Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hard to say. North Korea is a bunch of sabre-rattling nutcases...have been for years. Fact is, though, the "dear leader" knows that if he tries to use nukes on us, his life is over, period. It just boils down to the fact that I don't think he's nuts enough to do it. I would be more concerned with an Iran than a North Korea. Radical insane Muslims think they're going to get virgins, paradise, rewards, and eternal joy for their suicidal decisions. An atheist commie has no such aspirations. They're more concerned with power, control, and saving their own skin.

My bet is that they'll back down....the "dear leader" is just trying to do like a teenage boy with his girlfriend. He threatens to fight someone to impress her on a date. Kim is just an oversized teenager trying to impress his girl (the nation).

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sure are. But they're not Muslim fanatics with dreams of the afterlife. They the USSR never pushed the button. Back in the 70's and 80's, as a kid growing up, that's I heard was "what if!" In the end, they were not stupid enough to armageddon it! LOL (Def Leppard reference of the day) ^_^

But they're part of the [cue the spooky music] AXIS OF EEEE-VILLE :argh:

Upvote 0

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hard to say. North Korea is a bunch of sabre-rattling nutcases...have been for years. Fact is, though, the "dear leader" knows that if he tries to use nukes on us, his life is over, period. It just boils down to the fact that I don't think he's nuts enough to do it. I would be more concerned with an Iran than a North Korea. Radical insane Muslims think they're going to get virgins, paradise, rewards, and eternal joy for their suicidal decisions. An atheist commie has no such aspirations. They're more concerned with power, control, and saving their own skin.

My bet is that they'll back down....the "dear leader" is just trying to do like a teenage boy with his girlfriend. He threatens to fight someone to impress her on a date. Kim is just an oversized teenager trying to impress his girl (the nation).

Honestly, the way Kim is acting, it would be better to send our best athletes to negotiate as he seems more willing to talk with them than with Obama. Do you blame him? Perhaps, for the sake of a good game with our athletes, Kim will spare our nation.

Upvote 0

RobNJ

So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish!
Aug 22, 2004
✟166,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Honestly, the way Kim is acting, it would be better to send our best athletes to negotiate as he seems more willing to talk with them than with Obama. Do you blame him? Perhaps, for the sake of a good game with our athletes, Kim will spare our nation.

I couldn't resist:

Upvote 0
B

BluhdoftheLamb

I was thinking something only slightly more loopy: a troop of Boy Scouts should be able to handle them ^_^

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

^_^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,190.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Is this going to happen? What do you guys think?

It seems like every generation of the ruling family is getting more and more crazy. I'm not going to be an alarmist and say "the first shot is going to be fired any minute!!!!11one", but I do think Kim Jong-un is not only certifiable, but he's also horrendously immature. He's leading a dirt poor communist state at ~29-years-old trying to flex his pathetic muscles and intimidate the west.

It's like trying to impress a Dodge Viper owner with a Honda Civic fart can.

I do think KJU (Kim Jong-un) has just enough screws loose to do something he would regret, I don't think anything his military tried would succeed, at least not against the United States. He may try to launch a missile strike (probably not nuclear) against Seoul, but the United States seems committed to protecting, or at least "avenging" our allies, and so if one measly DPRK missile touches down in Seoul, we may see a pretty decisive strike against them.

Of course, I could be really exaggerating my whole perspective on our foreign policy with the DPRK. Who knows.

Ha, I love the teenage boy analogy. He's untested, and I think he's going to get smoked whether it be through UN Sanctions and the general political process between South Korea and the US, or he'll get steamrolled by the combined military machine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It seems like every generation of the ruling family is getting more and more crazy. I'm not going to be an alarmist and say "the first shot is going to be fired any minute!!!!11one", but I do think Kim Jong-un is not only certifiable, but he's also horrendously immature. He's leading a dirt poor communist state at ~29-years-old trying to flex his pathetic muscles and intimidate the west.

It's like trying to impress a Dodge Viper owner with a Honda Civic fart can.

I do think KJU (Kim Jong-un) has just enough screws loose to do something he would regret, I don't think anything his military tried would succeed, at least not against the United States. He may try to launch a missile strike (probably not nuclear) against Seoul, but the United States seems committed to protecting, or at least "avenging" our allies, and so if one measly DPRK missile touches down in Seoul, we may see a pretty decisive strike against them.

Of course, I could be really exaggerating my whole perspective on our foreign policy with the DPRK. Who knows.
I do think in some ways that Kim Jong may not mean what he has been advocating - as he may be trying to get a response to his actions and possibly is being set up by others behind the scene..and possibly, perhaps supported by China in trying to use him as a buffer/distraction to get the world into an arms race and to influence the U.S stretching itself/having to gain more territory (more shared in #167 / #169 & #170/ ).

If NK got out of hand - it could be both in the favor of the CHinese and yet also to their detriment since it's like playing with Joker from The Dark Knight......and as much as many say their reach/capability is limited with targeting the U.S, I do wonder if perhaps the real danger would be in Hawaii specfiically.

For the Pacific rim is generally concidered to be part of Asia and Hawaii is on the outer edge of the Pacific rim...and as the President is very connected with the Asian world due to his descent, hasdue to his descent/passion for seeing growth in that area - with the Asian Pivot being based on that (more shared here and here in #6 #27 ), it seems like an attempt to destabilize that goal - and test the resolve of the President/U.S.A.

Again, it's not a surprise to see things occur as they have since President Obama began to make shifts toward the Asian world in his First Term and went full-steam ahead during his Asian-Pivot/tour...a tour which made known his intentions to gain allies in the Asian-Pacific world and essentially form a blockade of China even as it rises in influences. For in doing so, should China want to harm to U.S, it'd also have to be seen as harming the allies it may have in business who are in good business with the U.S. .....the issue of "The Enemy of My Enemy is My Friend and not my Enemy." Even with it being the case that many suspected an arms race due to how tension between the two nations escalated with the US criticizing China's currency policies and Washington bolstering its military presence in the Asia Pacific, China seems to be playing low...for now.

If NK was taken out, that'd be an ally of CHina gone - unless, of course, it was a calculated risk China may be willing to take by letting Kim act the Fool. So we'll see. For an excellent review on the issue:

As said elsewhere, truthfully, I think the entire issue could be resolved in ways that would not require war - and as said before in #93, I thought there was a lot of wisdom in what others noted when it came to others noting that the President may be wise in seeking to reach out to the young ruler and dialogue with him - regardless of his past. For often it has been the case that leaders do great acts of bravado in order to get attention/fit a role when in reality they may feel set up/being played by forces outside of the public eye.

I think the use of Sports - much in the same way that China and the U.S had their Ping Pong tournament to solve a lot of issues ( #1/#615 ) - may make a big difference when it comes to pride.

Ultimately, I wonder how many have considered if Kim has never really had anyone seriously talk to him - as a man to a man, one brother concerned for another - and has instead had others put him into the role of a monster and therefore he goes with it. I think the thing that so many seem to be forgetting is that what Kim needs is the Gospel - and that even he is not beyond it. Had this shared from a sister in CHrist who lives in CHina and shared her thoughts on the situation...as shared here:
Kim Il-Sung conducted the Blue House Raid in 1968, in which he sent 31 commandos to infiltrate into South Korea and assassinate the president, Park Chung-Hee (he was the father of the current South Korean president Park Geun-Hye, he was ironically assassinated by one of his bodyguards later on). As the commandos, disguised in S. Korean military uniforms, drew closer to the presidential Blue House, a policeman grew suspicious and pulled a gun at them. The commandos killed the policeman and dispersed. It took several days for the S. Koreans and Americans to locate and kill the commandos. After days of fighting, and civilian casualties, 29 of the commandos were killed and 1 was presumed to have escaped back to North Korea. However one commando was still at large...

The following true story about the remaining commando is one that I find very inspiring and beautiful. It really redefines the impossible, and highlights the intense power of forgiveness and love...

The remaining commando, Kim Shin-Jo, was captured and brutally interrogated. During his captivity, a South Korean Christian wrote letters to him, explaining that despite how lonely and guilty he felt, Jesus would always be with him. After becoming a free man and subsequently a South Korean citizen, he found the woman who sent the letters to him and married her. After Kim Il-Sung, being the total monster he was, heard about this, he ordered Kim's parents to be summarily executed and his relatives purged. When Kim heard about this, he contemplated suicide. However his newly wed wife pushed him to accept Jesus into his heart, and through Christ he managed to forgive himself...

Kim currently lives with his wife and their two children, and works as a pastor at Sungrak Sambong church in Gyeonggi-do. Kim Shin-Jo is the prefect example of redemption and forgiveness. It's hard to think that a militant and aggressive North Korean commando could become a peace loving pastor. However through Christ people can change for the better...

th

John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

The Power of the GOSPEL!!!:clap:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

freezerman2000

Living and dying in 3/4 time
Feb 24, 2011
South Carolina
✟39,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I see China slapping Kim around a little before all out war begins..Big brother does not want the statis quo disturbed...wanna bet they are getting tired of the runt's shenanigans?
China has to much at stake to willfully do nothing about the NK leadership.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,190.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I see China slapping Kim around a little before all out war begins..Big brother does not want the statis quo disturbed...wanna bet they are getting tired of the runt's shenanigans?
China has to much at stake to willfully do nothing about the NK leadership.

It would be kind of comical if the DPRK ended up getting squashed by a country that Kim Jong-un (likely) assumes has his back. At least, I doubt he'd see it coming since all of his rhetoric is aimed at the U.S.

I think that China is going to step in and get things under control. I really really really hope this doesn't lead to war.

Me too, we'll see what happens. If he really is going to make a move, I hope we can predict it well enough that we nip it in the bud.

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Although U.S. officials have said they see no unusual military movements across the Demilitarized Zone that splits the Korean Peninsula, d many analysts say the increasingly belligerent talk is aimed at cementing the authority of the country's young leader, Kim Jong Un. However, the North does have plenty of conventional military firepower, including medium-range ballistic missiles that can carry high explosives for hundreds of miles. And U.S. Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said Wednesday that the North Korean threats to Guam, Hawaii and the U.S. mainland have to be taken seriously.

Although the United States has in turn made a show of its military strength in the annual drills, flying B-2 stealth bombers capable of carrying conventional or nuclear weapons, Cold War-era B-52s and F-22 Raptor stealth fighters over South Korea.....it seems that the U.S may be getting itself played as if it's walking into a trap of showmanship.

And Perhaps it's just me - but it did come to mind that perhaps a lot of the threats on nuclear war are a distraction for something else that could slip in.

A false flag comes to mind..and as said best elsewhere:

North Korea is sending lots of signals that it’s about to start World War III. While there is a real risk that some misstep or miscalculation might accidentally start a conflict, and while it is certainly possible that the country could repeat a smaller-scale attack like its November 2010 shelling of South Korea’s Yeonpyeong Island, there are some very good reasons to think that Pyongyang is bluffing about full-scale nuclear war.

Still, it’s worth asking: Could North Korea carry out its “U.S. Mainland Strike Plan,” apparently detailed on a chart in Kim Jong Un’s war room, in which it launches simultaneous missile attacks on Guam, Hawaii and major cities on the West and East coasts? What about its threatened “precision nuclear strikes” against the U.S.? The short answer is, no, probably not. Let’s rule out the nuclear threat right now: while North Korea does have nuclear warheads, it does not appear to have mastered the technology to miniaturize them enough to put on top of a missile.​

Others have even suggested that it could possibly be a distraction where others get trained to look for nuclear war - and yet there would be biological warfare based in agriculture or something dealing with the environment that could be better managed/developed by NK than nukes. Specifically, North Korea has been reportedly plotting a bio-terror attack with one or more of its 13 reported biological agents, some of which have even been reportedly tested on [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] and handicapped North Korean children.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That moron, Kim John Un, has to have the mental faculties to know that if he attacks us, even with some damage to us and victories, we will wipe his butt off the face of the planet and reduce him to a pile of powder...surely the guy knows that....and it's pretty unthinkable for this guy not to flinch when playing chicken....he's driving an AMC Gremlin and the U.S. is driving an 18-wheeler Mack Truck a la the Road Warrior...that game of chicken has a hopeless outcome for Kimmy boy. Surely he knows he'll be facing the giant kimshee factory in the sky, right?

I don't discount the threat nor do I suggest the U.S. should scoff it off an laugh without preparations or high alerts and adjustments, but in the very end I don't think he'll go through with it.

And what is up with Kim's haircut? Looks like a Korean wanna-be MC Hammer circa 1988?

Gxg (G²);62779957 said:
Although U.S. officials have said they see no unusual military movements across the Demilitarized Zone that splits the Korean Peninsula, d many analysts say the increasingly belligerent talk is aimed at cementing the authority of the country's young leader, Kim Jong Un. However, the North does have plenty of conventional military firepower, including medium-range ballistic missiles that can carry high explosives for hundreds of miles. And U.S. Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said Wednesday that the North Korean threats to Guam, Hawaii and the U.S. mainland have to be taken seriously.

Although the United States has in turn made a show of its military strength in the annual drills, flying B-2 stealth bombers capable of carrying conventional or nuclear weapons, Cold War-era B-52s and F-22 Raptor stealth fighters over South Korea.....it seems that the U.S may be getting itself played as if it's walking into a trap of showmanship.

And Perhaps it's just me - but it did come to mind that perhaps a lot of the threats on nuclear war are a distraction for something else that could slip in.

A false flag comes to mind..and as said best elsewhere:

Others have even suggested that it could possibly be a distraction where others get trained to look for nuclear war - and yet there would be biological warfare based in agriculture or something dealing with the environment that could be better managed/developed by NK than nukes. Specifically, North Korea has been reportedly plotting a bio-terror attack with one or more of its 13 reported biological agents, some of which have even been reportedly tested on [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] and handicapped North Korean children.

Upvote 0