What are the reasons behind a person wrongfully rejecting the Trinity? (Trinity Christians Only)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horation

Aug 20, 2021
London
✟15,479.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
You think no scholars are eminent Christians
You think no eminent Christian scholars agree with Paul in 1 Corinthians 1:20?

I beg to differ.

Are you biased against training and learning?
Learning by reliance on the Holy Spirit is the only way to learn. Scholars and theologians will often condemned you for standing on the plain words of Christ when he walked this earth. And they have many followers

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have. Paul didn't spend his time writing long letters about fillique post trib or pre trib rapture, or delving into trinity for instance as many do today. He preached the Gospel that changed lives. Big difference
You think that is all scholarship is about?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Horation

Aug 20, 2021
London
✟15,479.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I didn't see that in the post. He merely said Christianity was better before the theologians.
I said the most rapid growth of the church and the greatest power seen in it was before the emergence of the scholar and theologian

Reactions: Butch5
Upvote 0

Horation

Aug 20, 2021
London
✟15,479.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
You think that is all scholarship is about?
I think k spending your life trying to come up with and studying evermore doctrines that helps no one grow in the faith is not what Christians are called to do

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Learning by reliance on the Holy Spirit is the only way to learn. Scholars and theologians will often condemned you for standing on the plain words of Christ when he walked this earth. And they have many followers
Wonder why God appointed teachers to the church (1 Corinthians 12:28; Ephesians 4:11)?

Reactions: Andrewn
Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think k spending your life trying to come up with and studying evermore doctrines that helps no one grow in the faith is not what Christians are called to do
From "scholars" so called, you have derived a misconstrued notion of scholarship.

"Scholarship" is the new unrighteousness now?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Horation

Aug 20, 2021
London
✟15,479.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Doing what?
OK, let's give you an example from Paul. And as I'm sure you have read more of scholars and theologians than me, please explain the passage to me, all of it
If while we seek to be justified in Christ it becomes evident that we ourselves are sinners, does this mean that Christ promotes sin? Absolutely not, if I rebuild what I destroyed I prove I am a law breaker
Galatians2.16&17

Those words are a teacher teaching.please explain them
What justification is Paul talking, about in the passage, it is one that clearly takes time to achieve. The believer is instantly justified at conversion
Why does Paul ask the question, Does Christ promote sin?
Please fully explain the last sentance

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Horation

Aug 20, 2021
London
✟15,479.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
From "scholars" so called, you have derived a misconstrued notion of scholarship.

"Scholarship" is the new unrighteousness now?
Spending your life trying to delve into trinity, Pretrib post trib rapture, fillique and much else is not what believers are called to do.. waste of time in regard to spiritual well being

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Butch5

Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2012
Homer Georgia
Visit site
✟308,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Spending your life trying g to delve into trinity, Pretrib post trib rapture, fillique and much else is not what believers are called to do.. waste of time in regard to spiritual well being

It seems Christianity is all about what you believe now. If you don't believe this doctrine or that doctrine you're not a Christian. If you ask about the Mormons or the JW's many will say no they're not Christians. It's based on what they believe, not on the life they live. Jesus said, follow me, not make sure you believe this doctrine and that doctrine but not that other doctrine.

Reactions: Horation
Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
OK, let's give you an example from Paul. And as I'm sure you have read more of scholars and theologians than me, please explain the passage to me, all of it
If while we seek to be justified in Christ it becomes evident that we ourselves are sinners, does this mean that Christ promotes sin? Absolutely not, if I rebuild what I destroyed I prove I am a law breaker
Galatians2.16&17
Those words are a teacher teaching.
Those words are a revelator revealing.
Let's keep in mind what Peter said of Paul's writings: "His letters contain some things that are hard to understand." (2 Peter 3:16)
please explain them
Bascially: If Christ makes righteousness depend on law keeping, then Christ is promoting sin, because no one can keep the law (Galatians 3:10) and he has, thereby, assigned all to unrighteousness (sin).

If we trust justification by Christ alone, but we are sinners if we do not keep the law, which no one can do, then is Christ promoting sin with a doctrine of law keeping that still leaves us in sin?
Christ would not present a way of justification that is defective and ineffective, leaving those who trust it still unjustified, therefore, Christ would not be presenting a doctrine of law keeping for justification.

And further, if Paul, who had taught that observance of the Mosaic law is not necessary for righteousness/
justification, would now teach or suggest that the law is necessary (rebuild a doctrine he had destroyed), he would also be making himself still a sinner (law breaker) and not justified/righteous.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Horation

Aug 20, 2021
London
✟15,479.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
It seems Christianity is all about what you believe now. If you don't believe this doctrine or that doctrine you're not a Christian. If you ask about the Mormons or the JW's many will say no they're not Christians. It's based on what they believe, not on the life they live. Jesus said, follow me, not make sure you believe this doctrine and that doctrine but not that other doctrine.
On these kind of websites, yes, but in my experience churches are very different.. I told two baptist ministers some on the Internet insisted it was not enough to believe Jesus was the Son of God to attain to Heaven, you must term him the one true God. They both shook their heads and laughed. That is the truth

Upvote 0

Horation

Aug 20, 2021
London
✟15,479.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Those words are a revelator revealing.
Let's keep in mind what Peter said of Paul's writings: "His letters contain some things that are hard to understand." (2 Peter 3:16)

It's about Judaizers requiring Gentiles to observe the law, and justification/righteousness apart from the law.

If it would be wrong for Jewish Christians to go back to the law for justification, is it not more wrong to require Gentiles who were never under the law to observe it for salvation?

Paul argues in terms of Jewish thinking: if we seek justification/righteousness by faith alone, but are actually "sinners" (lawbreakers) unless we observe the law, then Christ is promoting sin, by teaching a doctrine of righteousness by faith apart from necessary law keeping for righteousness. He would be teaching a way of justification that would be defective and ineffective, leaving all those who believed it still unrighteous, according to Jewish belief regarding the law, which they wanted to add.
So if Paul, who had taught that observance of the Mosaic law is not necessary for righteousness/justification, would now teach or suggest that the law is necessary, he would be making himself still a sinner (law breaker) and not justified/righteous, according to Jewish belief regarding the law, which they wanted to add.
In my view, being able to understand, and properly explain the Scripture placed before you should matter far more to a believer than writing swathes of scripture concerning trinity. For what I wrote concerns the basic life of a new Christian and the path they must take to grow. That is far more important to understand

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In my view, being able to understand, and properly explain the Scripture placed before you should matter far more to a believer than writing swathes of scripture concerning trinity. For what I wrote concerns the basic life of a new Christian and the path they must take to grow. That is far more important to understand
And what about the informed person who wants to see and understand why the Trinity is a doctrine of Christianity? Is he just chopped liver?

Both are important. It's not either/or, it's both/and.
'Tis not for us to decide which doctrines of the Scriptures are important and which are not.
It's all the word of God, and it's all important for a right understanding of God, rather than creating him in our own image.

We are to worship God in spirit and in truth (not in false notions of him).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Horation

Aug 20, 2021
London
✟15,479.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
'Tis not for us to decide which doctrines of the Scriptures are important and which are not.
It's all the word of God, and it's all important for a right understanding of God, rather than creating him in our own image.

We are to worship God in spirt and in truth (not misunderstanding).
Christians are called to spread the word and reach the lost. In the real world, you will never achieve that by discussing many of the subjects on websites such as these. These are discussed not because people are trying to reach the lost but rather because they revel in debate. Two very different things

Upvote 0

Horation

Aug 20, 2021
London
✟15,479.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
We are to worship God in spirit and in truth (not in false notions).

And for you, worshipping in Spirit and truth is overriding the requirement laid down by Christ as to who a person must believe him to be to inherit eternal life?
That to you is right understanding?
BTW
Once Christ had returned to Heaven, Christ, Peter and Paul all referred to God as THE God of Christ. So bearing your belief in mind, who is the God of the one true omnipotent God?
Can your scholars and theologians help here?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.