WaPo Opinion: Republicans' "witness list" shows they got nothing -- and Donald did it.

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
This is why they do depositions behind closed doors.

Yeah, that's not how it works. Both parties are present for depositions. Both prosecution and the individuals lawyer.

Who is representing the Republicans in these closed door meetings? Or actualy Trump?

• Useful
Reactions: Zanting
Upvote 0

ilovechloe

Oct 25, 2019
Brisbane
✟5,034.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Where is this evidence? Staying you heard someone say something they themselves heard is not evidence.
Practically the entire new testament is based on that sort of evidence!

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Practically the entire new testament is based on that sort of evidence!

Your off base. Empirical evidence is based on observation and experimentation. So are the evidences of God. They are both observable and testable. If you see no results, I might suggest you have the wrong variables.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
What's the alternative?
Why was aid put on hold?

Would you please answer the question. Do you believe Trump should be impeached for subjective opinion concerning what his statement may, or may not have implied?

• Useful
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
  • Agree
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

stevil

Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Would you please answer the question. Do you believe Trump should be impeached for subjective opinion concerning what his statement may, or may not have implied?
I've answered. I find the evidence so far very compelling, I'm yet to see any compelling evidence in his defence, but I will reserve my judgement until the trial has been completed and all the evidence presented.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Well one of the problems is Trump has lead his base to believe it's just about the call. Hence the "read the transcript" nonsense even though of course he never released the actual transcript, just a summary.
Hence the reason why you end up with folks thinking this is about "subjective opinion" on what was said in the call. The testimony already given makes it clear it went far beyond that call.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

stevil

Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
That is another game. schiff has sole authority.
Well, it's got to the point where the executive branch cannot be trusted to investigate the executive branch. Barr saw the whistleblower report and proclaimed there is nothing to see here and refused to open an investigation. So now, the only authority left is Congress as a co-equal branch.

So the House get to do their investigation and get to present their evidence and have their vote.
Next will be upto the Republican led Senate to lead their trial and have their vote.

This is just the way the USA system is. This is how they have chosen to put checks on the president.
In my country, I think it is a lot simpler. The prime minister's own party can vote them out and they then vote for a new prime minister. But then again we haven't been tested with such criminal behaviour by our leaders.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Skreeper

Jan 30, 2017
Germany
✟91,021.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

I hope you're getting paid for your unwavering loyalty and defense of Trump and his despicable actions.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
“Reports of a reliable whistleblower complaint regarding the President’s communications with a foreign leader raise grave, urgent concerns for our national security. We must be sure that the President and his Administration are conducting our national security and foreign policy in the best interest of the American people, not the President’s personal interest."
Quote: Nancy Pelosi
The whistle-blower was determined reliable by the IG ... to have his concerns investigated ...
This "evidence" the dems have is yet again hinged upon some random document written by an anonymous source.
The impeachment evidence doesn't hinge upon the whistle-blower report. The whistle-blower's report led to its discovery/exposure ...

• Agree
Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What was the catalyst of these investigations?
Actually ... Trump's (and others) actions ultimately was the catalyst for the investigations. No questionable actions ... no investigation.

The whistle-blower's report was just a heads up alarm that something seemed to be a-brewing ...

• Winner
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0