• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

what are you feeling right now? (24)

Press On

Giving up what I am to become what I will be.
May 11, 2013
East TX
✟231,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Nothing I do is ever good enough
Try not to take to heart comments from people who like to project their own anger and unhappiness upon you.

Easier said than done, I know. I've been there, and have the scars to prove it.:hug:

Upvote 0

TimAM

God fearing and God loving!
Jan 22, 2009
U.S.
✟64,822.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ugh, having a bad day today. I'm starting to notice a pattern that I have a bad day every 2-3 days.

Health anxiety, not being able to find a job (sent in over 100 job applications\emails in the past year or so), sick animal (chicken) are all causing this day to be a bad day.

Upvote 0

Press On

May 11, 2013
East TX
✟231,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ugh, having a bad day today. I'm starting to notice a pattern that I have a bad day every 2-3 days.

Health anxiety, not being able to find a job (sent in over 100 job applications\emails in the past year or so), sick animal (chicken) are all causing this day to be a bad day.
TimAM, I am glad you return to post. Sometimes people having a rough time will post once, then they're not heard from again.

This is a support forum, so I think it is beneficial to "check in" from time to time so folks who experience various types of depression can pray for each other, give supportive comments and offer advice, if asked.

I will be praying regarding the issues that concern you.

Last edited:
Reactions: TimAM
Upvote 0

aangel

Sep 25, 2014
✟14,822.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm crying again. I don't get why my mom doesn't understand what I'm going through. I know people can't read minds (I keep praying to God to help her understand what I can't say) so I'm not mad at her. I just feel deeply hurt. She says she understands mental illness but it doesn't seem like she does because in the same breath she'll say, "I don't think anything is all that wrong with you, you're just stuck in a rut." And there are just so many days where I feel like I'm dying. I fully credit it to God that I haven't lied down in a ditch and given up. The intrusive thoughts are awful. They make feel like a terrible person. I want to be better so much. I'm supposed to see a psychiatrist next month. It took me forever to work up the nerve to do it (I'd been avoiding it for months). I hung up five times because I kept getting nervous. But apparently, in my mom's eyes, I had been forgetting to call them. She doesn't understand that the reason I called them is because I feel beyond miserable and beaten down life. I can't pick myself up anymore. I'm tired of being alone.

Upvote 0

BlessedMommy05

Is Thanking God for opening doors!
Dec 27, 2006
Texas
✟14,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I hope the weather warms up soon fro you, though Winter isn't over yet, so the cold might last a bit still. It is a cool day here for Australia but still 20 Celsius so much warmer than where you are.

Be blessed dear.

hello brother, yes we're expecting rain next few days, although I take the rain over the ice and the wind chill any day. The pressure finally normal for me which is great, but with the rain coming in I may wind up with a headache but I pray its not a full blown migraine like when the pressure goes way to high but bearable enough till the system comes on though and it rains then Id be fine. We're still cleaning the house up and begin to paint but not sure if we can with the rain if it'll dry fast enough or not, SO will know more about that stuff than I do, but the temps have gone up but its a little cool today so that's bearable.. How are you doing brother I read your post and been praying...

Reactions: Jeshu
Upvote 0

Press On

May 11, 2013
East TX
✟231,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm crying again. I don't get why my mom doesn't understand what I'm going through. I know people can't read minds (I keep praying to God to help her understand what I can't say) so I'm not mad at her. I just feel deeply hurt. She says she understands mental illness but it doesn't seem like she does because in the same breath she'll say, "I don't think anything is all that wrong with you, you're just stuck in a rut." And there are just so many days where I feel like I'm dying. I fully credit it to God that I haven't lied down in a ditch and given up. The intrusive thoughts are awful. They make feel like a terrible person. I want to be better so much. I'm supposed to see a psychiatrist next month. It took me forever to work up the nerve to do it (I'd been avoiding it for months). I hung up five times because I kept getting nervous. But apparently, in my mom's eyes, I had been forgetting to call them. She doesn't understand that the reason I called them is because I feel beyond miserable and beaten down life. I can't pick myself up anymore. I'm tired of being alone.
Seeking help is the best thing you can do. I applaud your courage and acceptance of your situation.

Medications can help tremendously, but remember to keep God's power in the equation.

Ask for His strength to keep and protect as you get the help you need. And by all means, keep your psychiatric appointment.

There will be a determination as to your need for sound counseling, medications or both.

Your brain isn't functioning properly; no different than any other physical ailment. God does not love you any less.

I am so glad I was finally diagnosed properly. I was using meds as well as sound Christian principles for 25 years. I no longer need the meds but they were so useful during this period.

Please press into our Lord for strength and comfort; there is hope and help for you, aangel.

• Agree
Reactions: Tempura
Upvote 0

Tempura

Noob
Site Supporter
May 2, 2010
✟320,561.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single

But you got the appointment still? Good. You got over your fears to some extent, and you can do it many times again. You might have hung up a few times, but you pulled through. You confronted your fears and decided not to give in to them. Remember: useless fear and shame cannot do anything else except scare you. That's all it's able to do. That bastard of a feeling is a nuisance, but we tend to give it more power than it really has. But I know what it's like, and I'm not telling you to "snap out of it" or anything like that, I had to have my own journey with it. I still do.

Tell you what: bring your mother with you when you go, or if you don't at first, take her later. She might understand it better when it's a situation where a professional is with you. That's what I did. Sometimes these things take time for some people to truly understand them. It can be a bonding experience as well and both of you might be able to understand each other a little better in time. Where I was treated, we had some "treatment meetings" where we had a psychiatrist, psychologist and a nurse. Me and my mother were both there. Naturally I hated the idea then, but it was a good thing.

You might get some meds, but I'd also recommend therapy. Meds can treat some symptoms, but understanding your condition is equally - if not more - important. And it's seldom just a sudden revelation, that takes time as well. You will learn to have patience, that comes with time and you can not avoid it, and you will find it relieving.

Said a prayer for all of you. One day at a time, brothers and sisters.

Reactions: Press On
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Yes I remember that those intrusive thoughts attacking my sanity that was horrible. The trick is not to mind the thoughts but shift through them through the Word of God. For example loveless thoughts, hopeless thoughts, despairing thoughts, hateful thoughts, fearful thoughts and their feelings are not from God. Jesus overcame them all!

Sad thoughts come a lot but don't have to produce sadness but can bring us the comfort of God, such is very welcome - so much better than the pit.

So please forgive your mum, and keep forgiving for the sake of love, reject all loveless and untrue thoughts and feelings and deny them place in your heart. Only the Word of God spoken in the Spirit of Divine love can be our guide, no one else, not you mother either.

I know a good secular song about mothers, I relate to it very much, maybe you do as well. However love her anyway and yourself as well. (I give you the version sung by Sinead O' Connor she knows all about depression as well and can sing this song with good emotional feelings.)

Enjoy.

Upvote 0

TimAM

Jan 22, 2009
U.S.
✟64,822.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
TimAM, I am glad you return to post. Sometimes people having a rough time will post once, then they're not heard from again.

This is a support forum, so I think it is beneficial to "check in" from time to time so folks who experience various types of depression can pray for each other, give supportive comments and offer advice, if asked.

I will be praying regarding the issues that concern you.

Thanks again, brother! :)

When I started posting here, I kind of got the thought in my mind to post here once or twice a day for a while.

I'm doing a little better. We got the chicken some medicine (hoping it works). My health anxiety is lessened at the moment. One negative is the bad dreams I was having returned. But, it's not affecting much at the moment. When you have something for so long like bad dreams, you kind of get use to it after a while.

Reactions: Press On
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Press On

May 11, 2013
East TX
✟231,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We have a new member of our household.

Our vet lives across the road from us and is a friend. A couple weeks ago his wife found an abandoned dog (dumped out of a car apparently, judging by his behavior) at the end of their driveway. Not any dog we recognised from the usual neighborhood roamers.

The vet took him to the clinic, performed needed medical attention, and advertised for a new home for him on their Facebook.

A lady was interested and took him home but her pitbull mix was not happy and did not get along with it so she had to bring the dog back.

My wife and I have a history adopting hard to place animals (old, physical or behaviorial problems). So we took him. He is a yorkie/pomeranian cross. Appears to be older; white muzzle and teeth are worn down. I named him Tripod because he is missing most of his left front leg.

A couple of potty boo boos in the house but we attribute this to nervousness and the stress of being abandoned and shuffled around. He will be gently and firmly taught like our other abused dogs have been. He's a real cuddler which makes my wife happy. We hope to give him a good home for whatever time he has left. The vet thinks he's 8 yrs. old or older. Our other 2 dogs have been very accepting.

Our band practiced last night but packed it in by 8:30 (we were all tired from a long day and, let's face it, we are all in our 60s and 70s....LOL^_^^_^!). We perform tonight and looking forward to it.

The wife has bronchitis so don't know if she'll make this show. Cold wet day today so I'm just going to take it easy.

Hope you are doing well. May God bless and keep you all.:pray::hug:

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not feeling greatest. I haven't been able to get enough sleep the last few days and begin to notice it. Such a pain. I hope the insomnia will ease down again soon.

• Friendly
Reactions: Yusuphhai
Upvote 0

TimAM

Jan 22, 2009
U.S.
✟64,822.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We have a new member of our household.

Our vet lives across the road from us and is a friend. A couple weeks ago his wife found an abandoned dog (dumped out of a car apparently, judging by his behavior) at the end of their driveway. Not any dog we recognised from the usual neighborhood roamers.

The vet took him to the clinic, performed needed medical attention, and advertised for a new home for him on their Facebook.

A lady was interested and took him home but her pitbull mix was not happy and did not get along with it so she had to bring the dog back.

My wife and I have a history adopting hard to place animals (old, physical or behaviorial problems). So we took him. He is a yorkie/pomeranian cross. Appears to be older; white muzzle and teeth are worn down. I named him Tripod because he is missing most of his left front leg.

A couple of potty boo boos in the house but we attribute this to nervousness and the stress of being abandoned and shuffled around. He will be gently and firmly taught like our other abused dogs have been. He's a real cuddler which makes my wife happy. We hope to give him a good home for whatever time he has left. The vet thinks he's 8 yrs. old or older. Our other 2 dogs have been very accepting.

Our band practiced last night but packed it in by 8:30 (we were all tired from a long day and, let's face it, we are all in our 60s and 70s....LOL^_^^_^!). We perform tonight and looking forward to it.

The wife has bronchitis so don't know if she'll make this show. Cold wet day today so I'm just going to take it easy.

Hope you are doing well. May God bless and keep you all.:pray::hug:

That's great to hear that you took that dog in!

We had a stray cat and 3 kittens that we took in back in later summer\early Fall. We couldn't keep them long-term because of various reasons, but we kept them for a couple of months before finally finding an animal organization that would take them and adopt them out.

I'm doing okay at the moment, but feel anxiety knocking on the door.

Upvote 0

Press On

May 11, 2013
East TX
✟231,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's great to hear that you took that dog in!

We had a stray cat and 3 kittens that we took in back in later summer\early Fall. We couldn't keep them long-term because of various reasons, but we kept them for a couple of months before finally finding an animal organization that would take them and adopt them out.

I'm doing okay at the moment, but feel anxiety knocking on the door.
Thanks for the heart you have for the welfare of God's creatures. They are so often treated as an amusement, a commodity or just unwanted refuse by so many cold hearted people, but I'm glad there's an growing awareness of abuse and so many good people willing to help.

Tripod is fitting in; won't be a problem. He can live out his golden years free from the type of trauma he's had to endure.

Hope the day goes well for you, Tim. Glad to hear you're doing ok. I felt a bit down myself yesterday; today just tired from getting home from our music gig at 2 AM. We are here for you. Be blessed.:hug:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Press On

May 11, 2013
East TX
✟231,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not feeling greatest. I haven't been able to get enough sleep the last few days and begin to notice it. Such a pain. I hope the insomnia will ease down again soon.
Yeah, that old uneven sleep pattern again; I deal with it a lot.
Hope you are doing better now, Gerry.:hug:

Upvote 0

TimAM

Jan 22, 2009
U.S.
✟64,822.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for the heart you have for the welfare of God's creatures. They are so often treated as an amusement, a commodity or just unwanted refuse by so many cold hearted people, but I'm glad there's an growing awareness of abuse and so many good people willing to help.

Tripod is fitting in; won't be a problem. He can live out his golden years free from the type of trauma he's had to endure.

Hope the day goes well for you, Tim. Glad to hear you're doing ok. I felt a bit down myself yesterday; today just tired from getting home from our music gig at 2 AM. We are here for you. Be blessed.:hug:

I love animals! Thank you for helping them, especially the elder animals who so often get over looked.

Thanks for your encouraging words. I'm doing fine at the moment... Had a bit of a rough night\early morning. I had anxiety thoughts in back of my mind a lot.

Praying for you!

Upvote 0

Press On

May 11, 2013
East TX
✟231,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
good to see you again. i want to decreace smocking.pray for you dear friends. :hug:
Praying for you, Yusuphhai. How is your relationship with your father? Any better?

Upvote 0