United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
It's sad.

You know what is sadder? For the past four years, the Republican Party and a good portion of Evangelical America refused to hold the POTUS accountable for his behavior and deceit. We witnessed the consequences on January 6.

There's the big split. So many people cared about Trump's personality, while another chunk of America cared about his policies. Both matter, but which matters more to the benefit (or detriment) of America and her citizens?

Reactions: JohnDB
Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
There's the big split. So many people cared about Trump's personality, while another chunk of America cared about his policies. Both matter, but which matters more to the benefit (or detriment) of America and her citizens?
Yeah, Trump is a coarse-natured, self-centered bully, but so what? I voted against him because of his policies.

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Yeah, Trump is a coarse-natured, self-centered bully, but so what? I voted against him because of his policies.

Unironically this...yes.

The only possible silver lining to Trump's character traits was that he did attempt, best he could in the position he was in, to keep the promises he made during his campaign. Some worked, some didn't, some came to compromise. The man fought hard though. Sadly, Trump fought the swamp and the swamp won.

Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Unironically this...yes.

The only possible silver lining to Trump's character traits was that he did attempt, best he could in the position he was in, to keep the promises he made during his campaign. Some worked, some didn't, some came to compromise. The man fought hard though. Sadly, Trump fought the swamp and the swamp won.

I still root for the swamp drainers versus the swamp makers.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Unironically this...yes.

Kudos to the swamp, then, for keeping the government from shoving a right-wing Christian political agenda up our noses.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,426,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Character and leadership values matter. Without these, a leader will never gain the respect and trust of the American people.

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
Unironically this...yes.

Trump wasn't trying to drain the swamp. (i.e. get rid of corruption)

He was just trying to ensure it was filled with Trump brand water and alligators. (he wanted to make sure he got his cut on all corruption)

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Character and leadership values matter. Without these, a leader will never gain the respect and trust of the American people.

I think he gained a lot of international respect.

Japanese people are changing their twitter profiles to his face

Hong Kong protestors are holding Trump flags and banners

Brazilians and the Polish showing support for Trump

The left v. right factions are not just in the US, it's a global thing.

• Agree
Reactions: Taodeching
Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Trump wasn't trying to drain the swamp. (i.e. get rid of corruption)

He was just trying to ensure it was filled with Trump brand water and alligators. (he wanted to make sure he got his cut on all corruption)

Tell that to Planned Parenthood.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mayzoo

Jun 17, 2004
✟205,037.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Trump's hotels have made a mint since he took office. No research into other options just defaults to Trump's hotels regardless of cost.

Like most, he wants to drain the swamp of everyone else, but not himself.

donald trump jr sought for deposition - Google Search

• Agree
Reactions: Jamsie
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Trump's hotels have made a mint since he took office. No research into other options just defaults to Trump's hotels regardless of cost.

Like most, he wants to drain the swamp of everyone else, but not himself.

donald trump jr sought for deposition - Google Search

He has used his places, hotels and such places and then turned around and charged the government way more--I mean way more Trump Jr. is being investigated along with Trumps' favorite daughter, for charging the government $1000 a day for some place that they never even looked for something cheaper.
Added all together, Trump made millions off the jacked up prices for using his properties.

Reactions: Jamsie
Upvote 0

MIDutch

Apr 3, 2020
Detroit
✟75,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I still root for the swamp drainers versus the swamp makers.
Me personally, I'm all for swamps and think the world needs more of them.

In the over all ecological scheme of things, swamps are way more important than donald trump is.

Swamps filter out waste and toxins, purify water and decompose organic matter (dead things) and break them down into important nutrients for other living organisms.

IOW swamps take out the garbage ... sort of like what happened to trump.

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
PG_2020.09.15_U.S.-Image_0-01.png
I think he gained a lot of international respect
This is very much untrue. International opinion of America had dropped quite sharply since Trump took office. Polling shows this clearly.

• Informative
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,106.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
International opinion of America had dropped quite sharply since Trump took office. Polling shows this clearly.
Add the fringe element of both sides to the picture and it has gone through the bottom.

Come to think of it, after he snubbed the troublesome leaders of the world we hardly heard a thing about them for a few years. I suppose now that he is gone the media will be promoting them again full force and they will have a come back tour. Business back to normal and the clock once again closer to midnight..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
Come to think of it, after he snubbed the troublesome leaders of the world we hardly heard a thing about them for a few years.
Maybe if you’ve only been paying attention to American news media, but there’s plenty going on around the world. The rest of the planet didn’t stop spinning for Trump.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,106.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The rest of the planet didn’t stop spinning for Trump.
I mostly watch European news to get a better handle on the rest of the world because they spend less time navel gazing, but like I said those so called evil leaders like Vlad and Kim didn't get much attention anywhere. Perhaps they enjoyed the solitude, but if not and their egos were damaged in the process they will be happy to get back in the limelight.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Perhaps they enjoyed the solitude, but if not and their egos were damaged in the process they will be happy to get back in the limelight.
Well the 24/7 TRUMP SHOW was pretty entertaining but exhausting.

Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟98,176.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Personally I found it quite boring. The media ran the same show every week for 5 years. :)

Well, if you don't like a particular show, don't blame the network. Blame the people who continue to tune in, week after week after week after.....

-- A2SG, gotta give the people what they want, right?

Upvote 0