ON
✟32,481.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi CF members, so this is a thread where everyone can talk about what you're thinking about/what's on your mind (negative/neutral/or positive) - please keep it clean, following the rules, thanks.

Well, I'm thinking about the Christmas season and if I'm going to be able to go out on Christmas Eve and if some things are going to be open. Even if it's just going for a walk that would be nice.

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,159,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Was looking over the news headlines and see that Covid deaths in the U.S. are now rising rapidly, hospitals overwhelmed in some places. While masks can be expected to protect me and my family from the virus, I know some will face their maker sooner than they imagined.

Believers that trust in Christ, confess their sins, and keep his words have peace in the Lord. Hallelujah.

Here's a song about that --
Revelation 19:1 After this I heard a sound like the roar of a great multitude in heaven, shouting: "Hallelujah! Salvation and glory and power belong to our God!

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,159,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
People praising God from around the world -- Psalm 150, dance, singing, lutes, cymbals, and more. This came to mind:

1 Praise the Lord.

Praise God in his sanctuary;
praise him in his mighty heavens.

2 Praise him for his acts of power;
praise him for his surpassing greatness.

3 Praise him with the sounding of the trumpet,
praise him with the harp and lyre,
4 praise him with timbrel and dancing,
praise him with the strings and pipe,
5 praise him with the clash of cymbals,
praise him with resounding cymbals.

6 Let everything that has breath praise the Lord.

Praise the Lord!

Psalm 150 NIV

Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Half-ready for Anything.....
Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hi CF members, so this is a thread where everyone can talk about what you're thinking about/what's on your mind (negative/neutral/or positive) - please keep it clean, following the rules, thanks.

Well, I'm thinking about the Christmas season and if I'm going to be able to go out on Christmas Eve and if some things are going to be open. Even if it's just going for a walk that would be nice.

I am thinking about how everyone lets their guard down at Christmas time and are so naive to think that after 2000 years, Satan is just going to kick back and let us have a happy wholesome holiday without throwing some stumbling blocks in our way. Satan does not love you on Christmas! If your Christmas goes smooth, and it is a beautiful holiday without anything dangerous happening, then maybe the holiday itself is the stumbling block?? Just a thought to ponder. Of course do what you want but just think about that. Jesus wasn't born on Dec. 25th, and Santa has hijacked the holiday so what exactly is being celebrated and how?

• Haha
Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0
Aug 1, 2010
✟55,547.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am thinking about how everyone lets their guard down at Christmas time and are so naive to think that after 2000 years, Satan is just going to kick back and let us have a happy wholesome holiday without throwing some stumbling blocks in our way. Satan does not love you on Christmas! If your Christmas goes smooth, and it is a beautiful holiday without anything dangerous happening, then maybe the holiday itself is the stumbling block?? Just a thought to ponder. Of course do what you want but just think about that. Jesus wasn't born on Dec. 25th, and Santa has hijacked the holiday so what exactly is being celebrated and how?
I do agree but i think if families take advantage of the day off to gather and celebrate God thats still a good thing. However our relationship with God does have to be an everyday thing and its best we gather every chance we get to honor the Lord

It does bother me though. I noticed one channel is doing a 25 days of Christmas movie showing. I forget which channel it is, i think it used to be called the family channel or something like that

Anyways, its unlikely that any of the movies they show will honor Christ. Even my favorite childhood movies...Home Alone 1 and 2 dont mention Jesus. They condition society to take Christ out of Christmas and normalize the pagan traditions. I also agree with your point that its not even the real birthday of Jesus

The best thing we can do is honor the Lord everyday

Upvote 0
Aug 1, 2010
✟55,547.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I should also contribute to this thread. What am I thinking about? Im thankful that the Lord is healing me and for the first time in many years i feel healthy. My anxiety is going away and my appetite for food is growing. I have been able to stay away from things that have kept me in bondage, all credit to God. None of this would be possible without him. I also have an interview to be a taxi driver next Tuesday. My current and previous driving jobs have involved using my own car which can be expensive when it comes to repairs

Im also thinking i should call it quits for the night and get to bed. May the Lord bless all of you with peace and joy!

:praying:

Just one more quick thing im thinking...maybe i should change my avatar. Although I have always been a Knicks fan they are not a good team :pileofpoop:

Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I do agree but i think if families take advantage of the day off to gather and celebrate God thats still a good thing. However our relationship with God does have to be an everyday thing and its best we gather every chance we get to honor the Lord

It does bother me though. I noticed one channel is doing a 25 days of Christmas movie showing. I forget which channel it is, i think it used to be called the family channel or something like that

Anyways, its unlikely that any of the movies they show will honor Christ. Even my favorite childhood movies...Home Alone 1 and 2 dont mention Jesus. They condition society to take Christ out of Christmas and normalize the pagan traditions. I also agree with your point that its not even the real birthday of Jesus

The best thing we can do is honor the Lord everyday

Thank you for acknowledging that you see it too. We don't even pronounce it right! Since when do we Him Jesus Chris? So why does is sound like Criss- Miss? Its supposed to be Christ Mass as in church, but whatever.

Upvote 0

thelord's_pearl

Dec 5, 2018
ON
✟32,481.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I hardly go out and I'm allowed to go out with at least 1 person if we're in the same household especially on a holiday that is Jesus' real birthday to celebrate, isn't it? Even if it's not a holiday it's healthy to go out for a walk with a mask on and your gloves and your sanitizer once a day or once per week. I will also be giving nice e-mail/text messages to people.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I hardly go out and I'm allowed to go out w/ at least 1 person if we're in the same household especially on a holiday that is Jesus' real birthday to celebrate, isn't it? Even if it's not a holiday it's healthy to go out for a walk with a mask on and your gloves and your sanitizer once a day or once per week. I will also be giving nice e-mail/text messages to people.
December 25th is not Jesus real birthday and you described Halloween! You are wearing a mask? Who are you going as? I will wear a Nixon mask!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

thelord's_pearl

Dec 5, 2018
ON
✟32,481.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
December 25th is not Jesus real birthday and you described Halloween! You are wearing a mask? Who are you going as? I will wear a Nixon mask!
Yes it is a terrible time, but my opinion still stands and you can have yours. Everyone I know knows of Jesus' birthday as real on December 25, where is your information coming from?

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes it is a terrible time, but my opinion still stands and you can have yours. Everyone I know knows of Jesus' birthday as real on December 25, where is your information coming from?
Show me in the Bible where it says Jesus was born on December 25th. When you can't find it ask yourself where your information is coming from.

Upvote 0

thelord's_pearl

Dec 5, 2018
ON
✟32,481.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Show me in the Bible where it says Jesus was born on December 25th. When you can't find it ask yourself where your information is coming from.
lol, can someone help? how come everyone knows Jesus' real birthday is December 25? Thanks a lot!

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
lol, can someone help? how come everyone knows Jesus' real birthday is December 25? Thanks a lot!
See here- Biblical Evidence Shows Jesus Christ Wasn't Born on Dec. 25

And here-https://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/daily/people-cultures-in-the-bible/jesus-historical-jesus/how-december-25-became-christmas/

And here-https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.history.com/.amp/news/why-is-christmas-celebrated-on-december-25

The Bible does not tell us when Jesus birthday is. This is why it is dangerous for us to celebrate it. When you go into a store at Christmastime what decorations do you see? Is it all pictures of Jesus and wise men? No not hardly. On Jesus actual birthday would we lie to our kids about someone bringing them gifts? Probably not since lying is a sin and Santa is a false idol worshipped by children. Use your head- think about it. They say that its Jesus birthday and kids hear about Santa. Then they find out Santa isn't real and assume Jesus isn't either. We should be celebrating the Resurrection or the Ascension but not the birth. Educate yourself.

Upvote 0