Florida Panhandle
✟739,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I'm not currently reading this as it's a pre-order, but I wanted to throw it out there so folks here had an opportunity to buy one if they'd like as I believe there's a limited number of them made of 2,000.

The Anthologion Published by Saint Ignatius Orthodox Press

More on topic I'm finishing up Acts, along with the Gerontikon, and I have the Athonite Gerontikon coming from Greece. I'm very much looking forward to receiving that one as it's becoming rarer to find a copy of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,295,375.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I'm not currently reading this as it's a pre-order, but I wanted to throw it out there so folks here had an opportunity to buy one if they'd like as I believe there's a limited number of them made of 2,000.

The Anthologion Published by Saint Ignatius Orthodox Press

More on topic I'm finishing up Acts, along with the Gerontikon, and I have the Athonite Gerontikon coming from Greece. I'm very much looking forward to receiving that one as it's becoming rarer to find a copy of it.

I'm eagerly awaiting my copy :) My Godpapa and I put money into this when it was first announced so we are getting 3 copies - 1 for each of us and the third is for a friend of his. My Latvian pal has ordered one now .

GodPapa and I have copies of their Apostol . Our Anthologions arrived in the UK last week - tracking info was useless :(

Upvote 0

Phronema

Orthodox Christian
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2016
Florida Panhandle
✟739,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I'm eagerly awaiting my copy :) My Godpapa and I put money into this when it was first announced so we are getting 3 copies - 1 for each of us and the third is for a friend of his. My Latvian pal has ordered one now .

GodPapa and I have copies of their Apostol . Our Anthologions arrived in the UK last week - tracking info was useless :(

Very cool! I saw it, and I thought it was easily worth what they were asking at 1024 pages. I'm glad to hear that the book is being published. If I'm not mistaken it wouldn't have happened without the funding beforehand so it's awesome to hear that it's working out. Glory to God!

Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,295,375.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
To show how bad the tracking info is - according to it our copies are still in the USA and have not yet got to O'Hare Airport for shipping to the UK :D

God Papa says you need a big pocket for it :D - it's advertised as being pocket sized :D

I won't see mine till the end of September when my GodPapa comes up to stay with me for a few days

Reactions: Phronema
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Phronema

Orthodox Christian
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2016
Florida Panhandle
✟739,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
To show how bad the tracking info is - according to it our copies are still in the USA and have not yet got to O'Hare Airport for shipping to the UK :D

God Papa says you need a big pocket for it :D - it's advertised as being pocket sized :D

I won't see mine till the end of September when my GodPapa comes up to stay with me for a few days

Despite the poor tracking I'm glad it arrived safely. I'll be curious to hear what you think of it once you get it! :)

Reactions: Anhelyna
Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,295,375.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
oh I'm really looking forward to the arrival [ as is my big Latvian pal ]

There's more in it than I need but there are times when I could do with doing more than I do at present. Since we had already planned that GodPapa was coming up to see me in September and his work hours are not good for getting to Post Offices , we decided he would just hand deliver my copy :)

Reactions: Phronema
Upvote 0

Mary of Bethany

Only one thing is needful.
Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2004
✟341,456.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Just started Arise O God by Andrew Stephen Damick last night. It seems really good from a catechumen perspective.

I’m awaiting my copy. It was supposed to be here Monday, but I think I’ll have it tomorrow.

Reactions: Melily
Upvote 0

Melily

Feb 3, 2021
Noblesville
✟33,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I’m awaiting my copy. It was supposed to be here Monday, but I think I’ll have it tomorrow.
I really enjoyed it! I finished it in one day though. It was one of those books that I didn’t want to end.

Upvote 0

Melily

Feb 3, 2021
Noblesville
✟33,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I really enjoyed it! I finished it in one day though. It was one of those books that I didn’t want to end.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟837,587.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Christianity and Classical Culture: The Metamorphosis of Natural Theology in the Christian Encounter with Hellenism by Jaroslav Pelikan

It is from his Gifford Lectures on Natural Theology 1992-1993. It's a fascinating and sympathetic read of the Cappadocians Fathers.

Upvote 0

Clintpauljohnson

Sep 10, 2017
windsor
✟29,989.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I picked up a copy of My Life in Christ this week. I’m enjoying it immensely. If you don’t know it’s segments of the teaching and wisdom of St. John of Kronstadt.

What are you reading right now

Beside Still Waters: Words of Comfort for the Soul
Edited By: Roy H. Clarke
By: Charles H. Spurgeon

Upvote 0

Melily

Feb 3, 2021
Noblesville
✟33,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
4E9A4AB4-6DA9-415A-ADB8-2C905AFC5AE2.jpeg
I found this one at my church library this week.

Upvote 0