Well they talked me into it at work!!! I am so weak!

isabella1

All is in God's hand!
Nov 23, 2007
Home
✟20,118.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Well they did it. Shamed me right into getting the flu shot. I am so disappointed in myself that I did not stand my ground and dot get it.

Now I feel sick. One hour after I got it, I got the chills a headache, and had to run to the restroom. When I got home, I looked like a ghost, still headache, chills, and now an upset stomach, and my eyes burn.

YUCK!!!! :o What did I do to myself darn it!

They got me with, "you know you work in a hospital, and sick people come here for a reason, and if you happen to contract the virus, you don't want to give it to these already challenged preemies." Then they added, "Wasn't your daughter born with a suppressed immune system? You don't want to take anything home to her do you?" (Of course no how stupid of questions.)

Then final straw that broke me was.... "I sure hope that when you go on your honeymoon in March, you don't get sick."

They wore me down. I kind of raised my voice to the charge Nurse and said, "Just give me the darn thing (but I used another word in place of darn), and if I get sick you are in BIG trouble!"

Well here I am, home now, and don't have to work the next two days, but feel sick!!!!

Darn them! Pressure.........................Gets the best of me every time.:doh:

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,768.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I know that the regular flu vaccine is a "dead" virus. I have gotten one at work the past few years and never had a problem.

I'm not sure about the swine flu vaccine, but if it is a "live" virus I'd be a little bit wary, too. Nevertheless, I am sometimes in contact with the elderly on my job and if I am told to take it, I will.

Upvote 0

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Well they did it. Shamed me right into getting the flu shot. I am so disappointed in myself that I did not stand my ground and dot get it.

Now I feel sick. One hour after I got it, I got the chills a headache, and had to run to the restroom. When I got home, I looked like a ghost, still headache, chills, and now an upset stomach, and my eyes burn.

YUCK!!!! :o What did I do to myself darn it!

They got me with, "you know you work in a hospital, and sick people come here for a reason, and if you happen to contract the virus, you don't want to give it to these already challenged preemies." Then they added, "Wasn't your daughter born with a suppressed immune system? You don't want to take anything home to her do you?" (Of course no how stupid of questions.)

Then final straw that broke me was.... "I sure hope that when you go on your honeymoon in March, you don't get sick."

They wore me down. I kind of raised my voice to the charge Nurse and said, "Just give me the darn thing (but I used another word in place of darn), and if I get sick you are in BIG trouble!"

Well here I am, home now, and don't have to work the next two days, but feel sick!!!!

Darn them! Pressure.........................Gets the best of me every time.:doh:

There are two flu shots:
seasonal vaccine
H1N1- commonly called the swine flu vaccine

Which one did they give you?

Oh, I have been told that if you must get the flu shot (either one) immediately put a cold pack on your arm for about 48 hours off and on. It reduces the flu symptoms and the pain at the injection site.

I am very allergic to egg, so I cannot and will not get one.

Upvote 0

Anygma

Oct 22, 2006
NB
✟9,426.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
oh dear Isabella, :hug: i'm sorry to hear you feel sick like that :(
i'm surprised you took it after the experience you had with it in the past. they should be held accountable for disrespecting your choice and imposing theirs on you by compensating you for all the hours lost being sick :(

if possible, report adverse effects to the CDC.

and try to boost your immune system as high as you can by all means possible and try to do cleanses to get as much of the toxins as possible out of you asap.

i'll keep you in my prayers, that you feel better soon and have no further sequel :hug::prayer:

Upvote 0

isabella1

All is in God's hand!
Nov 23, 2007
Home
✟20,118.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I know that the regular flu vaccine is a "dead" virus. I have gotten one at work the past few years and never had a problem.

I'm not sure about the swine flu vaccine, but if it is a "live" virus I'd be a little bit wary, too. Nevertheless, I am sometimes in contact with the elderly on my job and if I am told to take it, I will.
I am not sure about the swine (H1N1) if it is live or not. Didn't get that one, and it will not be our until next month.
I don't understand the fear of getting a flu shot.
Not a fear at all. It's all about the reactions to past vaccinations. And the questionable documentation of it working, along with the poor studies by the drug companies before it enters the market.
There are two flu shots:
seasonal vaccine
H1N1- commonly called the swine flu vaccine

Which one did they give you?

Oh, I have been told that if you must get the flu shot (either one) immediately put a cold pack on your arm for about 48 hours off and on. It reduces the flu symptoms and the pain at the injection site.

I am very allergic to egg, so I cannot and will not get one.
I had the seasonal vaccine. And I always react this way to it. I should of just known better and ran out of the office.

Now you tell me about the cold pack.:doh:^_^ I think it's a little to late for me.

oh dear Isabella, :hug: I'm sorry to hear you feel sick like that :(
I'm surprised you took it after the experience you had with it in the past. they should be held accountable for disrespecting your choice and imposing theirs on you by compensating you for all the hours lost being sick :(

if possible, report adverse effects to the CDC.

and try to boost your immune system as high as you can by all means possible and try to do cleanses to get as much of the toxins as possible out of you asap.

I'll keep you in my prayers, that you feel better soon and have no further sequel :hug::prayer:
You are so right. My past experiences save shown me a lot. Well when the H1N1 comes out next month. I am running for the hills. They are not going to bully me into a vaccine again. I for sure am not letting my daughter get either. I really was concerned (the way they were acting today), that if I so much as got a cold, they would make me take time off work because I am in and out of the babies isolates all the time, getting foot and hand prints etc.

I think this time I will report the effects, I wrote them down and the time of the shot and the time of the onsets.

I am going to snuggle up in my bed soon here, after I get my daughter settled. Maybe she will lay in the bed with me and brush my hair or rub my head. With her tension span, it might last five min. LOL

Ugh. Where is Joab when I need him. Oh ya, off making money for the wedding on a business trip. :sorry:

Thats ok, I'm a big girl and use to taking care of myself. I am just on a pity pot. Won't stay there to long, the only thing I get from sitting there is a ring around my butt.^_^

Upvote 0

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, United States
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
My sympathies. Last year my husband and I got the supposedly nice (from dead flu virus) annual flu shot. Arm sore, weak and feverish, I ended up doing a "header" into the flower bed--just missing the cement border. (Couldn't drive myself to Mass and my husband was also too sick to drive for a couple of days.) I keep wondering if it wasn't better to just take the risk of actually getting the flu. ;) )

Even so, my husband and I are planning on getting that flu shot this weekend. But frankly they can keep the swine flu one. (I saw "I Am Legend".)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Victrixa

Dear Lord have mercy on me!
Mar 23, 2004
Québec, Canada
✟8,021.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My father got sick with the flu shot too, in the past.

I was wondering... when you get sick from the flu shot, do you catch any flus or colds the rest of the year after the shot? Or do you become ill with that shot and after that you don't catch any viruses at all?

Upvote 0

isabella1

All is in God's hand!
Nov 23, 2007
Home
✟20,118.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
This is a must see on you tube (posted on Dr. Mercolas web site). Dr. Blaylock is a very highly respected researcher and former Nero surgeon. I wish I would of saw this before today, it would of given me the extra courage to tell them at work "No thanks" and stand my ground. And please not attacks or comments to me for using Dr. Mercola's references. Just listen to the clips, and take it or leave it. Thanks.

What to do If You Are Forced to Take Swine Flu Shot

Upvote 0

isabella1

All is in God's hand!
Nov 23, 2007
Home
✟20,118.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I want to add my thoughts on these clips. No wonder why we see so many babies born with birth defects, and a heightened number of childhood disorders. Many of them are "Vaccine related disorders"! We as adults for the past 30 to 40 years have been passing on the vaccine related disorders form the vaccines we have received as children. It is now in our DNA! Sad so sad!!!!!!

It amazes me how the public is kept out of the loop. I read medical journals all the time at work (just to pass time while eating lunch), and many of them are not released to the public. And if they are people would not know how or where to look for the correct information anyhow.

Upvote 0

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
To be honest I really do not see the vaccine related evidence for autism and other defects. An argument can be made on both sides, but I tend to have some serious questions not answered by vaccine opponents. Now there are some vaccines, due to how they are made, that I will not morally take or let Lily have. Those from aborted fetus lines are the ones I am talking about, such as chicken pox. In some cases there is an alternative.

It is one of those issues I looked at for so long in making the decisions for Lily. And I have access to every medical journal through the library, even the ones that are hard to get because of our medical college affiliation. The current CDC vaccination schedule is acceptable to me (taking into account the factors above about the aborted fetus lines as an exception). But I have seen some vaccination schedules that are totally unreasonable.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

isabella1

All is in God's hand!
Nov 23, 2007
Home
✟20,118.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I still am feeling quite under the weather today. Headache is gone, but still have the chills, diarrhea, feel tired, and my whole body aches. Tried the cold compress, but it was to late for that to work.

I think I am going to get out my detox machine that I had in My Natural Health practice. It is the only way that I know of that will pull out all the toxins from my body in a quick and safe way. Maybe I will feel better after I start using it. It will take me 10 sessions, done every other day, to get it all out.

**NOTE**
Here is the recommended Supplements in the best combination to combat the flu season. A good Multivitamin, Vit. C, Vit E with Selenium, and an absolute must is Vit D3. The safe recommended doses of Vit D3 for children are 2000 to 3000 units daily and in adults it is 5000 to 10,000 units daily.

Upvote 0

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Now I will add that in the 80's vaccines had too much thimerosal and that could be a problem. But that is not the case today, since there are only trace amounts of it in children vaccines (if any) and though it is more frequently present in adult vaccines it is not as much of a problem in those and not as prevalent as in the 80's and before. But we need to always be informed on what goes into us.

Upvote 0

isabella1

All is in God's hand!
Nov 23, 2007
Home
✟20,118.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
To be honest I really do not see the vaccine related evidence for autism and other defects. An argument can be made on both sides, but I tend to have some serious questions not answered by vaccine opponents. Now there are some vaccines, due to how they are made, that I will not morally take or let Lily have. Those from aborted fetus lines are the ones I am talking about, such as chicken pox. In some cases there is an alternative.

It is one of those issues I looked at for so long in making the decisions for Lily. And I have access to every medical journal through the library, even the ones that are hard to get because of our medical college affiliation. The current CDC vaccination schedule is acceptable to me (taking into account the factors above about the aborted fetus lines as an exception). But I have seen some vaccination schedules that are totally unreasonable.
I am right with you there David. :) And i figured you of all people would have access to what the general public do not have.

I do believe that some vaccinations are good and necessary. But the others are just...like you said unreasonable.

Upvote 0

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I still am feeling quite under the weather today. Headache is gone, but still have the chills, diarrhea, feel tired, and my whole body aches. Tried the cold compress, but it was to late for that to work.

I think I am going to get out my detox machine that I had in My Natural Health practice. It is the only way that I know of that will pull out all the toxins from my body in a quick and safe way. Maybe I will feel better after I start using it. It will take me 10 sessions, done every other day, to get it all out.

**NOTE**
Here is the recommended Supplements in the best combination to combat the flu season. A good Multivitamin, Vit. C, Vit E with Selenium, and an absolute must is Vit D3. The safe recommended doses of Vit D3 for children are 2000 to 3000 units daily and in adults it is 5000 to 10,000 units daily.

I really hope you feel better. You have my prayers.

Upvote 0