Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
So my wife and I visited my local Presbyterian Church (Bidwell Presbyterian Church) for the first time ever this past Sunday and we thoroughly enjoyed it. Granted I'm not sure if we got the "full experience" because we attended one of the contemporary services held in a defunct movie theater about a block away from the actual church, nevertheless it was awesome.

I had a brief experience with their college ministry about 4-5 years ago when the college group I was a part of began to merge with them, I really enjoyed it back then. For some reason or other when my church at the time quit supporting my college group I ended up back with them instead of at the Presbyterian Church.

At any rate my wife and I finally decided to check it out and we ended up feeling right at home, more so than anywhere else we've been since we first met. It was extremely refreshing.

Since then I've been spending time getting more acquainted with Presbyterian (and by extension PCUSA) theological beliefs, philosophies and ideologies. This seems to fit me like a glove... I had no idea that I aligned so well with Presbyterianism. Fortunately for me, my wife ended up loving it just as much because the worship was excellent (she's not academically oriented like me, rather she loves to sing). I know I can't base my decision on one visit but I'm chomping at the bit to return this coming Sunday.

So at any rate, I thought I'd stop in here and say hello to members of the Presbyterian Church. I don't want to jump the gun since I've only been once, but I can honestly say I wouldn't be surprised if we officially joined this church. :wave:

ThatWhichIsnt

evidence trumps all
Apr 20, 2011
✟8,158.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Very glad you had an enjoyable experience! If the Lord has lead you there then I hope it becomes like a home.

Be careful with the PCUSA. There are still some great churches to be found there, but the leadership at the top is extremely liberal which has lead to a lot of churches breaking away.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
ThatWhichIsnt said:
Very glad you had an enjoyable experience! If the Lord has lead you there then I hope it becomes like a home.

Be careful with the PCUSA. There are still some great churches to be found there, but the leadership at the top is extremely liberal which has lead to a lot of churches breaking away.

Yeah I've heard about the disagreements and debates within the PCUSA. It seems like our local church is pretty solid, I'm fairly sure it's more liberal than the church I've been going to (or at least it's moderate) which I like.

Supposedly it's in the top 10% of PCUSA churches for growth.

Upvote 0