• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

War on Christmiss* Compilation Thread

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by RealDealNeverstop, Oct 21, 2011.

1. serenity now

serenity now HOOCHIE MAMA!

+1
    Agnostic
    I'll just guess that this year will be particularly interesting with the smörgåsbord (why thank you Opera spellcheck) of presidential candidates trying to out-vigilant each other to find the Battle of the Day to wax patriotic about. But ultimately it will come down to the feats of strength.

Unless that's Festivus too...

2. acropolis

acropolis so rad

+249
    Humanist
    Single
    I dunno, it's pretty funny watching people tilt at windmills especially when no one actually gets hurt.

3. IzzyPop

IzzyPop I wear my sunglasses at night...

+393
    Atheist
    Single
    I personally think it is that much funnier when someone else does get hurt tilting at windmills.

Like I tell my daughter, it is all fun and games until someone gets hurt. Then it is just fun...;)

4. acropolis

acropolis so rad

+249
    Humanist
    Single
    Just so long as the windmill is fine, then it's all good.

5. USincognito

USincognito Milk-Bones for Cerberus is a cool album name Supporter

+13,578
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    American Family Radio is encouraging people to wear "Merry Christmas" buttons, so I'm going to get one made up with every holiday between Thanksgiving and old Calender Christmas and the subtitle, "This is what I mean when I wish you Happy Holidays".

6. Self Improvement

Self Improvement Well-Known Member

+70
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    [​IMG]

7. Self Improvement

+70
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    Sorry, here a bigger one.
    [​IMG]

8. katautumn

katautumn Wandering, not lost.

+155
    Other Religion
    Married
    US-Democrat
    I've trained my nine year old son to be a soldier in the WoC. At the dentist this past week he said to the hygienist, "since I won't see you again until next year, happy Halloween, happy Thanksgiving, and happy Holidays!" It's because I won't let him say..."Christmas".

9. Self Improvement

+70
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    I don't understand why christians get in such a hubbub over christmas, it's just a holiday they jacked from pagans to get converts.

10. Plus, the norse yule celebration was waaaaaay more metal and thus cooler.

11. SithDoughnut

SithDoughnut The Agnostic, Ignostic, Apatheistic Atheist

+251
    Atheist
    Private
    That's going to be a huge button.

12. Exiledoomsayer

Exiledoomsayer Only toke me 1 year to work out how to change this

+56
    Atheist
    Single
    I'm not quite sure if american politics is the right place for this, id not have found the thread if it wasnt showing on the society page due to being on top.

Still I'll check back here, the WoC is always good for some laughs. I like the dark skin baby idea and I really have been criminally neglecting getting to know more about Yule.

13. RealDealNeverstop

RealDealNeverstop Is Prayer Your First or Last Action?

+1,183
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    Not sure if it belongs in Politics? Are you serious?

14. NightHawkeye

NightHawkeye Work-in-progress Supporter

+8,219
    Methodist
    Married
    Kinda reminds me of a really old joke about God being a black woman ...
    1 John 4:20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?
    21 And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.

15. RealDealNeverstop

RealDealNeverstop Is Prayer Your First or Last Action?

+1,183
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    Can you explain that please? Sorry, but I am really slow....

16. Incariol

Incariol Newbie

+223
    Christian
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Your joking, right? Not using blond blue-eyed Jesus is war against Christmas? Turning off the Christmas lights when nobody is awake to see them is war against Christmas?

17. RedDead1981

RedDead1981 Prayer is beautiful when it's sincere

+155
    Unitarian
    Private
    US-Others
    It's a tongue-in-cheek thing. I don't think he's serious. Although others might so Poe might be in play here. :p

18. disciple2011

disciple2011 Newbie

+28
    Other Religion
    Private
    Or his real birth during The Feast of The Tabernacles.

The game is afoot.

19. disciple2011

disciple2011 Newbie

+28
    Other Religion
    Private

Well and all those house fires they cause because they burn SOOOOO welll.

20. disciple2011

disciple2011 Newbie

+28
    Other Religion
    Private
    The War on Christmas is on with NATO conducting airstrikes against the North Pole, Jerusalem and The Vatican all at the same time.

Provided of course that NATO can use ammunition from the US or else they will have to use snow balls.