Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
This was my first time watching.
I picked it b/c I like Disney and Pixar cartoon movies
I watched it on Disney+

That's cool. I have like a zillion movies picked out on my watchlist that I don't have time to look at. The last Disney + movie I remember watching was called Prey. Watched some of it in VR, some in Tablet. When you watch Disney + movie in VR (ie it would normally be a browser that you hit full screen and then it takes up most of the viewing area) then it's really cool. Other Disney + favorites I've re-watched partially in VR include Pirates of the Carribean and Mulan, and Shang-Chi and the Legend of the 10 Rings (2021) (which I'm due to re-watch again -- good to mention that again here). Also, I remember looking at Black Widow (2021) was also amazing on VR.

I find that VR is the best convenient way to watch something on a cinema-scale that's convenient to set-up if you are busy or in a rush, the drawback is the quality is sub-par compared to other home theatre set-ups.

Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0

Juan777

Jun 20, 2022
Toronto
✟20,153.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
I've been watching a bunch of random music videos on YouTube.

I blew up some music videos on the VR devide today too. Tried IMAXing Katy Perry's Chained to the Rythm. Love seeing that on an IMAX size screen.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟212,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Tortured For Christ

This is about a preacher who was imprisoned by the communists & tortured. It’s only an hour & simply a narration to the scenes. So not sure if it was worth it. It’s good for what it is. It makes me wonder why the common people would support the imprisonment & torture of Christians.

3/5

Power Rangers

This was the recent movie. I watched the show a few times w/ family when it was on TV but don’t really know much about them other than that passing knowledge. I really liked this. Power Rangers w/ modern technology works so much better than what the TV show did. Most of the movie focuses on the teen drama, which I enjoyed. Some of the acting (or is it the script?) isn’t good, but it picks up as the movie goes on as the team interact more. The final battle is really good. Not gonna lie, it was pretty exciting watching the Zords run into battle! & the resulting battle lives up to it. I want a Zord T-Rex! & then they fuse into the Mega Zord after holding the line! Really good.

5/5

Some NHL hockey. Coyotes/Canucks. Coyotes led most of the game but lost in OT 3-2.

Upvote 0

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟379,781.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
As somebody who has worked with VR for a while now, I find stuff like this more encouraging than not. To see people using it to overcome social anxiety in real life, to create, to escape for a moment, to find moral support, to grew as individuals, and to have fun while doing so is pretty neat.

Upvote 0

Juan777

Jun 20, 2022
Toronto
✟20,153.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Tortured For Christ

This is about a preacher who was imprisoned by the communists & tortured. It’s only an hour & simply a narration to the scenes. So not sure if it was worth it. It’s good for what it is. It makes me wonder why the common people would support the imprisonment & torture of Christians.

3/5

Power Rangers

This was the recent movie. I watched the show a few times w/ family when it was on TV but don’t really know much about them other than that passing knowledge. I really liked this. Power Rangers w/ modern technology works so much better than what the TV show did. Most of the movie focuses on the teen drama, which I enjoyed. Some of the acting (or is it the script?) isn’t good, but it picks up as the movie goes on as the team interact more. The final battle is really good. Not gonna lie, it was pretty exciting watching the Zords run into battle! & the resulting battle lives up to it. I want a Zord T-Rex! & then they fuse into the Mega Zord after holding the line! Really good.

5/5

Some NHL hockey. Coyotes/Canucks. Coyotes led most of the game but lost in OT 3-2.

I saw Tortured for Christ as well. The old Soviet Russia was brutal. I did feel there was a higher quality of Christianity in this place compared to Western Christianity because you can only be a true Christian in such a place.

Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,154,965.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Tortured For Christ

3/5

Power Rangers

5/5

I actually read the book 'Tortured For Christ'.

I only remember bits and pieces of it. That was when my Christian faith was on its last legs. I do remember the book leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟212,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I am watching the Avatar movie for the first time since it came out & am really liking it, more than the 1st time I saw it. I really hope the new one does well. I get tired of the criticism of the franchise which boils down to 'it's a Pochaontas / Dances W/ Wolves rehash' or 'the Nickelodeon Avatar cartoon is so much better' like those are valid criticims. Unfortunately I probably won't see the new one in theaters b/c 3 hours is too long & none of my go-to-the-movies folks care for Avatar buying all the dumb criticims for it, so I'll have to wait. Early reviews are loving it.
Why do I like it? I just like the genre in general & am finding myself entertained, it just boils down to that, nothing Oscar-worthy. All top-grossing movies are big-budget sci-fi/fantasy/action movies that could only dream of getting an Oscar.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟212,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I am watching the Avatar movie for the first time since it came out & am really liking it, more than the 1st time I saw it. I really hope the new one does well. I get tired of the criticism of the franchise which boils down to 'it's a Pochaontas / Dances W/ Wolves rehash' or 'the Nickelodeon Avatar cartoon is so much better' like those are valid criticims. Unfortunately I probably won't see the new one in theaters b/c 3 hours is too long & none of my go-to-the-movies folks care for Avatar buying all the dumb criticims for it, so I'll have to wait. Early reviews are loving it.
Why do I like it? I just like the genre in general & am finding myself entertained, it just boils down to that, nothing Oscar-worthy. All top-grossing movies are big-budget sci-fi/fantasy/action movies that could only dream of getting an Oscar.
I think one of the reasons I like it is because it IS a Western in space. I like Westerns & watch one once in a while. The problem is Westerns are no longer popular. So people see elements of Westerns in Avatar & say ‘I don’t care’. If it was a superhero movie rehashing the same superhero tropes, people would be lining up.
I think an Adventure/shooting/action video game set in the Avatar world could really work well. While watching the movie, I can’t help but thinking how well this idea would translate to a video game. Maybe if they had made it as a video game, it’d have set records.
I could talk about the setting, but don’t want to beat a deadhorse. It’s gorgeous & makes me want to go there! And yes, I find it creative.
The movie is a pro-environmentalist message, but it’s not singling out, say white people, or the United States, for example, like today’s movies would do.
So yes, I really liked it, but few things I didn’t like. Thee villain is a generic army general type, the type you see in cartoons. Ugh, I don’t like this trope at all. The actor was good in the role, just a trope I don’t like. Definitely the biggest flaw in the movie
The side characters weren’t really fleshed out.
A couple montages or narrator dialogue glosses over some events that should’ve been seen & not told.
That reminds me, someday I need to watch Dances W/ Wolves. My parents owned it so it was in the video collection when I was growing up but I never watched it! Same w/ Apollo 13.
I give Avatar a 5/5. If you like fantasy and adventure, you’ll like it.

I never watch volleyball but decided to watch Florida A&M vs Florida last week. Florida won easy. FAMU has never beaten Florida.

I watched a women’s college basketball game. Georgia St @ Kennesaw St. KSU won.

I am watching Mickey’s Once Upon A Christmas! I remember watching it as a kid but didn’t remember anything at all. While watching, it’s like ‘oooooh I remember this!’ The Donald one’s my favorite. The other 2 aren’t as good but still ok. The Goofy one I'd have liked to have it be left unclear if Santa exists or not. The Mickey one was good but needed a better ending. I know it's the classic story, but they give each other their gifts, then it just ends.
I give this a 4/5. If you like Mickey & friends, watch it!

All-Star Superman
This feels like a comic book, in that you can tell where issues begin & end. It is episodic in feel. It makes it seem like the story’s wandering, in that characters & events happen, only for it to not matter a few minutes later. But that’s not entirely bad. I don’t have much more to say other than it’s a Superman movie & I like Superman. I recommend this only if you’re pretty familiar w/ Superman or the DC lore in general b/c there’s a lot of references. I give this a 4/5

Last edited:
Upvote 0

peaceful-forest

Nov 5, 2022
-
✟63,583.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I am watching Mickey’s Once Upon A Christmas! I remember watching it as a kid but didn’t remember anything at all. While watching, it’s like ‘oooooh I remember this!’ The Donald one’s my favorite. The other 2 aren’t as good but still ok. The Goofy one I'd have liked to have it be left unclear if Santa exists or not. The Mickey one was good but needed a better ending. I know it's the classic story, but they give each other their gifts, then it just ends.
I give this a 4/5. If you like Mickey & friends, watch it!
I remember that! The scene I remember is the three nephews belching. :tearsofjoy:

Upvote 0