• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

War with North Korea

Discussion in 'The Ancient Way - Eastern Orthodox' started by GregConstantine, Apr 4, 2013.

1. MariaRegina

MariaRegina Well-Known Member

+12,120
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Praise the Lord.

Thanks for posting this, G.

2. Trying_to_be_Orthodox

Trying_to_be_Orthodox Newbie

+28
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    @War with North Korea

I've got nothing except a lot of lulz: how can Usa get in war with koreanian freaks - they have no technology, army,which can resist to Usa. its kinda freaking jokes of current leader of Korea inspirated by somebody from usa's military lobby.

3. Fenwick

Fenwick ☩ Broman Catholic ☩

+10,438
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Others
    "The hardest part of playing chicken is knowing when to flinch." -Capt. Mancuso

I'm with ya, the predicament isn't something to write off but we do need to realize its the DPRK, they're not a superpower by any stretch of the imagination (barring any miraculous revelations of weaponry or technology in the future).

Talk about a dystopic stereotype, huh?

I kind of have to chuckle at the thought that at the last minute, Kim Jong-un would charge in to battle and his entire military would stay put in a final act of betrayal, lol.

I agree with the general sentiment that they'll chicken out.

4. Gxg (G²)

Gxg (G²) Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7) CF Ambassadors Supporter

+1,185
    Oriental Orthodox
    Private
    US-Others
    I think part of having a larger goal of putting the U.S into a bad decision - if something negative were to occur - would be getting the U.S to give into doing a "Scorched Earth" policy where everything of value to the enemy is wiped out - and the people of the land (who may not of even supported the leadership in North Korea) suffer/take the fall for it. If Kim were to do something and the response of the U.S would be to react in the extreme with all out nuclear assault (as many have said they'd like), that'd make us look extreme even more than ever in the eyes of the world - and we'd be harming others without cause. If the president can walk in wisdom/restrait per what others have called the Obama Doctrine ( #157/#166 ) and do a precision strike on Kim/his leadership while finding ways to avoid a reaction with nuclear war (as if we're still in the Cold War Era with M.A.D - Mutually Assured Destruction ), then that would be beneficial since it'd show the U.S can practice restraint in combat.....and with all of the stream-lining in the military of late due to budget and trying to find out how to wage war more practically rather than acting as if we're still in WWII, it seems that the Korea situation is a test in how strong we've become with our actions.

I do hope war can be averted and that people in the U.S against Kim will stop having a "blow them up!!! mindset since there are people in NK (including believers in Christ) who are just as concerned on the issue as others are outside the nation.

With Kim, I do think the man has gotten a bit disconnected with reality - for when you are not in your right mind/operating under pressure or delusion, you tend not to consider the full ramifications of your actions.....and the hair-cut is the least of his worries. The man needs prayer and someone in his area who could reach him.

5. Gxg (G²)

Gxg (G²) Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7) CF Ambassadors Supporter

+1,185
    Oriental Orthodox
    Private
    US-Others
    Blessings and so glad that the Lord can do amazing things :)

6. gurneyhalleck1

gurneyhalleck1 Reader

+6,874
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Others
    :pThat is SO FUNNY! I'm a HUGE Hunt for Red October fan! I read the book in high school. My buddy recommended it at the time. After that I fell in love with Clancy! Anyway, as I read your quote, I thought, "sounds like Mancuso!" before I finished the sentence! LOL...I love that movie despite Connery's ABOMINABLY BAD "Russian" language LOL!

What a classic movie. I watch it every year at least once. My son LOVES IT!....

I almost miss the days of the U.S. vs. the USSR, man. At least we had a clear enemy with uniforms, a nation, rules of engagement, and a definite sense of style and class. These terrorists and warlords and militias and Al-Qaida, that stuff's for the birds! And this bloated Korean guy with the weird razor-cut MC Hammer thing going on who likes hanging out with Dennis Rodman, man....what can I say!? LOL

Anyone who enjoys the company of Dennis Rodman and actually takes him seriously as well as admires him, that shows a possible mental instability and "offness" for sure! ^_^

Maybe now we need to start a Red October quotes thread! LOL

"Plan? Son, the Russians don't take a dump without a plan!" ^_^
    "Hey, Ryan, be careful what you shoot at. Most things in here don't react too well to bullets."

"When he reached the New World, Cortez burned his ships. As a result his men were well motivated."

"Sir! The reason for having two keys is so that no one man may... may fire the missiles! Captain!!!" LOL

7. gurneyhalleck1

gurneyhalleck1 Reader

+6,874
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Others
    I can find some time to throw in a prayer for an improved haircut! That's just got to go! I can't take looking at it! Dude needs to do some Atkins, hit the gym, and even out that hairdo....then maybe we can have some world peace!

8. Fenwick

+10,438
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Others
    Yes, but "he's not Russian, he's Lithuanian by birth, raised by his paternal grandfather." ;)

Ditto bro, I love Clancy novels... I remember watching The Hunt For Red October when it first came out on video with my dad and I was only four years old or so. ^_^ The suspense is really incredible in that film, even now, with the way filmmaking has advanced I still marvel at the realism that film accomplished, and that was 23 years ago.

I'm also quite fond of Patriot Games, that was actually the first Clancy book that I read.

Have you seen that there's a "reboot" of sorts in post-production right now? It's simply called "Jack Ryan", starring James T. Kir—I mean Chris Pine—as Jack Ryan, Keira Knightley as Cathy Ryan and Kevin Costner as a new character named William Harper. Kenneth Branagh is also starring a role as well as directing... I'm a huge fan of his.

"I miss the peace of fishing like when I was a boy. Forty years I've been at sea. A war at sea. A war with no battles, no monuments... only casualties. I widowed her the day I married her. My wife died while I was at sea, you know. " –Capt. Marko Ramius

------

On another note, I'd be fascinated to see how the DPRK would react if Kim Jong-un was deposed and some form of republic was installed and suddenly the entire North Korean culture was exposed to the modern world, the advances in technology, science, medicine; the latest trends and fashions, etc. I wonder if they'd reject much or most of it, or if they would embrace it all?

I bet that would be an interesting sociological study to observe, an entire nation emerging from seclusion after more than a century.

9. ArmyMatt

ArmyMatt Regular Member Supporter

+17,295
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    I think something will happen. Kim Jung Un is a spoiled rich kid, who has all the power, and is just chomping at the bit to show his strength. South Korea has their first female president, who also probably wants to show she is strong. Japan prolly wants to take out North Korea, and since we have troops there, we might get sucked in. all out war? maybe not. but something.

10. gurneyhalleck1

gurneyhalleck1 Reader

+6,874
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Others
    Looking at KJU has inspired me to try to lose weight ASAP! ^_^:p

11. nestoj

nestoj Senior Member

+265
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    I hope it's all posturing. Lord have mercy that it is.

12. Gxg (G²)

+1,185
    Oriental Orthodox
    Private
    US-Others
    Truthfully, it seems the media has been a BIG player in shaping the perceptions of others when it comes to Korea - as if people are being trained ahead of time on how to see things since entertainment is one of the biggest ways to keep others distracted and programmed to certain actions.

Seriously, we already had 2 films recently made on the issue - one of them being a remake of Red Dawn where the enemy was North Korea taking over the U.S (even though the original enemy was Russia)....AND the other new one being Olympus Has Fallen - which is basically "Die Hard" in the White House where Korea takes over again...for that North Korea is the new bogeyman of American foreign policy. In the movie ‘G.I. Joe Retaliation‘, the President threatens North Korea. Honestly, are we beginning to see the programming of an event that has not happened? And being trained to demonize everyone in North Korea and be ready to support wiping them out even before anything has happened?

As another noted, the danger is that the United States is not avoiding a war, but is seeking a pretext or provocation for war, when we may have been responsible for the a “response” from North Korea and a misinterpretation of that response in what can be called a “fail-safe” type communication breakdown.

With films like Olympus Has Fallen, the cultural mark of Olympus may not be its gross assassination attempts or its stereotypical North Korean potrayal so much as all the American viewers who walked out of theaters tweeting that they want to "kill Asians." The gist of Olympus is that a group of traitorous guerrilla forces, led by a covert North Korean psychopath (played by the American-born Rick Yune, pictured at left) - who originally was covert in operation as a South Korean diplomat working with the U.S ) - and is bent on a plan of unifying the two Koreas by way of taking over the White House and attacking the President of the United States. Truthfully, it seems like getting folks ready to be trained to HATE North Korea in any representations - and then getting all the folks ready to support whatever goes down.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
  13. Ready4Chapter2

Ready4Chapter2 Just around the corner

+5
    Christian
    Single
    There may not be any intention of engaging in war, but even a itchy trigger finger can start problems.

14. Gxg (G²)

+1,185
    Oriental Orthodox
    Private
    US-Others
    Mistranslation of what is said makes a world of difference:

Others may not agree...but IMHO, it does seem the war is being engineered - on a large scale - by Global Elites:

[​IMG]

15. gurneyhalleck1

gurneyhalleck1 Reader

+6,874
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Others
    Nah....fact is, we don't have any 'good' bad guys anymore! The USSR collapsed (as far as I'm concerned, that SUCKED for movies! They were the best baddies!), Cuba is a joke, Iran isn't doing anything too interesting, and Osama bit the dust. Fall back?----North Korea. Simple math, dude! LOL

16. Gxg (G²)

+1,185
    Oriental Orthodox
    Private
    US-Others
    Pretty much what was noted earlier - that we have to manufacture enemies....and then make it big in real life. I do think there's something to be said on how Hollywood can be used by government in covert ways to train others (some suggesting that it's like the U.S has training drills it goes through with its intelligence agencies/military - and then makes them into real life events and has the media follow that).

Gotta respect what M said in SkyFall when she was being questioned for her failure to stop some agents from dying - and pointing out that some things aren't so simple:

That said, I do love Cuba in many ways and they're pretty hard-core in many ways -especially as it concerns Health Care dynamics ( more shared in #43/ #46 )...so they'd not really qualify as a villain per se since they actually were the only nation in the Western Hemisphere to compete with the U.S/not allow it to take over their course...rebel :) If we wanted a villain, make up a fictional nation:) Or better yet, make a film where the U.S is seen from the perspective of how other cultures see it - and have us play the role we used to ascribe to the Russians and others in the era of the Cold War. But no one ever wants to see the U.S as the villain since "the villain is always the hero in his own story."​

Life, LOL...​

17. gurneyhalleck1

gurneyhalleck1 Reader

+6,874
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Others
    I don't think WE are manufacturing enemies. North Korea has done these sabre-rattling missile tests for years now, threatened nuclear events, has promised to dismantle nuke programs in exchange for goodies only to receive said goodies and then go back to the nuke programs with gusto. They continue to threaten the U.S. at every turn and now are making very real threats to South Korea. Their propoganda and chest-beating are tremendous. They're the ones boasting of war, not us. If anything, for a while now Obama has down-played it, until recently. We haven't had to make them big in real life or manufacture anything. It is what it is, as they say. And since they're the only REAL (not perceived) threat, we use 'em in movies. In fact, movies don't tend to manufacture enemies. If anything, the film industry tries to warm and soften enemies and make us look like the baddies. Just watch a movie like The Kingdom with Jamie Foxx and see that..

18. johnalv

johnalv Newbie

+1
    Christian
    Married
    Looks like someone is convincing him to push along, like peer pressure. Perhaps he might make that mistake and someone else will take over. Maybe they don't really want him in power, and are misleading him to do this so someone else can step up into the spot.

19. stone

stone Senior Contributor Supporter

+427
    Catholic
    Married

The little punk dictator needs a spanking. We should just take out all their nuke facilities. This Whitehouse is a bunch of wimps.

Heh, i must of taken a wrong turn somewhere back there. Hello ya'll.

20. Fenwick

+10,438
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Others
    LOL, sup bro.