Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In the Genesis “God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. There was evening and there was morning, one day”. So, one day is one darkness + one light. And regardless of do you believe earth rotates or that sun rotates around earth, one round is one day nowadays. I think that should be clear. The problem is, we don’t know were the rotation time same as today. If we believe earth rotates, which can’t really be proven well, it could be easier that the length is the same. If earth doesn’t rotate, then the light rotates and the length of a day depends on the rotation speed, which is not really know.

Hi 1213,

So, you're really in doubt as to whether or not the earth rotates? I think we have pretty well proven that it does. Please don't misunderstand my position on 'science'. I have no problem with science as it applies to the here and now and things that we can repeatably test, work as we see them work. So, I can test right now that the earth does spin and I can see the sun rising and setting which proves that the earth does spin on an axis. Even the changing of the seasons depends on that truth. As it spins on its axis and orbits the sun, we have the changing seasons.

For the sun to be the celestial body that moves, that causes the sunrise and sunset, then all of the planets would not stay in their places in their orbits. I think that needs to be seriously considered. Our sun has several other planets, besides the earth, that also have regular orbits about the sun. For the sun to go around the earth every 24 hours, then what happens to all of those other planets and their orbits?

Further, if the sun were the moving body in the sunrise/sunset event, we also wouldn't have seasons as we do unless the sun also moved farther away and the earth tilted on its axis, even though it doesn't spin. We now have seasons because the earth moves in an oblique orbit where at some points it is farther from the sun than at others. Those seasons are also controlled by the directness of the sun's rays as they hit the earth and our winter season come about because the northern hemisphere is pointed away from the sun at its closest point in its orbit and towards the sun (thereby getting more direct sunlight), when it is farthest away in its orbit around the sun.

I really don't think there can be any question as to the spinning rotation of the earth upon an axis that runs roughly through the north and south poles. However, I'm always willing to look at any evidence offered to the contrary.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God forbid, as great as God is, that some of our interpretations have been wrong over the years, right...?

Anyway, believe whatever you wish, but if your interpretations are never flexible or willing to change, or are never subject to change, (evolve, grow) etc, toward reconsidering other interpretations, etc, then your dogma die with you I guess...

The earth is either clearly billions of years old, (the universe even much older, etc) or it was made by God to only appear that way by God intentionally, you choose...

God Bless!

As I already said, I have no issue with there possibly being a gap where the earth was void before creation week so I don't know why you keep saying that.

Also as I said, while you keep telling me to look to my belief, do you ever look to yours?
I said at the end of my post would you ever think on what I said, that the flood is responsible for giving back wrong results on things like dating based on decay. My interpretation comes directly from scripture, if scripture indicated that evolution had taken place then I would look at it, but it doesn't. So your interpretation is based on scripture + secular science. Can you honestly say the idea of millions of years of evolution came from the straightforward reading of scripture?
It's your prerogative to believe science but there will come a time they will show proof of aliens, miracles and all other kinds of things. Beware.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jan 14, 2020
California
✟15,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One reason I believe but have some doubt about the bible is because man found dinosaur fossils and other things that confirm the Earth is older than the bible says. So if the bible is true, why doesn't it mention Dinosaurs? If it's true, then why does it say the earth is only thousands of years old?

I always say, if people can't believe page one of the Bible, what makes you think they will believe the rest?

Genesis 1 : 7-8
And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and is was so. And God call the firmament Heaven.

So the water is above and below, and the firmament is called Heaven. (UNLESS YOU WANT TO CALL GOD'S WORD WRONG ON PAGE 1.) Good luck with that.

If you believe we are in a galaxy far, far, away, if you believe nasa, free masons, Hollywood, you are the elect that will be deceived. Like Fox, CNN, ABC, NBC, Cbs, they all work together. Programming minds. Fake news has been out for 5 years and was designed to be so. To release a problem, to initate a solution, thus censorship walked into the world, untouched. You will never read that again unless the Father's will says so. There is a thought process that proves all of this. I am not sure if the world is ready for this information and will not release it ever unless I am told to do so by the Holy Ghost.

The devil has spent so much energy and time for decades to program the minds on ufos, billions of light years away, aliens, galaxies etc.

For example, even Christians on this very forum; trust nasa and Hollywood more than the first page of GOD'S WORD.

MORESO than others too.

Is God's footstool really a spinning pear shaped ball floating at 66,000 mph with an axis of 66.6 degrees reversed? Is the moon really 2160 miles diameter? 6x6x6 is 216, Jupiter 4320, 216 x 2 = 432 the sun 864,000 (432x2) if THE BRETHREN IS IMMUNE TO SATANS LIES THEY WILL FALL FOR IT ALL. All of the metrics in nasa lead back to the devils 666.

Now if you believe the devil about "outer space" which no one has ever been, you have never, been, I have never been, this is all logical but due to emotion, evil will step in and destroy all logic on most minds, if you believe all that, landing on the moon ect, then its safe to presume why you would believe in Jurassic park as well.

Did you know all fossils in museums are replicas?

Because there are no real ones.

Why does it surprise the world that the largest events against God are strictly LIES?

Now if you believe idiots can age dirt based off other dirt and fossil off other fossil, you might believe anything. Including an alien invasion or a meteor from outer space blah blah blah.

Mark 13:25
Revelation 6 :13

So when the stars fall from the sky, does that include your fictional "UNIVERSE" LOL Seriously. The world is so sold by evil its nuts.

You know how many dinosaurs they admit are fake? Many. Mix truth with lies, like the devil. The triceratops for example NEVER EXISTED. You never been to space, you never dug up a dinosaur. DO NOT TRUST MANS MOUTH.

PSALM 8 : 3 - 4 for real.

Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
All you have to do is use your eyes...

Some deny what they see though, cause they don't like to see and would prefer to be or remain blind...

God Bless!
When I use my eyes I see God's creation, I don't see millions of years nor do I see thousands, I just see the blue sky and I would say the green grass but its yellow. :/ Nothing about creation says millions of years, or looks to be any particular age at all, it just is. It's not like an old man who has wrinkles in his face showing it's age. It is 'new every morning' :)
Lamentations 3:22-23
22 The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;
his mercies never come to an end;
23 they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.

You don't see millions of years either, you believe it because a scientist said so.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Which is perfectly fine and is my point. This is not a salvation issue.

So, in this people can have different beliefs as salvation is not affected.
This may not be a salvation issue..

However, it is an issue regarding the validity of the scriptures.

If you cannot soundly plant your arguments on the scriptures of Genesis... How can you solidly plant your argument on scriptures about a man, born of a virgin, walking on water, healing sick, raising the dead, giving sight to the blind, commanding the whether, and defeating death, returning from the dead and rising up into heaven before witnesses?

• Winner
Reactions: Dan61861
Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat

If you cannot soundly plant your arguments on the scriptures of Genesis... How can you solidly plant your argument on scriptures about a man, born of a virgin, walking on water, healing sick, raising the dead, giving sight to the blind, commanding the whether, and defeating death, returning from the dead and rising up into heaven before witnesses?

Because my believing in Jesus doesn't hinge on whether or not I believe in old earth or young earth.

• Winner
Reactions: Petros2015
Upvote 0

Eha

Jan 6, 2020
Tallinn
✟30,373.00
Country
Estonia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
method scientists use to date dinosaurs

just 3 minutes :)

and btw, i really do not care, how old earth is.
i care about physics, chemistry, math, biology...
and what about dragons, God so detailed described in the Bible?
we didnt found they bones yet... or did we? :smirk:

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: miamited
Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi eha,

Thanks for jumping in with that video. You also wrote:
and btw, i really do not care, how old earth is.
i care about physics, chemistry, math, biology...
and what about dragons, God so detailed described in the Bible?
we didnt found they bones yet... or did we?

I agree that our understanding what God tells us in the first chapter of Genesis 'may' not be salvation effecting, but just like radiometric dating, I can't really confirm that idea from the Scriptures. Jesus seemed to put quite a bit of effort in telling us that we must believe. The issue is always, 'ok, what must we believe?' Everything that God has revealed to us in the writings that Jesus claimed were truth? Or, as some seem to suggest, just a couple of the more salient points that God makes in His word?

Further, for me, knowing that God did create this awesome realm, or place in which we live, just by the command of His voice or will, makes it just a bit more awe inspiring when looking up at the heavens and understanding that the heavens do, in fact, declare the glory of God. That there aren't actually any bodies in the heavens that came about because a bunch of space dust, over billions of years, just happened to coalesce as the body that our eyes see today. Not at all! According to God's word, He made those stars near instantaneously. All perfect and set in their place to be everlasting as signs and to mark seasons for us. All perfectly made in mere moments so that we, the crowning achievement of His effort in creating this realm, could look up and marvel at just how great and awesome and majestic and wise the one who created all things really is.

For me, to know that God created this entire realm of our living in mere days, speaks of such a greater and more wise God, than a god that just threw it all out there and then waited for billions and billions of years to see what it would all become. Sure, that second god is a lot more powerful and wise than I could ever hope to imagine, but not quite as powerful and wise as the God who claims He did it all in mere moments for just the express purpose that man would have a home in which to live. That God created all things because He loves those who He then created to inhabit the realm of His making. That God created a perfect creation system in mere days that offers the oxygen that we need to breathe; the food that we need to eat; the resources that we need to build homes. It didn't just come about by happenstance, but was a perfectly planned and executed creation of a God who is wise and powerful beyond any measure that we might even think to imagine.

So, I believe God did what He has told me that He did, but I find that believing and understanding that also offers assurance of everything that God then reveals to me in His word. That His effort is to destroy the work of sin in our lives that through faith in His Son, we might enjoy the eternal existence for which He created us. This isn't, from the pages of Genesis to the final chapters of the Revelation of Jesus, some hastily thrown together plan that was worked out after the dust settled and everything 'became' what it would become through some natural processes. Not at all! On the day that God declared 'Let there be light!', He knew and created all things to bring us to the day when He would then say, "Behold! I have made everything new again. Now the dwelling of man is with God and He will be their God and they will be His people!"

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

It seems that you are suggesting that the "validity" of Scripture is based on one aligning with your interpretation. As surprising as it may be one can disagree with your view/interpretation and yet firmly stand with the validity and integrity of God's word. The most definitive point is this "In the beginning God...", the timeframe and process are secondary!

Upvote 0

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So, you're really in doubt as to whether or not the earth rotates?... …For the sun to be the celestial body that moves, that causes the sunrise and sunset, then all of the planets would not stay in their places in their orbits…. …if the sun were the moving body in the sunrise/sunset event, we also wouldn't have seasons as we do unless the sun also moved farther away …

I personally have no need to believe earth rotates, or doesn’t rotate. I can easily believe what is really scientifically proven. But there is really no scientific proof that earth rotates. All those things you mention can be explained also by other ways.

Probably you believe that moon rotates around earth. Its path varies in time, and moon is not always in same distance from earth. Same could as well be with sun. it would not be a miracle, if sun would rotate and there would be variation on its orbit that would cause the seasons.

And the other planets: the orbits depend on what you choose to be the fixed point. If you choose earth, then the orbits can be drawn to fit to that idea. There is really no problem in that, unless you have some fixed beliefs that can’t be moved. Things in 3-dimensional space are relative, that is why almost any concept could be drawn. Nice thing about the relativity is that we don’t need to know, because things work relatively well anyway. Funny thing is how people believe that earth rotates, all though there is no real scientific proof for that.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I personally have no need to believe earth rotates, or doesn’t rotate. I can easily believe what is really scientifically proven. But there is really no scientific proof that earth rotates. All those things you mention can be explained also by other ways.

Probably you believe that moon rotates around earth. Its path varies in time, and moon is not always in same distance from earth. Same could as well be with sun. it would not be a miracle, if sun would rotate and there would be variation on its orbit that would cause the seasons.

And the other planets: the orbits depend on what you choose to be the fixed point. If you choose earth, then the orbits can be drawn to fit to that idea. There is really no problem in that, unless you have some fixed beliefs that can’t be moved. Things in 3-dimensional space are relative, that is why almost any concept could be drawn. Nice thing about the relativity is that we don’t need to know, because things work relatively well anyway. Funny thing is how people believe that earth rotates, all though there is no real scientific proof for that.

All that you have said is true were it not for one thing ---WHY? The empirically verified laws of motion and gravity perfectly explain the heliocentric cosmology. Other cosmologies have been proposed but all violate the laws of physics that mankind has spent the last 500 years developing and validating. That physics has taken mankind to the moon and back and has sent probes to every planet and even beyond. The true test of science is "does it work?" and the answer in this case is "it works extremely well".

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
It seems that you are suggesting that the "validity" of Scripture is based on one aligning with your interpretation. As surprising as it may be one can disagree with your view/interpretation and yet firmly stand with the validity and integrity of God's word. The most definitive point is this "In the beginning God...", the timeframe and process are secondary!
Actually, that's not my point...

What I'm saying is that the eternal destination of your soul... is based on the same book that tells us the time frame for which the earth was created..

You accept one part of this canon... as solid truth... your souls salvation depends on it.

You do not accept the first pages of this book.... as solid truth... for the creation of everything.

You say that the scripture is valid... when it is your salvation

You deny it's validity... and say that it is poetic, allegorical, or mythical... when it goes against man devised theoretical concepts that you have been taught..... by mere mortals.

I, on the other hand... consider it all valid and true....Not because my salvation is based on one tiny part... But because the entire canon is one tightly woven collection of literature that was inspired by God Himself.

My salvation does not depend on these written words... The written words describe the solid events that my salvation does depend on.

If you cannot claim that the very first pages are true... where does it leave ANY of the pages that follow it, as to being true?

• Winner
Reactions: coffee4u
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What I'm saying is that the eternal destination of your soul... is based on the same book that tells us the time frame for which the earth was created..

However, Genesis 1 does not explicitly tell us the time frame involved. What Genesis tells us is that God spoke all of creation into existence.

You do not accept the first pages of this book.... as solid truth... for the creation of everything.

I accept the first pages of the Bible as solid truth, I simply disagree with your interpretation of those same pages.

You deny it's validity... and say that it is poetic, allegorical, or mythical... when it goes against man devised theoretical concepts that you have been taught..... by mere mortals.

I don't believe that I suggested in any manner that the creation account was "poetic, allegorical, or mythical", can you show me where I stated that? I'm suggesting that a plain reading of Genesis 1 is very much open to interpretation as to time frames and as to the how.

My salvation does not depend on these written words... The written words describe the solid events that my salvation does depend on.

So essentially we "depend on these written words" to describe the solid events upon which our salvation depends on.

If you cannot claim that the very first pages are true... where does it leave ANY of the pages that follow it, as to being true?

Again, it is only your assertion that one who disagrees with your interpretation negates the claim of truth by one who holds a different interpretation of Genesis. As suggested elsewhere I believe Genesis 1 is read and understood by many in a very superficial way.

Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Where did you get the concept on which that faith is based?

I'm not going to go detail by detail with you.

Salvation is not dependent on whether or not you believe in an old earth or young earth.

I believe in Christ. That is what matters.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
However, Genesis 1 does not explicitly tell us the time frame involved.

"There was evening, there was morning, the first day" How explicit do you want it? Then, He does this for each day.

I accept the first pages of the Bible as solid truth, I simply disagree with your interpretation of those same pages.

Obviously...

I don't believe that I suggested in any manner that the creation account was "poetic, allegorical, or mythical", can you show me where I stated that? I'm suggesting that a plain reading of Genesis 1 is very much open to interpretation as to time frames and as to the how.
Well, if it is not "literal", how would you describe your method of interpretation of the Genesis account. Not to mention the other scriptures that reinforce this time frame. As in these:

Exodus 20:11
"For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day; therefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day and made it holy.

Exodus 31:17
"It is a sign between Me and the sons of Israel forever; for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, but on the seventh day He ceased from labor, and was refreshed."

There are actually at least, probably more, than 20 places where the time frame of "six days" is used to drive home this fact.

20 Bible verses about Six Days

So essentially we "depend on these written words" to describe the solid events upon which our salvation depends on.
Exactly.. So, if the salvation of your soul is dependent on the facts recorded in a book.. and you rest assured on it's truth.. Why then do you discard the record of the creation... if, in fact you do believe that it is well within God's abilities to do it as it is written?

There are many many supernatural and miraculous events that surround, predict, and are displayed in the life and actions of Jesus... That you accept... and hold dear... as your salvation is dependent on it.. Yet.. you toss the "six days" concept.. even when it is totally within God's capabilities.

Again, it is only your assertion that one who disagrees with your interpretation negates the claim of truth by one who holds a different interpretation of Genesis. As suggested elsewhere I believe Genesis 1 is read and understood by many in a very superficial way.

Ya, I read a recipe once on making burgers.... I followed all of it, where it dealt with the time needed to be cooked.. because.... the safety of those eating it depended on it.. However, the other stuff... spices, cheeses, how long I left it out on the counter..... I took it as my own interpretation...

Didn't end well.

IMHO... you cannot hold one part of the canon, and all it's miracles... as solid truth..... because my salvation depends on that to be true... and discard the other scripture as being truthful... because I disagree with it and it doesn't affect my salvation.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I'm not going to go detail by detail with you.

Salvation is not dependent on whether or not you believe in an old earth or young earth.

I believe in Christ. That is what matters.
You didn't answer the question. You have just repeated what you have already stated before.

Upvote 0