Not open for further replies.

SonOfSophroniscus

Mar 30, 2007
✟15,862.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
A being that had never hithertoo sinned, bearing the punishment for the a whole race's evil doings is a complete reductio ad absurdum.

Obviously, God has both wrath and love. In the cross we see wrath and love coming together, when Jesus bore the penalty for sin so that we Christians could be justified. God does not simply curse, he also pardons. God tells us to conteplate both aspects of his personality:
Romans 11:17-24
Note then the kindness and the severity of God: severity toward those who have fallen, but God's kindness to you, provided you continue in his kindness. Otherwise you too will be cut off.

Upvote 0

breakfastclub17

Apr 17, 2007
✟7,832.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God has told us that he will punish non-believers.

In this way he has told us things about his character (his holiness and his justice) that he wishes us to know about. He has told also to look on both his kindness and his sternness.

Thus, it is disloyal to him and somewhat idolatrous for us to turn around and say "God might not be as just and as holy as he told us he was." He tells us about his penalties for sin in order to ravish our affections and for us to forever grow in delight for him -- and his glory and his power.

He wants us to know him and his attributes. We should never forget or deny the things about himself that he tells us and wishes for us to know.
I like the way you think :)

Upvote 0

breakfastclub17

Apr 17, 2007
✟7,832.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
First, I believe that every child/kid that does not know enough, will go to heaven. Jesus said curse those who cause these little ones to stumble, and he said if you want to get into heaven, you must be like these little ones. Now, what is the cut off age? 6? 8? 10? or even 13? I don't know. I believe it differs from person to person.

I also believe, if God would send a 12 to Hell, he is just in doing so if it is his will. I myself would not (but I'm not the almighty God).

And about Abraham's bossom, that is no longer. It was a place for people like Moses, Adam and Eve, Noah, David ETC. (Luke 16)

Now, about "the man that lives on a island that never hears about Jesus". Go back to Acts 10 and read that. As you read that, you learn that Cory (short name, haha) has never heard of Jesus Christ. Yet, he knows basic right from wrong, and he wants to please God. So what does God do? he reveals himself to Cory, and even sends him Peter.

So, I believe (and from looking at scripture) that God saves who he wills. And the people he saves, are the people that are after God (the true God, not the other "gods")(Also, not saying us humans can actually search for God by our own wills, because I believe we cannot)

But, you cannot be saved without Jesus Christ. The Law is written on our hearts. And the Law does not make us right in God's eyes, or makes us right just for hearing it (Romans 7, and the Jews are not saved because they just heard the law). Rather, you are right before God when you keep the law (which none of us have done, Romans 3:23). So, what must we do? We must Repent and Put our trust in Jesus Christ (Acts 17, the time of ignorance is over)

So, no man (or woman) keeps the Law that is written on our hearts.

So, all in all, if a man searchs for the right God, and wants to please him and serve him; I believe God will reveal himself to that person (whether by a person sharing the gosple or an angel or even God Himself!), and give him/her the gosple of grace and salvation.

And, again, God is just in all his actions.(Luke 13)

Upvote 0

cookiebaker

May 1, 2007
✟8,011.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I wish people would stop ruminating about how God might send a young child to hell....I just dont understand the mindset of that. Also my own infant son passed, it's very painful to hear that kind of stupid talk, sorry to be harsh, but i think it's that kind of thing that gets Christians a bad reputation. I am a fundamental Christian, and want to base my beliefs on his Word...and from everythingn I read in the Bible, the Lord doesnt seek to 'punish' or 'curse' babies and young children....sigh....:sigh:

Upvote 0

DArceri

Exercise daily -- walk with the Lord.
Nov 14, 2006
✟11,256.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
so, from your knowledge, a baby who was aborted will go to hell? oh, and anyone who was born before Jesus came will also go to hell?

oh, and the innocent 13 year old child who died of malaria in africa and also never got to hear the Word of the Lord will also go to hell, even though it's not their fault?

Unbelief is always singled out as the primary damning sin. For example:

John 8:24 "I told you that you would die in your sins, for unless you believe that I am he you will die in your sins."

John 3:36 "Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him."

Thus it can be argued that since baby's or little ones haven't the knowledge or mental capacity yet to believe in Jesus, they really can't be held accountable yet. Only God knows at what point they become accountable.

Psalm 139:13-16 also states that God knows us before we are even born:

13For you formed my inward parts;
you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
14I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works;
my soul knows it very well.
15My frame was not hidden from you,
when I was being made in secret,
intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
16Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,
the days that were formed for me,
when as yet there were none of them.

Upvote 0

Murdock

May 8, 2007
✟537.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
hey you guys,

so this question has been pondering me for a while.. will non Christians be saved? what about aborted babies? what about those who were unable to hear about Christ? and does anyone have any scriptural references?

i had always thought that anyone could be saved.. but that was through my own personal bliefs, and i had no justification from the Bible.so can someone show me proof from Scirpture?

Luke 12:47-48, "That servant who knows his master's will and does not get ready or do what his master wants will be beaten with many blows. But the one who does not know and does things deserving punishment will be beaten with few blows."

This is the only reference plus the passages on having to be born again, that I can find concerning those who have not heard the word. So put them together and you get, only those born of the Spirit will enter heaven. But people who have not heard the word and do things that deserve punishment will be beaten with few blows, which means they will not suffer as those who know the word will.

Therefore, I take that to mean that aborted babies and infants won't suffer through eternity. It will be as if before they were born.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.