Video of Pat Robertson leg pressing 1000lbs..

Doctrine1st

Official nitwit
Oct 11, 2002
Seattle
Visit site
✟12,523.00
Faith
Politics
US-Others

BeautyForAshes

Senior Veteran
Sep 19, 2004
Kansas
✟20,736.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
That's an excerpt from his weight-loss DVD. He doesn't sell a shake, but it gives you a recipe for a health shake as well as a workout portion. I got sent mine free, but I am a member of the 700 Club though.

Love him or hate him, I know I CAN NOT do 1,000 lbs! :eek:

Upvote 0

Harpuia

Oldie... very very oldie...
Nov 9, 2004
Undisclosed
✟27,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
DhaliClone said:
That's fine, because neither can he.

Still, for a 76-year old man, he's got it goin'.

So if he can do that with 1000 lbs., I think he could probably do full legpresses of around 250, 300, even 350. That's a pretty tall task.

Upvote 0

trunks2k

Contributor
Jan 26, 2004
✟270,241.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Mom to 5 said:
do you think the video is doctored. . .or did I miss something?

The video isn't doctored, he's just not doing a real leg press. For example, he doesn't bend his knees enough and he uses his hands, which I don't think to are supposed to do (as it acts like a lever, making the "leg press" easier). If you did a leg press the way he does, you'd probably be able to do it too. If he was doing them the right way, he probably wouldn't be able to do it. Not to mention he's made claims of being able to leg press 2000 pounds, which is over the world record.

Not saying that Pat Robertson isn't in good shape, but he's exagerating what he can do. And if that's an excerpt from a workout video, he's teaching bad form.

Reactions: Black_Ivy
Upvote 0

Petunia

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 9, 2004
✟211,267.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
article said:
Robertson said his doctor encouraged him to leg-press weights to strengthen his bad knees.

Maybe I should start doing this! I had to use a heating pad on one of my knees all weekend!

Robertson said:
"We weren't trying to compete with 25-year-old bodybuilders," Robertson said. "We were merely trying to show seniors that they didn't have to spend time in a wheelchair or in a rocking chair in a nursing home, that they could live an active life."
And that's the first thing he says in that video.

Robertson said:
"When I hit 570 pounds, it was a big deal," he recalled. "I called everybody in the gym to come look at what I'd done. Then one Saturday we went up to 800 pounds. Then later my doctor who was working with me got me up to 1,500. I went up 1,400, 1,500, 1,600, 1,700 ... in one day. The last time, it was one lift, I went 2,000 pounds."

"But I didn't do it with the same form that these professional bodybuilders do, which is a full squat, and it's very difficult," Robertson said. "But I did do it. I regularly can do 1,000 pounds and 1,200 pounds."
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/06/07/health/main1692375.shtml

Way to go, Pat!

Reactions: Mom to 5
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DhaliClone

Oct 28, 2004
✟17,207.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Petunia said:
Pat Robertson said:
But I didn't do it with the same form that these professional bodybuilders do, which is a full squat, and it's very difficult. But I did do it. I regularly can do 1,000 pounds and 1,200 pounds.

"I made 500 three-point shots in a row. I didn't shoot from the 3-point line like professional basketball players do, which is really far, and it's very difficult. But I did do it."

Upvote 0

Quantos

Sock ? What Sock
Mar 6, 2005
Earth for now
✟33,990.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
trunks2k said:
The video isn't doctored, he's just not doing a real leg press. For example, he doesn't bend his knees enough and he uses his hands, which I don't think to are supposed to do (as it acts like a lever, making the "leg press" easier). If you did a leg press the way he does, you'd probably be able to do it too. If he was doing them the right way, he probably wouldn't be able to do it. Not to mention he's made claims of being able to leg press 2000 pounds, which is over the world record.

Not saying that Pat Robertson isn't in good shape, but he's exagerating what he can do. And if that's an excerpt from a workout video, he's teaching bad form.

Exagerating or lying about what he can do ?

Upvote 0

jlujan69

Jul 28, 2004
United States
✟5,360.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Once in high school I did 800 or 900 pounds, though I don't remember what my form was. I do know that I didn't use my hands to push my legs because I always hold onto the handles. I'm guessing that I didn't go half way down, but only partially. Nevertheless, I couldn't even do that now. It's good to see that Pat works out anyway.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.