• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Voices Who I Think Are Real

Bridgida

Jul 27, 2016
London
✟26,595.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
If you think like me, that voices are real, if you use this template then you get soon or later into deep water. It just can be spirits or spiritual enemies.

I think my mother always talks to me. But in the Bibel talking to spirits is forbidden. So I am not allowed to learn anything about psychic development as I would like to.

There is another thing. In between this nice voice of my mother and other family members comes sometimes a dark male voice, I classify as bad. I think if religion would not exist that this evil is there to hinder constructive psychic communication.

But I am a paranopide schizophrenic. I do hear 2 types of voices. One since childhood paranoide voices where I believe people say bad things about me.
The other are these voices most people talk about, and who are from my family.

I can't believe that voices made solely in your head. As if I do this then I am a genius. I think it is fantastic. The problem is that I have to live with this. And as they behave to a certein extend, I like it. I think it is a cool mind game.

The problem is as I think they are real and Christianity is against it. Whyyyy?
I think it is natural. A priest once said that people go to heaven and do not come back. So either it is not true or the voices are something else.

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,932.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I also hear voices but I only hear them on few occasions, one of them is when I'm suffering from anxiety.

They are actually quite helpful sometimes like when I missed the alarm on my clock. A lady voice would tell me to wake up. It happens almost everytime I miss the alarm.

It goes more than just voices. One time, I was brushing my teeth, immediately after I'm done, the faucet knob moved by itself and turned itself off.

I heard the lady again shouting angrily and promptly, we were hit by powerful thunderstorm and it flooded. I wasn't affected by the flood though, not even a scratch.

Honestly, I can't explain it. It is harmless so far, in fact, it is helpful in little things and doesn't interfere at all when I'm studying the Word. But generally, I don't know what it is. It doesn't seem to fit anything that is described in the Bible.

Sometimes, I would just hear random voices. Like people talking to each other like a large gathering in the dead of the night. Sometimes it would be music like from a radio but a music I never heard of. Everytime it happens I know it's not real. I could still distinguish what's real perfectly. In fact, I have a degree of control over it.

I mean my parents and sister doesn't have a clue unless I tell them.

I think it has something to do with our soul. Something we don't know a lot about.

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Psychiatrists classify them as auditory hallucinations because they involve the stimulation of the hearing centers located on the temporal lobes of the brain. Other hallucinations are classified as auditory, hearing, palpatory involving touch or feeling, gustatory involving taste, olfactory involving smell, and visual involving sight. Sometimes they occur alone and sometimes in conjunction or in sequences. Such hallucinations have been stimulated in patients undergoing brain surgery via mild electrical shocks. Vivid memories have been elicited that way as well during such a surgical procedure where the patient can provide feedback.

However, such sense impressions might not be due to neural transmitter malfunction or human manipulation.
They can have a sinister source and that is why we are advised to avoid encouraging them. In short, they can be Satanic in origin since Satan and his demons can masquerade as persons who have passed away in order to promote the original concept that man does not really die at the moment of death and that God was lying when he said that man does. In short, such communication can lead to being misled. It can also lead to being possessed since human possession is a favorite hobby of such spirits. Israel's first king, King Saul not only lost his kingship due to communication with an entity claiming to be Samuel the prophet whom he had attempted to contact via a witch, but lost his life as well.

The solution to the first cause is to seek medical attention.
The solution to the second cause is prayer to God for protection and avoidance of any occult activity.

That is my understanding of the issue.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Voices can come from several sources.

They can come from our own imagination. They can come from holy spirits (such as Holy Angels or the Holy Spirit), or they can come from evil spirits (demons). And they can also come from a type of electrical activity in our own brains, which needs to be considered, especially if one has been diagnosed with such a condition.

The difficulty is in knowing the difference.

If they are disturbing you or saying something evil, they are not holy, but can be any one of the other three.

If they are saying something useful, there is no way to tell. Even demons may say useful things or inform us of things we cannot know on our own that turn out to be accurate, only to deceive us into trusting them.

I will only say that we ought never to expect to hear from deceased relatives. What you hear is not the sin of necromancy, if you are not actively trying to get the voice to speak to you. But it is impossible to say which of the other sources it might be.

All I can advise is caution. If you cannot know where the voices come from, you must always be aware it could be any of those sources.

In our Tradition, it is advised that even if an angel were to show up and speak to us, we ought not be quick to believe it. Even Satan can appear as an angel of light. Better to reject the thing - God will forgive us for ignoring a holy messenger if we do it so that we are sure not to be listening to a demon. Better to reject an angel accidentally than to receive a demon.

I'm not saying you should expect angels to appear. I'm only saying this as a bit of a parable to show that we need to always, always be careful.

This is a good thing to speak to both a doctor and a priest about.

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The way that God communicates with Christians today is through his Holy Word the Bible.
It is given to us to make his purpose known and our options in relation to his purpose clear. Salvation is through Jesus's Ransom sacrifice. Help is to be petitioned via prayer. Nothing more is needed.

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Half-ready for Anything.....
Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The way that God communicates with Christians today is through his Holy Word the Bible.
It is given to us to make his purpose known and our options in relation to his purpose clear. Salvation is through Jesus's Ransom sacrifice. Help is to be petitioned via prayer. Nothing more is needed.
Yes, a lot more is needed! You arent addressing this persons issue that they are hearing voices that they think are real! Its obviously not God, so tell her what it is!

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yes, a lot more is needed! You arent addressing this persons issue that they are hearing voices that they think are real! Its obviously not God, so tell her what it is!
Please note that in post number three I do include the possibility that you are referring to-the demonic. But it doesn't always have to be the demonic since the brain is quite capable of malfunctioning on its own due to cerebral neural transmitter imbalances and thus producing all types of hallucinatory experiences. Such a condition can indeed be alleviated via medication as experience has shown.

BTW
In some cases hallucinations can be immediately brought under complete control via Zoloft. Imagining them as demon produced might delay seeking medical help and inflict unnecessary suffering.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Please note that in post number three I do include the possibility that you are referring to-the demonic. But it doesn't always have to be the demonic since the brain is quite capable of malfunctioning on its own due to cerebral neural transmitter imbalances and thus producing all types of hallucinatory experiences. Such a condition can indeed be alleviated via medication as experience has shown.

BTW
In some cases hallucinations can be immediately brought under complete control via Zoloft. Imagining them as demon produced might delay seeking medical help and inflict unnecessary suffering.
True, however I wasnt implying that they were demonic, I was just saying that I didnt see where you addressed her concern.

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
True, however I wasnt implying that they were demonic, I was just saying that I didnt see where you addressed her concern.
Since you seem to believe that I neglected addressing her concern-please explain what her concern is. This way I will be able to address it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bridgida

Jul 27, 2016
London
✟26,595.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Thanks for answering. It was easy for me to write but then it wasn't done lightly and I thought to wait one week at least to replay.

one of the meditative prayér helped. I went through the week without feeling guilty and was not terrorised by noises.

But with me is always drama.
One voice I thought told me that my daughter is dead. It turned out she is ok and we will skype tomorrow. So this vouce was totally wrong. I thought that this must have come from me.
What a perverse illness that is.
And it is fostered by me because I think dark thoughts. The other scary part was that I believed the vouce a bit.

I ordered a bit higher dose of medicine.

But I dev. need to talk about me thinking so dark.

Voices can come from several sources.

They can come from our own imagination. They can come from holy spirits (such as Holy Angels or the Holy Spirit), or they can come from evil spirits (demons). And they can also come from a type of electrical activity in our own brains, which needs to be considered, especially if one has been diagnosed with such a condition.

The difficulty is in knowing the difference.

If they are disturbing you or saying something evil, they are not holy, but can be any one of the other three.

If they are saying something useful, there is no way to tell. Even demons may say useful things or inform us of things we cannot know on our own that turn out to be accurate, only to deceive us into trusting them.

I will only say that we ought never to expect to hear from deceased relatives. What you hear is not the sin of necromancy, if you are not actively trying to get the voice to speak to you. But it is impossible to say which of the other sources it might be.

All I can advise is caution. If you cannot know where the voices come from, you must always be aware it could be any of those sources.

In our Tradition, it is advised that even if an angel were to show up and speak to us, we ought not be quick to believe it. Even Satan can appear as an angel of light. Better to reject the thing - God will forgive us for ignoring a holy messenger if we do it so that we are sure not to be listening to a demon. Better to reject an angel accidentally than to receive a demon.

I'm not saying you should expect angels to appear. I'm only saying this as a bit of a parable to show that we need to always, always be careful.

This is a good thing to speak to both a doctor and a priest about.
she didn't say she was against the voices or having a problem with them. her concern was about feeling christians were against hearing voices, learning about voices, and interacting with the person who is talking.

Upvote 0

Bridgida

Jul 27, 2016
London
✟26,595.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I feel guilty free for 2 weeks now.
I have managed this. What a torture I have been through.
So one major deacon is gone.

Yet there seems to be another one who creates the poltergeist noises.

Then several strange voices were heard after a prayer and analyses.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It is the Christian responsibility to warn others who might be unconcerned about any potentially harmful experience. In fact, the Bible tells us that if we are aware of a danger and say NOTHING because the person is unconcerned, then we will share in the guilt of the harm that the person might suffer for having remained silent when we should have shouted a warning.

Ezekiel 33:6
New International Version
But if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet to warn the people and the sword comes and takes someone's life, that person's life will be taken because of their sin, but I will hold the watchman accountable for their blood.'

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
If you think like me, that voices are real, if you use this template then you get soon or later into deep water. It just can be spirits or spiritual enemies.

I think my mother always talks to me. But in the Bibel talking to spirits is forbidden. So I am not allowed to learn anything about psychic development as I would like to.

There is another thing. In between this nice voice of my mother and other family members comes sometimes a dark male voice, I classify as bad. I think if religion would not exist that this evil is there to hinder constructive psychic communication.

But I am a paranopide schizophrenic. I do hear 2 types of voices. One since childhood paranoide voices where I believe people say bad things about me.
The other are these voices most people talk about, and who are from my family.

I can't believe that voices made solely in your head. As if I do this then I am a genius. I think it is fantastic. The problem is that I have to live with this. And as they behave to a certein extend, I like it. I think it is a cool mind game.

The problem is as I think they are real and Christianity is against it. Whyyyy?
I think it is natural. A priest once said that people go to heaven and do not come back. So either it is not true or the voices are something else.
The voices could be a number of things. Do they ever startle you or tell you to do things? how often during the day do they talk to you? how many can you hear?

Upvote 0

Bridgida

Jul 27, 2016
London
✟26,595.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I take now for a month my anti-psychotic and anti -depressant and things are now quieter. Thanks for helping and happy Christmas time and New Year to you all. Thanks

Attachments

• christmas4444.jpg
    christmas4444.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 19
Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Since you seem to believe that I neglected addressing her concern-please explain what her concern is. This way I will be able to address it.
It appears to me that her concern is if the voices are real. She didnt say God was talking to her. I bet with things being quieter it is easier to see that the voices are part of the illness which is real, but the voices you can control. If they were seriously real the meds would not affect them. glad youre better

Upvote 0

jaxis

Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2016
Michigan
✟53,030.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have Schizophrenia I hear voices. When there evil I rebuke them in JESUS Name. I no longer will talk to them. I thought I was talking to my deceased Grandpa and Grandma one time they came as a friend and ended up pure rotten evil. I will not talk to them if there real evil and they won't stop by praying I open the KJV Bible to Psalms 23 and read it until it stops and I'm okay. I also have closed eye hallucinations real bad as soon as they appear I shoot em down by saying once again I rebuke you in the name of JESUS. Sometimes the hallucinations are opened eyed now I get really scared thought I had special powers that it was GOD nope it wasn't it was a big red eye and it was as real to me as anything. Now what would that do if it happened to you. But some lessons have to be lived to be understood your playing with fire me personally I'm scared. I take my medication I also have fibromyalgia in pain all the time. I personally believe my schizophrenia is a generational curse and that's far and that's just I have been in 16 psychwards sober not testing for illegal drugs or alcohol. I will always be on medication that's why I have been hospitalized so much not taking my medication. I have schizophrenia and fibromyalgia and I deeply deeply deeply Love JESUS CHRIST. I'm not mad at GOD a lot billions of people got it a lot worse HIS yoke is Easy and HIS burden is light.

Reactions: Eloy Craft
Upvote 0