Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hmmm... I guess I'm thankful my father is still alive. At least it's another Thanksgiving I can spend with him.

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Thankful for friends and loved ones. Work I adore. Peace and joy in the midst of world events.

Dinner and a movie. I’m cooking.

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
-​

I am thankful for, after Adam brought sin upon mankind (and women) causing all human's to be born alienated from Eternal Life that is God. That God's plan He initiated, only required a person to trust, believe, have faith in The Messiah to receive God's free gift of Eternal Life.

Also for people liking the art i have made over the years, enough to purchase the paintings i have painted.

Last edited:

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟838,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Dinner and a movie. I’m cooking.
Run Away GIF

Last edited:

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟838,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Plot twist: that was last Thanksgiving at your house.

It happened when I was younger. I caught on fire while making fries. I was wearing my uniform. The shirt was ablaze and I snatched it off. I ended up with a nasty burn on my arm. Crispy like an overcooked turkey. A hot mess.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Lost Witness

Ezekiel 3:3 ("Change")
Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟97,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm thankful to the LORD for considering me at the foundations of the earth...and LORD willing, shall we live. I plan on eating some pumpkin pie :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟838,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm still in the puree stage after surgery, so my meal will be softer foods like mashed tators and gravy, maybe sweet potato, etc. By Christmas, I should be able to eat more normal foods.

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟125,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm still in the puree stage after surgery, so my meal will be softer foods like mashed tators and gravy, maybe sweet potato, etc. By Christmas, I should be able to eat more normal foods.

I wonder if you could create a blueberry cheesecake smoothie for dessert? Or maybe mashed cauliflower and cheese. I've made a raw version of a vegan nacho dip that was made from blended cashews. Of course the cashews have to be soaked overnight, but the dip itself was really good and could be eaten without any solid food by itself. Plant-based cookbooks can sometimes have good ideas and sometimes you can find holiday ones at the library. If your savoring meat I would think a broth might help with that I don't think there's too many pureed forms. Except for the gravy. Prayers for you as I know that it's probably a difficult time.

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟838,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
While I will miss out on turkey/ham (whatever my sister is making this year), it will be okay. I can have some dark meat if it's put in a blender and moistened up, but blender meat sounds gross lol. I'm thinking maybe egg salad for lunch and just mashed veggies for dinner.

The list is quite short on what I can eat. Most of my calories come from Ensure Max Protein shakes.

peaceful-forest

Nov 5, 2022
-
✟66,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

What are you thankful for and..​

What are your plans for Thanksgiving? Even if you are spending it by yourself I'd love to hear.

I'm thankful for God. He has dramatically changed my life.

My plans for Thanksgiving - go over to my brother's house. That's what we have been doing for several years.

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟777,445.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I'm not familiar with Thanksgiving where I live, but I hope all of our fabulous friends on CF have a happy thanksgiving day.
Even though it's been a tough year, there is still plenty to be thankful for.

TheRealAriel

Peach
Mar 27, 2011
✟96,552.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Thankful for my son, my family and friends, my school, my church, my home.. so much to be thankful for!

Skipping the thanksgiving food this year. Going to have my dad's "fiesta lime chicken" made with tofu instead. Will probably spend the day doing sewing projects... I have two big ones in mind!

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
What are your plans for Thanksgiving? Even if you are spending it by yourself I'd love to hear.
Well i was going to reply to your comment but it said i had to many letters/words. So i will post my reply here to your comment on my post.
_____
Thank you, yes i have been fortunate in that i have been able to have a small level of success with art. Especially after getting a late start (29,30 for painting and drawing) even though i majored in graphic design in college that was not my true area of interest in art. Painting,drawing was, i just took a while to mature and have discipline to bring about growth.

Truthfully i have many many x 100's of thankful areas in my life from past to present.

Reactions: sampa

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟125,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well i was going to reply to your comment but it said i had to many letters/words. So i will post my reply here to your comment on my post.
Same thing happened to me. But it is nice to have that option so a thread doesn't get as lost with comments. I think of the comment box like Twitter.
Truthfully i have many many x 100's of thankful areas in my life from past to present.
It's great that you were able to start something up later in life and it's been a blessing. You can be an example to others here on this forum. I'm so glad that you found many things to be thankful for. We just have to open our eyes and ears and see the many blessings. Even when times are hard.:hug::amen:

• Friendly
Reactions: d taylor
Upvote 0