Wesley's Parish Fellowship ASA Thread (7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maid Marie

Zechariah 4:6
Nov 30, 2008
Pennsylvania
✟19,068.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Private
I love wikipedia too.. Sadly I stay away most of the time now since it's an academic no-no at my school for the most part.

Hey ParaChristo :wave:

I veg on it too much so I have to avoid it as well. My school doesn't like it either. I agree that it is not a reliable source of info as I have found some errors myself. But for vegging purposes its great fun!

hey, Para!

Upvote 0

GraceSeeker

Jul 2, 2007
USA
✟17,297.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I agree that it is not a reliable source of info as I have found some errors myself.
hey, Para!

Although, it has been reported there are just as many errors found in the Encyclopedia Britanica, not that you should be using it for scholarly papers either. But both serve as a good source for supplementing one's general knowledge.

My concern with Wiki is that sometimes you see people who seem to have agendas when it comes to what they have added. If you are familiar with a subject you can note those sorts of things, but what if the reason you've looked up a subject is because you don't know and are wanting to learn? How do we discriminate between good and maybe not bad, but certainly slanted information when the system itself allows for constant re-writes and opinions to be posted as facts?

Upvote 0

Maid Marie

Nov 30, 2008
Pennsylvania
✟19,068.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Private
Although, it has been reported there are just as many errors found in the Encyclopedia Britanica, not that you should be using it for scholarly papers either. But both serve as a good source for supplementing one's general knowledge.

My concern with Wiki is that sometimes you see people who seem to have agendas when it comes to what they have added. If you are familiar with a subject you can note those sorts of things, but what if the reason you've looked up a subject is because you don't know and are wanting to learn? How do we discriminate between good and maybe not bad, but certainly slanted information when the system itself allows for constant re-writes and opinions to be posted as facts?

Those were the kind of errors I was refering to - the agenda type errors.

Upvote 0

GraceSeeker

Jul 2, 2007
USA
✟17,297.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
According to the forcast for next week, we're already locked into a warming trend. Of course, an artic low could bring cold and snow as late as April. But with no snow on the ground, the sun rising higher in the sky daily, and a warming forecast for the foreseeable future, I'm afraid we may have seen the last of winter even BEFORE Ground Hog's Day.

How terribly sad. :(

Upvote 0

Maid Marie

Nov 30, 2008
Pennsylvania
✟19,068.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Private
According to the forcast for next week, we're already locked into a warming trend. Of course, an artic low could bring cold and snow as late as April. But with no snow on the ground, the sun rising higher in the sky daily, and a warming forecast for the foreseeable future, I'm afraid we may have seen the last of winter even BEFORE Ground Hog's Day.

How terribly sad. :(
Utterly depressing is more like it. And I share that sadness with you.

Raining now, but apparently a few hundred yards up the hill it's snowing. How, in any conceivable universe, is that fair?
It is not, my friend!

I grew up on the border between Pennsylvania and New York State. I cannot tell you how many times we'd be driving home in raging snow only to meet rain at the state border. My parents were relieved while I was hopping mad :mad:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Maid Marie

Nov 30, 2008
Pennsylvania
✟19,068.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Private
We have pollen all over our cars, the azalea's are blooming and grass is growing. Mid-day
temps are in the low 70's and here we are in late January lol. It's crazy.

Daffodils are sprouting at church. That is just SO wrong!!!!

Upvote 0

Speculative

Senior Veteran
May 29, 2007
Seattle
✟19,750.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hmmm. 49 here--a little high for normal around here, but not much, so it's okay.

On a positive note, I just went to the doctor today and had some medical problems I had checked out. Turns out that there was nothing seriously wrong. So, I'm praising God for that today. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Maid Marie

Nov 30, 2008
Pennsylvania
✟19,068.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Private
On a positive note, I just went to the doctor today and had some medical problems I had checked out. Turns out that there was nothing seriously wrong. So, I'm praising God for that today. :)

Congrats on the good news!

Reactions: Speculative
Upvote 0

jacks

Er Victus
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2010
Northwest US
✟674,911.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hmmm. 49 here--a little high for normal around here, but not much, so it's okay.

Praise God, that is always good news and a relief!

Reactions: Speculative
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.