• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Things seem like they're about to get bad

The Righterzpen

Jesus is my Shield in any Desert or Storm
Feb 9, 2019
Western NY
Visit site
✟144,607.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
yeah I mentioned it earlier, I had it since I was 18, didn't get diagnosed till 26 (cause doctors don't really look for gout in patients who are younger and under 200 pounds), couldn't get it managed with diet or medications until we also found that I had psoriatic arthritis and we targeted treating that and then the gout became managable as well.
I got the tophi at about 30, so I've had it for about 13 years, and it progressively got worse, and really took off after I had to drop the 2 medications that were helping with the psoriatic arthritis. The uloric I take gets my uric acid under 7 which I know under 6 is the goal but nothing has been able to get there except the IV recombinant uricase enzyme which worked for a couple of treatments and then I developed antibodies to it so it was no longer effective, uric acid shot back up to almost 11.

When not trying to manage the gout at all my uric acid is over 12, especially during attacks. With diet changes or medications I can get it down to 8-10. With both, somewhere between 6-8.
What do they think is the cause of this. Do they think it's genetic?

They think my son's epilepsy is genetic too; but at current, they haven't found any evidence to substantiate that hypothesis. He also has a cluster of malformed blood vessels in his brain; which has been shown on rare other occasions to cause the same form of epilepsy; although seizure disorders that usually only present with eyelid myoclonus are usually one form of genetic epilepsy. Not always the case but! With him though, because of the type of malformation in his brain (vein) and where it's located (middle of the left temporal lobe) it's basically inoperable without causing serious damage to his speech center.

Epilepsy surgery; (which has good results and is generally very safe) just isn't advanced enough at this point to address his type of issue. And.... I don't know if it ever will be; (n his lifetime) - If we're even here that long? There's a lot about the brain that we just don't know; so, his neurology team in Detroit would rather err on the side of caution than potentially cause devastating damage to his brain. Despite the fact the medication doesn't totally control the seizures.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,423.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
What do they think is the cause of this. Do they think it's genetic?

They think my son's epilepsy is genetic too; but at current, they haven't found any evidence to substantiate that hypothesis. He also has a cluster of malformed blood vessels in his brain; which has been shown on rare other occasions to cause the same form of epilepsy; although seizure disorders that usually only present with eyelid myoclonus are usually one form of genetic epilepsy. Not always the case but! With him though, because of the type of malformation in his brain (vein) and where it's located (middle of the left temporal lobe) it's basically inoperable without causing serious damage to his speech center.

Epilepsy surgery; (which has good results and is generally very safe) just isn't advanced enough at this point to address his type of issue. And.... I don't know if it ever will be; (n his lifetime) - If we're even here that long? There's a lot about the brain that we just don't know; so, his neurology team in Detroit would rather err on the side of caution than potentially cause devastating damage to his brain. Despite the fact the medication doesn't totally control the seizures.

It's genetic, my grandfather and one of my uncles also deal with it but it's not as aggressive as mine. For my grandfather avoiding beer/alcohol was basically enough. For my uncle he doesn't even avoid alcohol, just shellfish and diuretics would trigger it for him.

For me.. I gotta whole list of "cannot eat", a list of "limit to once a week", and then the "we're trying something new" always has to be done carefully looking at each ingredient to see if anything is triggering in there and sometimes we find something new.
Like "oh these are pork and chicken based meatballs you should be able to eat these", eat them, blow up, wonder why, look at the ingredients more carefully "oh, it had soy sauce"

But in this case I am avoiding triggering foods just.. this bout with covid must have sparked my immune system.

Upvote 0

The Righterzpen

Feb 9, 2019
Western NY
Visit site
✟144,607.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
It's genetic, my grandfather and one of my uncles also deal with it but it's not as aggressive as mine. For my grandfather avoiding beer/alcohol was basically enough. For my uncle he doesn't even avoid alcohol, just shellfish and diuretics would trigger it for him.

For me.. I gotta whole list of "cannot eat", a list of "limit to once a week", and then the "we're trying something new" always has to be done carefully looking at each ingredient to see if anything is triggering in there and sometimes we find something new.
Like "oh these are pork and chicken based meatballs you should be able to eat these", eat them, blow up, wonder why, look at the ingredients more carefully "oh, it had soy sauce"

But in this case I am avoiding triggering foods just.. this bout with covid must have sparked my immune system.
Yeah, I've known several people who had a genetic condition passed on where it got worse with subsequent generations.

I took had flare ups from Covid / long haul Covid. And I know it wasn't from any of the shots because we didn't get any of those. Getting Covid was like a resurgence of all my Gulf War syndrome symptoms. What ever bio weapons were in Desert Storm; I'm sure were also created in a lab.

It's difficult; particularly when no treatment works well.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,423.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, I've known several people who had a genetic condition passed on where it got worse with subsequent generations.

I took had flare ups from Covid / long haul Covid. And I know it wasn't from any of the shots because we didn't get any of those. Getting Covid was like a resurgence of all my Gulf War syndrome symptoms. What ever bio weapons were in Desert Storm; I'm sure were also created in a lab.

It's difficult; particularly when no treatment works well.
Yeah Covid 19 was basically a bioweapon experiment that leaked out. There's too much recombinant DNA evidence in it for it to have been natural, and the immunological reactions it has are very different from most natural viruses. Remember when young children were dropping dead from Covid 19 due to multi-organ inflammation? That's not a respiratory illness, it's an immunological reaction that killed them.
People treated Covid 19 as a respiratory illness and treated it like a bad flu, put them on a respirator, but what was killing people was inflammation and blood clots. This virus tripped the immune system in ways you just don't see elsewhere. That spike protein is literally toxic itself.

Upvote 0

The Righterzpen

Feb 9, 2019
Western NY
Visit site
✟144,607.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Yeah Covid 19 was basically a bioweapon experiment that leaked out. There's too much recombinant DNA evidence in it for it to have been natural, and the immunological reactions it has are very different from most natural viruses. Remember when young children were dropping dead from Covid 19 due to multi-organ inflammation? That's not a respiratory illness, it's an immunological reaction that killed them.
People treated Covid 19 as a respiratory illness and treated it like a bad flu, put them on a respirator, but what was killing people was inflammation and blood clots. This virus tripped the immune system in ways you just don't see elsewhere. That spike protein is literally toxic itself.
Yeah, my son had "post covid multi-system inflammatory disorder" in October of 2021. Took him to the ER to check him for a bacterial infection and I told the doctor "He is NOT being admitted." Told him what I was doing to treat it; he gave me an "unofficial" nod and discharged him.

We know exactly where his blood work was when he was infected. He'd been to a lab to have his med levels checked. And the staff there were talking about just having gotten their boosters.

Exactly 5 days later; he had a 104 temp, couldn't breathe. Started giving him Quercetin, Vitamin D, C, zinc and NAC (N-acetyl cytosine) every 4 to 6 hours around the clock till his fever broke. It took about 5 days. Then he came down with the rash. (That's how I knew what it was.) The rash looked like a Scarlet Fever rash; but no "strawberry tongue". (Scarlet fever is - I think.... strep infection that didn't totally go away.)

Later found a meta data study of adults who were admitted to hospitals with his set of symptoms. 40% of them died! He wasn't sick long enough to have the cardiac involvement. But the very same blood work they did (metabolic panel) for the medication; they repeated in the ER and his immune system was crashing. (cytokine storm).

Saved his life with supplements you can buy at the friggin grocery store!

I had alpha variant in March of 2020. Almost got bad enough to have the pneumonia. Had the blood clot issues, and the GGO's on the X-ray / CT scan. Fortunately I knew about the treatment before I got deadly sick. Irony was that when I went to the ER; no one believed I had Covid; because I "hadn't been to an area where there was an outbreak". Three days after I left the ER; the first person with a "community spread" in our area died.

I had long haul covid till the end of 2020 and didn't get sick again until July of 2022 when we came home from the Ronald McDonald house in Philly with Omicron.

Still taking what I call "the covid protocol" and haven't been sick since! I learned a lot about the immune system from this pandemic.

Now was it an accidental lab leak? (That I'm not so sure of; although absolutely, it came out of a lab!) Fauci "predicted" there would be a pandemic during Trump's presidency. (Thus why I'm not so sure it was accidental. Unless Fauci has prophetic powers? = Which I highly doubt!) This was planned.

Now all the "lib-tards" who wanted to imprison everyone who refused the shots are all so... Oh, well can we all just pretend the last 3 years didn't happen.... Please! (NO! There's a special place in the Lake of Fire for Anthony Fauci!)

So yeah!

And a lesson in the sovereignty of God and the operation of how populations develop "herd immunity". Because we've been flying around the world for 70 years now; the immune susceptibility of humanity has become homogenous enough that common illness variants that have been around a while, don't cause high fatality pandemics any longer. Thus what they probably hoped would kill 4 billion or more people; didn't, because humanity already has immunity to coronaviruses. Although I do believe they intended it to be deadlier than it was! Their plan just didn't do what they wanted it to! Though it did kill a lot of people. Now though, I think more people are dying from complications to the mRNA shots than ever died of Covid. But that's a whole other ball of wax!

I'll certainly be praying for you though. Chronic illness really sucks sometimes!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,423.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, my son had "post covid multi-system inflammatory disorder" in October of 2021. Took him to the ER to check him for a bacterial infection and I told the doctor "He is NOT being admitted." Told him what I was doing to treat it; he gave me an "unofficial" nod and discharged him.

We know exactly where his blood work was when he was infected. He'd been to a lab to have his med levels checked. And the staff there were talking about just having gotten their boosters.

Exactly 5 days later; he had a 104 temp, couldn't breathe. Started giving him Quercetin, Vitamin D, C, zinc and NAC (N-acetyl cytosine) every 4 to 6 hours around the clock till his fever broke. It took about 5 days. Then he came down with the rash. (That's how I knew what it was.) The rash looked like a Scarlet Fever rash; but no "strawberry tongue". (Scarlet fever is - I think.... strep infection that didn't totally go away.)

Later found a meta data study of adults who were admitted to hospitals with his set of symptoms. 40% of them died! He wasn't sick long enough to have the cardiac involvement. But the very same blood work they did (metabolic panel) for the medication; they repeated in the ER and his immune system was crashing. (cytokine storm).

Saved his life with supplements you can buy at the friggin grocery store!

I had alpha variant in March of 2020. Almost got bad enough to have the pneumonia. Had the blood clot issues, and the GGO's on the X-ray / CT scan. Fortunately I knew about the treatment before I got deadly sick. Irony was that when I went to the ER; no one believed I had Covid; because I "hadn't been to an area where there was an outbreak". Three days after I left the ER; the first person with a "community spread" in our area died.

I had long haul covid till the end of 2020 and didn't get sick again until July of 2022 when we came home from the Ronald McDonald house in Philly with Omicron.

Still taking what I call "the covid protocol" and haven't been sick since! I learned a lot about the immune system from this pandemic.

Now was it an accidental lab leak? (That I'm not so sure of; although absolutely, it came out of a lab!) Fauci "predicted" there would be a pandemic during Trump's presidency. (Thus why I'm not so sure it was accidental. Unless Fauci has prophetic powers? = Which I highly doubt!) This was planned.

Now all the "lib-tards" who wanted to imprison everyone who refused the shots are all so... Oh, well can we all just pretend the last 3 years didn't happen.... Please! (NO! There's a special place in the Lake of Fire for Anthony Fauci!)

So yeah!

And a lesson in the sovereignty of God and the operation of how populations develop "herd immunity". Because we've been flying around the world for 70 years now; the immune susceptibility of humanity has become homogenous enough that common illness variants that have been around a while, don't cause high fatality pandemics any longer. Thus what they probably hoped would kill 4 billion or more people; didn't, because humanity already has immunity to coronaviruses. Although I do believe they intended it to be deadlier than it was! Their plan just didn't do what they wanted it to! Though it did kill a lot of people. Now though, I think more people are dying from complications to the mRNA shots than ever died of Covid. But that's a whole other ball of wax!

I'll certainly be praying for you though. Chronic illness really sucks sometimes!

I avoided covid for 3.5 years until this move. I guess that's one thing about living fairly isolated. I didn't get the shots because of my autoimmunity. Luckily that long of a delay of getting infected I got a milder variant. Just 3-4 days of fever around 102 and body aches followed by just congestion/cough, and then this autoimmune flareup, which might finally be dissipating after 3 weeks. My right elbow is .. definitely knobbier than it used to be though I can feel the shape of the joint itself has actually changed, there's a new spur.

Upvote 0

The Righterzpen

Feb 9, 2019
Western NY
Visit site
✟144,607.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I avoided covid for 3.5 years until this move. I guess that's one thing about living fairly isolated. I didn't get the shots because of my autoimmunity. Luckily that long of a delay of getting infected I got a milder variant. Just 3-4 days of fever around 102 and body aches followed by just congestion/cough, and then this autoimmune flareup, which might finally be dissipating after 3 weeks. My right elbow is .. definitely knobbier than it used to be though I can feel the shape of the joint itself has actually changed, there's a new spur.
Well, I don't know if you want to try my "covid protocol". When I had the long haul; it helped control the inflammation. I was still tired; but at least I felt better. I think the NAC helps a lot for that kind of thing. And the vitamin D and C. I think a lot of times we don't realize how useful vitamin D is. But the stuff I take is all plant based (except the NAC)

I've used NOW brand and Life Extension brands. Also, my local health food store (Lori's) has their own brand. I've used their's too.
I've used Ancient Nutrients for Vitamin C and zinc. And Garden of Life vitamin D for my son's osteoporosis. Garden of Life makes good vitamins; but they are expensive. If you're going to do vitamins though; do your best to stay away from ones sold at places like Walmart. (Unless you can find a brand there that you already use that you can trust.)

My son is also taking this: it is expensive, but it works. His bone density is increasing. His last DXA scan showed decrease in Z score. It will take a couple of years though for his bone density to get back into the normal range for someone his age.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,423.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Well, I don't know if you want to try my "covid protocol". When I had the long haul; it helped control the inflammation. I was still tired; but at least I felt better. I think the NAC helps a lot for that kind of thing. And the vitamin D and C. I think a lot of times we don't realize how useful vitamin D is. But the stuff I take is all plant based (except the NAC)

I've used NOW brand and Life Extension brands. Also, my local health food store (Lori's) has their own brand. I've used their's too.
I've used Ancient Nutrients for Vitamin C and zinc. And Garden of Life vitamin D for my son's osteoporosis. Garden of Life makes good vitamins; but they are expensive. If you're going to do vitamins though; do your best to stay away from ones sold at places like Walmart. (Unless you can find a brand there that you already use that you can trust.)

My son is also taking this: it is expensive, but it works. His bone density is increasing. His last DXA scan showed decrease in Z score. It will take a couple of years though for his bone density to get back into the normal range for someone his age.

I'll pray for your son

I likely can't afford a really big supplements regimen.

Upvote 0

The Righterzpen

Feb 9, 2019
Western NY
Visit site
✟144,607.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I'll pray for your son

I likely can't afford a really big supplements regimen.
Thanks, I'll pray for you too.

I don't know what your grocery store is; but you might be able to find suitable vitamin supplements there at a cheaper price? I've found stuff at grocery stores that was fairly good.

Prayers though; it's tough to have chronic medical issues.

Upvote 0