Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Are you sure that applies to returning an item that you can't afford?

You can "sell" it to someone and have them make the check out to your credit card company (instead of to you). You can just fill in your account number before sending it to them. (That would probably not count as liquid assets. Ask.)

Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
did you read my post #36

return the items purchased!

a return in NOT a sale, it's a return
don't keep the items & you'll get credited back on your card

often you have 30 days for returns so get busy returning
ask someone to help you if you're unsure how to do returns

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟922,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
did you read my post #36

return the items purchased!

a return in NOT a sale, it's a return
don't keep the items & you'll get credited back on your card

often you have 30 days for returns so get busy returning
ask someone to help you if you're unsure how to do returns

Oh. Sorry misunderstood I bought everything computer wise on Newegg and they're past the return date unfortunately. I bought most of the parts over a month ago.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I actually talked to my parents about that and was considering it but then remembered I'm not allowed to sell valuable property. Both of our computers are worth over $8,000 and my mom was willing to loan me the rest but I think we decided as a family its pobably be best to go bankrupt in Feburary. By the time ebay and social security take their cut I'd be lucky to be left with $5,000 anyway.

SSI. I'm technically supposed to report everything I sell (I usually don't unless it's $1,000 or more). If I sold $8,000 worth of property without reporting it I could lose my ssi or worse. Which is stupid. You can have all the property you want but they want to know every little thing you sell even if it's a $200 thing. Even if you end up giving that $200 to charity.

Then again, I don't even know who my case worker is anymore and SSI hasn't called me in years. I could have $100,000 sitting in a safe somewhere and they wouldn't know about it ( I don't).
I'm not an SSI expert, but selling isn't returning. Unless the SSI people see it differently, returning what you can would take out a serious chunk of that debt.

• Agree
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Oh. Sorry misunderstood I bought everything computer wise on Newegg and they're past the return date unfortunately. I bought most of the parts over a month ago.
Sorry, didn't see this. $8000 computer, $14000 is what you spent - is the rest of it all software?

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟922,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Sorry, didn't see this. $8000 computer, $14000 is what you spent - is the rest of it all software?

You can say that j donated it. I owe about $11,000 right now, not $14,000. I paid back creditors a little over $3,000. And the entire cost of my computers was not charged at once. Over half of its already paid for. I built my wife's computer about 2 years ago and mine last year. I owe on a 4k monitor, desk, and video card though. All in all about $6,000.

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟922,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I'm not an SSI expert, but selling isn't returning. Unless the SSI people see it differently, returning what you can would take out a serious chunk of that debt.

You're right they allow you to return merchandise just fine.

Only problem is I have no video card. I sold both of my video cards and gave one away to someone in need. Oh and I sold my old monitor too in efforts to pay back the debt. So I wouldn't have a working computer which I'm fine with I was willing to sell both of ours to get back on out feet but by the time ebay takes their $1,000 cut, shipping fees, and whatever SSI wanted to take out of me I'd be lucky to get $5 ir $6,000. And I think it's beyond Neweggs return anyway.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You can say that j donated it. I owe about $11,000 right now, not $14,000. I paid back creditors a little over $3,000. And the entire cost of my computers was not charged at once. Over half of its already paid for. I built my wife's computer about 2 years ago and mine last year. I owe on a 4k monitor, desk, and video card though. All in all about $6,000.
You're right they allow you to return merchandise just fine.

Only problem is I have no video card. I sold both of my video cards and gave one away to someone in need. Oh and I sold my old monitor too in efforts to pay back the debt. So I wouldn't have a working computer which I'm fine with I was willing to sell both of ours to get back on out feet but by the time ebay takes their $1,000 cut, shipping fees, and whatever SSI wanted to take out of me I'd be lucky to get $5 ir $6,000. And I think it's beyond Neweggs return anyway.
I think my highest debt ever was like $5,000 and I paid it back in 2 years.
  • If it's a recent computer, it will/should have integrated graphics.
  • You could pick up a cheap monitor to get you by, though both you and I would probably hate to do it.
  • If it's $5000-$6000, that's two years worth of "work" in however many weeks it takes to get that together.

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟922,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
  • If it's a recent computer, it will/should have integrated graphics.
  • You could pick up a cheap monitor to get you by, though both you and I would probably hate to do it.
  • If it's $5000-$6000, that's two years worth of "work" in however many weeks it takes to get that together.

True. I'll think about it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums