• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

War on Christmiss* Compilation Thread

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by RealDealNeverstop, Oct 21, 2011.

1. RedDead1981

RedDead1981 Prayer is beautiful when it's sincere

+155
    Unitarian
    Private
    US-Others
    A year old, but a good article nonetheless.

War on Christmas | Psychology Today

2. Self Improvement

Self Improvement Well-Known Member

+70
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others

Last edited: Oct 28, 2011
  3. RedDead1981

RedDead1981 Prayer is beautiful when it's sincere

+155
    Unitarian
    Private
    US-Others
    Link broked.

4. RealDealNeverstop

RealDealNeverstop Is Prayer Your First or Last Action?

+1,183
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    The groups clamoring the most about the WoC are often the same people who actually conduct a WoC by replacing Jesus with everything but the celebration of his birth. The truly sad part is many Christians fail to realize his birth should be celebrated as a lifestyle and not a holiday.

5. NightHawkeye

NightHawkeye Work-in-progress Supporter

+7,967
    Methodist
    Married
    Dang,

... who'd a thought a meek little lamb would fight back? :eek:

6. Nabobalis

Nabobalis Guest

+0
    I wouldn't call Bill "How do the tides work" O'Reilly meek.

7. Self Improvement

+70
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    [​IMG]

8. Self Improvement

+70
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    [​IMG]

9. USincognito

USincognito Milk-Bones for Cerberus is a cool album name Supporter

+13,571
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    Yeah, NH seems to live in bizarroworld. Going ape poop over an editing error and telling a 9/11 victim's son to shut the {redacted} up is "meek"?

NH won't actually respond to whether Papa Bear is "meek" or not, but will instead respond myopically to the exchange with the 9/11 victim's son or with post another non-sequitorial cartoon, etc.

10. RealDealNeverstop

+1,183
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    If the human brain qualified as a limb O'reilly would be an amputee.

11. NightHawkeye

NightHawkeye Work-in-progress Supporter

+7,967
    Methodist
    Married
    To be honest, I didn't even recognize Bill O'Reilly in the picture. I'm not a big fan of his. My response was simply a reference to the supposed meekness of Christians, which seems to be the expected response from many.

As for non-sequiters, I take this thread to be light-hearted. I'm surprised that some of you apparently take it much more seriously.

12. MachZer0

MachZer0 Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place

+1,509
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    A lot of our liberal friends have tomake light of the War on Christmas and the Culture War in general. The reason being that said wars expose their animosity toward the free exercise clause of the st Amendment, which they by all appearances like to redact from the Constitution

Last edited: Oct 28, 2011
  13. Belk

Belk Senior Member Supporter

+6,449
    Agnostic
    Married

Yes, it really grouses me when businesses are free to say "happy holidays" to their customers. ^_^

14. MachZer0

+1,509
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Does it also grouse you when a public school teacher is forbidden to wish her students a Merry Christmas?

15. SOAD

SOAD Why do they always send the poor? (S.O.A.D.)

+220
    Deist
    Private
    US-Others
    Considering there is no proof this happens, your point is moot.

16. SOAD

+220
    Deist
    Private
    US-Others
    Who cares about Christmas? We are discussing a war on Christmiss :D

st Amendment? Is that any relation to st Nick?

I dont know if Santa Claus exercises freely? Is that considered the free exercise clause ?

17. RealDealNeverstop

+1,183
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    Actually I would fully support banning teachers from saying MC unless a student said it first. The reason being the compulsory assumptions force kids and people in general to participate in a religious holiday that not all people recognize. As a small business owner this is a mistake I have made with clients who quickly corrected me.

18. SOAD

+220
    Deist
    Private
    US-Others
    I see your point on the 'saying it first' comment although it does seem to be a bit heavy handed PC on MC, don't U agree? ;)

Have you ever wished a client HH and were corrected because they reject PC regarding MC?

19. disciple2011

disciple2011 Newbie

+28
    Other Religion
    Private
    I would have no issue at all so long as the teacher does not get equally offended by a student saying back happy yule, happy Chanukah or other end of the year festival.

But seeing how many Christians are already touchy about the subject enough to get the panties in a twist because many would rather not offend by saying happy holidays I doubt they will take it in the same vein as the Second Great Command that they are supposed to follow.

20. MachZer0

+1,509
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    If I stood are your side of the issue, I would be reluctant to answer that question as well. Are you familiar with that river in Egypt?