• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

what are you feeling right now? (23)

Status
Not open for further replies.

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The kingdom of God is not about heeding fear and staying in the dark though brother, this is why satan has made it so unsafe in so many of God's Churches. Judgmental attitude breeds hiding, fear, suppression, deceit, and hypocrisy in the very people who need love, forgiveness and other real life support and acceptance.

Peace

True, but I have bad memories of being judged, and I don't want to relive them by giving people the chance to judge me further..

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I don't see either fear nor doubt as
the reason NOT to open up in churches or on the forum in general;
rather, it is
simply it is too often the enemy's territory and most often the enemies respond.

When one is found where there is truthful fellowship in Y'SHUA according to HIS WORD/ SCRIPTURE/ and the FATHER'S WILL,
opening up is easy, so to speak - even though it may take years.
In the presence of those ecclesia abiding in Y'SHUA
it is nurturing, comforting, encouraging, without fear or doubt or depression
but
rather with JOY, and with PEACE and with RIGHTEOUSNESS and with HEALING;
DAILY. Ongoing. (as it is written).

Yes, rarely seen today.

• Agree
Reactions: Jeshu
Upvote 0

chaoticfirefly

reform jew
May 20, 2011
Visit site
✟109,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I got Casper to cuddle with me for some time last night. These cats just approach me now with no problem, but I think it's because they see me as a food source. Sherlock is an attention hog, she absolutely loves to be petted. My room is a dog free zone and a quiet space where the cats can just wander around if they want. When we got home yesterday night, Sherlock greeted me. I gave them some treats earlier, and they ate them all up.

Whenever I peek into their box that's in my closet, they just stare and Casper purrs, loudly. They'll adjust when they adjust. Told my brother that when he and his wife move into their four bedroom in Bozeman, to dedicate a room for the cats where their stuff will be and they can be. Or to make their house in general more cat friendly, but they need their own space away from daily activities and the four dogs that they have. They can install perches on the walls or invest in a few cat trees. They already have one at least. I watch a lot of My Cat From Hell. A happy cat is a happy home, and these cats shouldn't be hiding in their litter box. Not his fault.

On that note, I've finally had some inspiration to write and got my meds. I work tomorrow oh boy.

Reactions: Press On
Upvote 0

LoyalToGod

Prayer Warrior for Christ
Mar 21, 2012
New York, NY
✟53,695.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
:)
FOR GOOD ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Just as Y'SHUA(JESUS) said ! (to all HIS disciples who wanted to follow HIM)

It sounds like this is a joke to you... I'm angry, and I'm not in the mood for jokes

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoyalToGod

Mar 21, 2012
New York, NY
✟53,695.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
NO. not a joke at all.
Y'SHUA TOLD ALL OF HIS DISCIPLES the same thing. IT IS HIS WORD.

I'm sorry, I thought that you weren't taking my frustration seriously. You see, by running away, I literally mean leaving my family because I'm not being taken seriously

Upvote 0

Press On

Giving up what I am to become what I will be.
May 11, 2013
East TX
✟231,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The kingdom of God is not about heeding fear and staying in the dark though brother, this is why satan has made it so unsafe in so many of God's Churches. Judgmental attitude breeds hiding, fear, suppression, deceit, and hypocrisy in the very people who need love, forgiveness and other real life support and acceptance.

Just look into your bad life brother and see how much concealment and fear is hiding in all of that. This is because the darkness hurting you there doesn't want you to come into the light. However scorning the shame and dressing in humble array will overcome such darkness in the end, as you can see Jesus do on the cross, so He will do it in your life. Be of good courage brother.

Fearing judgmental tongue in the ultimate analyses means you have not been set free in those parts of your life yet, or at least it has been very much like that for me. The more I put the darkness into His light the more its power over me crumbled within me and the freer I'm able to talk about all the horror wron took me through, which then has the ability to help others suffering from the same problem.

Once the wrong is absolved by Christ's blood it looses its scorpion sting, honestly true brother. So maybe finding a loving understanding Christian councilor can help you overcome this horrible barrier.

This is why I reckon this depression forum has been good for me - for I have been able to have loving communion with brothers and sisters in Christ who understand hardship without judging that, unlike I have been able to do in my Church. Hopefully soon I will be able to go back there and put a little yeast in dough there as well. When my rage is overcome I should be able to do that, and there is very little left of that horrific energy that's for sure now that Christ has taught me to love rightly and justly and understand how to let Christ sanctify me when I fall.

Peace
Gerry, what you write is wise and true, but at the same time I still identify and feel our brother's (W2L's) occasional pain and insecurity. Our life experiences are all different. Sanctification is ongoing, albeit usually painfully slow. Come Lord Jesus!

• Agree
Reactions: Jeshu
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
He's hard to figure at times, but I think he's serious
Correct.
YHWH'S WORD is very clear on this.
Y'SHUA was not joking when HE told all those who wanted to follow HIM
that they could not follow HIM
UNLESS they gave up their family, their job, everything they had and everything they valued before.- literally and figuratively everything, to follow HIM.

• Agree
Reactions: W2L and Jeshu
Upvote 0

Press On

May 11, 2013
East TX
✟231,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You are indeed angry and hurting right now, Loyal. My prayers and thoughts for the Comfort of the Spirit to walk with you through this difficult time.

A driver's license is a step in the right direction toward the freedom and independence you so earnestly seek. Even if at times you don't "feel" God doesn't mean He is not there. Don't give up; you're doing ok. :hug:

Reactions: LoyalToGod
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoyalToGod

Mar 21, 2012
New York, NY
✟53,695.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You are indeed angry and hurting right now, Loyal. My prayers and thoughts for the Comfort of the Spirit to walk with you through this difficult time.

A driver's license is a step in the right direction toward the freedom and independence you so earnestly seek. Even if at times you don't "feel" God doesn't mean He is not there. Don't give up; you're doing ok. :hug:

Thank you, Press On!

Reactions: Press On
Upvote 0

Press On

May 11, 2013
East TX
✟231,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm planning, God willing, on building a new gas forge tomorrow. I have plenty of soft insulating firebrick, and I have a steel rectangular box for the shell. It will be long, narrow, yet high enough to fit wide pieces inside, (sitting on their side). I have no idea if this design will work well, but it will be fun to see and build. I'm working with what I have, so if it works out i'll be very happy.
Go for it! All the best!

Reactions: W2L
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.