite clear that we go directly to God, not through man - I was very surprised.

Dove doesn't give perfect reviews. Sometimes I regret watching their recommendations also, and other times I think they are off. Blessings.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Look forward to it too, I liked the first one. I think you would be quite surprised by I'm Not Him. I was. It really didn't push the Catholic faith - I saw that as well before I watched it and was skeptical - but it really didn't, in fact, it was quite clear that we go directly to God, not through man - I was very surprised.

If a movie has anything Catholic in it without any correction of Catholicism, then I believe it is promoting Catholicism in some way (Which is something that I do not approve of). For I believe it is wrong and unbiblical to pray to the saints, confess sins to a priest, and to bow and kiss statues. So seeing anything Catholic or Orthodox in a movie is a quick way for me to hit the stop button on the film. I am very conservative and trust in the Bible alone as my final Word of authority.

Note: I used to have the film called: “Hacksaw Ridge” on my Christian movie list because I believe strongly in New Testament Non-Resistance (See this thread here), but I threw out the DVD, and removed it from my lists recently because:

(a) I noticed brief male nudity in it.

(b) Story is about a Seventh Day Adventist (Note: While I knew of this before, I did not come to know about how strongly I disagree with SDA Christians until recently. God talked to my heart that the SDA’s secret adherence to the heretical beliefs of Ellen G. White is unacceptable. I also find it unacceptable that SDA’s make everything about the Sabbath when they speak about the Bible, when the Bible is actually about Jesus Christ).​

It’s sad because I really liked the movie despite these things, but I cannot willingly accept error and or promote error.

You said:
Dove doesn't give perfect reviews. Sometimes I regret watching their recommendations also, and other times I think they are off. Blessings.

I did a search on Time Changer at Dove.org and they said “none” for the category of faith. So I see what you mean. Time Changer was all about the faith. For when we talk about the Bible, and trusting in Jesus, we are talking about the faith. But they do not see it that way. I think they see it in terms of the theme of the film (involving the protagonist within the script).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I highly recommend watching The Chosen it's a series on angelstudios.com

There are great concerns I have with the Chosen TV series although I do not see a problem so far with Dallas Jenkin’s previous notable Christian works (What if and Resurrection of Gavin Stone).

Please carefully read these Christian articles and pray about it.

The Chosen: Is It Biblical? – Growing 4 Life

Watchman Warning Sheep About Wolves and False Teachers: The Chosen Mini Series Exposed

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have seen Unidentified, and Beyond the Mask. They were okay. I am really particular and picky when it comes to Christian movies. I did look at the Dove.org review on the other films. Unless Dove is not giving an honest review, some did not mention the faith as much as I would like.

I'm Not Him (According to Dove.org) pushes the Catholic faith. No offense, but I find Catholicism to be unbiblical, so that would not be my cup of tea. I am for the Bible alone as the guiding factor of my faith.

I am looking forward to seeing Princess Cut 2: Hearts on Fire with my wife. We both liked the first movie a lot and it had some great Christian messages in it.

full

Princess Cut 2: Hearts on Fire (2021) - IMDb

I watched this Christian sequel and it was really disappointing. It felt more like a mediocre TV episode than an actual film. The first movie in this series was pretty good, but this sequel felt forced and or depressing. Movies should seek to uplift us and encourage us in following the Lord and not drag us down. This Christian film just felt like a rollercoaster that was on downward spiral only. There was no positive upside to it. But this is just my humble opinion. I prefer to see Christian films that uplift and encourage.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I still think the movie Signs delivered a strong Christian message without hitting the audience over the head with it. To me that makes the film even more meaningful than an explicitly religious story usually does. I also find it eminently rewatchable.

And that is often the way it is with the people of God, by which I mean that God's guidance frequently 'gets through to us' and changes us when we are least expecting it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,964.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Northwest.

DELETED PROFILE
Mar 14, 2022
N/A
✟8,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There are great concerns I have with the Chosen TV series although I do not see a problem so far with Dallas Jenkin’s previous notable Christian works (What if and Resurrection of Gavin Stone).

Please carefully read these Christian articles and pray about it.

The Chosen: Is It Biblical? – Growing 4 Life

Watchman Warning Sheep About Wolves and False Teachers: The Chosen Mini Series Exposed

In reference to "The Chosen Mini-Series Exposed"

Dallas Jenkin states BEFORE the beginning of the episode "The Chosen is based on the true stories of the gospel of Jesus Christ. some LOCATIONS and TIMELINES have been combined or condensed. BACKSTORIES and some CHARACTERS or DIALOGUE have been ADDED. HOWEVER, ALL biblical and historical context and any artistic imagination are designed to support the truth and intentions of the scripture. VIEWERS ARE ENCOURAGED TO READ THE GOSPEL." If you disagreed with the series or FAILED to read the notice above then why did you continue to watch The Chosen? Personally, this show has brought me closer to God and Jesus! If you don't like it then simply DON'T watch it!

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In reference to "The Chosen Mini-Series Exposed"

Dallas Jenkin states BEFORE the beginning of the episode "The Chosen is based on the true stories of the gospel of Jesus Christ. some LOCATIONS and TIMELINES have been combined or condensed. BACKSTORIES and some CHARACTERS or DIALOGUE have been ADDED. HOWEVER, ALL biblical and historical context and any artistic imagination are designed to support the truth and intentions of the scripture. VIEWERS ARE ENCOURAGED TO READ THE GOSPEL."

Revelation 22:18 says, “For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:”

Revelation is a book that is now known as a part of the whole of the Bible. You mention Revelation, and people will instantly connect it with the Bible and not as a separate book. God has strong warnings in adding to His words. The Chosen TV show adds dialogue (words) and then they contradict themselves and say they are in support of the truth in Scripture. The disclaimer also does not make sense because there are four gospel accounts and not one (Gospel). So we should be encouraged to read the gospelS (the four gospels), and not the gospel (singular - which does not exist).

Mr. Jenkins has turned the truth into fables (myths). Think. For how would you like it if they did a movie on your life and they totally just made stuff up about you that is totally not true? Would that not be telling lies about your life? Now, imagine how God feels if they made up lies involving His precious Words (the Bible)?

You said:
If you disagreed with the series or FAILED to read the notice above then why did you continue to watch The Chosen?

I honestly do not remember any disclaimer, and I did not even watch the first official episode all the way through before I turned it off. I turned it off at the part when they showed Peter fighting (Which never happened in the Bible). They are telling lies about Peter’s life and Christians today just blindly believe this is what the Bible teaches.

You said:
Personally, this show has brought me closer to God and Jesus! If you don't like it then simply DON'T watch it!

God cannot lie according to Scripture. But this show pushes lies to bring you closer to God and Jesus?
It sounds like another Jesus to me. Please stop watching the show. It’s false.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
As for the movie called Signs:

Signs is the promotion of demonic deceptions in the form of aliens. So no. It’s not a Christian movie. There was no mention of Jesus and salvation in Him, and or that we should follow Him.

• Haha
Reactions: Albion
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
As for the movie called Signs:

Signs is the promotion of demonic deceptions in the form of aliens. So no. It’s not a Christian movie. There was no mention of Jesus and salvation in Him, and or that we should follow Him.
I'm going to guess that you slept through everything but the part where the aliens are on screen. LOL

The movies that deliver the most impactful message are often the ones that don't explain everything in the first five minutes. Life is a lot like that, too, if you think about it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I guess you slept through everything but the part where the aliens show up. LOL

I used to own it on DVD until I threw it out along with hundreds of my other popular secular DVD films (like Star Trek, Star Wars, James Bond, Marvel movies, etcetera). I honestly do not remember the sub story because it was so insignificant to the rest of the main story. I do remember that Mel Gibson’s character had lost his faith (Note: In the scene with his wife (which I do recall): He looked like a Catholic priest although the synopsis says he was an Episcopal priest), and he abandoned the church and his faith in the aftermath of the incident involving the death of his wife.

I don’t remember him returning back to the faith (although the synopsis of the film states this). This was due to the fact that it was a sub story that was not that significant or memorable. It was a movie focused on the promotion of fear. It was sort of like a horror/thriller movie. I don’t think God desires us to watch such junk because it does not embody the fruits of the Spirit. Fear and hopelessness is not of the fruits of the Spirit. Plus, it really did not make a whole lot of sense why he came back to the faith. Granted, I do not believe one can deny faith in Jesus and come back, either. So this is also a false teaching being taught, as well. I could keep going but that should cover the obvious gross things in this film that is totally against what the Bible teaches.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I used to own it on DVD until I threw out along with hundreds of my other popular secular DVD films (like Star Trek, Star Wars, James Bond, Marvel movies, etcetera). I honestly do not remember the sub story because it was so insignificant to the rest of the main story.
Thanks. I knew you must have missed the point.

In the scene with his wife (which I do recall): He looked like a Catholic priest although the synopsis says he was an Episcopal priest
Good grief.

I don’t remember him returning back to the faith (although the synopsis of the film states this).
Amazing.

Maybe you can borrow a copy of the film and give it another look.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thanks. I knew you must have missed the point.

I did not miss anything. The subplot could have even been Christian (of which it was not because you cannot deny the faith or Jesus, and come back), but the fact that the film promoted alien demonic deceptions and taught you to be afraid of them when God tells us to fear nothing but God and to focus on that which is good and godly.

I remember a Pastor once talking about how owls sometimes mentioned in the Bible is in reference to demons. He mentioned this in how the owls eyes were like that of the same shape of the grey aliens. I thought this pastor was just making a silly point and I ignored it until I seen the movie trailer called the Fourth Kind. In the trailer it showed owls morphing into the grey aliens with them having the same almond shaped black eyes. Also, those who encountered aliens have been connected with the smell of sulfur or brimstone. This same smell happened for those who had encounters with supposed ghosts of dead people. Brimstone is associated with hell. Then there are accounts of Christians being able to cast out aliens in the name of Jesus, as well. So they are not what they appear to be. I believe these are demonic deceptions.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Good grief.

In my world at the time (Which was a period in my life of when I was not really as well educated on different topics in Christianity), I did not even know of Episcopalians. He looked like a Catholic in the scene with his wife and so that is what he was to me in the movie based on his attire.

You said:
Amazing.

Maybe you can borrow a copy of the film and give it another look.

Why would I do that if I consider the movie to be pure evil?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
In my world at the time (Which was a period in my life of when I was not really as well educated on different topics in Christianity), I did not even know of Episcopalians. He looked like a Catholic in the scene with his wife and so that is what he was to me in the movie based on his attire.

Why would I do that if I consider the movie to be pure evil?
Because you (quite obviously, given your prior comments) didn't understand what you were watching and had to turn to "the synopsis" for even basic information. But more important perhaps is that we are naming films that had the greatest impact up each of us, knowing that other posters would have their own favorites.

And Signs, for me, was the best example that came to mind of a film that, in addition to being "rewatchable," met your guideline from the Original Post ("I am looking for clearly Christian movies only that leads people to want to follow Jesus, God, and His Word.")

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Because you (quite obviously, given your prior comments) didn't understand what you were watching and had to turn to "the synopsis" for even basic information.

I turned to the synopsis because I most likely have not seen this film since the DVD release in January of 2003. That’s over twenty years ago. Can you perfectly remember all movies you have not seen since 2003? I don’t have one of those super brains that can recall all details of everything in my life. I don’t have that luxury of having a photographic memory.

You said:
But more important perhaps is that we are naming films that had the greatest impact up each of us, knowing that other posters would have their own favorites.

But posters should at least respect the rules in my OP (even if they don’t agree with them). I made it clear in the OP what are Christian films are what are not Christian films. If you disagree with the criteria rules (set out in the OP), then this is not the thread for you, my friend. For example: I mentioned how Narnia is not a Christian film (even though it may be labeled as such by others) because it promotes the sin of witchcraft without rebuking that sin. The same is true with Signs. It promotes fear throughout the film and it never truly rebukes this worldly kind of fear over one’s life in the fact of how we should not be afraid of anything but God. For to live is Christ, and to die is gain. This idea and concept of living for Christ and dying is gain is never expressed clearly in the film. Only a carnal and worldly fear is pushed. Only horror is pushed with bloody alien fingers being cut off. Aliens are seen as evil in this film and you are to be afraid of them. That is what the film is pushing. Fear them. But the Bible tells us to only fear God.

You said:
And Signs, for me, was the best example that came to mind of a film that, in addition to being "rewatchable," met your guideline from the Original Post ("I am looking for clearly Christian movies only that leads people to want to follow Jesus, God, and His Word.")

According to Wikipedia: Signs is an American science fiction mystery thriller film. They do not even label it as a Christian film. If you want to discuss American Science Fiction Mystery Thrillers, I am sure there is a thread for that. But the film is clearly not Christian (despite your own forced imaginations that it is).

The movie could not in any sense lead a person to want to follow Jesus because it never led me or convicted me to follow the Lord or even think about the Lord Jesus even once. Neither has the film led hundreds or thousands to Jesus like actual Christian films do. The film promotes fear and to experience moments of hopelessness. The main character denied the faith entirely. Meaning he denied Jesus as His Savior. As I stated before, a believer cannot believe in Jesus as their Savior (the faith), and then reject Him as the Savior, and then decide to later believe in Jesus for salvation. The faith of our Lord Jesus Christ (according to the Bible) does not work like that (See: Hebrews 6:4-6). So if anything the film is pushing a false anti-Christian belief. Then again, we should not surprised that this is the kind of garbage we find in Hollywood.

Last edited:
Upvote 0