St.Paul, MN
✟89,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
To be a christian is not a matter of bodily survival. But to choose to live in God means to obey God and defend the truth of God.

The early church was fed to lions, they were free to deny their faith and save their lives, but they choosed to defend the truth and obey God.
c556067a2c1d424616d50b42e652e7b6.jpg

God told us the story of the poor Lazarus waiting to receive mercy from the Rich man's table, Lazarus accepts his fate and God could use his life for His purpose to find out the heart of the people. So this is the total obedience to God.
Lazarus_at_rich_man%27s_house_C-922.jpg

Even God has His purpose on Lazarus's life and Lazarus served Him by obedience to God without complaining and murmuring and rebelling like the Hebrew did in the dessert. This is what God wants from all of us and that He will test each of us whether we are worthy or not to receive Eternal Life with Him.
Rich%20Man%20and%20Lazarus.JPG

Jesus could run away from Gethsemane garden as he knew the people would ambush and arrest Him but He didnt, He choosed to face them all and defend the TRUTH.
a4bdc42ec2e5e43e0a2c8e4dc9814df0.gif

Dont judge God and curse Him when you dont have bread or water like the Hebrew did in the dessert
Even so you'd be better live in obedience to God until you die faithfully like Lazarus did.

James 1:12 Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love Him.

I was joking

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,181.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Jesus told us to prepare for OIL, not food

Matt 25:1 Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.
2 And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.
3 They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:
4 But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
5 While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.
6 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.
7 Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.
8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.
9 But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.
10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.
11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.

1 Tim 5:
8 But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.

Upvote 0

R. Hartono

Feb 2, 2018
Depok
✟22,935.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
1 Tim 5:
8 But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.
Thats right we should feed our family daily needs,
Matt 6:34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

You are called to help the poor instead you stock food for years to save your own family.

Matt 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these my brethren, ye did it not to me.

And you disregard my advice that Jesus told us to prepare for OIL, not food

Matt 25:1 Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.
2 And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.
3 They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:
4 But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.

However, you hv absolute freedom to prepper, thats all your rights.
God doesnt force you to use your money to help others.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Matthew 6:32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your ...
biblehub.com/matthew/6-32.htm
For the Gentiles eagerly seek all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. Contemporary English Version Only people who don't know God are always worrying about such things. Your Father in heaven knows you need all of these. Good News Translation (These are the things the pagans are ...

Matthew 6:25 "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what ...
biblehub.com/matthew/6-25.htm
"For this reason I say to you, do not be worried about your life, as to what you will eat or what you will drink; nor for your body, as to what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? King James Bible Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink ...

Matthew 6:31 So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What ...
biblehub.com/matthew/6-31.htm
.--The command which, in Matthew 6:25; Matthew 6:28, had before been given as general and abstract, is now enforced as the conclusion of a process of thought more or less inductive. A change in the tense, which we fail to express in English, indicates more special and personal application--"Do not take thought, do not ...

Upvote 0

R. Hartono

Feb 2, 2018
Depok
✟22,935.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
1 Tim 5:
Its unGodly and shallow to stock a large amount of food for years just to survive your own family, dont tell me you will give them to the hungry people, i wont believe that, may be you will give some pieces of instant noodle and thats all. There's no value of living at all to try to save your own life while others are dying.

To be a christian is not a matter of bodily survival. But to choose to live in God means to obey God and defend the truth of God.

The early church was fed to lions, they were free to deny their faith and save their lives, but they choosed to defend the truth and obey God. Yeah they could save their lives but it was meaningless.

God told us the story of the poor Lazarus waiting to receive mercy from the Rich man's table, Lazarus accepts his fate and God could use his life for His purpose to find out the heart of the people. So this is the total obedience to God. That rich man died and enter the hell immediately without a chance of seeing God but tormenting fire.
Thats what happen to the preppers when they neglect the hungry people outside.
Lazarus_at_rich_man%27s_house_C-922.jpg

Even God has His purpose on Lazarus's life and Lazarus served Him by obedience to God without complaining and murmuring and rebelling like the Hebrew did in the dessert. This is what God wants from all of us and that He will test each of us whether we are worthy or not to receive Eternal Life with Him.
Rich%20Man%20and%20Lazarus.JPG

Jesus could run away from Gethsemane garden as he knew the people would ambush and arrest Him but He didnt, He choosed to face them all and defend the TRUTH.
a4bdc42ec2e5e43e0a2c8e4dc9814df0.gif

Job was slandered by the devil and he was trial cruelly but he remained faithful.
God allow the Grief Tribulation to test all mankind in the last chance for mankind to show who will be loyal and who will worship the devil.
Rev 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

Dont judge God and curse Him when you dont have bread or water like the Hebrew did in the dessert
Even so you'd be better live in obedience to God until you die faithfully like Lazarus did.

James 1:12 Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love Him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,181.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Its unGodly and shallow to stock a large amount of food for years just to survive your own family, dont tell me you will give them to the hungry people, i wont believe that, may be you will give some pieces of instant noodle and thats all. There's no value of living at all to try to save your own life while others are dying.

Wow... pretty harsh judgement there. I forgive you because you speak in ignorance and pride. But that is ok. God is merciful even to the presumptuous.
Truth is we have hundreds of pounds of foodstuffs set aside for hungry people who come to our door. Including you and yours chance God sends you our way. :amen: This is what happened in the book of Acts when there was a world wide famine.. remember that? Prophets had the church send food to the starving people. What will you have to send when the prophets call? Nothing... you will be in the food lines with the rest.
We will be sending you food if the prophets say so.
Repent of your judgmentalism and false witnessing... I forgive you... but where is your heart before God???
When millions of people are starving.. you may be held responsible for dissuading them from obeying God to save their Children and loved ones. You ever seen someone starve to death? If you had, you would not be so religious about putting a few things back. Wait till your family and loved ones are starving and crying for food. Tell them they are being worldly and worrying to much about the things of this world.
Religious people really need help.

Repent

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,181.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thats right we should feed our family daily needs,
Matt 6:34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

You are called to help the poor instead you stock food for years to save your own family.

More harsh judgementalism!
What do you know about what I give to the poor and not? Nothing.
Repent of this harsh judging of things which you know not.

Upvote 0

R. Hartono

Feb 2, 2018
Depok
✟22,935.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
This is what happened in the book of Acts Prophets had the church send food to the starving people.
The famine in the book of Acts is nothing compared to the coming grief tribulation in this end times and Jesus warned us to prepare for OIL like the wise virgins, not food.

Because Jesus will save us :
Rev 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

When millions of people are starving.. you may be held responsible for dissuading them from obeying God to save their Children
You are relying on your food and money to save you from the incomparable grief tribulation because you think christians will be left on earth, but no, its the foolish virgins who shall be left and mourn.

Even if we die like Lazarus in front of the rich man's gate we should not fear that but we should thank God for His Love that we may rcv Salvation from Jesus Christ.

As i told you to be a christian is not a matter of bodily survival. But to choose to live in God means to obey God and defend the truth of God.

The early church was fed to lions, they were free to deny their faith and save their lives, but they choosed to defend the truth and obey God. Yeah they could save their lives but it was meaningless.

Preppers and their food stock will be tempted in the hour of temptation.
Rev 3:10 ....the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

You have absolute rights to become a prepper for the grief tribulation.
As much as i hv the rights to believe in Jesus's promise to save His people.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

R. Hartono

Feb 2, 2018
Depok
✟22,935.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
What do you know about what I give to the poor and not?
How would i know whether you give food to the poor or not ??? keep it to God, if your right hand does something good dont let your left hand knows it.

And regarding your plan to share your food with people when the tribulation comes, just imagine thousands of people will ambush your house, how much you think you can give and still save your family.

Because 1/4th of the world will die (2 billions people) when the 4th seal is opened not including other judgment from God's 7 trumpets and 7 vials, billions and billions will die, and you want to become people's saviour with your food preparation, its a good idea that will last in one day.

Upvote 0

phydaux

Oct 22, 2014
Hudson, NH
✟14,248.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Haven't read the thread yet, but...

There are plenty of good reasons other than a post-trib rapture to be a prepper.

The people in New Orleans who got flooded out during Katrina, they would have all benefited by having a pre-packed Bug Out Bag.

I lived in SoCal for many years. Everyone keeps a few days worth of dried food and bottled water in case of an earthquake. Kids can't even go to public school unless their parents pack a box with 3 days worth of non-perishable food and water in case an earthquake hits and the kids can't make it home, have to shelter in place for a day or two.

Where I live now, we have ice storms in the winter. Sometimes the ice storms knock down power lines. It's not unheard of to have power knocked out to a whole community for 5, 7, even 14 days. And a lot of homes here have well water. No electricity, no running water. Having a week or two worth of canned food, bottled water, and maybe a generator is a very reasonable precaution.

Upvote 0

Bible2+

Matthew 4:4
Sep 14, 2015
✟91,195.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
R. Hartono said in post #1:

There will be no need for the Wise Virgins to become preppers at all . . .

Note that the ten virgins parable (Matthew 25:1-13) shows that the marriage of the Church to Jesus Christ will not occur until His Second Coming (Matthew 25:10), which Jesus had just finished saying will not occur until "immediately after" the Tribulation (Matthew 24:29-31), just as Revelation 19:7 shows that the marriage will not occur until after the future Tribulation, shown in Revelation chapters 6 to 18. The parable's extra oil (Matthew 25:4,9b) could represent the continued good works of Christians, by which they will be able to pass the judgment of the Church by Jesus (Matthew 25:19-30, Romans 2:6-8) and enter the marriage of the Church to Jesus at His Second Coming (Matthew 25:10, Revelation 19:7-21).

The marriage supper (Revelation 19:9) will not have started by the time of Revelation 19, which will not begin until after the future Tribulation of Revelation chapters 6 to 18 and Matthew 24 (cf. Matthew 24:29-31; 2 Thessalonians 2:1-8). For regarding the Church, the marriage supper will be a literal feast in the earthly Jerusalem, after the resurrection and marriage of the Church at Jesus Christ's future, Second Coming (Isaiah 25:6-9; 1 Corinthians 15:54, Revelation 19:7 to 20:6; 1 Thessalonians 4:15-16; 1 Corinthians 15:21-23,51-54). While the Church will enjoy a feast "of fat things full of marrow, of wines on the lees well refined" (Isaiah 25:6), the birds will feast on the corpses of the world's armies defeated by Jesus Himself at His Second Coming (Revelation 19:17-21).

Also, regarding the ten virgins parable, in Matthew 25:6 "midnight" could represent mid-tribulation, when the abomination of desolation (possibly a standing, android image of the future Antichrist) could be set up in the holy place (the inner sanctum) of a future, third Jewish temple in Jerusalem (Matthew 24:15, Daniel 11:31). So when it says: "at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh" (Matthew 25:6), this could mean that at the mid-tribulation point when the abomination of desolation is set up, the Church will be given the knowledge of the date (as in the year, month, and day) of Jesus Christ's Second Coming. This date could be the 1,335th day after the abomination of desolation is set up (Daniel 12:11-12, cf. Revelation 16:15).

R. Hartono said in post #1:

There will be no need for the Wise Virgins to become preppers at all . . .

Do you mean that the physical resurrection of the Church will be pre-tribulation, as is sometimes asserted by quoting:

Isaiah 26:19 Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead.
20 ¶Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself as it were for a little moment, until the indignation be overpast.

If so, note that while Isaiah 26:19 indeed refers to the physical resurrection of the Church, this will not happen until Jesus Christ's future, Second Coming (1 Thessalonians 4:14-16; 1 Corinthians 15:21-23,51-57, Revelation 19:7 to 20:6).

Also, Isaiah 26:20 starts a new idea, a new paragraph, like is indicated in some copies of the KJV. And Isaiah 26:20 also takes a step back chronologically from Isaiah 26:19, like how, for example, Matthew 14:3 takes a step back chronologically from Matthew 14:2. For Isaiah 26:20 is addressing those in the Church who will still be alive on the earth at the time of the seven vials of God's wrath (Revelation 16), the final stage of the future Tribulation of Revelation chapters 6 to 18 and Matthew 24. These Christians will still be waiting for Jesus Christ's Second Coming as a thief (Revelation 16:15). And they will not be appointed to God's wrath (1 Thessalonians 5:9). So Isaiah 26:20 refers to them going into protective chambers which they will have prepared for themselves on the earth, just as Noah and his family went into the protective ark which they had prepared for themselves on the earth (Genesis 7:7). There would be no reason for resurrected, immortal people in heaven to hide (Isaiah 26:20b) from any events happening on the earth.

Also, Christians can prepare their Isaiah 26:20 chambers now, and hide in them out in the wilderness at some point in our future (Revelation 12:6a), not only during the time of the seven vials (Revelation 16), but also during the just-preceding, literal 3.5 years (Revelation 12:6b) of the future Antichrist's worldwide reign (Revelation 13:5-18). For his reign will involve the wrath of Satan coming against those in the Church (not in hiding) who will still be alive on the earth (Revelation 12:17, Revelation 13:7-10, Revelation 14:12-13, Revelation 20:4-6, Matthew 24:9-13).

One way for Christians to prepare these chambers would be to bury old shipping containers, which shipping and trucking companies could have stacked up in their back lots ready to sell cheaply to anyone who will take them off of their hands.

Once you have one or more shipping containers at your wilderness site, you can rent a bulldozer for a few days and dig big trenches in which to bury them. The trenches need to be deep enough so that you can pile six feet of dirt on top of the containers. For that much dirt is required in order to stop radiation from nuclear fallout from reaching the containers. Also, six feet of dirt will serve as great insulation, so that no matter how hot or cold it gets on the surface, the shipping containers will always remain a pleasant 68 degrees Fahrenheit (20 degrees Celsius).

Once you have put the shipping containers in their trenches, you can cut a manhole in the center of the top of each container, and then cut two smaller, six-inch ventilation holes in the top of each end of each container. Then you can attach to each manhole a seven-foot-long vertical PVC pipe with the same diameter as the manhole, and attach to each ventilation hole a seven-foot-long vertical PVC pipe with the same diameter as the ventilation hole. Then you can use the bulldozer to carefully bury the containers, without breaking off the vertical pipes.

Then you can place a 16-foot ladder down the manhole pipe of each container. And you can go down into each container and place a small, battery-powered fan inside one of its ventilation holes, to be turned on whenever fresh air is needed in the container. Your containers will then be all set to start stocking with canned food, bottled water, bedding, warm clothing, batteries, sealed buckets for waste, and all other needed supplies whenever you want to do that. You will then need to secure the top of each manhole-pipe with some sort of thick PVC, perhaps screw-on, cover which can be locked from both the outside when you are away from the container, and from the inside when you are in the container. To keep any radioactive dust or ash from entering very far into the ventilation pipes, you can place a cylindrical air filter near the top of each pipe. And to keep rain, insects, and small animals from entering the pipes and affecting the filters, you can place a nylon screen and a side-vented (i.e. perforated), thick-PVC cap over the top of each pipe. Another thing to worry about is floodwater pouring into the pipes. So your wilderness site should not be in a floodplain, but on high-enough ground where it will not be flooded.

Because one of the reasons to go underground is to be hidden from hostile people during the worldwide reign of the future Antichrist (the individual-man aspect of Revelation's "beast"), you will want to restore the surface of the ground above the buried containers, so that it appears as much as possible as it did before you began digging. Also, the tops of the manhole and ventilation pipes of each container will need to be hidden by brush, so that any hostile people passing by will not notice them. Also, in case some hostile people with dogs happen to pass by while you are hiding inside a container, you will need to place some long-dead (non-smelling) carcass of a small animal near enough to each ventilation pipe so that if the dogs pick up your scent emanating from a ventilation pipe, the hostile people with the dogs will think that their dogs are just interested in the carcass of the animal, and will not start rummaging through the brush and discover the ventilation pipe. Another thing to do would be to set up hidden motion detectors around your site which would alert you in your container if anyone is approaching the area around it. Then you could spray Ozium (a scent eliminator) into your container's ventilation pipes, and block them from inside the container, in order to prevent your scent from ascending into the pipes while people with dogs are passing through the area.

Besides camouflaging your underground hideout so that no hostile people will even notice it during the future Antichrist's worldwide reign (in the future Tribulation's second half), before the Tribulation begins and you are still thinking about where in the wilderness to prepare your hideout, you will need to be very circumspect about whom you tell about your plans. You will want to tell only those people who are completely committed to joining you in your hideout. For if you get other people involved in knowing, before the Antichrist's reign, where your hideout is located, then during the Antichrist's reign those people could be captured by the Antichrist's police or soldiers, and under torture or interrogation drugs (e.g. anesthesia), they could divulge the location of your hideout. Or those same people, even if they are not captured, could start to get very hungry during the Antichrist's reign, and decide to go out to your hideout, and demand to be fed with your supplies, even though you did not store up enough for them, because before the Tribulation they had said that they definitely were not going to join you in your hideout.

Another thing to remember is that before the future Antichrist's worldwide reign (of Revelation 13:4-18), even when communicating with those who are committed to joining you in your hideout during his reign, you must never refer to your hideout's location over the internet, or over a cell phone, smartphone, or landline phone; or audibly even in your own car or home; or audibly in any store, restaurant, workplace, or street equipped with surveillance cameras and microphones, as all of these could be currently tapped and recorded by government surveillance agencies, and their records could later be searched by the Antichrist's police or soldiers in order to determine your hideout's location. (Government surveillance agencies think that they are protecting "national security", when in fact they have set everything up for the future Antichrist's total surveillance and subjugation of everyone.) So you will have to communicate your hideout's location to others, both currently and in the future, only by ear-whispering (with a covering hand), or by handwritten notes (with a covering hand) which are only given directly, and then are burned up immediately after they have been read.

Also, you must not have any device with a GPS chip (such as a cell phone, smartphone, tablet computer, laptop computer, OnStar, Mopar, LoJack, Garmin, TomTom, etc.) with you when you are at your hideout, as the GPS chip could be secretly pinged remotely in order to determine your hideout's location. Also, you can disable any obvious GPS antenna on your car (such as the antennas that look like a little shark fin on the roof, or are a short pole sticking out of the back of the roof) by cutting through the fabric in the ceiling of your car and simply cutting the electric wires leading to the antenna. Also, you will need to have your car, shoes, clothing, and all supplies intended for your hideout electronically-swept for any GPS trackers which have been covertly placed in them by government surveillance agencies.

Currently, as during the future Tribulation, if you are sure that your car does not have a GPS tracker, whenever you want to keep your cell phone or smartphone with you, but want to avoid having your movements tracked through it, wrap it in a wash cloth, or put it in a cigar box, and wrap the towel or box with aluminum foil so that no phone signals can reach the phone. To make sure that there are no gaps or tears in the foil through which signals can enter, once the phone is in the foil-wrapped towel or box, call it from another phone and see if it rings. If it does, hang up, wrap the towel or box with a second layer of foil and call again. If the phone does not ring, this means that no signals can reach it, and so your movements cannot be tracked through it.

But your movements can still be tracked through license-plate reading cameras attached atop traffic-signal poles at intersections. Perhaps you could devise a hinged plate that drops down over your license plate in order to hide it just momentarily while you are passing through an intersection with a camera, and then raises up again after you have passed through it. The movement of the plate down and up could be initiated by a toggle switch which you could place on your dashboard. You will also need to hide your face with very large sunglasses while passing through the intersection, as facial recognition technology is now highly advanced.

And when you make your final trip out to your hideout, when you will begin hiding there during the future Antichrist's worldwide reign, you will need to abandon your car miles away from your hideout, and walk the rest of the way. For otherwise your car could catch the attention of any passing hostile people or patrolling drone aircraft. And even if you abandon your car miles away from your hideout, you will still want to camouflage it with brush in order to avoid it being seen and starting a general search of the area. Or, if there is not enough brush with which to camouflage it, you can let the air out of one of its tires visible from the road, so that people passing on the road will think that your car was left there simply because it got a flat tire.

Some people think that everyone in the cities will try to go out into the wilderness during the future Tribulation. But this may not be the case. For almost all people in the cities do not have hunting/fishing and other wilderness survival skills, and will not know of any well-stocked hideouts in the wilderness. And so they will not think that there is any food out there, or that they will be able to construct any decent shelter out there. They will think of the wilderness as being only barren ground and brush, rocks, trees, and mountains. And so they will stay in the cities where they have shelter, and some chance of finding food. And if the cities come under martial law, they could become the safest places to be, as the military could bring order to them, and supply them with emergency food and water.

But martial law will cut both ways in that once the future Antichrist takes over everything (Revelation 13:7-18), the cities could become, in effect, huge military prisons, where people will have to receive the Antichrist's mark on their right hand or forehead if they want to buy any food (Revelation 13:16-17). And everyone will have to worship Lucifer (Satan, the dragon) and the Antichrist (the individual-man aspect of Revelation's "beast") (Revelation 13:4-10, Revelation 12:9) and a speaking image of the Antichrist (Revelation 13:15) if they do not want to be beheaded (Revelation 20:4). Christians trapped in the cities must be willing to be beheaded. For if they go ahead and take the mark and worship Lucifer and the Antichrist and his image, they will ultimately lose their salvation and suffer eternally in fire and brimstone (Revelation 14:9-14).

Christians should not assume that they will necessarily be able to stand up well under the hunger (and possibly torture) and beheading which will be imposed on Christians trapped in the cities during the future Antichrist's worldwide reign. Many Christians could eventually give in and take the mark when their hunger and the hunger of their crying little ones reaches a certain point (Isaiah 8:21-22). And they could give in and worship Lucifer and the Antichrist and his image when they are confronted with they and their little ones being beheaded if they do not do these things. It will be much, much better for Christians to avoid these horrors by fleeing into prepared hiding places in the wilderness right before the Antichrist's 3.5-year worldwide reign of terror begins (Revelation 12:6, Matthew 24:15-16).

"A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself..." (Proverbs 22:3, Proverbs 27:12, Proverbs 28:28, Proverbs 28:12b).

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Note that the ten virgins parable (Matthew 25:1-13) shows that the marriage of the Church to Jesus Christ will not occur until His Second Coming (Matthew 25:10), which Jesus had just finished saying will not occur until "immediately after" the Tribulation (Matthew 24:29-31), just as Revelation 19:7 shows that the marriage will not occur until after the future Tribulation, shown in Revelation chapters 6 to 18. The parable's extra oil (Matthew 25:4,9b) could represent the continued good works of Christians, by which they will be able to pass the judgment of the Church by Jesus (Matthew 25:19-30, Romans 2:6-8) and enter the marriage of the Church to Jesus at His Second Coming (Matthew 25:10, Revelation 19:7-21).

The marriage supper (Revelation 19:9) will not have started by the time of Revelation 19, which will not begin until after the future Tribulation of Revelation chapters 6 to 18 and Matthew 24 (cf. Matthew 24:29-31; 2 Thessalonians 2:1-8). For regarding the Church, the marriage supper will be a literal feast in the earthly Jerusalem, after the resurrection and marriage of the Church at Jesus Christ's future, Second Coming (Isaiah 25:6-9; 1 Corinthians 15:54, Revelation 19:7 to 20:6; 1 Thessalonians 4:15-16; 1 Corinthians 15:21-23,51-54). While the Church will enjoy a feast "of fat things full of marrow, of wines on the lees well refined" (Isaiah 25:6), the birds will feast on the corpses of the world's armies defeated by Jesus Himself at His Second Coming (Revelation 19:17-21).

Also, regarding the ten virgins parable, in Matthew 25:6 "midnight" could represent mid-tribulation, when the abomination of desolation (possibly a standing, android image of the future Antichrist) could be set up in the holy place (the inner sanctum) of a future, third Jewish temple in Jerusalem (Matthew 24:15, Daniel 11:31). So when it says: "at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh" (Matthew 25:6), this could mean that at the mid-tribulation point when the abomination of desolation is set up, the Church will be given the knowledge of the date (as in the year, month, and day) of Jesus Christ's Second Coming. This date could be the 1,335th day after the abomination of desolation is set up (Daniel 12:11-12, cf. Revelation 16:15).

Do you mean that the physical resurrection of the Church will be pre-tribulation, as is sometimes asserted by quoting:

Isaiah 26:19 Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead.
20 ¶Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself as it were for a little moment, until the indignation be overpast.

If so, note that while Isaiah 26:19 indeed refers to the physical resurrection of the Church, this will not happen until Jesus Christ's future, Second Coming (1 Thessalonians 4:14-16; 1 Corinthians 15:21-23,51-57, Revelation 19:7 to 20:6).

Also, Isaiah 26:20 starts a new idea, a new paragraph, like is indicated in some copies of the KJV. And Isaiah 26:20 also takes a step back chronologically from Isaiah 26:19, like how, for example, Matthew 14:3 takes a step back chronologically from Matthew 14:2. For Isaiah 26:20 is addressing those in the Church who will still be alive on the earth at the time of the seven vials of God's wrath (Revelation 16), the final stage of the future Tribulation of Revelation chapters 6 to 18 and Matthew 24. These Christians will still be waiting for Jesus Christ's Second Coming as a thief (Revelation 16:15). And they will not be appointed to God's wrath (1 Thessalonians 5:9). So Isaiah 26:20 refers to them going into protective chambers which they will have prepared for themselves on the earth, just as Noah and his family went into the protective ark which they had prepared for themselves on the earth (Genesis 7:7). There would be no reason for resurrected, immortal people in heaven to hide (Isaiah 26:20b) from any events happening on the earth.

Also, Christians can prepare their Isaiah 26:20 chambers now, and hide in them out in the wilderness at some point in our future (Revelation 12:6a), not only during the time of the seven vials (Revelation 16), but also during the just-preceding, literal 3.5 years (Revelation 12:6b) of the future Antichrist's worldwide reign (Revelation 13:5-18). For his reign will involve the wrath of Satan coming against those in the Church (not in hiding) who will still be alive on the earth (Revelation 12:17, Revelation 13:7-10, Revelation 14:12-13, Revelation 20:4-6, Matthew 24:9-13).

One way for Christians to prepare these chambers would be to bury old shipping containers, which shipping and trucking companies could have stacked up in their back lots ready to sell cheaply to anyone who will take them off of their hands.

Once you have one or more shipping containers at your wilderness site, you can rent a bulldozer for a few days and dig big trenches in which to bury them. The trenches need to be deep enough so that you can pile six feet of dirt on top of the containers. For that much dirt is required in order to stop radiation from nuclear fallout from reaching the containers. Also, six feet of dirt will serve as great insulation, so that no matter how hot or cold it gets on the surface, the shipping containers will always remain a pleasant 68 degrees Fahrenheit (20 degrees Celsius).

Once you have put the shipping containers in their trenches, you can cut a manhole in the center of the top of each container, and then cut two smaller, six-inch ventilation holes in the top of each end of each container. Then you can attach to each manhole a seven-foot-long vertical PVC pipe with the same diameter as the manhole, and attach to each ventilation hole a seven-foot-long vertical PVC pipe with the same diameter as the ventilation hole. Then you can use the bulldozer to carefully bury the containers, without breaking off the vertical pipes.

Then you can place a 16-foot ladder down the manhole pipe of each container. And you can go down into each container and place a small, battery-powered fan inside one of its ventilation holes, to be turned on whenever fresh air is needed in the container. Your containers will then be all set to start stocking with canned food, bottled water, bedding, warm clothing, batteries, sealed buckets for waste, and all other needed supplies whenever you want to do that. You will then need to secure the top of each manhole-pipe with some sort of thick PVC, perhaps screw-on, cover which can be locked from both the outside when you are away from the container, and from the inside when you are in the container. To keep any radioactive dust or ash from entering very far into the ventilation pipes, you can place a cylindrical air filter near the top of each pipe. And to keep rain, insects, and small animals from entering the pipes and affecting the filters, you can place a nylon screen and a side-vented (i.e. perforated), thick-PVC cap over the top of each pipe. Another thing to worry about is floodwater pouring into the pipes. So your wilderness site should not be in a floodplain, but on high-enough ground where it will not be flooded.

Because one of the reasons to go underground is to be hidden from hostile people during the worldwide reign of the future Antichrist (the individual-man aspect of Revelation's "beast"), you will want to restore the surface of the ground above the buried containers, so that it appears as much as possible as it did before you began digging. Also, the tops of the manhole and ventilation pipes of each container will need to be hidden by brush, so that any hostile people passing by will not notice them. Also, in case some hostile people with dogs happen to pass by while you are hiding inside a container, you will need to place some long-dead (non-smelling) carcass of a small animal near enough to each ventilation pipe so that if the dogs pick up your scent emanating from a ventilation pipe, the hostile people with the dogs will think that their dogs are just interested in the carcass of the animal, and will not start rummaging through the brush and discover the ventilation pipe. Another thing to do would be to set up hidden motion detectors around your site which would alert you in your container if anyone is approaching the area around it. Then you could spray Ozium (a scent eliminator) into your container's ventilation pipes, and block them from inside the container, in order to prevent your scent from ascending into the pipes while people with dogs are passing through the area.

Besides camouflaging your underground hideout so that no hostile people will even notice it during the future Antichrist's worldwide reign (in the future Tribulation's second half), before the Tribulation begins and you are still thinking about where in the wilderness to prepare your hideout, you will need to be very circumspect about whom you tell about your plans. You will want to tell only those people who are completely committed to joining you in your hideout. For if you get other people involved in knowing, before the Antichrist's reign, where your hideout is located, then during the Antichrist's reign those people could be captured by the Antichrist's police or soldiers, and under torture or interrogation drugs (e.g. anesthesia), they could divulge the location of your hideout. Or those same people, even if they are not captured, could start to get very hungry during the Antichrist's reign, and decide to go out to your hideout, and demand to be fed with your supplies, even though you did not store up enough for them, because before the Tribulation they had said that they definitely were not going to join you in your hideout.

Another thing to remember is that before the future Antichrist's worldwide reign (of Revelation 13:4-18), even when communicating with those who are committed to joining you in your hideout during his reign, you must never refer to your hideout's location over the internet, or over a cell phone, smartphone, or landline phone; or audibly even in your own car or home; or audibly in any store, restaurant, workplace, or street equipped with surveillance cameras and microphones, as all of these could be currently tapped and recorded by government surveillance agencies, and their records could later be searched by the Antichrist's police or soldiers in order to determine your hideout's location. (Government surveillance agencies think that they are protecting "national security", when in fact they have set everything up for the future Antichrist's total surveillance and subjugation of everyone.) So you will have to communicate your hideout's location to others, both currently and in the future, only by ear-whispering (with a covering hand), or by handwritten notes (with a covering hand) which are only given directly, and then are burned up immediately after they have been read.

Also, you must not have any device with a GPS chip (such as a cell phone, smartphone, tablet computer, laptop computer, OnStar, Mopar, LoJack, Garmin, TomTom, etc.) with you when you are at your hideout, as the GPS chip could be secretly pinged remotely in order to determine your hideout's location. Also, you can disable any obvious GPS antenna on your car (such as the antennas that look like a little shark fin on the roof, or are a short pole sticking out of the back of the roof) by cutting through the fabric in the ceiling of your car and simply cutting the electric wires leading to the antenna. Also, you will need to have your car, shoes, clothing, and all supplies intended for your hideout electronically-swept for any GPS trackers which have been covertly placed in them by government surveillance agencies.

Currently, as during the future Tribulation, if you are sure that your car does not have a GPS tracker, whenever you want to keep your cell phone or smartphone with you, but want to avoid having your movements tracked through it, wrap it in a wash cloth, or put it in a cigar box, and wrap the towel or box with aluminum foil so that no phone signals can reach the phone. To make sure that there are no gaps or tears in the foil through which signals can enter, once the phone is in the foil-wrapped towel or box, call it from another phone and see if it rings. If it does, hang up, wrap the towel or box with a second layer of foil and call again. If the phone does not ring, this means that no signals can reach it, and so your movements cannot be tracked through it.

But your movements can still be tracked through license-plate reading cameras attached atop traffic-signal poles at intersections. Perhaps you could devise a hinged plate that drops down over your license plate in order to hide it just momentarily while you are passing through an intersection with a camera, and then raises up again after you have passed through it. The movement of the plate down and up could be initiated by a toggle switch which you could place on your dashboard. You will also need to hide your face with very large sunglasses while passing through the intersection, as facial recognition technology is now highly advanced.

And when you make your final trip out to your hideout, when you will begin hiding there during the future Antichrist's worldwide reign, you will need to abandon your car miles away from your hideout, and walk the rest of the way. For otherwise your car could catch the attention of any passing hostile people or patrolling drone aircraft. And even if you abandon your car miles away from your hideout, you will still want to camouflage it with brush in order to avoid it being seen and starting a general search of the area. Or, if there is not enough brush with which to camouflage it, you can let the air out of one of its tires visible from the road, so that people passing on the road will think that your car was left there simply because it got a flat tire.

Some people think that everyone in the cities will try to go out into the wilderness during the future Tribulation. But this may not be the case. For almost all people in the cities do not have hunting/fishing and other wilderness survival skills, and will not know of any well-stocked hideouts in the wilderness. And so they will not think that there is any food out there, or that they will be able to construct any decent shelter out there. They will think of the wilderness as being only barren ground and brush, rocks, trees, and mountains. And so they will stay in the cities where they have shelter, and some chance of finding food. And if the cities come under martial law, they could become the safest places to be, as the military could bring order to them, and supply them with emergency food and water.

But martial law will cut both ways in that once the future Antichrist takes over everything (Revelation 13:7-18), the cities could become, in effect, huge military prisons, where people will have to receive the Antichrist's mark on their right hand or forehead if they want to buy any food (Revelation 13:16-17). And everyone will have to worship Lucifer (Satan, the dragon) and the Antichrist (the individual-man aspect of Revelation's "beast") (Revelation 13:4-10, Revelation 12:9) and a speaking image of the Antichrist (Revelation 13:15) if they do not want to be beheaded (Revelation 20:4). Christians trapped in the cities must be willing to be beheaded. For if they go ahead and take the mark and worship Lucifer and the Antichrist and his image, they will ultimately lose their salvation and suffer eternally in fire and brimstone (Revelation 14:9-14).

Christians should not assume that they will necessarily be able to stand up well under the hunger (and possibly torture) and beheading which will be imposed on Christians trapped in the cities during the future Antichrist's worldwide reign. Many Christians could eventually give in and take the mark when their hunger and the hunger of their crying little ones reaches a certain point (Isaiah 8:21-22). And they could give in and worship Lucifer and the Antichrist and his image when they are confronted with they and their little ones being beheaded if they do not do these things. It will be much, much better for Christians to avoid these horrors by fleeing into prepared hiding places in the wilderness right before the Antichrist's 3.5-year worldwide reign of terror begins (Revelation 12:6, Matthew 24:15-16).

"A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself..." (Proverbs 22:3, Proverbs 27:12, Proverbs 28:28, Proverbs 28:12b).
How much of this preparation have you done personally, and what did it cost?

Under conditions of complete social collapse, it can be virtually guaranteed that those who have invested the most in personal survival will be among the first to be discovered and destroyed, with all of their preparations for nought.

Far wiser to invest our resources in helping our neighbors. Is that a guarantee of our own survival? No, but it is an example of the New Testament sacrifice that we as God's children are called upon to be willing to offer. (John 15:13).

For those thinking they can beat the odds, go for it.

I'd personally be a willing volunteer for decapitation.

But not to worry. We all can save ourselves an enormous amount of needless concern and expense. For as no less than Charles Spurgeon explains in his opening analyses of Isaiah 26, there are meanings in Isaiah's declarations which gloriously and victoriously transcend all trepidations and anticipations of carnal catastrophe:

"Isaiah 26:1. In that day —

Or, rather, as we may read it now, “In this day” —

Isaiah 26:1-3. Shall this song be sung in the land of Judah; We have a strong city; salvation will God appoint for walls and bulwarks. Open ye the gates, that the righteous nation which keepeth the truth may enter in. Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

Here is the song which we are to sing in this gospel day. The theme of it is God, and the city which he has builded, and which he has given to us to be our heritage for ever. “We have a strong city;” yes, beloved, a very strong one, for, although the devil has exercised all his ingenuity for these thousands of years, he has not been able to destroy it. He has thrown in the bombshell of persecution; he has tried to undermine it with his subtlety and cunning of false doctrine; but he has not been able to do anything effectually against the strong city yet. “We have a strong city;” and she is just as strong now, after all the desperate attacks that have been made upon her walls, as ever she was. Against her, the gates of hell cannot prevail."

And it gets better from there.

So let Bible2+ and his disciples burrow into the hills, and let us rest and rejoice in Isaiah's glorious depictions of who God is, what He has done for us, and His own preparations which await those who trust Him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

R. Hartono

Feb 2, 2018
Depok
✟22,935.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
the marriage of the Church to Jesus Christ will not occur until "immediately after" the Tribulation
Matt 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened,....

When the rapture takes place the sun will still be shining
Matt 24:40 Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. (PEOPLE WORK IN THE FIELD DURING DAYLIGHT)

Matt 24:41 Two women will be grinding with at the mill; one will be taken and the other left. (People grinding at the mill during daylight)

While at another part of the globe it will be at night (Jesus undirectly explains that our earth is round) when the rapture takes place :
Luke 17:34 I tell you, on that night two people will be in one bed; one will be taken and the other left.

And it shows that it will be just another busy day when the Rapture takes place. If the sun is darken you wont be working any longer.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,181.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The entire premise of this thread is false.
Nobody is prepping for the tribulation.
They prep for current needs. Just like our GGGrandparents did. They did not call it prepping.
They called it life before electricity, life before refrigeration, life before gas and oil, life before supermarkets, life before worthless money.
Nothing to do with the rapture, the great tribulation, or being super spiritual.
Just feeding your family.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible2+

Sep 14, 2015
✟91,195.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
jgr quoted Spurgeon in post #55:

“We have a strong city;” and she is just as strong now, after all the desperate attacks that have been made upon her walls, as ever she was. Against her, the gates of hell cannot prevail."

Matthew 16:18 . . . upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

It is sometimes thought that this means that the Church cannot be physically overcome by evil forces.

But note that just as Roman emperors and Satan were allowed by God to physically overcome some Christians in the first century AD (e.g. Revelation 2:10), so during the future Tribulation of Revelation chapters 6 to 18 and Matthew 24, the Antichrist (the individual-man aspect of Revelation's "beast") will be allowed by God to prevail physically against Christians (not in hiding) in every nation (Revelation 13:7-10, Revelation 14:12-13, Revelation 20:4, Matthew 24:9-13). And there are no Christians outside of the Church (Ephesians 4:4-6).

Matthew 16:18 meant that the literal gates of Hades would not prevail against the "rock" in Matthew 16:18, which is Jesus Christ Himself (Matthew 16:16b,18b), the rock/stone on whom the Church/New Covenant Israel is built (Ephesians 2:20, Matthew 16:18b; 1 Peter 2:6), the rock/stone who was rejected and crucified (Romans 9:33, Acts 4:11; 1 Peter 2:4,8), the same rock/Christ who followed Old Covenant Israel/the church in the wilderness (1 Corinthians 10:4-5, cf. Acts 7:38), and the same rock/Christ revered by New Covenant Israel/the Church (1 Peter 2:4-10).

That is, Matthew 16:18 was prophesying of when the literal gates of Hades would not prevail against Jesus Christ (Psalms 107:16), when, after His physical resurrection, He went down and liberated the souls of the dead Old Testament believers from Hades (1 Peter 4:6; 1 Peter 3:18c-19, Ephesians 4:8-9, Hebrews 11:13-16, Hebrews 12:22-24).

Upvote 0

Bible2+

Sep 14, 2015
✟91,195.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
R. Hartono said in post #50:

Because Jesus will save us :

Note that the seven letters to seven churches in Revelation chapters 2-3 were sent to seven, literal, first century AD local church congregations in seven cities in the Roman province of "Asia" (Revelation 1:11) (what is today western Turkey).

Revelation 3:10 meant that the literal, first century AD, local church congregation in the city of Philadelphia (Revelation 3:7), in the Roman province of "Asia" (Revelation 1:11), would be kept safe from a persecution which came upon all the Roman world during the time of the Roman emperor Domitian. For the apostle John saw his Revelation vision (Revelation 1:1) near the end of Domitian's reign (Irenaeus, Against Heresies 5:30:3c), and Domitian persecuted the Church toward the end of his reign. The righteous, literal, first century AD, local church congregation in the city of Smyrna (Revelation 2:8), in the Roman province of "Asia" (Revelation 1:11), had to suffer and die in that persecution over a period of ten literal days (Revelation 2:10).

The first century AD church in Philadelphia did not have to be taken out of the world in order to be kept safe from (Greek: "ek") that persecution. For, as Jesus Christ prayed for the Church in general: "I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from (ek) the evil" (John 17:15,20). Also, the first century AD church in Philadelphia did not have to be removed from time itself, or from the earth, in order to be kept from the "hour", or the "time", of that persecution, just as, for example, a student in a classroom who has been excused from taking a test does not have to be removed from time itself, or from the classroom, in order to be excused from that time of testing. For he can be made to sit at his desk reading during that time, which will not be a time of testing for him.

Also, the first century AD persecution of Revelation 3:10 (and Revelation 2:10) was only "world"-wide in the sense of the Roman "world" (cf. Luke 2:1). So the subsequent reference to those on the "earth" in Revelation 3:10 should be understood as those Christians living on the earth during that time in the Roman empire, as opposed to those Christians who had already died and gone to heaven (cf. 2 Corinthians 5:8, Philippians 1:21,23).

R. Hartono said in post #50:

You have absolute rights to become a prepper for the grief tribulation.
As much as i hv the rights to believe in Jesus's promise to save His people.

The mistaken idea of a pre-tribulation rapture is dangerous, because when no pre-tribulation rapture occurs, and pre-trib Christians begin to suffer in the future Tribulation of Revelation chapters 6 to 18 and Matthew 24, they could think that God has somehow been defeated by Satan, that Satan by his power has caused a pre-trib rapture not to happen despite God wanting one to. Or they could think that God has cruelly broken His (supposed) promise, that He has pulled the rug out from under them, that He lied to them and must now be laughing at their surprise and suffering (Proverbs 1:26), so that in their rage they could curse God and commit apostasy during the Tribulation (Isaiah 8:21-22, Matthew 24:9-13, Matthew 13:21), to the ultimate loss of their salvation (Hebrews 6:4-8, John 15:6; 2 Timothy 2:12).

And even if they instead rightly think: "Okay, we must have just been mistaken in thinking that the rapture was supposed to be pre-tribulation. Satan has not defeated God, and God did not lie to us", nonetheless, because they had held so strongly to the pre-trib idea for so long, their minds could be unprepared to face the long Tribulation that lies ahead of them (just as holding too strongly to the mistaken idea of preterism, or historicism, or symbolicism, or spiritualism, could leave some Christians unprepared mentally to endure the future Tribulation).

The Bible gives those in the Church clear warning ahead of time about everything that they are going to have to face during the future Tribulation (Mark 13:23, Revelation chapters 6 to 18, Revelation 1:1, Revelation 22:16), so that they can be better prepared mentally not to be blindsided (1 Peter 4:12-13) or deceived by anything that is coming (Matthew 24:4-5,23-25, Revelation 13:13-18, Revelation 19:20), and so that they can be better prepared mentally to endure the future Tribulation with patience and faith to the end (Matthew 24:9-13, Revelation 13:7-10, Revelation 14:12-13, Revelation 20:4-6), that is, until death or until Jesus Christ's Second Coming, immediately after the Tribulation (Matthew 24:29-31, Revelation 19:2 to 20:6; 2 Thessalonians 2:1-8).

Upvote 0

Bible2+

Sep 14, 2015
✟91,195.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
R. Hartono said in post #56:

Matt 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened,....

When the rapture takes place the sun will still be shining
Matt 24:40 Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. (PEOPLE WORK IN THE FIELD DURING DAYLIGHT)

Note that those in the field (Luke 17:36a) could enter it while the sky is light. Then, while they are working, the sky could suddenly darken (Matthew 24:29), and one will be taken and one left (Luke 17:36b).

For Luke 17:26-37 and Matthew 24:37-41 refer only to what will happen at Jesus Christ's future, Second Coming, "when the Son of man is revealed" (Luke 17:30), "the coming of the Son of man" (Matthew 24:37,39), which Jesus had just finished saying will not occur until immediately after the future Tribulation (Matthew 24:29-31). Those "taken" at the Second Coming (Luke 17:34-36, Matthew 24:40-41) will be non-Christians who will be taken to where they will be killed by Jesus Himself, and birds will eat their dead bodies (Luke 17:36-37; Matthew 24:28, cf. Job 39:30b; Revelation 19:21). The Greek word "paralambano" ("taken": Luke 17:34-36, Matthew 24:40-41) can be used to refer to being taken to another place to be killed (John 19:16-18).

Those "left" where they are at Jesus Christ's future, Second Coming (Luke 17:34-36, Matthew 24:40-41) will include non-Christians who will be forced to come up annually to worship the returned Jesus in Jerusalem during the future Millennium (Zechariah 14:16-19). These non-Christians will have to be ruled with a rod of iron by Jesus and the physically resurrected Church during the Millennium (Revelation 2:26-29, Revelation 5:10, Revelation 20:4-6, Psalms 2, Psalms 66:3, Psalms 72:8-11). And their descendants will be deceived by Satan after the Millennium into committing the Gog/Magog rebellion (Revelation 20:7-10, Ezekiel chapters 38-39).

Before the Millennium, at Jesus Christ's future, Second Coming those in the Church will neither be "taken" and killed, nor "left" where they are, but will be "gathered together" (raptured) (Matthew 24:31; 2 Thessalonians 2:1) into the sky in order to hold a meeting in the air with the returned Jesus (1 Thessalonians 4:17). The purpose of this rapture meeting will be so that the Church can then be judged by Jesus (Psalms 50:3-5, cf. Mark 13:27), and then the obedient part of the Church can be married to Him (Revelation 19:7), in the sky, before He descends from the sky (the first heaven) in order to bring the Second-Coming wrath of God upon non-Christians (Revelation 19:14 to 20:3).

So Jesus Christ's future, Second Coming will be like "the days of Noah" (Matthew 24:37) and "the days of Lot" (Luke 17:28,30) in that just as Noah went into the ark before the Flood from God, and Lot went out from Sodom before it was destroyed by God, so the Church will be raptured into the sky at the Second Coming (1 Thessalonians 4:15-17, Matthew 24:30-31; 2 Thessalonians 2:1-8, Revelation 19:7), before Jesus Himself brings the Second-Coming wrath of God (Revelation 19:15 to 20:3, Luke 17:26-30, Matthew 24:37-39).

• Agree
Reactions: Riberra
Upvote 0