✟55,065.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
8530._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Almost finished with My Friend Dahmer, the graphic novel that inspired the recent movie (same title)..
True story, the author/illustrator knew Dahmer as a teenager & recollects some of Dahmer's ominous habits & personality traits.
I won't comment on the author's perspective, unless another poster here wants to share/swap opinions on it (?)

Upvote 0

Shane R

Priest
Site Supporter
Jan 18, 2012
Southeast Ohio
✟564,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
The Quest for the Creed by Fr. Dwight Longenecker.

Longenecker has said at times that this is his favorite of his several books. He analyzes the Apostle's Creed phrase by phrase, not from the perspective of finding Biblical support but from a perspective of discovering the philosophical underpinnings of each idea and determining whether it is a reasonable proposition. Longenecker has a particular wit which I enjoy and occasionally ventures into satire. It is a book to be read closely, not skimmed.

Upvote 0

Babe Ruth

Nov 10, 2017
Southeastern USA
✟55,065.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Irresistible (The rise of addictive technology and the business of keeping us hooked)
Adam Alter.

It's subtitle basically describes it's thesis. I'm about 40 pages in; author is explaining the nature (& history) of human addictions. I'm assuming he ties the addictive overuse of cell phones, video games, & computers in to the course of harmful addictions. It's interesting in the book's open, he reports on how Steve Jobs ironically & tellingly had strict restriction on computer use within his house/family.

Reactions: SistrNChrist
Upvote 0

SistrNChrist

Aug 17, 2006
NYC
✟30,387.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Irresistible (The rise of addictive technology and the business of keeping us hooked)
Adam Alter.

It's subtitle basically describes it's thesis. I'm about 40 pages in; author is explaining the nature (& history) of human addictions. I'm assuming he ties the addictive overuse of cell phones, video games, & computers in to the course of harmful addictions. It's interesting in the book's open, he reports on how Steve Jobs ironically & tellingly had strict restriction on computer use within his house/family.
I love that book, and I completely agree with his premise

Upvote 0
Dec 8, 2011
✟120,915.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Adam Alter.

Interesting note about Steve Jobs.

I am currently reading A Time to Kill by John Grisham and The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd.

Gillian

Upvote 0

Bumble Bee

Disciplemaker
Nov 2, 2007
Held together by Jesus and coffee
✟697,534.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am reading "Birthright" by Nora Roberts. It is about a woman who finds out that she was kidnapped as an infant, but there are two romance stories and a murder mystery woven in. I am impressed with how she was able to take 4 unrelated plot lines and weave them into one cohesive novel. She's my favorite author :)

Reactions: SistrNChrist
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Gryphon

Sep 26, 2018
Canyon Country
✟23,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Babe Ruth

Nov 10, 2017
Southeastern USA
✟55,065.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Jason Priestley (a memoir).

Yeah.. this is a real book, and good so far. Priestley's autobiography..
I didn't realize it, but when Priestley was a young, aspiring actor (new to LA), he briefly had a virtually unknown Brad Pitt as a roommate..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.