• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

War on Christmiss* Compilation Thread

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by RealDealNeverstop, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Exiledoomsayer

Exiledoomsayer Only toke me 1 year to work out how to change this

+56
    Atheist
    Single
    I dunno how it is over where you are, but here happy holidays is pretty much a catch all. I mean we can agree that christmas, yule, halloween, easter, thanks giving and all the others that I am not even familour with cause their different religions/cultures/areas are all holidays right?

Course that doesnt mean that saying 'happy holidays' once covers all the holidays of the year, generally just the ones in the near future whichever those are cause else we'd only get to say it once.;)

Fun detail for whatever reason it doesnt seem to cover new year here, I wonder if thats different elsewhere.

2. Chris81

Chris81 Servant to Christ

+226
    Methodist
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    Wow, no I can't say I have ever heard happy holidays used as a catch-all greeting. Seems like that would get old quick.

3. Nabobalis

Nabobalis Guest

+0
    My favourite time of year! Nothing feels me with more joy than participating in a fictional war on Christmas!

4. NightHawkeye

NightHawkeye Work-in-progress Supporter

+8,301
    Methodist
    Married
    Alright then. Here's where ya need to be:

[​IMG]

5. Grizzly

Grizzly Enemy of Christmas Supporter

+1,610
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    US-Others
    This may be my favorite post ever.

6. Nabobalis

Nabobalis Guest

+0
    I'll make sure I print a copy off and hang it on my wall. Just need to find my anti-Christmas weapons and I'll be ready to remove all Christmas trees, any mention of Jesus or Christ and steal Christmas from all the little children!

7. Belk

Belk Senior Member Supporter

+6,776
    Agnostic
    Married
    It's the most wonderful war of the year!

8. NightHawkeye

+8,301
    Methodist
    Married
    [​IMG]

9. keith99

keith99 sola dosis facit venenum

+4,320
    Atheist
    Single
    No just unamerican and likely a Godless communist.

Unless you destroyed them in a protest against banks like OWS, in which case you are a patriot!

(The above is in jest and not believed by me, saddly I'm sure there are those out there that believe it 100%).

10. keith99

+4,320
    Atheist
    Single
    I have a serious (well almost) question.

If I want to throw out Santa Claus, the massive almost manditory exchange of gifts and the now traditional Christmas dinner and replace it with something centered on a newborn child am I declaring war on Christmas or defending Christmas?

11. pgp_protector

pgp_protector Noted strange person

+15,618
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Yes.[​IMG]

12. disciple2011

disciple2011 Newbie

+28
    Other Religion
    Private

You are waging war of Secular Christmas to defend Religious Tradition for Tradition's Sake Christmas.

Hence still waging war.

As for myself, like the old debate over the Ten Commandments being posted in courts, why would someone who is religious want to place something Holy in something Unholy?

Akin to sticking the Gospels in a Hustler magazine.

Is that something God would want? Scripture says no but hey mankind likes to do its own thang!

13. keith99

+4,320
    Atheist
    Single
    Source? Should be pretty easy as all you need to do is cite chapter and verse. My bet is you will pick something bordering on the dietary laws and ignore much more clear verses about taking the news to everyone.

14. pgp_protector

pgp_protector Noted strange person

+15,618
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Like a Holy son in a unholy world.. wait that doesn't work

ok like a Holy book in an unholy secullar store... wait that doesn't work

the Holy scriptures on an unholy internet... wait that doesn't work.

15. disciple2011

disciple2011 Newbie

+28
    Other Religion
    Private
    2 Corinthians 6 deals with it quite well.

Other passages, James 4:4, Matthew 13:30 and Isaiah 5:20.

Pretty clear that God thinks mixing what is good with evil is distortion and leads to bad choices. Such as Matthew 12:24.

16. RealDealNeverstop

RealDealNeverstop Is Prayer Your First or Last Action?

+1,183
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    Ironically, I think hustler is exactly where Jesus would want the Gospels published.

17. disciple2011

disciple2011 Newbie

+28
    Other Religion
    Private
    Nah, hustler doesn't have the reader base they used to.

He would want it on the tabloids at the supermarket that everyone reads but no one buys because they are too embarrassed to buy.

18. NightHawkeye

+8,301
    Methodist
    Married
    [​IMG]

19. Self Improvement

Self Improvement Well-Known Member

+70
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    [​IMG]

20. RedDead1981

RedDead1981 Prayer is beautiful when it's sincere

+155
    Unitarian
    Private
    US-Others
    That's probably my favorite one. It helps that O'Reilly just about defines 'cranky old man.'