Was the 70th Week of Daniel Fulfilled during the First Century?

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Read the recent book by David Wilcoxson "The 70th Week of Daniel 9 DECODED", if you want to understand what the Pilgrims included in the notes of the 1599 Geneva Bible.

See the link below for an interview with David Wilcoxson on Remnant Radio.
Daniel 9: with David Wilcoxson - YouTube

Is the New Covenant found in Daniel chapter 9?

Heb 12:22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,

Heb 12:23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,

Heb 12:24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

The 1599 Geneva Bible is the Bible the Pilgrims brought to America. What was their understanding of Daniel 9:27? Did they believe the “covenant with the many” in Daniel 9:27 is the “covenant with the many” in Matthew 26:28, which is the New Covenant? Did the angel Gabriel appear to Daniel to reveal the timeline of the Messiah who would fulfill the New Covenant promised in Jeremiah 31:31-34, and then the angel failed to even mention the New Covenant?

The following comes from the notes of the 1599 Geneva Bible.

………………………………………………………………

Dan 9:27 And he shal confirme the couenant with many for one weeke: and in the middes of the weeke he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the ouerspreading of the abominations, he shall make it desolate, euen vntill the consummation determined shalbe powred vpon the desolate.

Daniel 9:27

And he (a) shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to (b) cease, (c) and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make [it] desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

(a) By the preaching of the Gospel he affirmed his promise, first to the Jews, and after to the Gentiles.

(b) Christ accomplished this by his death and resurrection.

(c) Meaning that Jerusalem and the sanctuary would be utterly destroyed because of their rebellion against God, and their idolatry: or as some read, that the plague will be so great, that they will all be astonished at them.

………………………………………………………………………………

During recent years many New Covenant scholars have examined Daniel chapter 9 from a New Covenant perspective. Did Christ fulfill the summary found in Daniel 9:24? Is it about the New Covenant fulfilled by the blood of Christ at Calvary?

Dan 9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

Heb 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

Heb 10:17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more. (These two verses are quoted from Jeremiah 31:31-34.)

Heb 10:18 Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.

Act 10:38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

The death of the Messiah is found in Daniel 9:26, and there are only two possible singular antecedents for the word “he” in the next verse. Those antecedents are either Christ or Titus, who was the prince of the people that destroyed the temple during 70 AD.

Dan 9:26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

Dan 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Is the “he” in Daniel 9:27 the “Messiah”, or “the prince” of the people that destroyed the city and the sanctuary in verse 26? If we used “the people of the prince” it would not be a singular “he”.

Does the author of the Book of Hebrews connect the New Covenant with the Messiah’s death found in Daniel 9:26, in the verse below?

Heb 9:15 And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance. (NKJV)

Verse 26 also says the Messiah would be cut off “after” the 69 weeks. If I agree to paint your house “after” 69 weeks, it will not be painted until the 70th week, or after. Is there a “gap” of almost 2,000 years between the 69th week and the 70th week, or was it fulfilled during the first century when the Gospel was preached “first” to the Jews?

We know there is a time period when the Gospel was taken “first” to the Jews, as the Apostle Paul said in the verse below.

Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.

Can we find a time period of about seven years when the Gospel was taken “first” to Daniel’s people during the first century? If we can, we have good evidence that the 70th week of Daniel has already been fulfilled.

Did Christ command His disciples to take the Gospel only to Israel in the passage below?

Mat 10:5 These twelve Jesus sent out and commanded them, saying: "Do not go into the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter a city of the Samaritans.

Mat 10:6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Mat 10:7 And as you go, preach, saying, 'The kingdom of heaven is at hand.'

Is the time period when the Gospel was preached “first” (Rom. 1:16) to the Jews in the passage above, confirmed in the passage below?

Act 10:36 The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all:)

Act 10:37 That word, I say, ye know, which was published throughout all Judaea, and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached;

Act 10:38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

In the passage above Luke confirms the fact that the Gospel of Christ was preached throughout the land of Israel after the baptism which John preached. Here again, we have a text which reveals a time period when the Gospel was taken “first” to the Jews, as Paul said in Romans 1:16.

Bible scholars have looked at the number of Passover celebrations in the Gospels and have estimated Christ’s earthly ministry to have lasted about three and one half years. Was the Gospel taken “first” (Rom. 1:16) to the Jews for a period of about three and one half years during the period of time revealed in the Gospels?

How did Peter address the crowd on the Day of Pentecost when about 3,000 Israelites accepted the New Covenant promised in Jeremiah 31:31-34, and fulfilled by the blood of Christ at Calvary?

Act 2:36 "Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ."

We know there was a time period between Calvary and Paul’s conversion, because he held the coats of those who stoned Stephen. Since Pentecost was almost 2 months after Christ died at Calvary, we know a time period of several months may have occurred before Paul came to faith in Christ.

What did Paul say below about the time period between his conversion and the day he went to see Peter?

Gal 1:14 And profited in the Jews' religion above many my equals in mine own nation, being more exceedingly zealous of the traditions of my fathers.

Gal 1:15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,

Gal 1:16 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:

Gal 1:17 Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus.

Gal 1:18 Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and abode with him fifteen days.

In the passage above the Apostle Paul reveals there was a time period of about 3 years between the time of his conversion and the time he went to see Peter. Therefore, we know Paul did not start preaching the Gospel to the Gentiles until at least three years after his conversion.

Can we find a time period of about seven years when the Gospel was taken “first” (Rom. 1:16) to the Jews, before Paul began preaching the Gospel to the Gentiles?

3 ½ years during the earthly ministry of Christ

(Matt. 10:5-7, Acts 10:36-38)

Several months between Christ’s death and Paul’s conversion

3 years between Paul’s conversion and the time he went to see Peter.

(Galatians 1:14-18)

If the time periods above are added up we get a total time period of about seven years when the Gospel was taken “first” to Daniel’s people, before Paul took the Gospel to the Gentiles. Therefore, a New Covenant understanding of Daniel chapter 9 reveals the 70th week of Daniel occurred during the first century.

Did the sacrifices cease in the middle of the week, (after about 3 ½ years), when Christ died at Calvary? Why did God rip the temple veil in half at the moment Christ died? Even though the Jews continued to sacrifice animals after Calvary, were those sacrifices accepted by God? The answer to these questions can be found in the Book of Hebrews. Was Christ the final sacrifice for sin in Hebrews 10:16-18, in fulfillment of the New Covenant?

Very few modern Christians have ever heard the New Covenant interpretation of Daniel 9:27, which is found in the 1599 Geneva Bible.

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Yes it was fulfilled after the 69th week in a 70 weeks-of-years (490 year) timeline in Daniel 9.. One that accurately predicted the first coming of Christ -- as Messiah.

1. All apocalyptic timelines - (like the 70 weeks timeline of Daniel 9) use day-for-year.
2. Each and every prophetic timeline in the Bible is a contiguous timeline. No slicing and dicing it up into tiny pieces and strewing them all over history with gaps of unknown-length-of-time inserted into the pieces.

after applying those two obvious rules - the rest is easy.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Go to Daniel 9:27, the verse about the 70th week.

In the middle part of the 70th week, the person stops the daily sacrifice (as conducted in the morning and evening)

In Daniel 8:26, the vision of the daily sacrifice being stopped is for many days from Daniel's time and is shut up from understanding until the time of the end (implied).

In Daniel 9:20, Gabriel appears to Daniel, who Daniel first saw in the vision in Daniel 8.

In Daniel 9:23, as part of the 70 weeks, that vision of the time of the end is referred to by Gabriel.

Putting it all together, the little horn stopping the daily sacrifice will be time of the end, in the middle part of the 70th week.

"whom I had seen in the vision at the beginning" is a way of saying in the vision Daniel had first seen Gabriel, in Daniel 8, at an earlier time in the third year of King Belshazzar . Daniel 9 is later, in the first year of Darius.

21 Yea, whiles I was speaking in prayer, even the man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the vision at the beginning, being caused to fly swiftly, touched me about the time of the evening oblation.

22 And he informed me, and talked with me, and said, O Daniel, I am now come forth to give thee skill and understanding.

23 At the beginning of thy supplications the commandment came forth, and I am come to shew thee; for thou art greatly beloved: therefore understand the matter, and consider the vision.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
2. Each and every prophetic timeline in the Bible is a contiguous timeline. No slicing and dicing it up into tiny pieces and strewing them all over history with gaps of unknown-length-of-time inserted into the pieces.
If so, there would be no phrases in the bible referred to as the time of the end, latter days, latter years.

Between Jesus being cutoff, crucified, and the events of the 70th week - is the time of the gentiles. Which is not numerically specified. But indicated by 1967, Jerusalem, the fig tree in the parable of the fig tree, became back in the hands of the Jews. Which that generation will witness the 70th week events, and Jesus's return.

Reactions: Brian Mcnamee
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Since the Messiah is cut off "after" the 69th week in Daniel 9:26, verse 27 is not the only verse about the 70th week.

Based on Hebrews 9:15, and Hebrews 12:22-24, the Messiah's death cannot be separated from the New Covenant fulfilled by His blood.

The Seventy Weeks

Dan 9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
Dan 9:25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
Dan 9:26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
Dan 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Between Jesus being cutoff, crucified, and the events of the 70th week - is the time of the gentiles. Which is not numerically specified.

Based on the words of Jesus below, the times of the Gentiles comes to fullness at the Second Coming of Christ.

Luk 21:24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.
Luk 21:25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;
Luk 21:26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.
Luk 21:27 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

The "70 weeks" -- 70 weeks of years ... ie 490 year timeline of Dan 9 only works as 490 years (or as 70 weeks of years) if you do not slice it up and insert vast gaps of unknown time into it that include things like 1000's of years of time "inserted" into the text.

In the middle part of the 70th week, the person stops the daily sacrifice

The last 7 years begins in 27 A.D. that is at the 483 year point in time along that 490 year timeline

In the middle of the last 7 years of that single 490 year timeline - the Messiah is "cut off' (as Isaiah 53 also points out). 31.A.D.

All aspects of that fulfillment are explicitly noted in the NT.

"He makes a firm covenant" - "This is the New Covenant in My blood". Christ ratifies the New Covenant of Jer 31:31-33 with His blood.

"he puts a stop to sacrifice and offering" Heb 10:4-12 He "takes a away the first to establish the second" -- where the subject is "sacrifices and offerings"

Instead of inserting guesswork - the NT text tells us exactly how Christ fulfills that 490 year timeline's end points.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
If so, there would be no phrases in the bible referred to as the time of the end, latter days, latter years.

Why not?

Dan 8 has a 2300 year timeline pointing to the end.
Dan 8: 19 And he said, “Behold, I am going to inform you of what will occur at the final period of the indignation, because it pertains to the appointed time of the end.

Dan 9 has a 490 year timeline pointing to the first coming of Christ, the work of the Messiah. (no mention there are "time of the end"

===========================
notice that there are no "gaps" in the 490 year (70 weeks) timeline

R19307f92e2be502f2447221d74b65df8

Upvote 0

Christian Gedge

Nov 29, 2017
Waikato
Visit site
✟227,210.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
BobRyan said:

I appreciate the good work SDA scholars have put into the 457 BC start of the 70 weeks, but I can't accept your year-day theory for each and every prophecy. Some are 'years', some are 'days.' (For example the 2300 days)

Also, the old historicist timelines as shown are faulty. (For example the Northern kingdom captivity) It seems that you are forcing them to arrive on William Millers unfortunate 1844 calculation. Sorry, cannot accept.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I appreciate the good work SDA scholars have put into the 457 BC start of the 70 weeks, but I can't accept your year-day theory for each and every prophecy.

It is not for every prophecy - but for every apocalyptic prophecy. So for example in Dan 9:1-2 we see the 70 years of Jeremiah's prophecy referenced - it is not day-for-year.

But as you agree - the apocalyptic 70 weeks timeline of Dan 9 is day for year.

And so we have two keys

1. All timelines are contiguous.
2. All apocalyptic timelines are day-for-year.

In Daniel 8 - the 2300 day-for-year timeline is missing a starting event... which it is given in Dan 9 with the start of the 490 year timeline.

Daniel 8 ends like this (regarding the 2300 year prophecy)

27 Then I, Daniel, was exhausted and sick for days. Then I got up again and carried on the king’s business; but I was astounded at the vision, and there was none to explain it.

Daniel 9 pics up with a key part of the explanation needed for the 2300 years - which is the starting event.

20 Now while I was speaking and praying, and confessing my sin and the sin of my people Israel, and presenting my supplication before the Lord my God in behalf of the holy mountain of my God, 21 while I was still speaking in prayer, then the man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the vision previously, came to me in my extreme weariness about the time of the evening offering. 22 He gave me instruction and talked with me and said, “O Daniel, I have now come forth to give you insight with understanding. 23 At the beginning of your supplications the command was issued, and I have come to tell you, for you are highly esteemed; so give heed to the message and gain understanding of the vision.

So the 70 weeks timeline is given in context - as the explanation of the missing piece in Dan 8 - which is that they never gave a start point for the 2300 year timeline.

So in Dan 9 the start is given this way -

24 “Seventy weeks have been decreed for your people and your holy city, to finish the transgression, to make an end of sin, to make atonement for iniquity, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy and to anoint the most holy place. 25 So you are to know and discern that from the issuing of a decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until Messiah the Prince there will be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks; it will be built again, with plaza and moat, even in times of distress.

That 483 segment gives the start not only for the 490 years but also for the 2300 years - because this given as an "explanation" of the vision of Dan 8, in that it gives the missing piece left out of Dan 8. (the start point)

=================

In Daniel 7 we have the 1260 years of the dark ages predicted just as it is in Rev 11,12,13.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Why not?

Dan 8: 19 And he said, “Behold, I am going to inform you of what will occur at the final period of the indignation, because it pertains to the appointed time of the end.
Time of the end is denoted as being....

Daniel 12:4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

The age of the internet, cars, airplanes, TV, radio, computers.

• Agree
Reactions: DavidPT
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Why not?

Dan 9 has a 490 year timeline pointing to the first coming of Christ, the work of the Messiah. (no mention there are "time of the end"

Bob, Gog/Magog takes place in the latter years, latter days in Ezekiel 38 text. I don't see it on your chart.

In Ezekiel 39, Gog's army will be buried in a mass grave site in Israel. No such grave site exists in Israel, proving that Gog/Magog has not happened yet, and that the latter years, latter days are not a thing of the past.

• Agree
Reactions: DavidPT
Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why not?

Where exactly is it on your timeline that involves all of the following?

and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined----and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Your timeline appears to ignore these parts. And if so, why? It's not like those events are not recorded in Daniel 9.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Instead of inserting guesswork - the NT text tells us exactly how Christ fulfills that 490 year timeline's end points.
Bob, your chart shows the 490 years ending with the stoning of Stephen, not Jesus's return.

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Clearly, and I fully realize many dispute and deny this, Daniel 9:27 is meaning the 70th week, meaning every single thing recorded in that verse. What does consummation mean in that verse to you if not anything involving the end of something? How can the stoning of Stephen possibly be the consummation meant in Daniel 9:27?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Clearly, and I fully realize many dispute and deny this, Daniel 9:27 is meaning the 70th week, meaning every single thing recorded in that verse. What does consummation mean in that verse to you if not anything involving the end of something? How can the stoning of Stephen possibly be the consummation meant in Daniel 9:27?

24 “Seventy weeks have been decreed for your people and your holy city, to finish the transgression, to make an end of sin, to make atonement for iniquity, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy and to anoint the most holy place. 25 So you are to know and discern that from the issuing of a decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until Messiah the Prince there will be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks; it will be built again, with plaza and moat, even in times of distress. 26 Then after the sixty-two weeks the Messiah will be cut off and have nothing, and the people of the prince who is to come will destroy the city and the sanctuary. And its end will come with a flood; even to the end there will be war; desolations are determined. 27 And he will make a firm covenant with the many for one week, but in the middle of the week he will put a stop to sacrifice and grain offering; and on the wing of abominations will come one who makes desolate, even until a complete destruction, one that is decreed, is poured out on the one who makes desolate.”

Dan 9:24 - it is a 70 week - (490 day ... day-for-year... 490 year timeline)
Dan 9:25 that 490 year timeline starts with the decree in 457 B.C.

============= confirm a covenant =============
Dan 9:27 "He" (the Messiah) will make a firm covenant. -- will confirm/establish/ratify the covenant. (the New Covenant"
NKJV: Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week

1 Corinthians 11:25 "This cup is the new covenant in My blood."
The New Covenant of Jer 31:31-34 is ratified in the sacrifice of Christ - 1 Cor 11:25

============ take away sacrifice and offerings ============
Dan 9:27 he will put a stop to sacrifice and grain offering;
Heb 10:4-12
4 For it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins. 5 Therefore, when He comes into the world, He says,
Sacrifice and offering You have not desired,
But a body You have prepared for Me;
6 In whole burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin You have taken no pleasure.
7 “Then I said, ‘Behold, I have come
(In the scroll of the book it is written of Me)
To do Your will, O God.’”
8 After saying above, “Sacrifices and offerings and whole burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin You have not desired, nor have You taken pleasure in them” (which are offered according to the Law), 9 then He said, “Behold, I have come to do Your will.” He takes away the first in order to establish the second. 10 By this will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Bob, your chart shows the 490 years ending with the stoning of Stephen, not Jesus's return.

that is true.

And it shows that the Messiah arrives (first coming) at end of the 69th week of years.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined----and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

As noted earlier - Daniel 9 with it's 490 year timeline - is given as the needed explanation for Daniel 8 (2300 year timeline). It describes the start point and segments through the end of 490, but Daniel 9 also makes reference to other parts of the Daniel 8 vision that would come after the 490 years for context. Still the 490 years turn out to be very important even if they do not reach to the destruction of Jerusalem by the Romans in 70 A.D.

For example Jerusalem would be destroyed (in 70 A.D.) after the 490 years end.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Your timeline appears to ignore these parts. And if so, why? It's not like those events are not recorded in Daniel 9.

Those events are not said to occur in the Daniel 9 text at any specific point in the 490 year timeline.

Those events refer back to Daniel 8 and as noted in the text for Daniel 9 - it is explicitly given as an explanation for Daniel 8

Dan 8
21 The shaggy goat represents the kingdom of Greece, and the large horn that is between his eyes is the first king. 22 The broken horn and the four horns that arose in its place represent four kingdoms which will arise from his nation, although not with his power.
23 “In the latter period of their rule,
When the transgressors have run their course,
A king will arise,
Insolent and skilled in intrigue.
24 “His power will be mighty, but not by his own power,
And he will destroy to an extraordinary degree
And prosper and perform his will;
He will destroy mighty men and the holy people
25 “And through his shrewdness
He will cause deceit to succeed by his influence;
And he will magnify himself in his heart,
And he will destroy many while they are at ease.
He will even oppose the Prince of princes,

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
that is true.

And it shows that the Messiah arrives (first coming) at end of the 69th week of years.
Jesus was hailed as the messiah King of Israel entering Jerusalem on Palms Sunday in John 12:12-15.

4 days later, he was crucified on Good Friday.

on the 3rd day later, he rose from the dead on Easter Sunday.

All at the end of the 69 week.

Upvote 0