LivinIt

Aug 12, 2005
Minnesota
✟7,818.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I guess...for me personally I would say that I am living for my future children. I mean, I have a lot of ambitions, and a lot of passion for relationships, and I know that God is going to use those, through writing and through my future counseling practice, to make a difference in the word, in people's lives. But I also know that my primary purpose in life is to be a full-time, stay at home mother. It's all in the future, and truely, a lot of the time it feels like college is a waste because of my purpose as a mother, but I know that I'll need something to do after my children are grown, and that's where the schooling comes in.

In general, I'd say that people should live for God...yes...but I prefer to word it like, people should live to find and fulfill God's purpose in thier life. It can be hard to find that purpose, but until you do, then just be the best that you can be for where you are. If you're in college, then do your best in class. If you're on the job, do your job well. Live like Christ, be a light unto the world, love one another, and bring the gospel to the nations. Living for God can be as simple as asking a question when you're unsure of what to do when your on the job, studying for the next big exam, or showing up fifteen minutes for work everyday.

Upvote 0

Seeker of the Truth

Walking is harding than Talking.
Aug 20, 2006
Georgia
✟10,243.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Yes, we are here to please God.
But before that happens, first we should know what to do to please him; and second, we should try to understan why these things are pleasing in his sight. Do you agree?

Yeah.
I agree with you also.

Upvote 0

Boss_BlueAngels

Life is better when you're flying upside down.
Jul 19, 2005
Seattle
Visit site
✟14,326.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What am I living for?

One simple phrase that has been my personal motto since I started flying airplanes when I was thirteen and have recently adopted as the slogan for my aviation photography business:

Fight to fly. Fly to live. Live to worship.

That says it all right there. I was in love with airplanes long before I started flying them and the passion grows more and more each day. If it's true what they say, "Home is where the heart is" I can easily say my heart has never stepped foot on solid ground.

To me there is nothing more inspiring than the magic of flight, to soar like birds and defy gravity and all common logic.

I all I want is for my life to somehow inspire others to work hard and do their best as so many others have done for me. Whether it be through my photography or flying. I want people to see me and think, "wow, if he could do it, I could do it too!"

So there you have it. That is what I am living for.

Upvote 0

Seeker of the Truth

Aug 20, 2006
Georgia
✟10,243.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
What am I living for?

One simple phrase that has been my personal motto since I started flying airplanes when I was thirteen and have recently adopted as the slogan for my aviation photography business:

Fight to fly. Fly to live. Live to worship.

That says it all right there. I was in love with airplanes long before I started flying them and the passion grows more and more each day. If it's true what they say, "Home is where the heart is" I can easily say my heart has never stepped foot on solid ground.

To me there is nothing more inspiring than the magic of flight, to soar like birds and defy gravity and all common logic.

I all I want is for my life to somehow inspire others to work hard and do their best as so many others have done for me. Whether it be through my photography or flying. I want people to see me and think, "wow, if he could do it, I could do it too!"

So there you have it. That is what I am living for.
That's so awesome, really!

I wish I had something definite to pursue with passion.

Maybe God hasn't revealed it yet...

Upvote 0

BlueJ

Dec 27, 2005
Bronx, New York
✟8,144.00
Faith
Christian
I'm living for God. I have this deep feeling that God has my life plan out. I do know for a fact that I'm living to grow both spiritually and socially. God has brought people in my life for a reason and I had many chances to tell people about God. So I guess I'm living to help others as well as my self. Like I always tell people , we are living to graduate to heaven and I hope we get accepted.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Seeker of the Truth

Aug 20, 2006
Georgia
✟10,243.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I guess many youth may have this problem: what to pursue?
How to figure out? Wise brothers and sisters, show up and offer some advices.
Yes, please... I'm actually getting pretty depressed because everything just seems so "out-of-whack."

Upvote 0

johnny181

Feb 28, 2007
✟7,628.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've learned very quickly that a lot of my personal goals and thoughts on what my life should be may be quite disconnected from what God has.

So, what do I live for then? I live for the idea that eventually the two will collide. I live for the idea that eventually the confusion of the college stage of life will simplify a bit, and I'll be able to see (even if only partially) what God has for me.

Upvote 0

Seeker of the Truth

Aug 20, 2006
Georgia
✟10,243.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I've learned very quickly that a lot of my personal goals and thoughts on what my life should be may be quite disconnected from what God has.

So, what do I live for then? I live for the idea that eventually the two will collide. I live for the idea that eventually the confusion of the college stage of life will simplify a bit, and I'll be able to see (even if only partially) what God has for me.
That's cool, I can see that.

Upvote 0

lenac03

Feb 13, 2007
Colorado
✟15,341.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
That's something I've been struggling to figure out for a few years in college - what am I living for? I put my relationship with God out of my mind for a few years and lately I've felt the need to go back, to rekindle the relationship I once had. So, I guess, now, I'm trying to live for something...before I was just going through the motions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

andross77

Sep 12, 2006
✟17,696.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So many excellent posts here. I'm really surprised at the maturity of these responses.

"Live for God" is the proper and most succinct summation of a true Christian's attitude on life. But we can "flesh it out" in so many ways including photography, administration, flying planes, playing sports, teaching ESL classes, being a mechanic, selling insurance (i know some people will disagree with me here :D ), raising a family, and more.

I suggest you read the book "Heaven" by Randy Alcorn if you have the time. It will put things in much better perspective. It is improper and a deception to think of "living for God" as dry and uninspired. It is a tool of the devil to think that "serving a being i will never see" strips you of your humanity or the power you are endowed with.

After you read the book "Heaven"....actually, more importantly, after you read Scripture...you will understand that everything we do on earth matters b/c it either adds to or takes away from our eternal experience. When we "do a good deed" or use our talents for Christ, we are "storing up treasures in heaven" that will never, ever, ever, ever be depleted. We will enjoy them forever.

When we do evil, or sit around and mope, or do selfish things that don't benefit others, or do not do good when we know we should, we are creating "straw structures" that will be completely destroyed at the Judgement. We will be saved (if we have faith in Christ), but only as one escaping from the fire naked.

This should motivate us. We are not serving Christ for no purpose. We are serving Christ b/c he loved us first but ALSO b/c we want treasure in heaven. (i really can't debate here what "treasure in heaven" means, but i can on another thread if you would like :D ).

Our motivation as Christians should be that every single breath we draw, every single step we take, every single word we say, is being recorded and archived as it happens. And these will all be replayed and evaluated in our presence by GOD HIMSELF.

The funny thing is, even though a trademark of a Christian (as opposed to a humanist or a hedonist) is that they are "forward-thinking" and understand current tribulations to be small in comparison with eternal life with God, the main hallmark of a disciple of Jesus should be that of someone completely consumed with "the NOW". Meaning that, we are told not to be anxious or worry about the future by Jesus. We also know that Satan is the Accuser (of our past). Once Jesus forgives, he forgives. So, he wants us to focus on the NOW so that we can accomplish much for his Kingdom. For once the Judgement happens, the Salvific process will be complete and there will be no more chance to "live by faith" since we will be walking and talking with the Object of our faith on Earth.

Wow, i just ramble...sorry about that. Anyways, i like your question. I asked it before BECAUSE I was unsatisfied with the "sunday school answer" of "i live for God" or "I love Jesus b/c he first loved me" (DUH! I CAN READ A BIBLE THANKS!). But that was just part of my "growing pains". Christianity is wonderfully complex. No one is more complex than Christ, the Creator. Nothing is more complex than our relationship with the Savior. I love it. I love Jesus. I love the life he has given us. I am so thankful. :prayer:
</IMG></IMG></IMG>

Upvote 0