Australia
✟119,825.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How do we even know that it is true. In this country it is suppose to be innocent until proven guilty, not just he said she said. The problem everyone is condemning the guy with no evidence whatsoever just an accusation. Have this country completely lost it mind
We do not know. We either believe her testimony and the testimonies of four other women or we do not. I believe the women.

Reactions: RisenInJesus
Upvote 0

Tutorman

Charismatic Episcopalian
Jun 20, 2017
california
✟103,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We do not know. We either believe her testimony and the testimonies of four other women or we do not. I believe the women.

Why? Where is the evidence? Would you like to be falsely accused or just accused and we kick you off of here just because we believe the accuser without any evidence?

Upvote 0

GingerBeer

Cool and refreshing with a kick!
Mar 26, 2017
Australia
✟119,825.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Why? Where is the evidence? Would you like to be falsely accused or just accused and we kick you off of here just because we believe the accuser without any evidence?
Their testimony is evidence. In a court of law testimony is evidence. In the public media testimony is evidence. People decide their vote based on testimony and that's the evidence they use to decide. I believe the testimony of the women.

Upvote 0

Tutorman

Charismatic Episcopalian
Jun 20, 2017
california
✟103,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Their testimony is evidence. In a court of law testimony is evidence. In the public media testimony is evidence. People decide their vote based on testimony and that's the evidence they use to decide. I believe the testimony of the women.

No it hearsay, not evidence and would not hold up in a court of law. There has to be some form of evidence more than she/he said. The problem is people think juging without really knowing is fine.

BTW you never answered my question. Would you like to be accused and without any evidence we all judge you as guilty? Would you be happy that Christians violated the Bible by judging you?

Upvote 0

GingerBeer

Mar 26, 2017
Australia
✟119,825.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No it hearsay, not evidence and would not hold up in a court of law. There has to be some form of evidence more than she/he said. The problem is people think juging without really knowing is fine.

BTW you never answered my question. Would you like to be accused and without any evidence we all judge you as guilty? Would you be happy that Christians violated the Bible by judging you?
It is what happened to them so their testimony is evidence. Heresy is when somebody says "hey, my friend said this happened to me" it is hearsay because they heard it said but these women are not telling a story that they heard they are telling what they directly experienced. It is evidence.

Upvote 0

Tutorman

Charismatic Episcopalian
Jun 20, 2017
california
✟103,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It is what happened to them so their testimony is evidence. Heresy is when somebody says "hey, my friend said this happened to me" it is hearsay because they heard it said but these women are not telling a story that they heard they are telling what they directly experienced. It is evidence.

No it's not evidence, it's just somebody saying something. Now stop sidestepping and answer my question

Upvote 0

GingerBeer

Mar 26, 2017
Australia
✟119,825.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No it's not evidence, it's just somebody saying something. Now stop sidestepping and answer my question
In a court room the evidence is somebody saying something about what they experienced. I expect people to make sound judgements based on the evidence. "Judge not lest ye be judged" is not a prohibition on hearing evidence and deciding if it is true. I believe the women. I do not believe the candidate.

Upvote 0

Tutorman

Charismatic Episcopalian
Jun 20, 2017
california
✟103,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In a court room the evidence is somebody saying something about what they experienced. I expect people to make sound judgements based on the evidence. "Judge not lest ye be judged" is not a prohibition on hearing evidence and deciding if it is true. I believe the women. I do not believe the candidate.

I do not. Everybody lies, judge unjustly if you must and ignore the questions because your afraid to answer. God will judge you as you have judged. There is zero evidence in this case

Upvote 0

GingerBeer

Mar 26, 2017
Australia
✟119,825.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I do not. Everybody lies, judge unjustly if you must and ignore the questions because your afraid to answer. God will judge you as you have judged. There is zero evidence in this case
I agree that everybody lies and who has most to gain from a lie about this is it not the candidate? He will have an almost certain seat in the senate earn lots of money have power over legislation and be a respected senator of the US. The women have very little to gain. They receive condemnation from many people who want to vote for the candidate and the candidate calls them liars accuses them of being paid by the Democrats to tell lies and threatens to sue them. Let's see if he does sue. If he does then we'll hear testimony in a court under oath and the candidate will be cross examined. The truth will out if he takes it to court but if he doesn't then is it because he is not so confident that he will prevail, perhaps.

Upvote 0

elliott95

JESUS PRAISER
Nov 9, 2003
Seattle
✟22,320.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
The counter factual I would like to propose is what would the world of US politics be like today if President Clinton had been forced to resign in disgrace circa 1998?

We know what the world is like where he was not forced to resign, but instead the girls who testified against him were described as bimbos and trailer trash, and actively demeaned and denigrated.

American politics is a theatre where character no longer matters, on all sides now.

The 2018 Chappaquiddick movie and NYT columns finally believing Broadwick are finally showing a glimmer of recognition that character matters, but it is long time coming where the heroes and the icons of the left are being seen as the Wensteins and the Weiners who they share moral compasses with.
Sean Hannity asked Moore the hard questions that MSM refrained from asking the icons of the left, and as a result, it is pretty easy to see what kind of person that ADA Moore was in his thirties. His defense was something to the effect that he didn't do it, can't remember if he dated teenagers or not, and if he did he always asked their mothers.

That tells me all I need to know, and for that, Clinton's Media Matters threatens Keurig for sponsoring Hannity's show.

Character does not matter. Truth does not matter.
Nobody listened to the ghost of Mary Jo Kopechne back then.
Perhaps they will start listening now.

The world where Clinton remains in the presidency in 1998, the world where Ted Kennedy gets a heroes funeral, is the same world that Roy Moore will likely be elected senator.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tutorman

Charismatic Episcopalian
Jun 20, 2017
california
✟103,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I agree that everybody lies and who has most to gain from a lie about this is it not the candidate? He will have an almost certain seat in the senate earn lots of money have power over legislation and be a respected senator of the US. The women have very little to gain. They receive condemnation from many people who want to vote for the candidate and the candidate calls them liars accuses them of being paid by the Democrats to tell lies and threatens to sue them. Let's see if he does sue. If he does then we'll hear testimony in a court under oath and the candidate will be cross examined. The truth will out if he takes it to court but if he doesn't then is it because he is not so confident that he will prevail, perhaps.

Oh she has a lot to gain from the enemy of freedom which is the swamp and progressive liberals, this is nothing more than a smear job to keep the status quo in the congress. Until she produces absolute concrete evidence she is lying

Upvote 0

GingerBeer

Mar 26, 2017
Australia
✟119,825.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Oh she has a lot to gain from the enemy of freedom which is the swamp and progressive liberals, this is nothing more than a smear job to keep the status quo in the congress. Until she produces absolute concrete evidence she is lying
It is not a single person who made the claims it is five independent women who have told their stories and the candidate denies them all and accuses them all of being paid by Democrats to do a job on him. Of course he has given no evidence to support his claim. He just denies and says they are "all lying about me". I believe the women. I do not believe the candidate.

• Agree
Upvote 0

GingerBeer

Mar 26, 2017
Australia
✟119,825.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Let them produce evidence, not liberal talking points. They are all liars unless they produce verifiable evidence, not hearsay
Testimony is evidence. It is real evidence. It's evident that hearsay is somebody saying "I heard it said ..." you do not seem to know how to tell the difference between testimony about what happened from somebody saying "I heard it said that such and such happened".

Upvote 0

Tutorman

Charismatic Episcopalian
Jun 20, 2017
california
✟103,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hey, I can judge like you are unjustly judging. You think it's fine to judge but when some brings a mirror you don't like it. TH WOMEN ARE LIARS! is no different than you judging someone unjustly. Two can play at your game bub

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GingerBeer

Mar 26, 2017
Australia
✟119,825.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hey, I can judge like you are unjustly judging. You think it's fine to judge but when some brings a mirror you don't like it. TH WOMEN ARE LIARS! is no different than you judging someone unjustly. Two can play at your game bub
I believe the women. I do not believe the candidate and nor does the national GOP nor do a great many Republicans in the senate.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟734,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
How do we even know that it is true. In this country it is suppose to be innocent until proven guilty, not just he said she said. The problem everyone is condemning the guy with no evidence whatsoever just an accusation. Have this country completely lost it mind

In a criminal court it's innocent until proven guilty. The court of public opinion is different. And there's also the fact that Moore's own statements haven't exactly been stellar, and many in his own party think he should step down.

-CryptoLutheran

• Agree
Reactions: GingerBeer
Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear GingerBeer.Yes, we certainly live in a changing world. What can WE do? Jesus told us in Matthew 22: 35-40: " The first and great Commandment is: Love God with all thy heart, with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. The second is like it: love thy neighbour as thyself." In verse 40 we are told: on these two Commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets." God is Love, and God wants loving sons and daughters. That is simple and straightforward. In Matthew 7: 7-10: we are told: Ask and you shall receive. We ask God for Love, then we thank God and share all love and joy, and compassion with all around us. God will see our loving and caring, and God will Bless us greatly. That is easy to remember, and Jesus will lead us all the way: Jesus is THE WAY. Let our love show, and let us follow God`s Commandments to us. 1) Love God first of all, then treat all around us as we want to be treated, always let LOVE LEAD us. God is Love, and God wants loving men and women. I say this with love, GingerBeer Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Reactions: GingerBeer
Upvote 0

GingerBeer

Mar 26, 2017
Australia
✟119,825.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Dear GingerBeer.Yes, we certainly live in a changing world. What can WE do? Jesus told us in Matthew 22: 35-40: " The first and great Commandment is: Love God with all thy heart, with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. The second is like it: love thy neighbour as thyself." In verse 40 we are told: on these two Commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets." God is Love, and God wants loving sons and daughters. That is simple and straightforward. In Matthew 7: 7-10: we are told: Ask and you shall receive. We ask God for Love, then we thank God and share all love and joy, and compassion with all around us. God will see our loving and caring, and God will Bless us greatly. That is easy to remember, and Jesus will lead us all the way: Jesus is THE WAY. Let our love show, and let us follow God`s Commandments to us. 1) Love God first of all, then treat all around us as we want to be treated, always let LOVE LEAD us. God is Love, and God wants loving men and women. I say this with love, GingerBeer Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.
These remain: faith, hope and love, the three of them; and the greatest of them is love. I am not sure how you relate love to the voting intentions of Evangelical Christians who intend to vote for a candidate who appears to be a serial sex offender.

Upvote 0