Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Newsweek reported that 40% of evangelicals in Alabama are more likely to vote for an accused child molester now that he's been accused than they were before the accusations were made. ..

Anybody can be accused, especially political enemies. There is no need for proof nowadays. But perhaps Christians should be careful before judging and wait the actual proof, before giving the judgment?

• Winner
Reactions: Tutorman
Upvote 0

dqhall

Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Newsweek reported that 40% of evangelicals in Alabama are more likely to vote for an accused child molester now that he's been accused than they were before the accusations were made.

Normally voting "moral values" means voting against immoral practises, laws, and candidates but now it appears that a good proportion of evangelicals see it differently. After five women have claimed that a candidate for the US Senate had dealings with them when they were between 14 and 18 years old (two of them were under 15, three 16 17 and 18) and two say they were molested by the candidate when they were 14 years old. The candidate denies their claims. Now it seems that evangelical Christians in Alabama intend vote for him more so now than before the accusations were made.

"Nearly 40 percent of Evangelical Christians in Alabama say they're now more likely to vote for Roy Moore after multiple allegations that he molested children, even as voters across the historically red state now seem to be punishing Moore for his past actions, a new poll shows.
... " from Newsweek

For those of us who are Christians how can such things be? Is it right to do as the poll says and intensify your decision to vote for a candidate after he has been accused of molesting young teenage girls when he was thirty something years old? Is this how Christian moral teaching shows its superiority to worldly morality?
Before the presidential election, a recording of Trump bragging about groping women surfaced. It was played on the evening news. Several women stepped forward to complain they had been molested by
Trump. Opinion polls showed Hillary was going to win. Trump won the election, although Hillary got more votes. Now Trump is the least popular president in recent years. Nixon suffered a similar lack of popularity after members of his staff led a team to break into the Democratic headquarters at Watergate to try to gain information about the Democrats' plans. Popularity is a fickle thing.

Upvote 0

Edwin627

Jan 11, 2017
England
✟28,651.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Newsweek reported that 40% of evangelicals in Alabama are more likely to vote for an accused child molester now that he's been accused than they were before the accusations were made.

Normally voting "moral values" means voting against immoral practises, laws, and candidates but now it appears that a good proportion of evangelicals see it differently. After five women have claimed that a candidate for the US Senate had dealings with them when they were between 14 and 18 years old (two of them were under 15, three 16 17 and 18) and two say they were molested by the candidate when they were 14 years old. The candidate denies their claims. Now it seems that evangelical Christians in Alabama intend vote for him more so now than before the accusations were made.

"Nearly 40 percent of Evangelical Christians in Alabama say they're now more likely to vote for Roy Moore after multiple allegations that he molested children, even as voters across the historically red state now seem to be punishing Moore for his past actions, a new poll shows.
... " from Newsweek

For those of us who are Christians how can such things be? Is it right to do as the poll says and intensify your decision to vote for a candidate after he has been accused of molesting young teenage girls when he was thirty something years old? Is this how Christian moral teaching shows its superiority to worldly morality?

Accused.

Upvote 0

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Very well put.

I think it's odd that the expectation is that Christians, who's very religion centers around the concept of redemption, are being pressured to condemn somebody for a forty year old sin without any consideration, not only of the evidence, but of the time passed and the possibility that Chief Justice Moore, had he actually done these things, may not be the same man he was forty years ago.

I know there are many thing in my past that are so foreign to me, it's like the actions of another person. And I know that Christ did not hesitate to forgive me of my sins and does not hold them over my head.

Like the Ungrateful Servant, how could I not forgive him, knowing the sins I've been forgiven for?
If you raped someone you are not forgiven until they themselves forgive you ,or if you murdered someone .
Lots of false ideas about getting away with sins against people .

Upvote 0

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Anybody can be accused, especially political enemies. There is no need for proof nowadays. But perhaps Christians should be careful before judging and wait the actual proof, before giving the judgment?
There are so many men who did things against women ,violence and rape ,even murder, and they got away with it ,so many .
Having said that they get away with it ,that is they die without being condemned by mans law ,but God will judge them ,and more harshly, for wanting to escape justice on earth .

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Innocent until proven guilty.
Moore will still win the vote because the witch hunt is so obvious: same tactics, same inconsistencies.
He's been on the hotseat before as they've tried to take him out before...but nary a word from these women?

The first woman had so many flaws in her tale it wasn't even funny.

These are the leftist tactics to drag out themes that appeal to decent people's views: victimized women, global disastrous warming, threats of losing funds for police, fire, elderly services.

God tells us to be wise as serpents, harmless as doves. Vote common sense.

Upvote 0

Marvin Knox

Senior Veteran
May 9, 2014
✟84,588.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

... " from Newsweek

The reason is simple as others here have pointed out.

Most believe that it is a political hit job.

I'm not sure I do. But I can understand those who do in this current political climate.

Fortunately it doesn't matter what I end up thinking since I don't live there.

Upvote 0

lsume

Supporter
Mar 14, 2017
Florida
✟417,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

... " from Newsweek

I am not someone who typically watches the news. The major reason for that is that I don’t believe that the mainstream televised news networks actually address real news. For example, about 18,000 children starve to death every single day in this world and that number has gone up since I first started tracking it. That bit of truth doesn’t make the nightly news. God The Father is The Judge and there is a time of judgement. The very skewed abuse of the truth was, I believe, well thought out before being published. I don’t know the truth about the man being accused but the point that Newsweek apparently was trying to make appears to be extremely antichrist in nature. God The Father knows the truth and He will Judge.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GingerBeer

Cool and refreshing with a kick!
Mar 26, 2017
Australia
✟119,825.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Democrats consistently elected Robert Byrd, a former Klansman, to the United States Senate. Racism is immoral, so was it sinful for liberals to vote for him? Byrd’s affiliations with the KKK happened a long time ago, and he repented. Christianity teaches that we must forgive people’s past sins, so it wasn’t sinful to vote for him.

By the same token, the so-called child molester committed his sins a long time ago. Since then, he’s repented and become a Christian. So it isn’t sinful to vote for him.
It seems that it is immoral to vote for any known unrepentant evil doer just like it is immoral to vote for any wicked policy. Why do you ask?

Upvote 0

GingerBeer

Mar 26, 2017
Australia
✟119,825.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If the accusation is true does it matter if it is made by an enemy, a friend, or a beloved? It seems that truth ought to be the measure.

• Agree
Reactions: RisenInJesus
Upvote 0

GingerBeer

Mar 26, 2017
Australia
✟119,825.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Before the presidential election, a recording of Trump bragging about groping women surfaced. It was played on the evening news. Several women stepped forward to complain they had been molested by
Trump. Opinion polls showed Hillary was going to win. Trump won the election, although Hillary got more votes. Now Trump is the least popular president in recent years. Nixon suffered a similar lack of popularity after members of his staff led a team to break into the Democratic headquarters at Watergate to try to gain information about the Democrats' plans. Popularity is a fickle thing.
But Christian morals ought to be constant and no thoughtful Christian should be giving their permission, support, and votes to causes and people known to be unrepentantly wicked.

Upvote 0

GingerBeer

Mar 26, 2017
Australia
✟119,825.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The reason is simple as others here have pointed out.

Most believe that it is a political hit job.

I'm not sure I do. But I can understand those who do in this current political climate.

Fortunately it doesn't matter what I end up thinking since I don't live there.
Even a truthful "political hit job" about an unrepentant child molester running for the senate is true and can any faithful Christian vote for such a person in good conscience knowing that every word and deed is to be answered for before the judgement seat of Christ?

Upvote 0

GingerBeer

Mar 26, 2017
Australia
✟119,825.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am not someone who typically watches the news. The major reason for that is that I don’t believe that the mainstream televised news networks actually address real news. For example, about 18,000 children starve to death every single day in this world and that number has gone up since I first started tracking it. That bit of truth doesn’t make the nightly news. God The Father is The Judge and there is a time of judgement. The very skewed abuse of the truth was, I believe, well thought out before being published. I don’t know the truth about the man being accused but the point that Newsweek apparently was trying to make appears to be extremely antichrist in nature. God The Father knows the truth and He will Judge.
God will judge every voter for the secret thoughts they harboured when they voted and every one will give account to the judge for the things they say, do, and think. No one can escape the consequences of their own decisions.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Marvin Knox

Senior Veteran
May 9, 2014
✟84,588.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Even a truthful "political hit job" about an unrepentant child molester running for the senate is true
I'm not sure what you mean by that.

Of course a "truthful" political hit job is true.:scratch:
and can any faithful Christian vote for such a person in good conscience knowing that every word and deed is to be answered for before the judgement seat of Christ?
Not, if it's true.

What's your point?

Upvote 0

GingerBeer

Mar 26, 2017
Australia
✟119,825.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm not sure what you mean by that.

Of course a "truthful" political hit job is true.:scratch:

Not, if it's true.

What's your point?
I believe the women. I am not from Alabama so I am not directly affected as far as voting goes. Nevertheless I would not vote for him if I was a voter in Alabama.

• Agree
Reactions: RisenInJesus
Upvote 0

Marvin Knox

Senior Veteran
May 9, 2014
✟84,588.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I believe the women. I am not from Alabama so I am not directly affected as far as voting goes. Nevertheless I would not vote for him if I was a voter in Alabama.
Having heard his obvious equivocations when answering questions on Sean Hannity about his dating extremely young women as a 30 something - I tend to agree with you.

I would be extremely active in the avocation of substituting another Republican in this race if I were a Republican citizen in Alabama.

• Agree
Reactions: GingerBeer
Upvote 0

Tutorman

Charismatic Episcopalian
Jun 20, 2017
california
✟103,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
But a 14 year old girl!

How do we even know that it is true. In this country it is suppose to be innocent until proven guilty, not just he said she said. The problem everyone is condemning the guy with no evidence whatsoever just an accusation. Have this country completely lost it mind

Upvote 0