Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Isn't the 3.5 days a reference to the final week of Daniel's countdown clock?

3.5 days --> 3.5 years

2 olive trees = Natural + Wild grafted in = Jewish Messianic + gentile Christians

both groups, united in Christ, witness in "Babylon" for 3.5 years until the Abomination of Desolation devastates the city (as already happened with the Christians, from all walks of life, in the Jerusalem Church from 66-70 AD, before they escaped to Pella as the Romans sacked the city)

That's what I tend to think it is likely referring to, though I'm not 100% certain. Except for it involving the first century. I'm not on the same page with you there though.

I tend to think Daniel 12 has something to say about this as well.

Daniel 12:7 And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished.

This seems to be similar to what we see in the following.

Revelation 10:4 And when the seven thunders had uttered their voices, I was about to write: and I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Seal up those things which the seven thunders uttered, and write them not.
5 And the angel which I saw stand upon the sea and upon the earth lifted up his hand to heaven,
6 And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer:
7 But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
That should indicate the 3.5 days they are seen as dead and not in graves, isn't meaning a literal 3.5 days then, but is instead symbolizing something. Is that your position about these 3.5 days, that 3.5 literal days are not meant?

I didn't say anything about the 3.5 days.

Upvote 0

Erik Nelson

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That's what I tend to think it is likely referring to, though I'm not 100% certain. Except for it involving the first century. I'm not on the same page with you there though.

I tend to think Daniel 12 has something to say about this as well.

Daniel 12:7 And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished.

This seems to be similar to what we see in the following.

Revelation 10:4 And when the seven thunders had uttered their voices, I was about to write: and I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Seal up those things which the seven thunders uttered, and write them not.
5 And the angel which I saw stand upon the sea and upon the earth lifted up his hand to heaven,
6 And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer:
7 But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.
For the record, nobody can "blame me" for anything here cause all my ancestors were northern European mostly Germanic types who, if anything, were probably opposing the pagan Roman empire at the time

But Jews themselves have been lamenting, for 2000 years, that they were broken & scattered by Titus & Vespasian in 70 AD. Obviously Daniel 12:7. Modern Israel from 1948 is universally acknowledged as the "un-doing" of Daniel 12:7. Along with Revelation 11:8, I think you're argument is completely correct, and I think you're proving the point I was trying to make.

QED ?

Reactions: DavidPT
Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I didn't say anything about the 3.5 days.

Yes I realize that, yet when it comes to the 2W though, these 3.5 days are significant. It seems to me this 3.5 days in a literal sense only makes sense if the 2W are 2 literal individuals. But if they are not 2 literal individuals, but instead symbolize a vast number of individuals, to not take the 3.5 years symbolically as well would seem to be interpreting things inconsistently, such as Amils do with their interpretation of the 2 resurrections in Revelation 20, where they have one meaning spiritual, the other meaning bodily. I was therefore basically wondering what your thoughts were on this 3.5 days as well.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yes I realize that, yet when it comes to the 2W though, these 3.5 days are significant. It seems to me this 3.5 days in a literal sense only makes sense if the 2W are 2 literal individuals.

Part of the 2W are two individuals. They are the two olive trees also called the two prophets. They are the ones that die in the streets and resurrect...not the other witness which is the two churches.

I was therefore basically wondering what your thoughts were on this 3.5 days as well.

It's literal plus it shows the beasts 42 months extend past the ministry of the two prophets which IMO means the 1260 days begins 3.5 days before the 42 months.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Let's see where the greek word #615 that is used in Revelation 11:7 occurs in the rest of the NT

G615 (NKJV)
G615 matches the Greek ἀποκτείνω (apokteinō), occurs 83 times in 71 verses in the Greek

These are told to hang in there until the rest of their brethren are killed:

Revelation 6:11
Then a white robe was given to each of them; and it was said to them that they should rest a little while longer,
until both the number of their fellow servants and their brethren, who would be killed as they were, was completed.

The 2 witnesses being killed:

Revelation 11:7
`And whenever they should be finishing the testimony of them, the beast, the one ascending out of the Abyss, shall be doing with them, battle, and shall be conquering them, and it shall be killing Them

The verses outside of Revelation where the word #615 "KILL" is used mainly concerning the corrupt murderous Priesthood.

That leads me to believe Revelation does indeed involve the 1st century Priesthood and Matthew 23 and 24.........

Mat 14:5
And although he wanted to put him to kill, he feared the multitude, because they counted him as a prophet.
Mat 16:21 -
From that time Jesus began to show to His disciples that He must go to Jerusalem, and suffer many things from the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised the third day.
Mat 17:23 -
“and they will kill Him, and the third day He will be raised up.” And they were exceedingly sorrowful.
Mat 23:34 -
“Therefore, indeed, I send you prophets, wise men, and scribes: some of them you will kill and crucify, and some of them you will scourge in your synagogues and persecute from city to city,
Mat 23:37 - “O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing!
Mat 24:9 - “Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name’s sake.
Mat 26:4 - and they plotted to take Jesus by trickery and kill Him.
Luk 13:34 - “O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, but you were not willing!
Luk 18:33 - “They will scourge Him and kill Him. And the third day He will rise again.”
Jhn 16:2 - “They will put you out of the synagogues; yes, the time is coming that whoever kills you will think that he offers God service.

Last edited:
Upvote 0