Dec 8, 2011
✟121,316.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Finished Richard Adams' The Day Gone By - a little annoyed that it only went as far as shortly after he came home from the war and nobody else wrote his biography. Finished Nothing Venture, Nothing Win by Edmund Hillary, his autobiography. He did a lot of interesting things, had a lot of adventures.

Also reading Suzanne Woods Fisher's The Lesson, which is an Amish novel, and The Jewish War by Josephus.

Gillian

Upvote 0

Sif

Nov 11, 2015
Rocky Mountain Region
✟307,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
It's been a while, but I am starting the latter part of the Dune series. God-Emperor of Dune, Heretics of Dune and Chapterhouse: Dune.
I will take a break before beginning the last of the series written by Frank Herbert's son.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I finished The Family Next Door book about the Turpin 13 case. It was good. The 2nd half is just a rehash of the 1st half tho. (I’ve noticed that w/ true crime books. The first half is the events of the crime chronological; the second half is the same information just in the order of how it was relayed to the public.)

Upvote 0

Sif

Nov 11, 2015
Rocky Mountain Region
✟307,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
History of the Peloponnesian War by Thucydides and Leviathan by Thomas Hobbes. Studying the concept of the Hobbesian Trap (or Schelling's Dilemma). It is one of the concepts behind the Dark Forest answer to the Fermi Paradox.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,006,092.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
How are you getting on with it? I've been plodding very slowly through it - am approaching the end of The Two Towers. It's taken me a long time to get that far. It's not a fast read.

Gillian

I just finished Fellowship of the Ring today.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟241,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Currently reading about 19 different books. I have a short attention span.

Really enjoying A Year of Biblical Womanhood by the late Rachel Held Evans. Will hopefully finish it tomorrow.

Reactions: saved24
Upvote 0
Dec 8, 2011
✟121,316.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I just finished Fellowship of the Ring today.

Good for you. I see you've started on another book, separate from The Lord of the Rings - are you planning to go back to that at some stage? It's very involved and detailed and difficult to take in a lot at a time, although I'm finding it easier to read than I did at first. I'm still reading The Two Towers.

Gillian

Reactions: Sif
Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,006,092.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Good for you. I see you've started on another book, separate from The Lord of the Rings - are you planning to go back to that at some stage? It's very involved and detailed and difficult to take in a lot at a time, although I'm finding it easier to read than I did at first. I'm still reading The Two Towers.

Gillian

Yes. That other book was a short read and I started on The Two Towers today. :)

Reactions: Sif
Upvote 0