We want to hear how you've been healed by the Lord!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Im-revived

Working for God, through our Lord.
May 5, 2005
England
✟7,494.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
UK-Labour
I'm hoping you'll keep this going but I thout it would be a good idea for members to actually type out how they've been healed, or prayers answered. Like mine healed of cancer in April. These can be big or small there still miracles, its a post we can always post on for this. Lets see what the Lord has done Aye!!!!!!!!!
Please keep it going.

Im-revived:preach:

njcl

Jun 10, 2005
✟9,546.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
hmmm ive suffered 9 years of suicidal depression,i mean id rather be dead than face that again as i was living just to be tormented,id have 2 weeks of unremitant hell followed by maybe a week of lesser misery then back to the serious depression again,stayed in bed or else id have to had commited suicide,had a revelation in march i think,wont go into it but ive not had 1 single day of depression since and wont have from now on,im even beginning to cut down on my medication so i can be free from taking it

Upvote 0

JPPT1974

May 2024 Spring Fever!
Mar 18, 2004
Small Town, USA
✟570,017.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I feel like I try to do nice things for my family but everytime I am ignored. And that is the thanks I get. I try to be nice and go out of my way for my family and nephews and nieces. It is like an insult to my face. I am not doing this out of arrogance or ignorance. But I feel as though I haven't been appreciated lately. Please, my heart and soul are broken! Thanks!

Upvote 0

onebit

Dec 12, 2004
In Heaven
Visit site
✟8,112.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
With An Outstretched Arm
by Billy Bevan

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]It was a hot summer and I was facing an increasing battle that I was losing. Much like the sudden loss and destruction that a man named Job experienced in the oldest book of the Bible, the borders of my earthly possessions were being robbed and destroyed. The shade tree provided little relief from the heat as I read eagerly the story of Job. Since my encounter with Jesus in 1999 I had found the Bible to be a source of comfort, knowledge and wisdom for my every need. I could hardly stand the sufferings of Job and the great loss he faced in the day of his calamity. My story of suffering and loss has just begun, but for those who want to hear the joyful outcome and to those who know the goodness of God endure this and read on.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Afflicted[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I was without work as I had just walked out of my job. The confusion was becoming a daily battle. I did not know why I was becoming mentally confused but it was robbing me of my focus. Knowing the spiritual realm somewhat as a Christian, I knew that it was the devil who was bringing this affliction on me. The battle got so bad that I couldn’t perform my work any more and I was forced to quit. I never had a known enemy until I became a Christian. I never knew the power of God until I knew Christ. Prior to my entrance into God’s Kingdom I was in the hands of the enemy of my soul and never knew it. An unseen enemy is the worst to have. Taking drugs that destroy your mind and getting behind the wheel when your drunk is all fun when you are doing it - but wait until you come to Christ and see the reality in His light. The devil is out to destroy in the most silent atrocity ever, called unbelief. It is no wonder Jesus exposed him for who he is. The devil is come to steal, kill, and destroy. I did not know the path that laid ahead of me as I finished the book of Job; little did I know that the book would foreshadow my life in the coming years- I would lose everything.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The agony of confusion wore itself like a noose that slowly grew tighter around my neck. Bills came due and my finances were now dwindling away. It was only time until I retreated from society. The affliction was taking hold and I knew the source but not the cause. I was growing increasingly depressed as I was now living in my car in the mountains. I told myself I was only temporarily camping. But as time became an enemy the snare was set. I couldn’t think my way out of the situation. Food would eventually become a necessity that I could not provide for. I prayed earnestly for help and my situation eventually got worse. I couldn’t understand why my life had taken such a sudden turn. My hope in God was fading and questions arose like a flood of many waters. What was I going to do? Suddenly things took a deeper plunge. I awoke at my camp site with deputy Sheriffs surrounding my camp site. I had been turned in as a despondent person by a nearby camper. I was now delivered into the hands of men. [/font]

Upvote 0

onebit

Dec 12, 2004
In Heaven
Visit site
✟8,112.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Restrained[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]It was 6 am when I was awakened by a complete stranger strapping a rubber band around my arm. “Billy we need to take a sample of your blood.” They mentioned to me in the darkness of the hospital ward. What was happening to me I thought. I had been placed in a mental hospital against my will. It was only time when I would be faced with giving an account to the doctors as to why I was there. In fact my answer was not one that many would believe. I was being spiritually attacked with confusion. Not many people factor in the spiritual realm when dealing with people. Jesus clearly did all throughout the Gospels- but not all believe in Jesus or the knowledge he shared. I gave my account and later was diagnosed with incurable schizophrenia. I never accepted the diagnosis and refused medication. I had no earthly refuge as my family would not take me in until I went on medication - they believed the doctors reports. I felt like Christ did when he was held captive against his will for a decree that was false in it’s entirety. It was only time before I died to myself. In the walls of the mental hospital is where I began to die to the image I once saw of myself. The doctors then began to plan to move me to the state ward for a longer stay. [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Fear arose in me as I saw that my future could lie within the walls of a hospital cell. I couldn’t do anything about my condition nor my situation. My only hope was in God. I prayed with new expectancy, away from the cameras that monitored my room, on my knees in the bathroom. I asked the greatest power I knew, the Father, to open the doors that no man was willing to open and give me to the first open door that would accept me in. In a day I was released! The doctors had suddenly changed their mind and gave me a shuttle bus ride to the Open Door Mission - a Christian operated homeless shelter. I humbly accepted. The Lord had brought me into a larger place through doors no man could open. The battle was far from over.[/font]

Upvote 0

onebit

Dec 12, 2004
In Heaven
Visit site
✟8,112.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Homeless[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Now estranged from family, and my friends long gone I walked the streets vulnerable and the weakest I had ever been in my whole life. I had five dollars given to me and had with me just one pair of clothes - the ones I was wearing. I was thankful to God for the Open Door and all I had, yet wondered about my distant future. Confusion still came and the mental anguish left me hiding in fear in the dark shadows, the nooks and crannies of ally ways and places where men bed down for a night or two. Yes I was fortunate to have a shelter at night - but it was the day time where I found where the less fortunate had stayed. Fear is what led me to these day time hideaways. One particular place I sat, I dubbed “The Place of Tears”. It is where the oppressed and forgotten hid from the sneer of man. These people faced circumstances they could not change with wounds they could not bind. When you are oppressed and afflicted there is only one Deliverer. I knew him like some and unlike many. I didn’t know his might yet. It was this “Place of Tears” where I saw a sea of humanity lying before me in a variety of colored glass shards, as broken booze bottles littered the ground all around me. I could see how thousands upon thousands of lives were being destroyed, and mine now layed in balance. Temptations swirled within me to just give up and take up drinking as a way to escape like so many others visibly had done. Life and death was before me in a strange unnerving way. I could either keep my faith in God to bring me through this or turn away from him and embrace hopelessness as so many became blinded by. Though the path was not easy to see, I found my self at the mercy of God, I chose to continue on in faith that by God’s hand I would live through this. I prayed in the hushed corner of despair, “Lord build me up!” [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Heavenly Strength
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The “Place of Tears” became a place I would return to, but this time with greater hope. The next day I was walking under the cool shade by the river, when I decided that I needed to hear from the Lord. The Bible gives solid proof through Jesus’ infallible words, that “My sheep know my voice.” Though I had shared with the doctors that I often heard the Lord’s voice and they discounted it as Schizophrenia - I didn’t let their unbelief and disapproval stop me. I knelt by the river and prayed earnestly to the Lord and said “Jesus, what do I do?”. I waited with anticipation to hear his voice. It came to me in my heart as I heard the soft yet firm voice quote a passage of scripture to me. Joy and peace entered my Spirit as I heard him say “He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth his Spirit.” This is a gift of the Holy Spirit spoken of in 1st Corinthians. I knew what He was talking about. This is where many hearts may skip through the rest of the text and begin to skim, but I encourage you not to let things you haven’t experience make you uncomfortable. This very gift is given by the Holy Spirit and embodies a heavenly language that is imparted into your Spirit where the recipient is then enabled to pray to God in a language that only God understands through the Spirit. The Gift enables the one praying to utter words in a heavenly language that our earthly language is limited to express. It is a perfect prayer, in that it is by the Eternal Spirit, with in those who have been born again, that communicates directly with God in that same Spirit. One of the known benefits, as noted in the scripture that was quoted to me, is that it edifies your spirit. The word ‘edify’ in the original Greek, that the New Testament was written in, is defined as building something up. In my case it was an answer to the prayer I prayed before leaving “The Place of Tears”. The Lord wanted me to build myself up in the Spirit by a gift he had already given me. [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]It was years before, shortly after my Salvation in Christ, when I had received this heavenly gift. It was an amazing time! I was praying with other Christians to receive this gift when suddenly a heavenly surge of power entered my being and my heart was filled with indescribable joy and peace. I suddenly responded apart from my intellect, but through the Spirit as gleeful utterances poured forth from my heart back to God. I felt a divine connection to the Father at that time. It was so pure and lovely that I continued for hours, praying in this new found language. [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Well it was a gift that I had neglected to see it’s worth and power in my life. Only days later would this very gift be brought to my attention again. It was Sunday and I attended a small assembly of believers next to the shelter to find to my joy that it was the same people that I visited in 1999 when I encounter Christ. They had moved to a new location. This once Southern Baptist congregation now was teaching the message of Pentecost, when in the book of Acts the believers were baptized in the Holy Spirit and began speaking in other tongues. This not only was further confirmation and encouragement from the Lord but transforming for me. I returned to the ally by the tracks and joyfully prayed in the Spirit. In time I regained strength and began to move to higher grounds.[/font]

[/font]

Upvote 0

onebit

Dec 12, 2004
In Heaven
Visit site
✟8,112.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Tribulations[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Before things got better I hit some cold realities. One was that the gift gave me strength but it did not free me from the devilish affliction. The second came when I missed an important dinner at the Shelter. Sunday dinners were a time for the operators of the shelter to come to know those who were benefitted by the provided shelter. I was out praying late that afternoon and missed the dinner. Under house rules I wasn’t allowed back. I then was told of another shelter. The last known shelter in town. They too refused me because I was uninformed of their house rules and had not spent consecutive nights their at their shelter and they would not allow me in. I had spent only a few nights there in the week prior and they required me to continue if I wished to stay. Not knowing left with no known shelter and a dark, cold winter night ahead on the streets. Snow began to fall and my heart filled with a brief fear as I mouthed “Where do I go from hear?”. Then a comforting voice encouraged me in my heart, “Be not afraid, I am with you.”, it was the Lord. I was then given knowledge of a warm place to go to eat a sub a friend bought me earlier that day. It was a warm laundry mat across town. As I had dinner with my last known friend, Jesus, He encouraged me to call my Mom. Knowing she had refused to take me in when I was in the shelter. I knew that it would have to be the mercy of God to have changed her mind. I made the call from a payphone just outside as the temperatures continued to drop. Once again a door was opened that no man could open on his own. Soon I was in the warm cab of my mother’s pickup truck heading for a loving house.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I suffered onward for over a year with demonic oppression. Indescribable thought’s would enter my mind. Mental confusion and pain. I could hardly concentrate to eat a meal. Over time I began to have swirling sensations go through out my mind that made me lose my balance and to stagger. I had a tremor that began to manifest in my right arm. I also faced isolation from people, as I hid myself and often drove hours out of sight to go and pray when things got real bad. No one understood that it was a spiritual affliction. Many times I would be in the mountains and would be near a cliff overlooking a valley and a devilish voice would say “Jump.”, “Your God doesn’t care for you, or he would help you, jump.” I was so weak and discouraged at times that I would have to pray to God earnestly for the temptation to leave me. Thanks be to God that He was always faithful to meet me and rescue my fragile life. The source was evident to me but what was the cause for allowing this source to afflict my life. I did not know until I prayed for knowledge.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Answers[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I fasted often while seeking God, these were the times I was away from home and without food, so I considered many of these times fasts. I honored them as such but many times I wanted a meal. One such time I was many miles out side of any town and off a mountain highway and my car had electrical problems that sent me seeking an available phone. I met a gentleman that had no phone but had knowledge. He came to my aid. Not only did he fix my ignition switch but came over with an arm load of groceries that he lovingly gave me. I was so thrilled because this was one of the times when I was without food and a fast was not what I needed at the time. I never went long with out the things I needed. In fact God's timing was always just right. The Lord began showing me on more than one occasion in the mountains while in prayer that when I had done drugs prior to my salvation in ‘99 I had opened a door to the demonic. Drugs are a chemical yet they also open your very spirit to a realm of deception. This was later confirmed to me in many ways. I now knew the cause for the affliction. I prayed and asked for a doctor that knew about my condition physically. I slowly learned that there is also a physical manifestation of the spiritual side of things. Though the doctor claimed my condition was purely a physical malady he confirmed the things the Lord showed me. The Lord had showed me that I had neurological damage and that these critical path ways had been altered by these drugs allowing for further spiritual activity in my weakened state. I was also shown by the Lord that I wasn’t maintaining a correct level of neurons in my brain which was one of the causes for the confusion and mental weakness. As the Lord showed me these things I asked that He would confirm them to me. The doctor confirmed everything to me that the Lord had shown me about the physical. It was a fact that I had damaged my neurological pathways which transmit thought. But what many doctors fail to realize is that you cannot separate your spirit from your mental, emotional, and physical body and just treat the body. Jesus approached many with neurological problems and rebuked spirits within them and told them to come out of them. Another confirmation of the knowledge that I was given by God was found in the bible. In Revelations it says that in the end days people will not repent of their sorceries. The word sorceries in the Greek translation is the Greek word Pharmicon. This word is one root of the same word we get our modern term Pharmacy. The word Pharmicon is used in this text in a negative way as to mean a ‘poisoner’ or one who makes a poison. This word equates street drugs to sorcery. Who could be the druggist or poisoner? I found all this interesting and kept it to my self. The only questions that I was left with is why would I suffer now after so many years of living a relatively peaceful life since my days of drug use? My next question was equally important what do I do next?[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]After much prayer, like a heaven sent breeze God opened the Bible to and showed me the wisdom of Jesus.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mat 12:43 When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none. [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mat 12:44 Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished. [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mat 12:45 Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first.

I now knew what had happened. But what would set me free from these evil spirits that came to me frequently in tormenting ways? I had started medication and it was helping me physically and was definitely the mercy of God but it did not end the spiritual affliction I faced. Again God communicated to me by having me open my Bible to the same place three days in a row. He had me read David in the Psalms who cried out to the Lord for deliverance from his enemies. His enemies were too strong for him and he could only find help in the Lord. I began to pray for deliverance from my enemies. Then the Lord spoke to me in the mountains one afternoon in prayer, He said as I traversed the rock pinnacles of the ridge, “I will heal you among my people”. I had mixed emotions and many things to face before I accepted this.
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Deliverance[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I was so tormented that I didn’t want to be around people, I often left my mother’s house for days at a time without food. I just couldn’t handle this affliction any longer. I wanted God to heal me directly. I soon learned that God has a will and He always provides within his will. He wanted all the glory and I had to come to terms with that. In his eyes he would be more glorified, in my case, if I were healed among other people so that He would be seen as a mighty deliverer and that it would be known that He heals and delivers today. I tried many things before I finally found his outstretched hand of deliverance. Many people had been the hand of the Lord to me and I did not know it. The Bible teaches that as many as are born again and possess Christ’s Spirit within them that they are literally the body of Christ. Each person having a particular function and purpose within His body. All being directed by the head which is Jesus. All possessing unity in one body, by one Spirit, to the edification of one another in love. Many people had ministered to me in ways that were to the furtherance of my life. Finally I accepted God’s way of bringing healing to me. [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A friend drove me to a nearby assembly of Christians. The message was packed full of interesting stories about people who had demonic problems, illnesses, and things that afflicted them that were delivered and set free by the power of God. I was amazed! Then this humble man said “Is there any one of God’s children that need to be set free?” I didn’t hesitate. I moved myself to the front. Then it was like my faith dwindled. The preacher noticed it and said with a sigh “Father give us your Grace for the work you have for us.”. This man then grabbed me by the top of my head with his hand in a manner that resembled large forceps. He then began to shake. I didn’t understand what was happening. Then suddenly I began to shake under an unseen power source. Then next thing I noticed was that this small man was lifting me off my feet on to my tippy toes by the power that was flowing through him. Then with one fell swoop, this man swung at my abdomen and a power above anything I ever experienced in my life knocked me off my feet and into the air. I fell in what felt like a pillow of feathers. The strange thing is - he never even touched me. This power was like lightning had struck the stage. Everyone was to there feet in amazement. Some even to see if I were still alive I am sure. It was the unseen hand of God that had touched me. Though the man was an instrument, God delivered me! The first thing I did was move my legs and I noticed that stiffness had left. I moved my arms freely- no tremors. Confusion was gone as well. I was free![/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The months to come were still difficult. The spiritual forces that I had been delivered from tried to come back again. They began speaking to me and soon confusion came with it but I refused to allow what God had done for me to be done in vain. The devil tried to reintroduce symptoms and make me think that what I had experience never happened. But I knew the freedom and fought hard with a new confidence to keep the victory. Once a battle is won you may have to defend the territory gained but there is assurance in God’s might. I am now healthy. I have no more tremors, difficulty walking, or any sign of struggle or confusion. I have a sound mind and a growing power that now aids me. Christ truly is a deliverer! His arm is not shortened nor is he a respecter of persons. Turn to Christ today and he will show you freedom and mysteries yet to discover.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I have learned that God is our refuge and strength in the time of need. He will never leave his own nor forsake them. He is a true and living God. A God who can be trusted and one that is present in the time of trouble. Though his timing may not be as we want, it is always beautiful. Though I lost everything dear to me, even my life as I knew it, I gained a new understanding of who my identity is in Christ. I have died with him, was buried with him, and now live in Him forever in Righteousness. I part with these word from Jesus:[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Joh 8:31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
Joh 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
[/font]

Reactions: Im-revived
Upvote 0

Im-revived

May 5, 2005
England
✟7,494.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
UK-Labour
May the Lord really heal your hurting heart jppt trust and have faith that he will heal this! God Bless you Amen:groupray:
JPPT1974 said:
I feel like I try to do nice things for my family but everytime I am ignored. And that is the thanks I get. I try to be nice and go out of my way for my family and nephews and nieces. It is like an insult to my face. I am not doing this out of arrogance or ignorance. But I feel as though I haven't been appreciated lately. Please, my heart and soul are broken! Thanks!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Im-revived

May 5, 2005
England
✟7,494.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
UK-Labour
:amen: Excellant njcl the Lord is pulling and has got you through God Bless
njcl said:
hmmm ive suffered 9 years of suicidal depression,i mean id rather be dead than face that again as i was living just to be tormented,id have 2 weeks of unremitant hell followed by maybe a week of lesser misery then back to the serious depression again,stayed in bed or else id have to had commited suicide,had a revelation in march i think,wont go into it but ive not had 1 single day of depression since and wont have from now on,im even beginning to cut down on my medication so i can be free from taking it

Upvote 0

Im-revived

May 5, 2005
England
✟7,494.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
UK-Labour
:amen: Thankyou and bless you women at the well
woman.at.the.well said:
a life of sin, nasty lumps in my breast, drug addiction, alcohol addiction, and on Oct. 25th it will be one year that the Lord took the smoking addiction away from me. Praise Him! Hallelujah! Amen! He is awesome!

Great idea Im-revived!:hug: Praise God for all these healings. I am forever grateful and in awe of Him.

Upvote 0

JPPT1974

May 2024 Spring Fever!
Mar 18, 2004
Small Town, USA
✟570,017.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I suffer from depression and aspbergers but also I feel as though there is a reason the Lord is making me have these. Perhaps it is for His greater purpose as well as drawling me closer to Him. That I have the love and support of family and people. And most of all, the Lord. I know He will reveal His plan to me later or sooner, it is up to Him!

Upvote 0

Im-revived

May 5, 2005
England
✟7,494.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
UK-Labour
You sure may suffer JPPT but you are right its for a greater purpose, this is how you get through by the Lords power within you. He does have a wonderful plan for you and the answered prayer or healing here is that you are led by him, have strength through him although you have illnessess. Praise the Lord and God Bless.

Im-revived:wave:
JPPT1974 said:
I suffer from depression and aspbergers but also I feel as though there is a reason the Lord is making me have these. Perhaps it is for His greater purpose as well as drawling me closer to Him. That I have the love and support of family and people. And most of all, the Lord. I know He will reveal His plan to me later or sooner, it is up to Him!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.