• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

What are your Allergies?

Judy02

Jan 9, 2006
England.
✟28,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Wheat/gluten. I went gluten free 4months ago. Its sooooo tough but its made me so much more healthy so its worth it. Still in the process of being officially tested for cealiac

If you are being tested for coeliac/celiac disease then you have to be eating a lot of gluten/wheat for several months for any of the tests to be accurate unfortunately. If you're gluten free, the damage it does to your body won't show up. I decided it wasn't worth putting myself through the misery of being really ill for that much longer.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

waves16

don't provoke the beavers
Dec 20, 2010
Canada
✟17,056.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Gah, allergies. I have waaay too many.
Tobacco, tree pollen, dandelions, grass, mould, cats, kiwi, smoke, horsefly bites, and pretty much every single laundry detergent known to man except Tide. I am a total outdoor person, but it stinks being allergic to pretty much everything in nature! I had allergy "vaccinations", which helped a little with the grass allergy. I do miss eating kiwi though </3

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LadyOfMystery

Heart of Gold
Mar 25, 2007
North Carolina
✟279,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Household dust, certain types of trees, and certain molds.

No food or medicine allergies thankfully.
Same. Dust mites, latex and now hay apparently.

Latex is the biggest thing though. I cannot be around baloons, blow them up. Nor can I be around latex gloves, bandaids, etc. This is really hard in hospitals, because latex is their first choice and I always have to make sure they're not using them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Crujir

SCHWAN MAN HUNGRY!
Nov 12, 2005
Roseburg, Oregon
✟33,417.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Grass pollen used to be terrible, but it's not as bad now. Cigarette smoke really irritates me; I start sneezing a lot and get a headache.

I also wonder if I'm allergic to any animals, because sometimes I'll randomly have allergy symptoms around certain dogs.

Upvote 0