Revloc PA
✟13,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This thread seems to have grown a little quiet. Just to clarify, everyone here is under the agreement now that Adam was real and existed approximately 6,000 years ago, yes?

Adam had a sin nature, anyone here have that trait skip them? Maybe it skips a generation, I don't know...

The Bible gives the genealogy from Adam to various patriarchs as well as from Adam to Christ. Are we (Christians) saying the Bible is erroneous on this?

grin :D
I don't believe the Bible is erroneous on anything. I think that one reason the genealogy from Adam to Christ is in there is to keep us from falling for all these erroneous beliefs: gap theory, theistic evolution, pre-Adamic races, etc. The Bible really isn't that hard to understand, right? Evening and morning being the first through sixth days, the whole first six days being reiterated in the Ten Commandments, the Old Testament genealogies, the genealogy of Jesus Christ, the doctrine of sin and death, etc etc etc, all show us the truth about creation and the nature the world we live in. If people can't believe God's Word in the first few chapters, why should they believe any other part of it? How can someone (basically) say that God's Word is completely reliable, except for those first few chapters. We all know those are just allegorical and not literally true. Well they sure better hope that Jesus isn't also an allegory!
I just really can't understand this kind of thinking. To me, someone either believes the Bible or not. We can't pick and choose what we believe in it.

• Agree
Reactions: NobleMouse
Upvote 0

Dan Brooks

Dec 3, 2017
Revloc PA
✟13,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I also don't like the way that some people in here treat those of us who read the Bible and just believe what it says, and believe it means what it says. We are treated as somehow ignorant of reality for believing that Genesis is literally true. Some of them (not all) sound very similar to atheistic evolutionists, except for the fact that they insert the "God did it" clause into their beliefs. To which I would ask this, "What God did it?" Is it really the God who revealed Himself in the Bible that you believe in?
Did God not know how to explain how He created the heavens and the earth, so He made up this allegorical story for us?
Did God forget how He made everything and so He came up with the Genesis story?
Did God lie to us about how He created everything?
Did another god create everything, and the God of the Bible wanted to take credit for it?
Of course I don't believe any of these absolute heresies and lies. I believe that the God who created everything is the God who revealed Himself in the Bible, and He did it the way He said He did it in the Bible. And I just don't understand how someone who claims to believe the Bible can treat Genesis so carelessly.

• Agree
Reactions: NobleMouse
Upvote 0