Wesley's Parish Fellowship ASA Thread (7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maid Marie

Zechariah 4:6
Nov 30, 2008
Pennsylvania
✟19,068.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Private
Thanks for all you do for that church :)

Can't help but feel that a message is trying to come through to me. Went to a friend's church yesterday morning then mine in the evening. In both two and what you've just said the same messages are being said.
Cool :thumbsup:

Romans 12, 1 Corinthians 12, and Ephesians 4 all speak directly at/to the issue of which you both are speaking.
I'll read them tonight for my devotions.

Upvote 0

Lee52

Mar 11, 2011
Normal, Illinois
✟2,645.00
Faith
Wesleyan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Back in Germany from my work-related trip to Italy. We stayed the night in beautiful and snowy Garmisch-Partenkirchen up in Bavaria, Germany. It is wonderfully white and pristine this morning!
I will get the camera out and take a few digital photos to post later after my wife awakens and we go shopping in the town center. Then, it is down the mountain and back to Stuttgart!

(Just thought I'd post this for all of my Christian brothers and sisters interested in snow).........

Be blessed,
Lee52

Upvote 0

GraceSeeker

Jul 2, 2007
USA
✟17,297.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Hey, it was close to whiteout condition Friday night on the ski hill. Unfortunately, even that was really just a little bit and not near enough to replace what has melted away. But it was real snow and had everyone in a good mood. T

he radio station was there broadcasting and they had music BOOMING, a bit too loud for me actually. It was college night and the number of "smart" university students who show up and you hear them tell each other the don't even know how to put their skis on, but don't think they need a lesson is ridiculous. So, all of the instructors (about a dozen of us) had been waiting at the appropriate time and place to see if there would be any one interested in a lesson and we were just getting into the music. No one showed up, and so we were dismissed. Just as I start to head down the hill (not near where we teach lessons) someone stops me to ask how you are supposed to ski. So, I just turned around and, keeping in total beat to the music, moonwalked down the hill on my skiis, "Like this!"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Maid Marie

Nov 30, 2008
Pennsylvania
✟19,068.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Private
Last night for the first time in 18 years I got a full 8 hours of restful sleep before Church. So during SS, I kept poking Dad, tickling him, tapping his ears with my pen, tapping his toes with my toes...finally at one point he says to me "I think I liked you better when you were half asleep on only 4 hours." :)

Reactions: fellowheirs
Upvote 0

Maid Marie

Nov 30, 2008
Pennsylvania
✟19,068.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Private
Funny!

I can tell he's also very happy for you.

He is :) He's just not used to such energy from me.

More good news - I finally figured out how to do Skype today.

I have shared here stories of my stressful previous pastor at my current church. But I don't know if I have shared a whole lot about how dysfunctional my childhood church was/is. They WERE SO MESSED UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They had a misogynist pastor, tantrums and horrible spiritual coldness from parishioners, gossip, backbiting, you name it... It was miserable. But from my first Skype call ever, I just heard from a friend that still attends there that as of this January, with the arrival of the new pastoral couple, that things are completely different and for the better. She said a "spiritual breakthrough" has occured! 15+ years of my dedicated praying with blood, sweat and tears for that place have finally paid off.

Too bad my current church no longer has an evening service for testimonies...I'd be giving a big one :clap:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Status
Not open for further replies.