Colorado
✟432,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Just re-watched the Lord Of The Rings, extended versions.

The 3 films benefit by the addition of various "down time" scenes. Makes the experience a bit more immersive and less frantic. Wish we had the Old Forest and Tom Bombadil. But at 12 hours of material, I can see the need to excise certain parts for theater viewing. Also wanted the scouring of the Shire. Without it the ending was too sweet rather than bittersweet as Tolkien intended.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,117.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I read the books in my youth with a passion and long into the night, but for some reason can't help but fall asleep during each DVD. :)

• Haha
Reactions: Sunshinee777
Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I read the books in my youth with a passion and long into the night, but for some reason can't help but fall asleep during each DVD. :)
The films are quite an achievement. But they still pale beside the books imo.

Upvote 0

Sunshinee777

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2020
Finland
✟168,856.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Tiny houses netflix. And still watching again Better call Saul. I did finish Blown away or whatever it was called, the series about glass blowers, it's amazing show and I hope there will be third season.

Reactions: MehGuy
Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Tiny houses netflix. And still watching again Better call Saul. I did finish Blown away or whatever it was called, the series about glass blowers, it's amazing show and I hope there will be third season.

Looking forward to when the newest season of Better Call Saul drops on Netflix. It's been a while. Probably the best drama currently on TV.

• Agree
Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Speaking of Thunderf00t.. I just recently saw Anita Sarkeesian on TV the other day. Oh boy.. she hasn't aged very well. While I always disliked her she was kind of cute in her younger days. She must be pushing 40 now. Even Thunderf00t would probably make a prettier woman in drag than her.

Upvote 0

Sunshinee777

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2020
Finland
✟168,856.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Speaking of Thunderf00t.. I just recently saw Anita Sarkeesian on TV the other day. Oh boy.. she hasn't aged very well. While I always disliked her she was kind of cute in her younger days. She must be pushing 40 now. Even Thunderf00t would probably make a prettier woman in drag than her.

Are you kidding me, 40 is the new 20. :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Are you kidding me, 40 is the new 20. :D

In behavior maybe.. lol.

Sadly my generation will probably be still playing Pokemon games and battling each other with them when we're in retirement homes, lol.

Upvote 0

shineyourlight

Mar 6, 2020
New York
✟71,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
A thread to post what you are currently watching or plan to watch soon.

This is also a place to leave reviews of what you just watched if you so choose.

As for me I am currently watching The Pacific. Enjoying it thus far. A little more gruesome at times than I thought it would be. Cannot help but wonder what World War 2 was like for my grandfather. Although he was stationed in Europe. I do somewhat envy those who were able to live through such important times.

As for what I plan to watch soon.. probably Scanners.
Virgin River & America's Got Talent :)

Upvote 0

Sunshinee777

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2020
Finland
✟168,856.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single

The 3 films benefit by the addition of various "down time" scenes. Makes the experience a bit more immersive and less frantic. Wish we had the Old Forest and Tom Bombadil. But at 12 hours of material, I can see the need to excise certain parts for theater viewing. Also wanted the scouring of the Shire. Without it the ending was too sweet rather than bittersweet as Tolkien intended.
I have tried watching lotr like atleast five times and I always fall asleep after first 30 minutes. I just can't do it.

• Agree
Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I have tried watching lotr like atleast five times and I always fall asleep after first 30 minutes. I just can't do it.
Can you stay awake with the books? Because that where the story lives best IMO.

• Optimistic
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.