Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes, and the Holy Spirit will not abide in someone who isn`t saved.
And Christ justifies whoever he wants regardless of what they appear to be to others. The holy spirit will fill whoever he wants.

• Agree
Reactions: RickReads
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟891,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If they are a child of God then they will get straightened out. If they are a bastard they will not.
Heb 12:8

That’s not what Hebrews 12:8 says. It says if they are not punished they are not legitimate children of God.

“But if you are without discipline, of which all have become partakers, then you are illegitimate children and not sons.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭12:8‬ ‭NASB

If what you say is true then how can Galatians 5:4 and John 15:6 be true?

Upvote 0

RickReads

Sep 27, 2020
richmond
✟64,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
That’s not what Hebrews 12:8 says. It says if they are not punished they are not legitimate children of God.

“But if you are without discipline, of which all have become partakers, then you are illegitimate children and not sons.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭12:8‬ ‭NASB

If what you say is true then how can Galatians 5:4 and John 15:6 be true?

You didn`t understand what I said. So, get a grip eh?

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I guess it should be mentioned that the holy spirit will be with us and he will be in us. There seems to be a distinction between with us and in us. I guess at first he is with us and then at some point he is in us.

Upvote 0

RickReads

Sep 27, 2020
richmond
✟64,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I guess it should be mentioned that the holy spirit will be with us and he will be in us. There seems to be a distinction between with us and in us. I guess at first he is with us and then at some point he is in us.

He is with us because He is in us. If He is out and not in, He will aggressively knock at the door. That can become really uncomfortable.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟891,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You didn`t understand what I said. So, get a grip eh?

No, I did understand what you said it was clearly stated and pretty impossible to misunderstand. This is nothing more than a cop out to avoid answering my questions because you can’t explain how eternal security can be true without contradicting Galatians 5:4 and John 15:6.

Upvote 0

RickReads

Sep 27, 2020
richmond
✟64,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
No, I did understand what you said it was clearly stated and pretty impossible to misunderstand. This is nothing more than a cop out to avoid answering my questions because you can’t explain how eternal security can be true without contradicting Galatians 5:4 and John 15:6.

Can you explain what you are talking about? You are picking a fight and I will gladly slap you around if that is what you need.

• Haha
Reactions: mlepfitjw
Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, and anything the KING owns is clean, pure, sanctified.

Correct! God no longer sees our sin, for they were judged and punished at the Cross. And because Jesus took upon HImself all our sin, and God poured out al His wrath against our sin on Jesus, He is now free to look upon us as His children.

He now deals with us as already glorified though we are not yet!

Upvote 0

RickReads

Sep 27, 2020
richmond
✟64,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Correct! God no longer sees our sin, for they were judged and punished at the Cross. And because Jesus took upon HImself all our sin, and God poured out al His wrath against our sin on Jesus, He is now free to look upon us as His children.

Pretty wise for a Baptist, I love it :clap:

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Pretty wise for a Baptist, I love it :clap:

Well I am a follower of Jesus before I consider myself a baptist. The church I go to and teach at is teh best in teh area for exalting the Lord and teaching His Word and reaching out to the lost.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RickReads

Sep 27, 2020
richmond
✟64,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Well I am a follower of Jesus before I consider myself a baptist. The church I go to and teach at is teh best in teh area for exalting the Lord and teaching His Word and reaching out to the lost.

Baptists are ok. My Christian role models were fine Baptist Christians, the best.

Upvote 0

zoidar

loves Jesus the Christ! ✝️
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟888,175.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Feels wrong to me to say God no longer sees our sin. The idea is that we will be cleansed from living a sinful life when we are born again. God surely saw David's sin, even he was a child of God. There are two aspects as I see it, the aspect that Jesus has taken all sin on himself and the aspect that we have new hearts and now living righteously through faith. Sure we do fail, but we still need to turn away from sin to righteous life.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: BNR32FAN
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,997.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Unless you have become perfect overnight, and I mean absolutely perfect overnight, etc, never ever ever sin anymore after that ever at all ever again, etc, ever again, etc, then, yes, sanctification is process that happens progressively over time as God works both in us and on us after we have been sealed in Him or after being saved, etc...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟733,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
What About Progressive Sanctification?

I don`t really believe in it.

Tell me why you do.

It depends entirely on what is meant by "progressive sanctification". Sanctification, by what it is, is itself a process. God is sanctifying us, the Spirit is in us, and we are being conformed to the image of Christ.

If what is meant is that we can attain a kind of perfection of active righteousness in this life (by "active righteousness" I mean good works we are supposed to do in obedience to God), then no, this is false.

Or if what is meant is that we can somehow measure a progress of holiness in ourselves, or that there is rungs on a ladder to be climbed and we should expect to be able to find ourselves at this rung, or that rung at this point or that point in our lives--well that's false too.

But if all that is meant is the process of sanctification itself, and God is indeed sanctifying us, and is making us holy, and this work is constant and by His faithful promise. Then, yes, that's a real thing. But attempting to create some kind of measuring stick to use on ourselves or others, that's where problems begin to rapidly arise.

-CryptoLutheran

Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟891,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Wow that’s amazing!! So now we’re free to kill and rape and steal and do all sorts of evil because we believe our sins are paid for?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RickReads

Sep 27, 2020
richmond
✟64,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Wow that’s amazing!! So now we’re free to kill and rape and steal and do all sorts of evil because we believe our sins are paid for?

That strawman is old hat. But let`s ask you one. How many times do we need to kill Jesus?

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟891,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Can you explain what you are talking about? You are picking a fight and I will gladly slap you around if that is what you need.

Eternal security also known as once saved always saved is the false doctrines that once a person becomes a Christian they can never lose their salvation. Galatians 5:4 and John 15:6 clearly refute this doctrine.

“You have been severed from Christ, you who are seeking to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭5:4‬ ‭NASB

“If anyone does not abide in Me, he is thrown away as a branch and dries up; and they gather them, and cast them into the fire and they are burned.”
‭‭John‬ ‭15:6‬ ‭NASB

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟891,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That strawman is old hat. But let`s ask you one. How many times do we need to kill Jesus?

Were Paul and Timothy saved? You might find this interesting what Paul wrote Timothy.

“It is a trustworthy statement: For if we died with Him, we will also live with Him; If we endure, we will also reign with Him; If we deny Him, He also will deny us; If we are faithless, He remains faithful, for He cannot deny Himself.”
‭‭2 Timothy‬ ‭2:11-13‬ ‭NASB

Paul makes it clear that both he and Timothy are capable of denying Christ and as a result Christ would deny them before The Father.

“But whoever denies Me before men, I will also deny him before My Father who is in heaven.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭10:33‬ ‭NASB

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟891,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Jesus reserves the right to acknowledge or deny anyone He chooses before The Father because He earned that right on the cross.

Upvote 0

RickReads

Sep 27, 2020
richmond
✟64,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Eternal security also known as once saved always saved is the false doctrines that once a person becomes a Christian they can never lose their salvation. Galatians 5:4 and John 15:6 clearly refute this doctrine.

“You have been severed from Christ, you who are seeking to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭5:4‬ ‭NASB

“If anyone does not abide in Me, he is thrown away as a branch and dries up; and they gather them, and cast them into the fire and they are burned.”
‭‭John‬ ‭15:6‬ ‭NASB

You refute nothing, the people in your verses were not elect.

Upvote 0