• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

what are you feeling right now? (3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CreekSide

Dec 2, 2010
Arizona
✟7,644.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Flower,
I was thinking gas pain too. I had bad pain the other night and drank Fennel seed tea, don't know if you have that on hand, but it did help me (do I have to include a disclaimer like "I'm no expert."?).

Just to make sure it's nothing more serious you could look at one of the health sites where you can put in your symptoms (I don't think I'm allowed to name any sites, right?).

You're in my prayers for relief. :prayer:
CreekSide

Upvote 0

Broken Hearted

Who Cares
Sep 8, 2010
✟9,430.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Tired and wore out. Today work was very stressful. And not getting but a couple hrs of sleep today didnt help but it came with a true blessing today for me. I have a dog my baby roxy and at six this morning she had 4 puppies. I was so worried for her with carrying and having them but God blessed me and her keeping her safe. And I so happy I didnt get to miss it and I got to help deliver them this morning. So yeah im extremely tired from not sleeping but it also came with the best blessing ever.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Tired and wore out. Today work was very stressful. And not getting but a couple hrs of sleep today didnt help but it came with a true blessing today for me. I have a dog my baby roxy and at six this morning she had 4 puppies. I was so worried for her with carrying and having them but God blessed me and her keeping her safe. And I so happy I didnt get to miss it and I got to help deliver them this morning. So yeah im extremely tired from not sleeping but it also came with the best blessing ever.

That is greatest news sister.

We got a B.i.t.ch called Roxy as well but spell her Rockie for some reason or other - possibly my Dutch heritage.

The brown one

Attachments

• dogs.JPG
    dogs.JPG
    364.8 KB · Views: 71
Upvote 0

hope_is_last_to_die

what, where, who, when, whatever????
Dec 15, 2009
Emerald Isle!
✟13,767.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for the welcome, Criada. Very blessed to be here!

Congrats, BrokenHearted! My dog had puppies when I was younger, some of my greatest memories! Happy for you and Mamma dog and look forward to the fotos!:hug:

Hi CreekSide :wave: a BIG welcome to CF!!

God bless you!!!

:groupray:

Upvote 0

hope_is_last_to_die

what, where, who, when, whatever????
Dec 15, 2009
Emerald Isle!
✟13,767.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

(((((Broken Hearted))))) Wow!! 4 puppies :clap:

God bless you precious sister!! :hug:

Upvote 0

aflower4God

observant petal
Jan 3, 2007
✟16,330.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
:wave: thank you all for your kind suggestions and advice, THANK GOD from your prayers it did go away finially. :clap:
I hope that everyone here is doing well and KNOW that I am praying for all of you. REMEMBER God is holding your hands He is ALWAYS THERE. :) GOD BLESS YOU ALL. Lots of love to you all (((((((((BIG HUGS)))))))))

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

aflower4God

observant petal
Jan 3, 2007
✟16,330.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
:prayer: Lord, forgive me I ate too much sugar AGAIN, and now it is really taken a toll on my body, I feel so dizzy and lightheaded JESUS I AM SORRY that I have harmed the temple of the Spirit (my body). PLEASE HELP THIS FEELING To go away and help me with my addiction to sugar, I AM SO SORRY Jesus PLEASE KNOW THAT!!! You have "bailed" me out of this situation so many times before PLEASE HELP ME JESUS PLEASE, I am sorry.
In your loving name I pray,
Amen :prayer:

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:prayer: Lord, forgive me I ate too much sugar AGAIN, and now it is really taken a toll on my body, I feel so dizzy and lightheaded JESUS I AM SORRY that I have harmed the temple of the Spirit (my body). PLEASE HELP THIS FEELING To go away and help me with my addiction to sugar, I AM SO SORRY Jesus PLEASE KNOW THAT!!! You have "bailed" me out of this situation so many times before PLEASE HELP ME JESUS PLEASE, I am sorry.
In your loving name I pray,
Amen :prayer:

Hi Flower it seems like you got problems with your conscience more than with the sugar dear. Please do not heed the accuser's perspective of the situation for then you will never break free from his grasp.

Flower please understand that Satan through the tempter tempts us to do something we know isn't right and then as the Dragon he will accuse us of wrong afterwards - a clever spirit that liar surely is. I found that if we follow Satan like that we do not get forgiveness not liberation of wrong - a true abomination to be.

Firstly understand the situation - your addiction to sugar is just as understandable as someone's else's addiction to coffee, tea, weed, drink, opium, amphetamines or whatever stimulant or narcotic - even sex works very good like this - helps to fight the constant lack of energy and or mental/physical pain.

It is a fact that sugar gives the user a kick and acts therefore much like a stimulant, plus it satisfies the sweet tooth and therefore also brings satisfaction - two main ingredients we depressed people suffer a lot of shortage from - so no wonder you like using it - and I doubt very much if God would think that this would be a sin as such.

Too much sugar, like all things too much is not good, though not only because it makes us physically feel sick, but also because too much sugar turns to fat and makes us fat, plus it is also bad for our teeth.

To stop using sugar however without getting some replacement for the good it brought you would be silly though.

So instead of despairing your need for sugar - try alternatives which are not fatting as such, but still provides you with energy and satisfaction - it will be so much easier to give up the sugar after you done that.

Did you know that honey is not near as bad for you as sugar is and that it gives more good energy than sugar and is also good for your gut?

Also do you like tea or coffee both are excellent energy boosters - coffee works better than tea but tea is better for you than coffee - so when sugar cravings are upon you try a cup of tea sweetened with honey and see how this works for you for example.

I myself have lots of things I use to get through my hard times. The more depressed I am the more I seek good things to lift me higher than I have fallen. I do not believe such is bad, but that God gives us the goodness of this earth to use and I certainly praise Him for it.

I believe that praising God for giving us sugar and all good things, will benefit you better than being sorry you are weak and use too much of it.

Please think about this Flower - our lives are miserable enough as it is surely we don't have to berate our weakness using God's Good Creation on top of it?

To not love or forgive ourselves or own weaknesses and wrongs is much worse sin - I know that for sure.

Much love your way dear.:hug:

Reactions: power2theweak
Upvote 0

CreekSide

Dec 2, 2010
Arizona
✟7,644.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I love what Jeshu shared with you, Flower. What a great perspective and such a good reminder for all of us!! To give ourselves GRACE. This is something God is working in me right now. He's teaching me to show myself and others GRACE rather than been such a judger/rule keeper.

Isn't amazing that God loves us just the same when we blow it? Unconditional love that is hard for us to comprehend. He has compassion and wants to help us. (Of course, repentance has it's crucial role, but let's not prolong it and grovel in it. I imagine Jesus saying, "Ok, you recognized your mistake, now let's move on, dear daughter/son":hug:)

I also loved Jeshu's tea and honey suggestion. One of my yummy comfort drinks is to have various flavored hot teas throughout the day with milk and honey. You could try different flavors--there are some yummy, desserty ones out there. :yum:

Big hugs to you, my sister.
Creekside

Reactions: power2theweak
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
.... To give ourselves GRACE. This is something God is working in me right now. He's teaching me to show myself and others GRACE rather than been such a judger/rule keeper.

Isn't amazing that God loves us just the same when we blow it? Unconditional love that is hard for us to comprehend. He has compassion and wants to help us. (Of course, repentance has it's crucial role, but let's not prolong it and grovel in it. I imagine Jesus saying, "Ok, you recognized your mistake, now let's move on, dear daughter/son":hug:)

All praise to Jesus for saving us and All glory to God The Father for sending us The Son.:clap::clap::clap:

You know sister I have more Good News to share about that. The Bible has an incredible promise for sinners who dare to accept God's grace and come to Him for cleansing.

Jesus does an awesome job - He baptises us with Fire - Heavenly Fire - His unspeakable Goodness and love for us, in us and over us!!!:amen::amen::amen:

You know what He did for me?

As I learned to 'eat' His Flesh - His Word of Truth into me - and drink His Blood - His love for me into me - lets say with regard to a particular sin - my freedom to be began straight away. The amazing part is that God's wrath and curse fell of me though I still often fell and sinned.

But you know what? Over time an incredible separation began in that part of me - for as Jesus saved me from my sin - He set me free to do as I liked, He killed the sinful spirituality that had ruled me there in me. (Is 61, Matt 25 or Rev 19 describe this process nicely.)

For the unclean spirituality that robbed my Good Life all the time and made me sin in that part of my life - say selfishness and greed, for example, would die - while me the one stuck with such sin was freed to enjoy life without them - Jesus is truly awesome and unspeakable gracious to those who have transgressed God's Love Commandment and hate being a sinner and love to be a righteous person instead.

This is how I met Jesus - right in my heart - as He told me The Truth of God's love in the Spirit of love for God, myself and my neighbour. So I knew for sure it was Him!:thumbsup:

I cannot begin to explain how good He is and how much He loves us. Jesus is the most awesome King I have ever met - and normally I hate kings - but I love Him ruling me -:amen::hug::thumbsup: - let me assure you!

I wanted to share a poem about one of such meetings with our King.

Enjoy

Meeting Jesus.

Inability to change forces me to look Jesus in the eye.
The blushing shame from my own nakedness creeps.
Lucky I know the accuser is merely the father of the lie.
Yet now a harvest this fallen angel reaps.
Come see the weeds inside my heart to be burnt!

"Can you remember times of wanton greed?"
Awakened, I hear my faithful Saviour speak
"When you hated from My love to feed?"
In His kind words the fire of His mercy peaks,
I watch my greed tumble out of my psyche.

A fiery ending is the best way to illustrate,
the fate my inner greed meets on his tailspin out.
Utterly rejected and in a most miserable state.
Clear knowledge what his punishment is about,
This past ruler is stripped of his powers.

"Those times you in selfishness did feed?"
The perspicacity of His view zeroes in.
His voice gentle, sounding so sweet.
Yet I watch my biggest I crumble within.
Tumbling down the tunnel without ending.

"But my beloved child why did you follow?"
His urgent words bring me back from sure calamity.
"How much narcissistic thinking did you swallow?
Come, just let it flow out of your personality,
take on a humble vision of self like me."

Gratefully I take His gift offered to me.
A humble heart inside my chest to throb.
Truly from greedy selfishness free to be.
My dear Heavenly Friend please never stop,
fill my every sense of being with Yourself.

Never did I deserve this.
Your goodness in my heart to meet.
I have done so much amiss.
Yet in loving care You still greet.
Oh how I long forever in You to be.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

power2theweak

Senior Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
✟12,533.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am still visiting churches since my move. Yesterday, I visited yet another new one. I heard a message about "Being Christmas." That message really changed my perspective on Christmas. I left knowing that:

God is an amazing giver. Everything I have is a gift from Him. I should be very grateful for what He decides to share with me.

God really knows me, and He decides to share things with me that would benefit me the most...things that cause me to grow and enrich my life...things that encourage me...things that bring me enjoyment. God knew that I needed a very patient, loving, kind, and nurturing parent...so, He blessed me with an amazing mother who fit that bill. He knows how much enjoyment I get from cats, and He has blessed me by letting me have many cats over the years. He knows how important it is for me to have a safe, quiet place to call home, so He led me to this wonderful apartment. God knows how much I need to be around children...I get so much energy and joy from being around them...and He has allowed me to work with them for many years now. He knew I needed a savior, so He sent His one and only Son...the only one who could help.

I have been selfish...I have expectations about Christmas that are out of whack. When did the celebration of receiving the most precious gift turn into a holiday about me getting/having everything just the way I want it? In the past, that has been about gifts...but, lately, it is about wishing my mama were here...and wondering how Christmas will be without her. Not that I shouldn't miss her. But, I can't let it ruin the holiday. I need to look back and be thankful for what (who) was given. Everything else is just icing on the cake...not a requirement to have a nice holiday.

Thanks for listening to me ramble. This just gave me hope. I know that I will have a good Christmas as long as I have the right expectations.

Reactions: Jeshu
Upvote 0

Winter

Jesus, let it be ok
Jan 18, 2009
New England
✟25,253.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
That's a beautiful post Power. Christmas is hope. Jesus the light of our dark world. In many ways depression is like the dark cold winter of our souls. We wait for His presence - His coming and enlightenment into our dark depression. He is the light we wait for. :groupray:

O Come O Come Emmanuel!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.