WaPo Opinion: Republicans' "witness list" shows they got nothing -- and Donald did it.

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
So you're telling me you can substantiate a crime worthy of impeachment from the transcript?
Yes. Other context helps to make the case, but the meat of it is Zelensky's request for aid, followed by Trump's condition of receiving a favor first.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It was smoke to get people's attention and to look further for evidence.

Bingo. It is the entire basis for the investigation, and the justification needed.

• Agree
Reactions: Zanting
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Yes. Other context helps to make the case, but the meat of it is Zelensky's request for aid, followed by Trump's condition of receiving a favor first.

Where did Trump present a condition for aid in the transcript?

• Informative
Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
So you're telling me you can substantiate a crime worthy of impeachment from the transcript?
And the multitude of testimonies and the fact that aid was put on hold, and the fact that Ukraine president had a CNN interview booked, and the public statements made in the media by Trump and Mulvany and the firing of that ambassador. There is an abundance of evidence supporting the case that Trump extorted a USA ally for a personal favour to help him win the next election.

Upvote 0

stevil

Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Bingo. It is the entire basis for the investigation, and the justification needed.
I don't get what your point is.
When the case goes to trial the whistleblower statement isn't going to be key evidence.
The testimonies are going to be the key evidence as well as a couple of media clips, a phone transcript, and records showing that aid was put on hold at Trump's request.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
And the multitude of testimonies and the fact that aid was put on hold, and the fact that Ukraine president had a CNN interview booked, and the public statements made in the media by Trump and Mulvany and the firing of that ambassador. There is an abundance of evidence supporting the case that Trump extorted a USA ally for a personal favour to help him win the next election.

Where is this evidence? Staying you heard someone say something they themselves heard is not evidence.

• Agree
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I don't get what your point is.

I know but I'm trying my darndest to explain it.

When the case goes to trial the whistleblower statement isn't going to be key evidence.
The testimonies are going to be the key evidence as well as a couple of media clips, a phone transcript, and records showing that aid was put on hold at Trump's request.

What substantiates the need for a trial or evidence? Not hearsay or accusation, what is the basis?

• Optimistic
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Really?
"I would like you to do us a favour though"

It is illegal to ask for a favor?

I asked: where did trump verbally speak a definitive condition before aid would be rendered?

• Useful
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

stevil

Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Where is this evidence? Staying you heard someone say something they themselves heard is not evidence.
Have you seen the media clips of Trump and Mulvany. Do a search, you'll find it. also the phone transcript has been publically released as has been many of the testimonies?

Do you read the stuff or do you take Lindsay Graham's approach to this?

Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

stevil

Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
It is illegal to ask for a favor?

I asked: where did trump verbally speak a definitive condition before aid would be rendered?

Do you have problems with comprehension?

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Do you have problems with comprehension?

Again, are you stating Trump is guilty of your interpretation of his statement? He is guilty of what people believe he may have implied?

• Useful
Upvote 0

stevil

Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
What substantiates the need for a trial or evidence? Not hearsay or accusation, what is the basis?
Witness testimony is evidence right?
There were many people present during the phone conversation. There were many people present for various conversations with Ukrainians, spelling out the need for a publicly declared investigation before the aid would be given and before a meeting at the white house would be granted.

This conversation would move quicker if you kept up with the news.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

stevil

Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Again, are you stating Trump is guilty of your interpretation of his statement? He is guilty of what people believe he may have implied?
You asked about where is the conditional.

"I would like you to do us a favour though" denotes a condition

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You asked about where is the conditional.

"I would like you to do us a favour though" denotes a condition

Are you stating Trump is guilty of what people believe he may have implied?

Yes or no?

Did Trump say he would not give aid if a condition was not made? Or did he ask for a favor?

You keep going back to this. And you keep presenting what you believe to have been implied as factual basis.

• Agree
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Witness testimony is evidence right?

Not when it is false witness or perjury used to keep from prosecution. Nor when it is falsely used in an egregiously false manor to convict an innocent party. That's not 'testimony'.

• Agree
Upvote 0

stevil

Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Not when it is false witness or perjury used to keep from prosecution. Nor when it is falsely used in an egregiously false manor to convict an innocent party. That's not 'testimony'.
This is why they do depositions behind closed doors. They get an account individually from many people of the same event. When the details align then it can be concluded that there is truth in there.

One guy was found to be lying, but then after seeing the opening statements of the others he came back and changed his testimony.
Why do you believe all these people are lying?

• Informative
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

stevil

Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Are you stating Trump is guilty of what people believe he may have implied?

Yes or no?

Did Trump say he would not give aid if a condition was not made? Or did he ask for a favor?

You keep going back to this. And you keep presenting what you believe to have been implied as factual basis.
I think the evidence is pretty damming, I haven't really heard any plausible defence yet. But I will hold my final judgement until the actual trial is held and we see all the evidence that there is to present.

Upvote 0