Was an antidote made by Christ for original sin?

peter2

Ordinary life contemplative
Oct 10, 2015
✟54,190.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Yes, another theory of mine:
A kind of antidote for original sin began to exist in Christ bearing testimony to truth before Pilate, in John, to His divine nature before the sanhedrin, in Luke.
Starting point in human history of a testimony through which was warded off bad luck of death for any believer, whose testimony of faith completes the rehabilitation of truth.
Do you think like me that it can be called 'antidote'?
That truth is worth being rehabilitated by us?

Cat Loaf You

Dec 11, 2017
Warsaw
✟22,505.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The "antidote" was not testimony before Pilate but hanging on tree as curse so we don't have to be cursed forever .

Deuteronomy 21:23
His body shall not remain all night upon the tree, but thou shalt in any wise bury him that day; (for he that is hanged is accursed of God;) that thy land be not defiled, which the LORD thy God giveth thee for an inheritance.

Galatians 3

13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Upvote 0

peter2

Oct 10, 2015
✟54,190.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The "antidote" was not testimony before Pilate but hanging on tree as curse so we don't have to be cursed forever .
Sorry to disagree
Yes it was of course: Through the believing of false words had sin and death entered the Eden garden, only through the believing of true words, can men deny the lie, rehabilitate truth and cooperate thus to their salvation.
To hang Jesus on a cross as curse was the artificial means by which Satan hoped to make Jesus's testimony appear as a usurpation. Your true following assertion about our escaping the curse is mere consequence.

Upvote 0
Sep 1, 2012
France
✟105,906.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A kind of antidote for original sin began to exist in Christ bearing testimony to truth before Pilate, in John, to His divine nature before the sanhedrin, in Luke.
Starting point in human history of a testimony through which was warded off bad luck of death for any believer, whose testimony of faith completes the rehabilitation of truth.
Sorry to disagree
Yes it was of course: Through the believing of false words had sin and death entered the Eden garden, only through the believing of true words, can men deny the lie, rehabilitate truth and cooperate thus to their salvation.
To hang Jesus on a cross as curse was the artificial means by which Satan hoped to make Jesus's testimony appear as a usurpation. Your true following assertion about our escaping the curse is mere consequence.

Hello Peter2 - As you say a " theory of mine" but a theory that does not accord with God's word.
Original sin did not require and antidote, it required an atonement. That has been provided by God at the cross, once, for all who believe.
The believers testimony does not complete or rehabilitate truth, we only need to live it. Truth - is Jesus Christ - is complete - He lives by his Spirit in the hearts of all who have received, by faith, salvation.
Our co-operation with our Saviour is not "to our salvation". It is because of our salvation (from our salvation) that we co-operate with our Saviour.
Whatever Satan and his agents may have been thinking at that time, it was The Father who put Christ on the cross to make the atonement necessary for our salvation.

... Jesus of Nazareth, a Man attested by God to you by miracles, wonders, and signs which God did through Him in your midst, as you yourselves also know— 23 Him, being delivered by the determined purpose and foreknowledge of God, you have taken by lawless hands, have crucified, and put to death; 24 whom God raised up, ...
Acts 2

Dieu soit béni!
><>

Upvote 0

peter2

Oct 10, 2015
✟54,190.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hello,
I think it's made every Sunday morning if you know where to look.
The meaning sounds rather similar, but the word "antidote" does not appear in the scripture, word that sounds more explicit, may be too explicit to be true. What's more, I developped the analysis of this new genesis of grace I suppose what I call antidote is made of, and it adds sense or explanation, wrongly or rightly, to the scripture. May be it's just a bit of another illusion.

Upvote 0

peter2

Oct 10, 2015
✟54,190.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The believers testimony does not complete
I never told men could complete something that's already complete, and whose fullness is quite independant of how men deal with it. It's only through the belief that they are able to rehabilitate its credibility. I think it's obvious, and it gives back to God the recognition of the truthfullness of the words whose truthfulness which Adam and Eve have doubted. Men, through this recognition, fulfill the words of the "our Father", that is :"hallowed be thy name", or make yourself recognised as God, in Matthew. This is still hypothesis though.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

What's more, I developped the analysis of this new genesis of grace I suppose
what I call antidote is made of,

Hello sir ...

:)

I would only ask ... do you think perhaps everything was already developed in Christianity, rather than waiting for an insight to come 20 centuries later?

I think I see the direction you might be heading though, and there IS fruit there. God indeed works out "anti-dotes". Our hymns are full of them.

A virgin woman (Eve) said no to God, causing the fall. A virgin woman (Mary) said yes to God, opening the way for restoration.

The first Adam sinned and opened the curse of death. The New Adam (Christ) obeyed, and destroyed death.

On the tree of knowledge of good and evil hung our downfall. On the tree of the Cross hung our restoration.

And on and on. History is FULL of them, types and anti-types.

And yes,
Believing a lie caused the fall, believing Truth restores. (But the Truth of the Gospel.)

But there are safe places to learn of such things. Our imaginations can lead into dangerous places.

God be with you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Your true following assertion about our escaping the curse is mere consequence.

And I would have to disagree ... escaping the curse of death is not a mere consequence. It was perhaps the most important reason for Christ's resurrection.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

peter2

Oct 10, 2015
✟54,190.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I would only ask ... do you think perhaps everything was already developed in Christianity, rather than waiting for an insight to come 20 centuries later?

I think I see the direction you might be heading though, and there IS fruit there. God indeed works out "anti-dotes". Our hymns are full of them.

A virgin woman (Eve) said no to God, causing the fall. A virgin woman (Mary) said yes to God, opening the way for restoration.

The first Adam sinned and opened the curse of death. The New Adam (Christ) obeyed, and destroyed death.

On the tree of knowledge of good and evil hung our downfall. On the tree of the Cross hung our restoration.

And on and on. History is FULL of them, types and anti-types.

And yes,
Believing a lie caused the fall, believing Truth restores. (But the Truth of the Gospel.)

But there are safe places to learn of such things. Our imaginations can lead into dangerous places.

God be with you.

Thank you Anastasia

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sep 1, 2012
France
✟105,906.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It was actually men; so Jesus said when making his recurrent announces of Passion.

And He said, “Abba, Father, all things are possible for You. Take this cup away from Me; nevertheless, not what I will, but what You will.
Mark 14:36

Go well
><>

Upvote 0

peter2

Oct 10, 2015
✟54,190.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
And He said, “Abba, Father, all things are possible for You. Take this cup away from Me; nevertheless, not what I will, but what You will.
Mark 14:36
Yes afishamongmany, but I assume God let it be accomplished willingly for men's salvation, but grudgingly for his Son. It would be consistent with the idea that Jesus is in the father, and the father is in Him, probably on the heart's point of view, and both of them accepting lovingly this sacrifice too, for men's salvation. Isn't God good and kind?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

peter2

Oct 10, 2015
✟54,190.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
But there are safe places to learn of such things
Hello Anastasia, thanks for your concern.
The fact is, I' m just a simple mind, nostalgic of the happy endings of old movies, when truth and justice sprang. Of course, I enjoy knowing truth, but its sharing fills me more with enthousiasm.
God bless

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,989.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There are so many patterns in scripture that lead from the seeds of Genesis on thru the rest of the old and new testament that are culminated in Revelation. Perhaps what you mean by warding off bad luck is just obedience to the Word of God? I may not be understanding the Op

Upvote 0

peter2

Oct 10, 2015
✟54,190.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps what you mean by warding off bad luck is just obedience to the Word of God?
Hello Cassia,
Well, not only: The words Satan said to them suggested that God had lied. First testimony of Satan that Adam and Eve began to believe. Disobedience is just the consequence that reveals suspicion had turned distrust in their mind. So, It looks like the first offense by men was made of a disbelief of God's words. What's more, it's likely that this disbelief led their imagination to suppose wrong things about God, and thus began their separation.
But to come back to the first offense, if it was really made of a disbelief, the only mean to bear reparation to Truth, was to believe again through conversion, that is, to recognize the sin through testimony of bad behaviour. (In the case of original sin, this original bad behaviour is a wrong opinion of God). To perform this, John the Baptist came baptizing in order to dispose men to realize their errors through a right belief. And the recognizing of their sin is a belief that implies the recognition of God's word as well. God is no longer suspected of lie.
After the recognizing of their sins, remained to apologize for the sins and to get their remission. As for the remission of sin, I have no idea yet of how it's working, I' ll have to meditate.
To check death, a new proposition of belief, to be or not to be believed had to be made transmissible through the mean of testimony, that is, through word. happy is he that believes without having seen, and the truth Jesus told Pilate He had come to bear testimony to, namely, that He is the Messiah, son of God, is to men an assertion in word, uncheckable with eyes. It can only be believed or not. Such was the case too for Adam and Eve of the warning God gave them, namely that they would die in case of their eating the tree. They thought they were immortal; they were not..
I hope your reading was not too boring.
Friendly,
Peter

• Friendly
Reactions: “Paisios”
Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,989.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello Cassia,
Well, not only: The words Satan said to them suggested that God had lied. First testimony of Satan that Adam and Eve began to believe. Disobedience is just the consequence that reveals suspicion had turned distrust in their mind. So, It looks like the first offense by men was made of a disbelief of God's words. What's more, it's likely that this disbelief led their imagination to suppose wrong things about God, and thus began their separation.
But to come back to the first offense, if it was really made of a disbelief, the only mean to bear reparation to Truth, was to believe again through conversion, that is, to recognize the sin through testimony of bad behaviour. (In the case of original sin, this original bad behaviour is a wrong opinion of God).
Thus began their separation ... compromise of beliefs always begins the v in the road that leads further and further from God. In agreeing with the devil and giving concessions for it would be, rather than having a direct line drawn to the Father which produces light, the knowledge of good and evil now projects humanity into immensity. There's no longer a line straight drawn to the Father. The line is in need of being reconnected to God and not to self, the world and to satan.

To perform this, John the Baptist came baptizing in order to dispose men to realize their errors through a right belief. And the recognizing of their sin is a belief that implies the recognition of God's word as well. God is no longer suspected of lie.
Truth has prevailed when repentance thru conviction by the Holy Spirit is heard in the heart that suddenly sees the light. A true point of reference is recognized.

After the recognizing of their sins, remained to apologize for the sins and to get their remission. As for the remission of sin, I have no idea yet of how it's working, I' ll have to meditate.
The remission of sins is complete forgiveness from the Father. The prodigal has come home.

To check death, a new proposition of belief, to be or not to be believed had to be made transmissible through the mean of testimony, that is, through word.
From instant heart knowledge, head knowledge must work thru data to come to the decision of the will to mentally and physically carry out the act of agreement over and over again. But the line has been reconnected. There is the option open tho to quench the teaching from the Holy Spirit to the heart in which case the line gets either clearer and clearer or darker and darker as compromise sets in again. But now the suspicion goes in the opposite direction against selfish beliefs.

happy is he that believes without having seen, and the truth Jesus told Pilate He had come to bear testimony to, namely, that He is the Messiah, son of God, is to men an assertion in word, uncheckable with eyes.
Cool, a good way of saying walking by faith and not by sight. His Kingdom is not of this world but eyes are given to see into it.

It can only be believed or not. Such was the case too for Adam and Eve of the warning God gave them, namely that they would die in case of their eating the tree. They thought they were immortal; they were not..
Amen. But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

I hope your reading was not too boring.
Friendly,
Peter
Not at all. You always come across as friendly! Something that I could learn from often. We all learn from each other. It's that conversational alignment in terms again that speaks the same spiritual language.Whether understood by the mind or not. Sometimes it takes an emptying of compromises and suspicions to understand.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hello Anastasia, thanks for your concern.
The fact is, I' m just a simple mind, nostalgic of the happy endings of old movies, when truth and justice sprang. Of course, I enjoy knowing truth, but its sharing fills me more with enthousiasm.
God bless
God bless you too. :)

• Friendly
Reactions: peter2
Upvote 0