Was the 70th Week of Daniel Fulfilled during the First Century?

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟363,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Search engines are specifically created to minimize geese chases.

For those willing to use them.

Just one name.
You are seeking to divert, instead of discussing the topic.

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is mention of (Messiah) the Prince in those verses. What does any of that have to do with antichrist?

As to verse 27 it does not mention the Messiah. It is only assumed by some that the Messiah is meant.

If something involves abominations, between the following two choices, Christ and the ac, who is it more likely to involve that is committing abominations? If there was zero mention of abominations in Daniel 9:27, I would have zero reason to think any of this might involve the ac to begin with.

Everyone probably already knows by now, that my position is that every single thing mentioned in verse 27 are events that occur during the 70th week. And if Christ is meant in that verse, as some allege, and that there are no gaps in the 70 weeks, as some allege, but that I'm correct that every single thing mentioned in verse 27 occurs during the 70th week, one then ends up with nonsense rather than a correct interpretation, the fact anything involving abominations most certainly did not occur within 3.5 years after Christ went to the cross. I therefore am basing things on the fact that I see myself being correct that every single event recorded in verse 27 is meaning durring the 70th week. No one in their right mind that believes that to be true, would then apply anything in verse 27 to Christ.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟363,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The topic was fully discussed last time.

Your fallacy was debunked.

And I'm still waiting for just one name.
It was not a fallacy. And was not debunked because you never showed that Daniel had any vision in Daniel 9. You never tried to discuss what vision Daniel and Gabriel were speaking about in Daniel 9:21-24.

Instead you are trying to deflect and divert, hoping that the issue would just go away. What is in the text is not going away, jgr.

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟807,467.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It was not a fallacy. And was not debunked because you never showed that Daniel had any vision in Daniel 9. You never tried to discuss what vision Daniel and Gabriel were speaking about in Daniel 9:21-24.

Instead you are trying to deflect and divert, hoping that the issue would just go away. What is in the text is not going away, jgr.

Just one name.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟363,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Just one name.
Eschatology forum rules.

Statement of Purpose - Eschatology Forum Statement of Purpose

I. Address the post and not the poster
  • Address the content of the post and do not specifically attack a member or group of members.
  • Goading posts are intentionally or unintentionally baiting other members into responding with a flame.
  • Depending on context, the use of smilies may come across as flaming or goading.
  • It is not a flame for a member to disagree with another member's argument or opinion on a specific topic.

You are demanding something of me - the poster. And not addressing my post(s). I am not going to be goaded into going on a wild goose chase, that is irrelevant to the text of Daniel 8 and 9, and the topic of the thread and my posts.

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟807,467.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Eschatology forum rules.

Statement of Purpose - Eschatology Forum Statement of Purpose

I. Address the post and not the poster
  • Address the content of the post and do not specifically attack a member or group of members.
  • Goading posts are intentionally or unintentionally baiting other members into responding with a flame.
  • Depending on context, the use of smilies may come across as flaming or goading.
  • It is not a flame for a member to disagree with another member's argument or opinion on a specific topic.

You are demanding something of me - the poster. And not addressing my post(s). I am not going to be goaded into going on a wild goose chase, that is irrelevant to the text of Daniel 8 and 9, and the topic of the thread and my posts.

"It is not a flame for a member to disagree with another member's argument or opinion on a specific topic."

• Winner
Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟363,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
"It is not a flame for a member to disagree with another member's argument or opinion on a specific topic."
You are addressing the poster and not the post.

It's goading, because I never made any claim of support for the content of my post as being from a commentator in any of my posts.

Demanding that I reference a commentator is a violation of the rules.

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟807,467.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You are addressing the poster and not the post.

It's goading, because I never made any claim of support for the content of my post as being from a commentator in any of my posts.

Demanding that I reference a commentator is a violation of the rules.

You are violating the rules by demanding that I abandon 2,000 years of unanimous historical true Church orthodox scholarship for your delusional private interpretations.

Not gonna happen.

• Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟363,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You are violating the rules by demanding that I abandon 2,000 years of unanimous historical true Church orthodox scholarship for your delusional private interpretations.

Not gonna happen.
I think what you meant to say is that the contents of my posts disagrees with the eschatology view you hold. That is not a violation of the rules.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think what you meant to say is that the contents of my posts disagrees with the eschatology view you hold. That is not a violation of the rules.

Any member of this forum who cannot find another person on the planet who agrees with their interpretation of Daniel 9:27 should understand they have produced a private interpretation of scripture.

To state this fact would not be "goading", or "flaming", because the same criteria would apply to any of us.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟363,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Any member of this forum who cannot find another person on the planet who agrees with their interpretation of Daniel 9:27 should understand they have produced a private interpretation of scripture.

To state this fact would not be "goading", or "flaming", because the same criteria would apply to any of us.

It is goading because I never claimed support by citing a commentator. There is NO criteria that any person posting in this forum identify commentators that agree with his/her position. What you are doing by demanding citing a commentator is seeking an avenue not to have to deal with the content of
posts that contain material that is troublsome to your eschatology view.

Private interpretation has nothing to do with what readers of the bible are doing in interpreting what the scriptures in the bible mean.

Not being of "private interpretation" has to do with presenting the prophecies in the bible - by persons like Daniel, Ezekiel, Isaiah.

Not being of "private interpretation" is that the WRITERS of the scriptures were moved upon by the Holy Spirit to write the PROPHECIES in the scriptures in truth, and not something of themselves. Posters in this forum are not writing the scriptures, nor are making "thus saith the Lord" prophecies.

2Peter1:
20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is goading because I never claimed support by citing a commentator. There is NO criteria that any person posting in this forum identify commentators that agree with his/her position. What you are doing by demanding citing a commentator is seeking an avenue not to have to deal with the content of
posts that contain material that is troublsome to your eschatology view.

I am not demanding that a member of this forum should produce anything.

However, if any member of this forum cannot find another person who agrees with their interpretation of scripture, it reveals their interpretation for what it really is.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟363,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I am not demanding that a member of this forum should produce anything.

However, if any member of this forum cannot find another person who agrees with their interpretation of scripture, it reveals their interpretation for what it really is.

There is no relevancy of correct interpretation of scripture whether a person cites a commentator or not, or another person who holds the same interpretation or not. brow beating a poster to do so is a violation of the rules of the forum.

Address the post not the poster is the rule of this forum.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟118,506.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Read the recent book by David Wilcoxson "The 70th Week of Daniel 9 DECODED", if you want to understand what the Pilgrims included in the notes of the 1599 Geneva Bible.

See the link below for an interview with David Wilcoxson on Remnant Radio.
Daniel 9: with David Wilcoxson - YouTube

Is the New Covenant found in Daniel chapter 9?

Heb 12:22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,

Heb 12:23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,

Heb 12:24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

The 1599 Geneva Bible is the Bible the Pilgrims brought to America. What was their understanding of Daniel 9:27? Did they believe the “covenant with the many” in Daniel 9:27 is the “covenant with the many” in Matthew 26:28, which is the New Covenant? Did the angel Gabriel appear to Daniel to reveal the timeline of the Messiah who would fulfill the New Covenant promised in Jeremiah 31:31-34, and then the angel failed to even mention the New Covenant?

The following comes from the notes of the 1599 Geneva Bible.

………………………………………………………………

Dan 9:27 And he shal confirme the couenant with many for one weeke: and in the middes of the weeke he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the ouerspreading of the abominations, he shall make it desolate, euen vntill the consummation determined shalbe powred vpon the desolate.

Daniel 9:27

And he (a) shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to (b) cease, (c) and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make [it] desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

(a) By the preaching of the Gospel he affirmed his promise, first to the Jews, and after to the Gentiles.

(b) Christ accomplished this by his death and resurrection.

(c) Meaning that Jerusalem and the sanctuary would be utterly destroyed because of their rebellion against God, and their idolatry: or as some read, that the plague will be so great, that they will all be astonished at them.

………………………………………………………………………………

During recent years many New Covenant scholars have examined Daniel chapter 9 from a New Covenant perspective. Did Christ fulfill the summary found in Daniel 9:24? Is it about the New Covenant fulfilled by the blood of Christ at Calvary?

Dan 9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

Heb 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

Heb 10:17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more. (These two verses are quoted from Jeremiah 31:31-34.)

Heb 10:18 Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.

Act 10:38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

The death of the Messiah is found in Daniel 9:26, and there are only two possible singular antecedents for the word “he” in the next verse. Those antecedents are either Christ or Titus, who was the prince of the people that destroyed the temple during 70 AD.

Dan 9:26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

Dan 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Is the “he” in Daniel 9:27 the “Messiah”, or “the prince” of the people that destroyed the city and the sanctuary in verse 26? If we used “the people of the prince” it would not be a singular “he”.

Does the author of the Book of Hebrews connect the New Covenant with the Messiah’s death found in Daniel 9:26, in the verse below?

Heb 9:15 And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance. (NKJV)

Verse 26 also says the Messiah would be cut off “after” the 69 weeks. If I agree to paint your house “after” 69 weeks, it will not be painted until the 70th week, or after. Is there a “gap” of almost 2,000 years between the 69th week and the 70th week, or was it fulfilled during the first century when the Gospel was preached “first” to the Jews?

We know there is a time period when the Gospel was taken “first” to the Jews, as the Apostle Paul said in the verse below.

Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.

Can we find a time period of about seven years when the Gospel was taken “first” to Daniel’s people during the first century? If we can, we have good evidence that the 70th week of Daniel has already been fulfilled.

Did Christ command His disciples to take the Gospel only to Israel in the passage below?

Mat 10:5 These twelve Jesus sent out and commanded them, saying: "Do not go into the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter a city of the Samaritans.

Mat 10:6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Mat 10:7 And as you go, preach, saying, 'The kingdom of heaven is at hand.'

Is the time period when the Gospel was preached “first” (Rom. 1:16) to the Jews in the passage above, confirmed in the passage below?

Act 10:36 The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all:)

Act 10:37 That word, I say, ye know, which was published throughout all Judaea, and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached;

Act 10:38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

In the passage above Luke confirms the fact that the Gospel of Christ was preached throughout the land of Israel after the baptism which John preached. Here again, we have a text which reveals a time period when the Gospel was taken “first” to the Jews, as Paul said in Romans 1:16.

Bible scholars have looked at the number of Passover celebrations in the Gospels and have estimated Christ’s earthly ministry to have lasted about three and one half years. Was the Gospel taken “first” (Rom. 1:16) to the Jews for a period of about three and one half years during the period of time revealed in the Gospels?

How did Peter address the crowd on the Day of Pentecost when about 3,000 Israelites accepted the New Covenant promised in Jeremiah 31:31-34, and fulfilled by the blood of Christ at Calvary?

Act 2:36 "Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ."

We know there was a time period between Calvary and Paul’s conversion, because he held the coats of those who stoned Stephen. Since Pentecost was almost 2 months after Christ died at Calvary, we know a time period of several months may have occurred before Paul came to faith in Christ.

What did Paul say below about the time period between his conversion and the day he went to see Peter?

Gal 1:14 And profited in the Jews' religion above many my equals in mine own nation, being more exceedingly zealous of the traditions of my fathers.

Gal 1:15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,

Gal 1:16 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:

Gal 1:17 Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus.

Gal 1:18 Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and abode with him fifteen days.

In the passage above the Apostle Paul reveals there was a time period of about 3 years between the time of his conversion and the time he went to see Peter. Therefore, we know Paul did not start preaching the Gospel to the Gentiles until at least three years after his conversion.

Can we find a time period of about seven years when the Gospel was taken “first” (Rom. 1:16) to the Jews, before Paul began preaching the Gospel to the Gentiles?

3 ½ years during the earthly ministry of Christ

(Matt. 10:5-7, Acts 10:36-38)

Several months between Christ’s death and Paul’s conversion

3 years between Paul’s conversion and the time he went to see Peter.

(Galatians 1:14-18)

If the time periods above are added up we get a total time period of about seven years when the Gospel was taken “first” to Daniel’s people, before Paul took the Gospel to the Gentiles. Therefore, a New Covenant understanding of Daniel chapter 9 reveals the 70th week of Daniel occurred during the first century.

Did the sacrifices cease in the middle of the week, (after about 3 ½ years), when Christ died at Calvary? Why did God rip the temple veil in half at the moment Christ died? Even though the Jews continued to sacrifice animals after Calvary, were those sacrifices accepted by God? The answer to these questions can be found in the Book of Hebrews. Was Christ the final sacrifice for sin in Hebrews 10:16-18, in fulfillment of the New Covenant?

Very few modern Christians have ever heard the New Covenant interpretation of Daniel 9:27, which is found in the 1599 Geneva Bible.

No, no, absolutely. The 70th Week Daniel 9:v.27 will fulfill now in the FIRST CENTURY of this seventh and last millennium or seventh and last Day.

Revelation 10:v.5 to 7

5 And the angel which I saw stand upon the sea and upon the earth lifted up his hand to heaven,

6 And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer:

7 But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

The angel of the Lord had said the same things millennia before, as is transcribed below, and now, even now, in this Apocalyptic time, the prophecy will fulfill LITERALLY:

Daniel 12:v. 5 to 7

5 Then I Daniel looked, and, behold, there stood other two, the one on this side of the bank of the river, and the other on that side of the bank of the river.

6 And one said to the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, How long shall it be to the end of these wonders?

7 And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished.

Aleluiaaaa!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~THE WORD IS GOD~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

No, no, absolutely. The 70th Week Daniel 9:v.27 will fulfill now in the FIRST CENTURY of this seventh and last millennium or seventh and last Day.

Revelation 10:v.5 to 7

5 And the angel which I saw stand upon the sea and upon the earth lifted up his hand to heaven,

6 And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer:

7 But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

The angel of the Lord had said the same things millennia before, as is transcribed below, and now, even now, in this Apocalyptic time, the prophecy will fulfill LITERALLY:

Daniel 12:v. 5 to 7

5 Then I Daniel looked, and, behold, there stood other two, the one on this side of the bank of the river, and the other on that side of the bank of the river.

6 And one said to the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, How long shall it be to the end of these wonders?

7 And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished.

Aleluiaaaa!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~THE WORD IS GOD~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We are discussing Daniel chapter 9, instead of Daniel chapter 12.

The Seventy Weeks

Dan 9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
Dan 9:25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
Dan 9:26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
Dan 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

In the verse below Paul said the Gospel was taken "first" to the Jews.
When was this period of time, and how long did it last?

Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

See Matthew 10:5-7, and Acts 10:36-38, and Galatians 1:14-18, for the answer.

Do you think the angel Gabriel appeared to reveal the timeline of the Messiah who would fulfill the New Covenant promised in Jeremiah 31:31-34, and then the angel failed to even mention the New Covenant?
Or, is the covenant with the many in Daniel 9:27, the same covenant with the many in Matthew 26:28?

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟807,467.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There is no relevancy of correct interpretation of scripture whether a person cites a commentator or not, or another person who holds the same interpretation or not. brow beating a poster to do so is a violation of the rules of the forum.

Address the post not the poster is the rule of this forum.

Explain how a simple request for evidence from recognized Christian orthodoxy constitutes "brow beating".

Are you claiming that no one should ever be requested to provide such evidence?

• Winner
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟363,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Are you claiming that no one should ever be requested to provide such evidence?
The type of request, demand, that you are making is not evidence of whether the poster's post content is correct or not.
Explain how a simple request for evidence from recognized Christian orthodoxy constitutes "brow beating".
It is not evidence of whether the poster's post content is correct or not. Brow beating is after the poster declines the request, demand, and you continue.... examples... "Just one name." "I am still waiting."

The forum rule is to address the post, not the poster.

Upvote 0