Midwest
✟19,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have this bad habit of starting on a book and not finishing it. Currently I have at least 4 or 5 physical books started and several audiobooks. That's my go to lately, and I've really been enjoying the classics. I'm pretty faithfully listening to Wives and Daughters by Elizabeth Gaskell right now, and I really like it so far.

• Agree
Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0
Dec 8, 2011
✟121,015.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I just finished Fellowship of the Ring today.
Well done. I'm on the last book of the trilogy now. Sam and Frodo are making their way to the Mount of Doom where Frodo is supposed to throw the ring.

I am also reading Kidnapped by Robert Louis Stevenson and The Jewish War by Josephus.

Gillian

Upvote 0
Dec 8, 2011
✟121,015.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The Autobiography of the Pioneer Missionary to the New Hebrides (Vanuatu) by John G Paton
I read a biography of John Paton a few years ago. It was written for children. He was a very courageous man.

Gillian

Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,005,174.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Well done. I'm on the last book of the trilogy now. Sam and Frodo are making their way to the Mount of Doom where Frodo is supposed to throw the ring.

I am also reading Kidnapped by Robert Louis Stevenson and The Jewish War by Josephus.

Gillian
I've read that one Josephus work before. It's quite interesting.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟214,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
40 Questions About Roman Catholicism. It is written by a Baptist but is very neutral. For each question, it presents the Catholic viewpoint, then the Protestant viewpoint, then presents a few open-ended questions. I was looking for something that skewed very Protestant but found something that presented it fairly a bit more thought-provoking because it wants you to connect the dots to either or.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟240,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Jesus of Nazareth (Part II): From The Entrance Into Jerusalem To The Resurrection by Pope Benedict XVI
own that book and have it on my list! I have a ton of books to read!!

Reactions: Sif
Upvote 0

Sif

Nov 11, 2015
Rocky Mountain Region
✟306,933.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
The Southern Reach Trilogy by Jeff VanderMeer. (the books are Annihilation, Authority, and Acceptance). The books are sort of a horror/sci fi story. The books are about events after something crashes (or lands) on the US Gulf Coast of extraterrestrial origin. The 2018 film Annihilation starring Natalie Portman is based on the first book.

Upvote 0