• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

what are you feeling right now? (24)

chaoticfirefly

reform jew
May 20, 2011
Visit site
✟109,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Congratulations. New life in the family! That is great! The best thing of new life is the new love that comes along with them. It is great to love kids and be loved by them, kids are so much safer to be with than adults I reckon. Rejoicing in life along with you.

Thank you! I'm excited! I'm gonna spoil the kid. And be the cool aunty.
Those folks in gyms are just as people are who are working out. Just try not to injure yourself. I was working out in my early twenties and this young woman couldn't stop believing I was creeping on her. You're all there for the same reason, even to the point of observable nuance. People can and will be quite supportive. Then again I guess there may be creeps who would take advantage. Don't miss out on a happy situation. Have a work out partner!

Congrats on "auntie-ism!

I've been a gym rat for 3 years and now my wife has joined. No self-respecting fitness business would allow harrassment. I have never seen it at all; doesn't mean it doesn't happen, though.

In my opinion you should just enjoy your time of getting fit and have the satisfaction of knowing you are improving yourself. I find most folks respectful and friendly.

I'm aware but being young, female and looking like I'm 12 always brings creeps around. Too many experiences has left me a little unnerved. From the moment I developed, I'd get older guys harassing me (never mind the fact I LOOKED 12) and even now, when I go out with my friends, I always get, "It'd be like being with a teenager, but legal!" and not backing off and even getting angry/physical.

So I don't trust people because I don't want to find out who will end up being a bad apple. Even if it prevents me from doing things I want to do. Until I can find a companion to come with me, I may not go.

Plus the night tends to bring out the weirdos. Maybe it's different during the day.

Reactions: Jeshu
Upvote 0

chaoticfirefly

reform jew
May 20, 2011
Visit site
✟109,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
A mix between irritated and guilty.

Irritated, because earlier I remembered that a customer called me stupid once a few years ago. People treat me like I'm stupid because I struggle with math, or I'm terrible at giving directions. Like, I'm good with reading people and philosophy and reading/writing/etc and psychology and history and a lot of other things, but suddenly I'm stupid because I can't do two things? People just treat me like I'm air headed, and it kind of digs at my already little self worth. When I was in fifth grade, my teacher would read our overall grades and test grades out loud. It didn't matter if I had all A's in everything else, that one little F or D got me called names from my peers, and treated like I was slow from my teachers.

Like we had to take these placement tests for reading, and I was the only one who got the highest score, I was reading and comprehending college level books. And the library had all their books marked with colored dots to indicate reading levels. So I took a book from my reading level (I forget what it was), and my teacher took it from me, said I wouldn't understand it and give me a picture book. I think I cried for days. Reading was such a passion, and he ruined it for me. It was my only escape too. I had no friends.

Our education system is a complete and utter failure. It needs to be gutted, and modeled after Finland's.

And teachers should be fired for reading their students' grades out loud. And for turning a blind eye to bullying, because these freaks tried to kill my cat. "Kids are cruel." "Boys will be boys!" Yeah kids can be cruel, but they don't act like sociopaths you complete failures of human beings.

Guilty, because I think I traumatized my cat. She normally loves being under the covers, so I started my movie I bought today and threw the covers over me and her. And she panicked and scrambled out from under, and now she's refusing to come near the blanket. I laid out treats for her and everything. Jade is like my cuddle buddy, and I traumatized her, whoops. She'll work her way through it I'm sure. But sorry cat. Didn't think that would happen.

The movie was really good. I hope to be as imaginative and a great writer as Rowling is. 9/10, honestly, I didn't really like the romantic subplot but I don't like romance in general so it knocked off a point. It just came out of nowhere, honestly. Can there be a group of friends where romance doesn't happen? I didn't even believe there was chemistry with any of the characters. But that's just me. I'm picky.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MrNoodle

Would you like a Chum Burger?
Jan 28, 2017
01000101|01100001|01110010|01110100|01101000
✟111,386.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My best friend and a active US military soldier found out that he has stage 4 cancer. So while I am not thankful for him having it, I am thankful that now he knows, and he can do something about it.

Hopefully he will over come it since beyond the limitless reasons that I could list, he does have 2 young children who need their father.

Upvote 0

chaoticfirefly

reform jew
May 20, 2011
Visit site
✟109,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
My best friend and a active US military soldier found out that he has stage 4 cancer. So while I am not thankful for him having it, I am thankful that now he knows, and he can do something about it.

Hopefully he will over come it since beyond the limitless reasons that I could list, he does have 2 young children who need their father.

I'm sorry about your friend. Stage four doesn't always mean terminal, but it is a long, hard, and expensive battle. Cancer is a monster, and I hope they can treat him.

Upvote 0

Press On

Giving up what I am to become what I will be.
May 11, 2013
East TX
✟231,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sounds like a hard days work! We need to recover our driveway. We had shell hauled in probably 15 years ago and here lately when we get a hard rain, it turns into mud.

I use to lift weights every Friday until I started working at a pretty physical job. Since I've been doing this, I've had to stop weight lifting or risk over doing it.
Yeah, sounds like you will soon need to do what I'm doing. Hopefully you can hire somebody with a tractor to do the work, or rent one for a reasonable price.

I like the slag. No dust and breaks down very slowly. Also heavy so the rain doesn't wash it out. I've always had drainage issues. We homesteaded the property 20 years ago and it used to be an old pecan orchard. Started from scratch; put in septic and all utilities. Beautiful piece of land with woods but not a flat spot on it.

A physical job will do just fine keeping you in shape. I'm 64 and feel very blessed that I can still do heavy manual labor in the TX sun. Staying in shape is well worth it. Now....if only my BRAIN would work right!

Last edited:
Reactions: TimAM
Upvote 0

Press On

May 11, 2013
East TX
✟231,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thank you! I'm excited! I'm gonna spoil the kid. And be the cool aunty.

I'm aware but being young, female and looking like I'm 12 always brings creeps around. Too many experiences has left me a little unnerved. From the moment I developed, I'd get older guys harassing me (never mind the fact I LOOKED 12) and even now, when I go out with my friends, I always get, "It'd be like being with a teenager, but legal!" and not backing off and even getting angry/physical.

So I don't trust people because I don't want to find out who will end up being a bad apple. Even if it prevents me from doing things I want to do. Until I can find a companion to come with me, I may not go.

Plus the night tends to bring out the weirdos. Maybe it's different during the day.
Yeah, I usually go twice a day. Do cardio in the AM; about 5 miles on an elliptical trainer. I can't use the treadmill, walk far or run because I've had a hip replacement on one side due to an accident on the job. But elliptical non impact or biking I can do just fine.

In the evening I go in with my wife who works during the day to support her efforts. While she works out I lift moderate weights for half an hour.

I can understand your concerns. I've seen ads on Craigslist with women looking for a workout partner because they don't want to go alone, and it's true I see a lot of younger women in the evenings working out with a friend so you certainly aren't alone in your concern.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Press On

May 11, 2013
East TX
✟231,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Don't want to over do it you say? Sounds like you did that big time bro.

Good on you!

Wish I could get going again but I desperately need to see if I can get bit more sleep, last night was a bit short because I went late to sleep - need at least 2 more hours to catch my minimum allowed. Still 1.5 hours sleep is very poor Ron I hope you catch a little sleep brother working hard needs good sleep otherwise it doesn't work for good.

Love
Slept well, Gerry. Still slightly sore so today will be a short workday. Supposed to get to 85F today so a lot of sports drinks and a wide brimmed hat. Saturday I should be done completely after hauling all the excess slag to a pile at the edge of the woods, one barrow load at a time. But at least it's all downhill!

Sounds like an awesome weekend! Have fun; glad you got more rest.
Love to you, bro!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Press On

May 11, 2013
East TX
✟231,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Prayers for your friend. Thanks for sharing.:hug::pray:

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Get him unto medical greens as quickly as possible my brother it has proven to cure even very late stage cancers.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
6 am the world will soon wake up. The kids are still all asleep, it is going to be noisy soon! I'm feeling tired and rather down. Often I feel so alone and have so few people to share my love for God and neighbour with. So often I feel all stuck - so many people are suffering and I'm just hang around basically playing with my thumbs most of the time.

I hate the devil taking control of peoples lives through society more and more, chaining us to these evil times so we can't escape its fate.

Where is true witness of God's loving truth alive today? Most Churches teach religion and practice control over its subjects at minimum and often exploit and use them to make themselves look great! Love for neighbor alive and well? Then why are there 17 million people starving even now in Somalia? Why are not more people sending aid?

What is it with us rich spoiled Westerners that we can't share God's blessings around? The sad truth is that the just the rich of this world could alleviate poverty and its immense suffering easily in a very short time. Just 10 percent of their fast wealth would feed, cloth, educate and rebuild the whole third world, especially if we add the monies spend on killing and murdering life on this planet along with it. That is how easy we could turn this world into a paradise, but instead the rich and mighty plunder, rape, exploit, steal and bring about more bad life on the heads of those already suffering, just to increase their profits. Though utterly cursed are those who do that!

I hate the fact that I'm powerless to do anything but pray that God bring Jesus to rules down here, however the the Churches vote for the liars ruling this planet and so very seldom for loving truthfully.

This frustrates me without end and I suppose it is not about to improve in a hurry, people are so fast asleep!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MrNoodle

Would you like a Chum Burger?
Jan 28, 2017
01000101|01100001|01110010|01110100|01101000
✟111,386.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Get him unto medical greens as quickly as possible my brother it has proven to cure even very late stage cancers.
I'm sorry I don't know what "medical greens" are. I searched that term and didn't find anything that seemed relevant.
But ultimately the military is handling his medical issues until they discharge him. So hopefully he will still get his retirement since he has close to 20 years served. He was going to do a couple extra years for the next pay level. But I believe this will force him out earlier than planned.

Upvote 0

chaoticfirefly

reform jew
May 20, 2011
Visit site
✟109,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Then why are there 17 million people starving even now in Somalia?

Bad government. Wars. Invasions. Groups of people who can't get along.

BUT there's hope! There's something called #LoveArmyForSomalia, a kickstarter to send food and water to Somalia! It's worth looking into. I believe a Turkish airline agreed to fly out the food and water, and I'm not sure if you can still donate, but here's the GoFundMe. I did recently read they already sent it all out to Somalia, and got it there. It's worth checking out!

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm sorry I don't know what "medical greens" are. I searched that term and didn't find anything that seemed relevant.
But ultimately the military is handling his medical issues until they discharge him. So hopefully he will still get his retirement since he has close to 20 years served. He was going to do a couple extra years for the next pay level. But I believe this will force him out earlier than planned.

Can't send you a pm, can't tell you

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Upvote 0

Press On

May 11, 2013
East TX
✟231,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A mix between irritated and guilty.

Irritated, because earlier I remembered that a customer called me stupid once a few years ago. People treat me like I'm stupid because I struggle with math, or I'm terrible at giving directions. Like, I'm good with reading people and philosophy and reading/writing/etc and psychology and history and a lot of other things, but suddenly I'm stupid because I can't do two things? People just treat me like I'm air headed, and it kind of digs at my already little self worth. When I was in fifth grade, my teacher would read our overall grades and test grades out loud. It didn't matter if I had all A's in everything else, that one little F or D got me called names from my peers, and treated like I was slow from my teachers.

Like we had to take these placement tests for reading, and I was the only one who got the highest score, I was reading and comprehending college level books. And the library had all their books marked with colored dots to indicate reading levels. So I took a book from my reading level (I forget what it was), and my teacher took it from me, said I wouldn't understand it and give me a picture book. I think I cried for days. Reading was such a passion, and he ruined it for me. It was my only escape too. I had no friends.

Our education system is a complete and utter failure. It needs to be gutted, and modeled after Finland's.

And teachers should be fired for reading their students' grades out loud. And for turning a blind eye to bullying, because these freaks tried to kill my cat. "Kids are cruel." "Boys will be boys!" Yeah kids can be cruel, but they don't act like sociopaths you complete failures of human beings.

Guilty, because I think I traumatized my cat. She normally loves being under the covers, so I started my movie I bought today and threw the covers over me and her. And she panicked and scrambled out from under, and now she's refusing to come near the blanket. I laid out treats for her and everything. Jade is like my cuddle buddy, and I traumatized her, whoops. She'll work her way through it I'm sure. But sorry cat. Didn't think that would happen.

The movie was really good. I hope to be as imaginative and a great writer as Rowling is. 9/10, honestly, I didn't really like the romantic subplot but I don't like romance in general so it knocked off a point. It just came out of nowhere, honestly. Can there be a group of friends where romance doesn't happen? I didn't even believe there was chemistry with any of the characters. But that's just me. I'm picky.
Controlling thought life is a major battle but also the key. Many people don't give a second "thought" about their thought life but it has a big role in developing who we are.

Next time this happens, try not to react to it, but rather analyze what's happening and stay calm.

I just thought of this while I was working in the yard yesterday. 27 years ago a woman I worked with called me an idiot. Just an example; we all suffer abuses from others. I could have thought of hundreds of other similar episodes from my life but why that particular one? And why yesterday afternoon?

Firstly, it darkens the mood. Heart rate goes up and blood pressure rises. I think about what I could have said/done in return. Now I'm feeling like it just happened. My mind wanders into fantasy about punching this person out and watching them bleed.

Come back to reality. I begin to no longer be a participant in this craziness. I realize these thoughts, real or exaggerated are nothing but electronic impulses in the brain; they really have no power unless I give them life by reacting to them physiologically.

I now begin to remember Scripture verses, so many, regarding controlling our thoughts and keeping them good, positive and true. There's a reason these admonishments were written and passed down; they're good for us. They help us grow into the men and women we were meant to be.

I think about my compassion, my kindnesses to others, both people and critters; my encouraging words or actions toward others who are emotionally or spiritually bankrupt at the moment; the joy I have in my volunteer work or my music to make people happy. I think about the person who was unkind and out of line, realizing the bad things they say or do come from their own hurts, their own lack of self control and their own evil.

What God says about me is what I need to concentrate on, not what others think.

It's a real battle. A lot of people don't want to bother being accountable to themselves because it's easier not to. It's pride. Words have power; they shape our lives. Prideful people reap what they sow eventually. These thought control exercises get a bit easier as I go along. It's a matter of training the mind to dwell in the here and now, focusing on the good things in myself in others, at the same time seeing my own REAL faults and failings and endeavoring to do better. It's called "growth", my friend! (LOL!....I think I wrote that in another post!)

You have a lot of great qualities and an active, inquisitive mind. You have talents you want to develop to make your life and the lives of others better. You have a love for animals. And, like all of us, you have some weak spots and failings and you are aware of them.

I know, for me, depression can really get in the way and drag me down at times. There are days when I know what I SHOULD do, but can't at the moment. So....I see it as the failing it is, ask for forgiveness and strength to persevere, and move on. It passes, it always does. And it passes more frequently and quickly if I refuse to give these negative thoughts a life of their own.

Sorry, this is long. You struck a nerve with your post, and I understand and sympathize completely.:hug:

Last edited:
Upvote 0