What are the conditions for salvation?

What are the conditions for salvation?

• 1) Being a Roman Catholic.

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • 2) Belief in the real presence in communion.

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • 3) Belief in Satisfaction or penal substitution atonement.

• 4) Baptism as a grown-up.

• 5) Belief in the Trinity.

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • 6) Belief in the divinity of Christ.

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • 7) Belief in Jesus' crucifixion.

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • 8) Belief in Jesus’ resurrection.

Votes: 10 100.0%
  • 9) Belief in the virginal birth of Christ.

• 10) Belief in the resurrection of the body.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The condition of salvation is Jesus took the penalty of sin which is death and through His blood, we can turn to Him when we sin if we repent (change of direction) and confess and He will cleanse us of all sin unrighteousness 1 John 1:9 , but we too must die (of sin) with Christ and allow His Spirit to sanctify us (created new) John 14:15-18 as our salvation is from sin, not in sin Mat 1:21. Through this process it allows us to obey God through faith and love 1 John 5:3 John 14:15 Exo 20:6 Rev 14:12

Reactions: Andrewn
Upvote 0

Andrewn

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2019
-
✟681,411.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The condition of salvation is Jesus took the penalty of sin which is death and through His blood, we can turn to Him when we sin if we repent (change of direction) and confess and He will cleanse us of all sin unrighteousness 1 John 1:9 , but we too must die (of sin) with Christ and allow His Spirit to sanctify us (created new) John 14:15-18 as our salvation is from sin, not in sin Mat 1:21. Through this process it allows us to obey God through faith and love 1 John 5:3 John 14:15 Exo 20:6 Rev 14:12
You haven't voted.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
-
I do not really see it listed, but the only condition to receive God's free gift of Eternal Life (salvation).

Is to believe in Jesus, which is to believe Jesus is the resurrection and the life, The Messiah/The only begotten Son of God.

Reactions: BPPLEE
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I listed ten items of faith that Christians may regard as essential to salvation. It will be nice to know everyone's opinion. If I missed a necessary condition of salvation, please list it in your comments.
Salvation starts with Love for our Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Without the foundation of Love , the Holy Spirit can not dwell in the believer. No Holy Spirit, no salvation.
Blessings.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
-
What is sad, is what God has intended to be so simple and uncomplicated (receiving His free gift of Eternal Life salvation). Man has taken and absolutely created nothing but confusion and complication, having to post all these choices in this poll proves this.

Upvote 0

Andrewn

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2019
-
✟681,411.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
11. Being born again (Holy Spirit).

Salvation starts with Love for our Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Without the foundation of Love , the Holy Spirit can not dwell in the believer. No Holy Spirit, no salvation.
You're right. But the question is whether there are essential things to believe in. If you are a Muslim or a Hindu and love the Lord Jesus Christ, are you saved?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You're right. But the question is whether there are essential things to believe in. If you are a Muslim or a Hindu and love the Lord Jesus Christ, are you saved?
This is Agape Love, unconditional, which Muslims and Hindus do not have for Jesus Christ of Nazareth because they have " other" gods/messiahs in their hearts.
Blessings.

Upvote 0

concretecamper

Member of His Church
Nov 23, 2013
PA
✟275,202.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Baptism: John 3:5 Jesus answered: Amen, amen, I say to thee, unless a man be born again of water and the Holy Ghost, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
The Eucharist: John 6:54 Then Jesus said to them: Amen, amen, I say unto you: except you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you shall not have life in you.
Confessing Sins: James 5:16 Confess therefore your sins one to another: and pray one for another, that you may be saved. For the continual prayer of a just man availeth much.
Keep His Commandments: John 13:34 A new commandment I give unto you: That you love one another, as I have loved you, that you also love one another.

Upvote 0

Andrewn

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2019
-
✟681,411.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
None of the above. God is doing the saving, we either humbly accept His charity as charity or reject His charity, since we do not like to be seen as beggars.
Are you a Christian Universalist?

Upvote 0

Andrewn

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2019
-
✟681,411.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
11. Being born again (Holy Spirit).

I do not really see it listed, but the only condition to receive God's free gift of Eternal Life (salvation). Is to believe in Jesus, which is to believe Jesus is the resurrection and the life, The Messiah/The only begotten Son of God.
Doesn't this imply that you should choose #7 and #8, at least, and perhaps #6?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Doesn't this imply that you should choose #7 and #8, at least, and perhaps #6?

No out of your list believing Jesus is God would be needed. Since Jesus states He is The Son of God and makes Himself equal with God The Father.

7 and 8 are not need to receive God's free gift of Eternal Life 7 and 8 are a witness and miracle that shows/proves Jesus is who He states He is. The resurrection and the life, the promised Messiah/Son of God.

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟826,126.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Are you a Christian Universalist?
Not at all!
You either accept or reject God's charity as charity, people rejecting his charity do not go on to heaven. People will do almost anything to avoid having to humble themselves enough to accept pure undeserved charity, but that is what God is pleading with us to take. Look at Luke 7 the lesson Jesus teaches includes the idea, He that is forgiven much, Loves much, so if you humbly accept God's forgiveness for the unbelievable huge debt sin creates, you will automatically obtain an unbelievable huge Love (Godly type Love), which is really all you need, but you also will get the indwelling Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

Faith over Fear

If I had but one breath, I’d use it to praise HIM!
Dec 30, 2023
USA
✟22,479.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I listed ten items of faith that Christians may regard as essential to salvation. It will be nice to know everyone's opinion. If I missed a necessary condition of salvation, please list it in your comments.
Could you explain to me salvation in fullness. How do I know for sure without a shadow of a doubt I’m going to heaven. I had believed I was saved at twelve but I don’t know anymore. I attend a baptist church but I believe I’m non denominational . I don’t know???? I want to do right and live for Christ. I pray and pray but I don’t hear Gods voice anymore. I use to have this can’t help but shouting feeling but now it’s gone!!

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Confessing Sins: James 5:16 Confess therefore your sins one to another: and pray one for another, that you may be saved. For the continual prayer of a just man availeth much.
The word being translated as "saved" is
ἰαθῆτε (iathēte) which means "healed" as in to heal, I heal, generally of the physical, sometimes of spiritual, disease. As used in Luke 17:15

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.