Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Genesis actually has two different accounts of the order of creation. One is from the northern tribes, the second is from the southern tribes. Both were included when compiling the Torah.
Moses wrote Genesis, his account is what we read. The Lord gave it to him verbatim and so there is no question or differentiation within the book -- It is God's word and it has not be distorted. Only revisionists, theistic evolutionists and the like try to misinterpret or change what is written.

Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟342,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Back to the model and it's 'predictive' ability... in this model, God created different kinds. He also allowed for adaptation to the environment for these different kinds to thrive (to be fruitful and multiply... and behold, it was very good indeed!). How can you say the Bible cannot predict what will be seen in genomes?
Because it can't. "Genomes should be similar" is not much of a prediction. I can tell you how they will be different, based on common descent. I can tell you that some kinds of difference will be more common than other kinds, for example -- because some kinds of mutation happen more often, and the differences between species are ultimately the result of mutations.
Now, I don't know if your a scientist, but you CAN still do good science to the glory of God and believe His word is true about creation.
Lots of scientists can but I can't. I'm a geneticist, and quite a bit of what we do, and what we see in DNA, makes no sense unless common descent is true.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Modern Science demonstrates that anatomically modern humans appeared in Ethiopia 200,000 years ago and migrated to every continent by 60,000 to 30,000 years ago. The evidence of this is:
  1. fossils
  2. analysis of DNA and genetics from ancient remains

Time is not limited to being merely one straight line........
We cannot rule out G-d creating other Adam and Eve prototypes previous to the Adam and Eve of Genesis ........

I should try to dig up what Dr. Richard Eby wrote about pre-history.....
and how far back it really could go......

Upvote 0

NobleMouse

We have nothing, if not belief in the Lord
Sep 19, 2017
Mid West
✟47,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because it can't. "Genomes should be similar" is not much of a prediction. I can tell you how they will be different, based on common descent. I can tell you that some kinds of difference will be more common than other kinds, for example -- because some kinds of mutation happen more often, and the differences between species are ultimately the result of mutations.
So, if the Bible gave specific models on how genomes operate, you'd be 'cool' with it then? The Bible also doesn't get into the specifics of how stars work either, but this does not mean it does not give an accurate framework for astronomical models. The problem with evolution is that it is outside of the biblical framework of how God tells us He created everything. Developing scientific theories, testing, and research are all great but if one starts without God in the picture, it is of no surprise the conclusion also excludes him - like any process: garbage in, garbage out.

Lots of scientists can but I can't. I'm a geneticist, and quite a bit of what we do, and what we see in DNA, makes no sense unless common descent is true.
Almost a perfect match:

"An axiomatic statement often repeated by biologists is: “Nothing makes sense in biology, except in the light of evolution”

This comes from Dr. John C. Sanford, who is a plant geneticist, also invented the Biolistic Particle Delivery System (gene gun) and is the author of Genetic Entropy & the Mystery of the Genome.

Seems he is doing quite well and doing good science for the glory of his Heavenly Father
Geneticist Evolution Impossible - creation.com

Be of courage, rejecting the academic dogma taught in universities will not make you a bad scientist, even if you are a geneticist.

Respectfully in Christ,
"Reepicheep"

Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟342,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So, if the Bible gave specific models on how genomes operate, you'd be 'cool' with it then?
Cool with what, the Bible? I'm cool with testing any testable model of the physical world.
The Bible also doesn't get into the specifics of how stars work either, but this does not mean it does not give an accurate framework for astronomical models.
But in fact, it doesn't give any kind of framework for astronomical models. Astronomical models made by Christian scientists are the same as those made by non-Christians, with the rare exception of young-earth creationists. The same is true of evolution.
"An axiomatic statement often repeated by biologists is: “Nothing makes sense in biology, except in the light of evolution”
Better to quote from later in the same essay (which is by Dobzhansky): "It is wrong to hold creation and evolution as mutually exclusive alternatives. I am a creationist and an evolutionist."
This comes from Dr. John C. Sanford, who is a plant geneticist, also invented the Biolistic Particle Delivery System (gene gun) and is the author of Genetic Entropy & the Mystery of the Genome.

Seems he is doing quite well and doing good science for the glory of his Heavenly Father
Geneticist Evolution Impossible - creation.com
When he did science, he seems to have done fine work -- work that did not touch on evolution in any way. The same cannot be said of his attempts to square his creationist beliefs with population genetics data.
Be of courage, rejecting the academic dogma taught in universities will not make you a bad scientist, even if you are a geneticist.
My courage is just fine, thanks. As I already told you, what you just said is wrong. I really cannot make sense of genetic data except in light of common descent. I've repeatedly asked creationists to provide alternative explanations for the data, and they've never been able to do so. There's really nothing there.

Upvote 0

NobleMouse

Sep 19, 2017
Mid West
✟47,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Cool with what, the Bible? I'm cool with testing any testable model of the physical world.

But in fact, it doesn't give any kind of framework for astronomical models. Astronomical models made by Christian scientists are the same as those made by non-Christians, with the rare exception of young-earth creationists. The same is true of evolution.

Better to quote from later in the same essay (which is by Dobzhansky): "It is wrong to hold creation and evolution as mutually exclusive alternatives. I am a creationist and an evolutionist."

When he did science, he seems to have done fine work -- work that did not touch on evolution in any way. The same cannot be said of his attempts to square his creationist beliefs with population genetics data.

My courage is just fine, thanks. As I already told you, what you just said is wrong. I really cannot make sense of genetic data except in light of common descent. I've repeatedly asked creationists to provide alternative explanations for the data, and they've never been able to do so. There's really nothing there.
Thank you for your replies and your time. Regards -

Respectfully in Christ,
"Reepicheep"

Upvote 0

Grandliseur

Nov 15, 2017
Naha
✟10,561.00
Country
Japan
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Modern Science demonstrates that anatomically modern humans appeared in Ethiopia 200,000 years ago and migrated to every continent by 60,000 to 30,000 years ago. The evidence of this is:
  1. fossils
Fossils
All such remains get dated by methods that many Creationist scientists find suspect. Even their attempts to use scientific methods and available labs is sabotaged it seems because their results differ from what evolutionists accept.

There is a whole set of videos, long time, to study from Professor Walter Veith. I do not agree with some of his claims, but it is very interesting. His videos may be found here for you to pick and choose from:
Browse Media - Genesis Conflict - English/ - Amazing Discoveries TV

If you want to read something that is a bit less than such long videos, please look at this file:
Carbon-14 dating dinosaur bones

Pay attention to how they were treated once the results didn't agree with atheistic expectations.

Last edited:
Reactions: David_AB
Upvote 0

David_AB

Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2015
England
✟71,876.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's a shame th
Fossils
All such remains get dated by methods that many Creationists scientists find suspect. Even their attempts to use scientific methods and available labs is sabotaged it seems because their results differ from what evolutionists accept.

There is a whole set of videos, long time, to study from Professor Walter Veith. I do not agree with some of his claims, but it is very interesting. His videos may be found here for you to pick and choose from:
Browse Media - Genesis Conflict - English/ - Amazing Discoveries TV

If you want to read something that is a bit less than such long videos, please look at this file:
Carbon-14 dating dinosaur bones

Pay attention to how they were treated once the results didn't agree with atheistic expectations.
It's a shame that so many people in the scientific community are not after truth in science but are polluting it by enforcing their own doctrinal beliefs in science.
That goes for both sides but the prevailing wind in science is with those who have a materialistic world view. The atheists.

A perfect example of lack of truth in science can be seen with Haeckel's Embyro drawings. They have been known to be fake for about 100 years yet they are still used in school text books today.

Great link BTW on the Carbon 14 dating article.

Upvote 0

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
  1. fossils
Those do not necessarily tell us whether these anatomically modern humans had a completed ideology about good and evil with how that relates to life and death.

Upvote 0

David_AB

Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2015
England
✟71,876.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
  1. fossils

Evolutionary ideology is dangerous. It leads to some very evil outcomes.
It is racist for start.
The original evolutionists believed man originated from Africa because black people were closer to monkeys in the evolutionary process.
They used to go on hunting expeditions to shoot Australian Aborigines and take home as exhibits.
All men are made in the image of God and equal in the Creationist view there is no one race more or less highly evolved than another.
Then you have Hitler who believed he could evolve a super race by killing off millions of what he considered as undesirables. Jews, mentally and physically handicapped.
Then you have the columbine shooting where the kids diaries showed they wanted to advance evolution by killing those kids they saw as weak.
Then you have the Geoffrey Dahmers of this world. Geoffrey Dahmer once said:
"If a person doesn’t think there is a God to be accountable to, then—then what's the point of trying to modify your behaviour to keep it within acceptable ranges? That's how I thought anyway. I always believed the theory of evolution as truth, that we all just came from the slime. When we, when we died, you know, that was it, there is nothing"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Job 33:6

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,078.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Back to the model and it's 'predictive' ability... in this model, God created different kinds. He also allowed for adaptation to the environment for these different kinds to thrive (to be fruitful and multiply... and behold, it was very good indeed!). How can you say the Bible cannot predict what will be seen in genomes? When a new variation shows up in a given species, understanding the Bible would lead one to believe most of the genetic DNA will resemble that from the species as a whole... and it does. Your DNA and my DNA will be similar, because we're both descendants from Adam. God created all life, so with a biblical perspective, our DNA will even have some similarities with that of birds, cats, horses and fish too... because God created all life to be fruitful and multiply and so yes it is fruitful to have a brain, lungs, bones, muscles, organs for digesting food and reproducing, etc.... These similarities don't exist because we have a common ancestor, they exist because we have a common creator that created us to be fruitful and multiply in a shared, common environment.

"Reepicheep"

Hi NobleMouse,

Just looking at your underlined statement. Why is it then, that there is a faunal succession that makes living things look as if they had descended from one another?

For example, why in say, the cambrian-ordovician are there fish, and in the early devonian there are fish with tetrapod-like traits, then terrestrial tetrapods with fish traits and amphibians in the late devonian, and then in the carboniferous there are 4 legged terrestrial reptiles with amphibian-like traits.

Why is it that God made the fish with legs right after the fish and right before tetrapods with fish traits?

Another example,
Why is it that there are reptiles, then feathered bird like reptiles, then reptile-like birds, then birds? This sequence occurring in the mesozoic. Birds could have shown up anywhere, the cambrian, the ordovician or devonian, anywhere in the paleozoic or cenozoic. Why is it that God made them right at the time in which He made reptiles that look like birds?

If they are not descended from one another, why is it that God would create them in an order that gives the appearance as if they are descended from one another?

• Optimistic
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

Grandliseur

Nov 15, 2017
Naha
✟10,561.00
Country
Japan
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi NobleMouse,

Just looking at your underlined statement. Why is it then, that there is a faunal succession that makes living things look as if they had descended from one another?

For example, why in say, the cambrian-ordovician are there fish, and in the early devonian there are fish with tetrapod-like traits, then terrestrial tetrapods with fish traits and amphibians in the late devonian, and then in the carboniferous there are 4 legged terrestrial reptiles with amphibian-like traits.

Why is it that God made the fish with legs right after the fish and right before tetrapods with fish traits?

Another example,
Why is it that there are reptiles, then feathered bird like reptiles, then reptile-like birds, then birds? This sequence occurring in the mesozoic. Birds could have shown up anywhere, the cambrian, the ordovician or devonian, anywhere in the paleozoic or cenozoic. Why is it that God made them right at the time in which He made reptiles that look like birds?

If they are not descended from one another, why is it that God would create them in an order that gives the appearance as if they are descended from one another?
Let me give a few thoughts on the matter, though, it won't matter much - since it is only my ideas.

The only thing we know for sure how it was done was the creation of man and woman. The method given here was to demonstrate to us that we were special in that we were created to be in God's image, "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness . . ." and in this way giving us a feeling of being special.

In all the other cases, the method is left unexplained except for one detail, that it was done in kind. Here we see e.g. about cats, that today we have house cats, and tigers, etc. -- animals that no longer can reproduce together. But, it seems that all the cats came from one ur-cat.
In this way, it would seem that we have a few foundation kind ur-animals that then proceeded to produce a large variety within their kind, to give us the amazing variety we have and even much larger variety in the past.

Even within kinds that still can reproduce sexually together, we see that the natural environment causes changes in adaptation in color, size, etc. This is not evolution, but God's inbuilt programming to deal with life on earth.

Thus when unbelievers attack the Noah's ark account, they ignore the fact that God brought to Noah only the absolute foundation kinds of animals needed for earth to be populated by a large variety of animals as they began to splinter off into their family trees within their kind.

So, e.g. one ur-cat for all cat types, one ur-dog/wolf for all of those types, and so on.
-----------
Another thing you should consider is the cut and paste, plug and play system engineers use. God obviously used this in the DNA programming so that different organisms may share similar DNA sections according to need.

Upvote 0

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,078.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Let me give a few thoughts on the matter, though, it won't matter much - since it is only my ideas.

The only thing we know for sure how it was done was the creation of man and woman. The method given here was to demonstrate to us that we were special in that we were created to be in God's image, "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness . . ." and in this way giving us a feeling of being special.

In all the other cases, the method is left unexplained except for one detail, that it was done in kind. Here we see e.g. about cats, that today we have house cats, and tigers, etc. -- animals that no longer can reproduce together. But, it seems that all the cats came from one ur-cat.
In this way, it would seem that we have a few foundation kind ur-animals that then proceeded to produce a large variety within their kind, to give us the amazing variety we have and even much larger variety in the past.

Even within kinds that still can reproduce sexually together, we see that the natural environment causes changes in adaptation in color, size, etc. This is not evolution, but God's inbuilt programming to deal with life on earth.

Thus when unbelievers attack the Noah's ark account, they ignore the fact that God brought to Noah only the absolute foundation kinds of animals needed for earth to be populated by a large variety of animals as they began to splinter off into their family trees within their kind.

So, e.g. one ur-cat for all cat types, one ur-dog/wolf for all of those types, and so on.
-----------
Another thing you should consider is the cut and paste, plug and play system engineers use. God obviously used this in the DNA programming so that different organisms may share similar DNA sections according to need.

I appreciate your thought and input. Its just that, these thoughts do not address my comment. A fish, I would say is a different kind of animal than an amphibian or reptile. And a reptile is a different kind of animal than a bird. Yet their fossils exist in a succession.

And I can go anywhere on earth, whether its one side of the planet, or the other, and that same sequence is there. Fish, amphibian like fish, fish like amphibians, amphibians, reptile like amphibians, amphibian like reptiles, reptiles, bird like reptiles, reptile like birds, birds. The birds arent in the paleozoic, the amphibians arent in the mesozoic or cenozoic etc. They exist where they are.

And thats...i think what is...significant.

So again, i appreciate your input, but, i would just ask, for what reason is it that God would do this? If not common descent.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Grandliseur

Nov 15, 2017
Naha
✟10,561.00
Country
Japan
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I appreciate your thought and input. Its just that, these thoughts do not address my comment. A fish, I would say is a different kind of animal than an amphibian or reptile. And a reptile is a different kind of animal than a bird. Yet their fossils exist in a succession.

And I can go anywhere on earth, whether its one side of the planet, or the other, and that same sequence is there. Fish, amphibian like fish, fish like amphibians, amphibians, reptile like amphibians, amphibian like reptiles, reptiles, bird like reptiles, reptile like birds, birds. The birds arent in the paleozoic, the amphibians arent in the mesozoic or cenozoic etc. They exist where they are.

And thats...i think what is...significant.

So again, i appreciate your input, but, i would just ask, for what reason is it that God would do this? If not common descent.
I am not sure if I know exactly what your question asks for. The sequence of creation was that during the 5th Terra-forming epoch (min: 7000 years, I think 42000 years) this happened:
Genesis 1:20-21 20 And God went on to say: “Let the waters swarm forth a swarm of living souls and let flying creatures fly over the earth upon the face of the expanse of the heavens.” 21 And God proceeded to create the great sea monsters and every living soul that moves about, which the waters swarmed forth according to their kinds, and every winged flying creature according to its kind. And God got to see that [it was] good.​
So in the 5th period, sea creatures and flying animals were created, small and very large, probably the very large dinosaur were created here if they liked lakes and shallow sead and that kind of vegetation this provides.

Doesn't this give you the sequence you ask for, "Fish, amphibian like fish, fish like amphibians, amphibians, reptile like amphibians, amphibian like reptiles, reptiles, bird like reptiles, reptile like birds, birds" ?!

Isn't this exactly according to your query?! Why this order is a guess. Perhaps these animals are more important fundamentally for the planets ecosystems?! I have no idea. The birds would help the land plants because of their fertilization perhaps preparing it for the land animals to come! ????

Upvote 0

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
Evolutionary ideology is dangerous. It leads to some very evil outcomes.
It is racist for start.
The original evolutionists believed man originated from Africa because black people were closer to monkeys in the evolutionary process.
They used to go on hunting expeditions to shoot Australian Aborigines and take home as exhibits.
All men are made in the image of God and equal in the Creationist view there is no one race more or less highly evolved than another.
Then you have Hitler who believed he could evolve a super race by killing off millions of what he considered as undesirables. Jews, mentally and physically handicapped.
Then you have the columbine shooting where the kids diaries showed they wanted to advance evolution by killing those kids they saw as weak.
Then you have the Geoffrey Dahmers of this world. Geoffrey Dahmer once said:
"If a person doesn’t think there is a God to be accountable to, then—then what's the point of trying to modify your behaviour to keep it within acceptable ranges? That's how I thought anyway. I always believed the theory of evolution as truth, that we all just came from the slime. When we, when we died, you know, that was it, there is nothing"

CA001: Evolution is the foundation of an immoral worldview.

CA005: Evolution and racism

CA006.1: Hitler's views

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,078.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am not sure if I know exactly what your question asks for. The sequence of creation was that during the 5th Terra-forming epoch (min: 7000 years, I think 42000 years) this happened:
Genesis 1:20-21 20 And God went on to say: “Let the waters swarm forth a swarm of living souls and let flying creatures fly over the earth upon the face of the expanse of the heavens.” 21 And God proceeded to create the great sea monsters and every living soul that moves about, which the waters swarmed forth according to their kinds, and every winged flying creature according to its kind. And God got to see that [it was] good.​
So in the 5th period, sea creatures and flying animals were created, small and very large, probably the very large dinosaur were created here if they liked lakes and shallow sead and that kind of vegetation this provides.

Doesn't this give you the sequence you ask for, "Fish, amphibian like fish, fish like amphibians, amphibians, reptile like amphibians, amphibian like reptiles, reptiles, bird like reptiles, reptile like birds, birds" ?!

Isn't this exactly according to your query?! Why this order is a guess. Perhaps these animals are more important fundamentally for the planets ecosystems?! I have no idea. The birds would help the land plants because of their fertilization perhaps preparing it for the land animals to come! ????

This still doesnt really answer the question though. You have a fish, then a fish with legs, then an amphibian with fish traits. Later you have reptiles, then bird like reptiles, then reptile like birds, then birds. If God created these animals in this order, if not by common descent, then why would they form the order as if one descended from the other? You appeared to answer with "I have no idea".

I would say that the evidence demonstrates that God did so through common descent.

Its not like the birds came first, or came directly after the fish. The birds didnt come before the feathered theropods, and the tetrapods didnt come simultaneously with the fish. The reptiles and birds also did not come about simultaneously, but rather, one came after another, after another, after another.

If God simply created them instantaneously, you would think that birds would appear simultaneously with reptiles, or that amphibians appeared simultaneously with fish or reptiles, or that reptiles appeared simultaneously with amphibians etc. Rather again, they appear step by step in an order that appears to depict common descent.

And to conclude, if you have no idea why God would create in this order...well, I would say that my idea, which I think makes sense, seems to be a reasonable explanation of why God created in that order. It is because God created through common descent.

Upvote 0

NobleMouse

Sep 19, 2017
Mid West
✟47,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi NobleMouse,

You're referring to the geologic column with fossilized flora / fauna in specific successive order. Where this is often observed, the column is mostly missing and where there has been a complete column with all 10 Phanerozoic systems found only represents 0.4% of the Earth's surface - apparently the 0.4% is more significant than the 99.6% where this is not the case?? So, what I'm saying here is this ever-so-consistent and logical order you're referring to has only been seen in completeness 0.4% of the documented cases. The hypothetical "law of" faunal succession as evidence for evolution, like other evidence for common descent, has been superposed in the minds of man wishing to make this connection.

As you know, I believe the global flood of Noah's day explains the order sometimes seen (as I've indicated above, the complete succession is rarely ever seen). The first fossils are generally marine life as you have indicated, then in higher levels land animals are found. With the catastrophic global flood model, the flood began in the ocean ("on that day all the fountains of the great deep burst forth, and the windows of the heavens were opened" - Genesis 7:11), bringing the ocean waters (and it's contents) up onto the continents. The animals up on these continents were then buried subsequently as the waters came inland. This fits the sequence and also fits why so many fossils are found all over the earth (rapid burial) and fits why marine fossils are found up in higher strata across entire continents and in mountainous areas. There are no perfect models in either paradigm - there are still nuances that both creationists and conventional secular scientists are researching to understand better. I also believe the flood is what broke up the continents, explaining their placement/movement today, and the formation of many mountain ranges we also see today. The fact that there most often gaps in the faunal succession is consistent with what one would expect given a catastrophic world-wide event like the flood.

Another example,

In the fossil record we find evidence of living creatures that once existed, some of which is now extinct. We see dinosaurs that look like dinosaurs, we see birds that look like birds, humans that look like humans, etc... Bringing up 'reptile-like birds' is again, the extremely rare exception to the rule, and I'll point out is a result of one's interpretation. By in large, transitional fossils (even when there are the greatest of hopes of finding) are simply just not found. Interesting your bring up the Cambrian layer as this seems to be a layer of life with no precursor - just "poof" complex life from nowhere. Scientists taught under the conventional paradigm of deep time recognize this and have called it the 'Cambrian explosion'.

The fossil record does not seem to be a good friend of evolution. When I stop to think about it, I would expect to find a vast variety of fossils that simply do not really look like anything else. Of the supposed billions of species that have existed, how many transitional forms to get back to the first molecule? There should literally be trillions of fossil variations working their way from that first molecule - there would be all of these transitional forms (constantly changing, morphing, becoming the 'better model'), but as I've already stated above, this is not the case. Bird fossils have been found right alongside dinosaur fossils, there have been shark fossils dated to be hundreds of millions of years old that look like.... sharks, people that look like people (and apes that look like apes), etc... Google sometime: "what did the _____ (fill in the blank) evolve from" and see how long it takes as you look at the various articles before the classic, nebulous words come up, "common ancestor" or "shared ancestor". How quickly the story becomes so vague, the lines are blurred, and the vibrant color of evolution fades to gray. There are too many gaps, no evidence to fill in and complete the story of slow, gradual mutations/natural selection from a common ancestor. Where is the ancestor of the ancestor, the ancestor of the ancestor of the ancestor? Anybody can make transitional connections in their mind between life forms - why would God have made life so differently for living on the same planet? Shouldn't we expect common functions for a common environment?

Respectfully in Christ,
"Reepicheep"

Upvote 0

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,078.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You're referring to the geologic column with fossilized flora / fauna in specific successive order. Where this is often observed, the column is mostly missing and where there has been a complete column with all 10 Phanerozoic systems found only represents 0.4% of the Earth's surface - apparently the 0.4% is more significant than the 99.6% where this is not the case?? So, what I'm saying here is this ever-so-consistent and logical order you're referring to has only been seen in completeness 0.4% of the documented cases. The hypothetical "law of" faunal succession as evidence for evolution, like other evidence for common descent, has been superposed in the minds of man wishing to make this connection.

Rocks do not need to be physically, laterally continuous, around the entire planet, for us to be aware of their position in the succession. Just as, when you put sprinkles on ice cream, the sprinkes do not need to be in every single place on the cone, for you to know that they were added at a specific time in the history of the ice cream cone.

As you know, I believe the global flood of Noah's day explains the order sometimes seen (as I've indicated above, the complete succession is rarely ever seen). The first fossils are generally marine life as you have indicated, then in higher levels land animals are found. With the catastrophic global flood model, the flood began in the ocean ("on that day all the fountains of the great deep burst forth, and the windows of the heavens were opened" - Genesis 7:11), bringing the ocean waters (and it's contents) up onto the continents. The animals up on these continents were then buried subsequently as the waters came inland. This fits the sequence and also fits why so many fossils are found all over the earth (rapid burial) and fits why marine fossils are found up in higher strata across entire continents and in mountainous areas. There are no perfect models in either paradigm - there are still nuances that both creationists and conventional secular scientists are researching to understand better. I also believe the flood is what broke up the continents, explaining their placement/movement today, and the formation of many mountain ranges we also see today. The fact that there most often gaps in the faunal succession is consistent with what one would expect given a catastrophic world-wide event like the flood.

In the fossil record we find evidence of living creatures that once existed, some of which is now extinct. We see dinosaurs that look like dinosaurs, we see birds that look like birds, humans that look like humans, etc... Bringing up 'reptile-like birds' is again, the extremely rare exception to the rule, and I'll point out is a result of one's interpretation. By in large, transitional fossils (even when there are the greatest of hopes of finding) are simply just not found. Interesting your bring up the Cambrian layer as this seems to be a layer of life with no precursor - just "poof" complex life from nowhere. Scientists taught under the conventional paradigm of deep time recognize this and have called it the 'Cambrian explosion'.

The fossil record does not seem to be a good friend of evolution. When I stop to think about it, I would expect to find a vast variety of fossils that simply do not really look like anything else. Of the supposed billions of species that have existed, how many transitional forms to get back to the first molecule? There should literally be trillions of fossil variations working their way from that first molecule - there would be all of these transitional forms (constantly changing, morphing, becoming the 'better model'), but as I've already stated above, this is not the case. Bird fossils have been found right alongside dinosaur fossils, there have been shark fossils dated to be hundreds of millions of years old that look like.... sharks, people that look like people (and apes that look like apes), etc... Google sometime: "what did the _____ (fill in the blank) evolve from" and see how long it takes as you look at the various articles before the classic, nebulous words come up, "common ancestor" or "shared ancestor". How quickly the story becomes so vague, the lines are blurred, and the vibrant color of evolution fades to gray. There are too many gaps, no evidence to fill in and complete the story of slow, gradual mutations/natural selection from a common ancestor. Where is the ancestor of the ancestor, the ancestor of the ancestor of the ancestor? Anybody can make transitional connections in their mind between life forms - why would God have made life so differently for living on the same planet? Shouldn't we expect common functions for a common environment?

Respectfully in Christ,
"Reepicheep"

I guess ill move on then. You don't appear to be familiar with geology or fossils present in the succession.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,078.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Let me see if i can give you an example Mouse,

Figure-10-A-Geologic-cross-section-of-Sarma-Darbandi-Bazian-Al-Hakari-2011-and-Omer.png

If you look at the cross section on the left, you will see that toward the left of that diagram (A), much of the surface layers are not present (the geologic succession is incomplete as you have pointed out). But, the succession doesnt need to be complete for us to be aware of the fact that the surface most layers (those present at the surface at Basera Mountain) post date the underlying layers (despite the fact that they are not present in the west).

So it doesnt really matter if the entire geologic succession is not present all the way around the planet, we can still determine what the succession is, regardless.

Upvote 0

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,078.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
360px-Principle_of_horizontal_continuity.svg.png

Same with this image here. Rocks are missing in the middle, but they do not have to be there for us to understand their order.

geol162-geologic-time-17-638.jpg

Here is another example. You might have 3 different cross sections, you can still look at the order of rocks and fossils and understand what goes where.

You can see both the layers aligning with one another in different sections and fossils aligning with one another in different sections as well. Even though they may not be 100% complete successions of all of earth history, you can still piece them together to build the column.

Last edited:
Upvote 0