LDS Were parts of the Bible deleted by the great and abominable church?

Anto9us

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2013
Texas
✟95,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Of course we have a personal spirit.

As far as the uncials, that were in all caps, we have HUNDREDS of NT manuscripts where no capitalization is used at all in Koine Greek -- other than first word in a sentence or a quotation, or first letter of a proper name.

Majority of manuscripts have no punctuation, rarely ANY capital letters, no ch vs divisions (that was WAY later) big whoop

There are 2500 to 3000 manuscripts of part or all of NT

Brothers and sisters, my computer is crashing

If I fail to appear in future, do not think I have apostasized

I will post til I crash

I have not -- and will not -- commit apostasy

• Haha
Reactions: Jane_Doe
Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Ephesians 3:5 "in the Spirit" means there is no difference; Ephesians 4:30; John 7:39; 1 Thessalonians 4:8
Each of your scriptures is about the Holy Spirit. So you are saying there is no difference between the 'Holy Spirit' and 'her spirit', or 'our spirit' which the Holy Spirit speaks to? See Romans 8:16 'The Spirit' is talking to 'our spirit'?

If the Holy scriptures say that the 'Holy Spirit' speaks to 'our spirit', and tells
'our spirit' things, then they cannot be the same spirit.

If they are the same Spirit, that would mean that the 'Holy Spirit' is talking to itself, and telling itself information about itself in Romans 8:16.

Does that make sense to you?

Upvote 0

withwonderingawe

Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Salem Ut
✟161,549.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
NO, it is the invisiable force of God , neither substance or material but the Breath of Life which, if you ignore you will be subject to destruction eternally!
Job 27:3 All the while my breath is in me, and the Spirit of God is in my nostrils ... Job 34:14-15 If He set his heart, if he gather unto himself his Spirit and his Breath 15 all flesh shall perish together, and man shall turn again to dust. Psalm 36:9 For with thee is the Fountain of Life, ... Isaiah 61:1 The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me because the Lord hath anointed me to preach the glad tidings unto the meek; Luke 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me because He has anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor Isaiah 61:2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn Mark 13:11 ...it is not you who speak but the Holy Spirit that is within you. .. James 2:26 For as the body is dead without the Spirit, so faith without works is dead, also.​

Sorry I didn't mean to let this go, been up watching the eclipse in Idaho. The glorious creation of our Heavenly Father are awesome to behold but the traffic-jam of man shows our mass confusion. 42 miles in 5 hours.

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Each of your scriptures is about the Holy Spirit. So you are saying there is no difference between the 'Holy Spirit' and 'her spirit', or 'our spirit' which the Holy Spirit speaks to? See Romans 8:16 'The Spirit' is talking to 'our spirit'? If the Holy scriptures say that the 'Holy Spirit' speaks to 'our spirit', and tells 'our spirit' things, then they cannot be the same spirit. If they are the same Spirit, that would mean that the 'Holy Spirit' is talking to itself, and telling itself information about itself in Romans 8:16. Does that make sense to you?
NO. JAMES 2:26; John 7:39; Ephesians 3:5. Can you see the word Spirit and it is capitalized without the word Holy. How do you explain James which says the body without the Spirit is dead???

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
NO. JAMES 2:26; John 7:39; Ephesians 3:5. Can you see the word Spirit and it is capitalized without the word Holy. How do you explain James which says the body without the Spirit is dead???
What translation did you use? I looked at 20 translations of this scripture and found the word 'spirit' to be not capitalized.

When the spirit is not capitalized, it means the translators are trying to tell you that the word
'spirit' in this context is 'your personal spirit', not the HS, which is always captitalized whether there is the adjective Holy before it or not.

I did not even look at the other scriptures you quoted after I found out that in James 2:26 the word 'spirit' is not captitalized. I suspect they are talking about the HS and spirit is captitalized.

Respond to Post #222.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Ephesians 3:5 "in the Spirit" means there is no difference; Ephesians 4:30; John 7:39; 1 Thessalonians 4:8
"in the Spirit" means a person was filled by the HS and recieved information directly from the HS. This is what Romans 8:16 is trying to tell you. The 'HS' can come directly into your body and talk to your personal 'spirit' and information is passed. That is what revelation is about.

Prophets receive revelation when the 'HS' comes into their bodies and talks directly to 'their personal spirit' and they then know the mind and will of God directly from a visitation of the 'HS'.

That is what "in the Spirit" means.

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
"in the Spirit" means a person was filled by the HS and recieved information directly from the HS. This is what Romans 8:16 is trying to tell you. The 'HS' can come directly into your body and talk to your personal 'spirit' and information is passed. That is what revelation is about.

Prophets receive revelation when the 'HS' comes into their bodies and talks directly to 'their personal spirit' and they then know the mind and will of God directly from a visitation of the 'HS'. That is what "in the Spirit" means.
Personal spirit? never heard of that one, scripture?

Upvote 0

Anto9us

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2013
Texas
✟95,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Heb 4:12
For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword,

piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit,

and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Man is body, soul and spirit - tri-partite.

If ya don't bleev it -- YOU A HAIRY-TICK -- and know nada.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Personal spirit? never heard of that one, scripture?
Read again:
Luke 8:55
This scripture uses the words, 'her spirit'. That sounds real personal to me.

Read again:
Romans 8:16
This scripture uses the words, 'our spirit'. That sounds real personal to me.

If you need more let me know.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Heb 4:12
For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword,

piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit,

and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Man is body, soul and spirit - tri-partite.

If ya don't bleev it -- YOU A HAIRY-TICK -- and know nada.

I don't want to be labeled a 'hairy-tick', and a 'know nada', but I want to point out 1 scripture and talk about it:
Genesis 2:7
7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

So Adam at this time had a body of flesh and bone. God breathes into his nostrils the 'breath of life' (which I call the 'spirit'). And the scripture says that Adam became a living soul.

So the natural question is, what makes up the soul of man.
According to the scripture it is made up of 2 things:
1) body of flesh and bone
2) spirit

So to me, the soul of man = his body and spirit (2 parts). The body is dead without the spirit.

Let me know what you think.

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Read again:
Luke 8:55
This scripture uses the words, 'her spirit'. That sounds real personal to me.

Read again:
Romans 8:16
This scripture uses the words, 'our spirit'. That sounds real personal to me.

If you need more let me know.
her spirit: This expression, thus used of one who has been Dead, strongly implies, that at death the Spirit not only exists separately, but returns and is re-united to the body when it is raised from the dead. 1 Kings 17:21-23; John 11:44

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

fatboys

Senior Veteran
Nov 18, 2003
✟53,575.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Of course we have a personal spirit.

As far as the uncials, that were in all caps, we have HUNDREDS of NT manuscripts where no capitalization is used at all in Koine Greek -- other than first word in a sentence or a quotation, or first letter of a proper name.

Majority of manuscripts have no punctuation, rarely ANY capital letters, no ch vs divisions (that was WAY later) big whoop

There are 2500 to 3000 manuscripts of part or all of NT

Brothers and sisters, my computer is crashing

If I fail to appear in future, do not think I have apostasized

I will post til I crash

I have not -- and will not -- commit apostasy
And from all those thousands of manuscripts there is not one original among them.

Upvote 0